Vlookup / Objects help XL2003

Hi

I have a table with some measurements in and a "freeform" drawing for each
row.

EG

A                    B                C
Model1        Size1            "Freeform 1"
Model2        Size 2           "Freeform 2"

I am familiar with Vlookup but is it possible for me to say lookup the model
in column A and return contents of C (ie the drawing).

I'm currently getting zero returned as the drawing is just placed in the
cell - is there away of attaching the drawing to the cell?

Hope this makes sense

Thanks

Steve

Hi
see:
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Steve Jones" <steve.jones@kingcomesofas.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi
>
> I have a table with some measurements in and a "freeform" drawing for
each
> row.
>
> EG
>
> A                    B                C
> Model1        Size1            "Freeform 1"
> Model2        Size 2           "Freeform 2"
>

> I am familiar with Vlookup but is it possible for me to say lookup
the model
> in column A and return contents of C (ie the drawing).
>
> I'm currently getting zero returned as the drawing is just placed in
the
> cell - is there away of attaching the drawing to the cell?
>
> Hope this makes sense
>
> Thanks
>
> Steve

0
frank.kabel (11126)

CHTMLView help needed
I have a CHTMLView and I want to save the output from it as a bitmap (or some other image type) file. Does anyone know how to render the content of the view to an image file (IE5.5 and up)? The normal standard Windows GDI based approach doesn't seem to work because it only gets the area of the view that is visible and includes the view's scroll bars in the output. Is there away to get cleaner output rendered to an impage file that doesn't have the scroll bars and shows the whole content, not just what is currently visible onscreen? ---------------------------- I know one of you ...

My Outlook 2002 Rules have disappeared. Help
My rules have disappeared. And the Tools menu Rules options have disappeared also. Plus, when I click on right click on a piece of mail, and pick the create rule option, nothing happens. So I have three problems: 1. Outlook has lost all of my rules. Not I big deal I did not have many. 2. It will not create a rule. A big deal as I can not enter any new rules. 3. The Tools menu does not have and will not take a Run Rules option. So basically all commands, options, features related to rules are inoperable. What kind of cs program is this. By the way, my Outlook is on one computer. ...

Need Help #2
Hi This is Rehan Akhter from Delhi india. I want to detect any external device(like USB, CD/VCD, Ethernet, Modem, Serial Port, Parallel Port etc) and the same time i want protect copying the data from our local drive to any external drive. Thanks in advance R e h a n You might want to post this question on microsoft.public.win32.programmer.kernel where the device driver experts hang out. joe On 11 Feb 2007 22:18:46 -0800, "Guddu" <rehan.akhter@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi >This is Rehan Akhter from Delhi india. I want to detect any external >device(like USB, CD/VCD...

Help #48
How do I stop the automatic download of messages in Outlook In OL2003, tools>send/receive>send/receive settings>disable scheduled send/receive. Other versions, not sure. I think it's in options. HTH Mark -----Original Message----- From: Andrea [mailto:Andrea@discussions.microsoft.com] Posted At: 30 September 2005 08:36 Posted To: microsoft.public.outlook Conversation: Help Subject: Help How do I stop the automatic download of messages in Outlook -- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.344 / Virus Database: 267.11.8/114 - Release...

using a date in vlookup
i want to perform a vlookup using the Now() function to generate the lookup value (A1), the 1st column in the table [col B] array will be all the dates in a year listed consequtive,, and the 2nd column being a value assigned to each day in the 1st column [B]. My formula is vlookup(A1,B1:C367,2). The result I get is "#N/A. What am i doing wrong? Thanks Tonso NOW() returns both the date and the time, so you would be better off using TODAY(), which only returns the date. Another problem might be that your dates in column B are really text values that just look like dates - see what happe...

Help with LoadImage() API pls
Hi, I'm running in a MFC extension DLL and trying to extract a bitmap resource Here's what I've got HANDLE hBmp =LoadImage( NULL, MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDB_BMPC1), IMAGE_BITMAP, 0, 0, LR_CREATEDIBSECTION | LR_DEFAULTSIZE ); GetLastError returns 1814 1814 The specified resource name cannot be found in the image file. ERROR_RESOURCE_NAME_NOT_FOUND This is also true of FindResource() For the first parameter I've tried AfxGetResourceHandle() AfxGetApp()->m_hInstance HANDLE LoadImage( HINSTANCE hinst, // handle to instance LPCTSTR lpszName, // ...

Help in fixing error message
Hi I have created a form which contains information from three tables. In this new form, I need to be able to include fields with multiple responses. I have changed the fields to allow for multiple values and ability to edit values. Whenever I try to use one of these fields, I get the following message: The multi-valued field cannot be used in an ORDER BY clause. How do I fix this problem? Thank you in advance. How are you accessing the three tables on the form? Query with relationships? Are you talking about combo boxes with multiple values? If so what is the rec...

can't open this item. the operation failed. an object could not be found
Running Office 2003 on XP pro. Once I create a calendar item, and then I try to open the item later to view or edit, I get "can't open this item. the operation failed. an object could not be found" Also, when I try to drag an email into a task, which is useful to me, I get "Cannot create attachments. The operation failed. An object could not be found" OS and Office are all patched with latest stuff. Thank you, Peter My first thought is you need to run scanpst on your PST file. Do a search for scanpst, doubleclick it, and the instructions are pretty easy to...

vlookup excel and access...
assuming i have this code, is possible to use this vlookup withnthe adta into mdb access?... old scenario: Private Sub TextBox25_Change() Dim CODICE As Integer Select Case Me.TextBox25 Case "" Me.TextBox4 = "" Case 1 To 8 CODICE = Val(Me.TextBox25) Me.TextBox4 = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup _ (CODICE, Worksheets("TABELLA").Range("Q2:R9"), 2, False) Case Else Call MULTI_LINE_BOX End Select End Sub new scenario: Inested column Q and R in excel i have created a mdb into: \\my server\myserverdir\USER.MDB and into this mdb have inserte a table U...

Column help please
I have addresses in one column in an excel worksheet. When I highlite the address, it shows up correctly in the fx box (showing name on one line, address on the next, city, state and zip on last “line). However, when I pick the any address in the drop down box I made, the address shows up as one long line, not as the multiple lines I need. How can I have this show up as I need? Ignore this post, already figured out "galgolfer63" wrote: > I have addresses in one column in an excel worksheet. When I highlite the > address, it shows up correctly in the fx box (showing na...

Query Help 05-21-07
I've posted an example of the Query results I would like returned from my Data Source. Basically, I want to have one row for each item, then have columns for the Months and show the Qty for that Item under the given Month. I know I can get my desired results using VBA, but was wondering if it could be done with straight SQL. Thank you. Data Source: Item Month Qty --------- --------- ------ 12345 1 50 12345 2 65 12345 3 42 67890 1 15 67890 2 11 67890 3 26 Query Results: Item Qt...

checking whether the current object is a specific class.
Hello. I need to check whether the current object Is a specific class, For example : function a(b as object) ' I need to check here, whether b is Button class. ' How can I do that ? end function Thanks :) Am 10.06.2010 21:36, schrieb Mr. X.: > Hello. > I need to check whether the current object Is a specific class, > > For example : > function a(b as object) > ' I need to check here, whether b is Button class. > ' How can I do that ? > end function > > Thanks :) What's your intention? -- Armin On J...

HELP My Inventory has disappeared
Dear Readers Now you see it - now you don't !! I have been using Money for over 1 year and all of a sudden my home inventory has disappeared. The box is still checked to include in the net worth summary, but it no longer appears in the report? My Money version is Version 14.0.120.1105 ( a UK version, perhaps?) I've spent a lot of time to develop all the accounts only to loose the inventory at the last hurdle...please help In microsoft.public.money, josh8176 wrote: >Dear Readers >Now you see it - now you don't !! >I have been using Money for over 1 year and all of ...

Vlookup within a vlookup
I am trying to lookup a cell within a table - but the table to use is found in another table. =VLOOKUP(B3,VLOOKUP(B2,F3:G9,2,2),2) Cell B2 is a dropdown box allowing one of the choices in colum f below. Column G represents which table to use for the initial lookup based on your choice in the drop down dox. column f column g Alt A 30 Yr fixed30 Alt A 15 Yr fixed15 All I get is an error - can someone help ? Thanks, Yosef It sounds like you would need to use INDIRECT within the lookup formula http://tinyurl.com/czxtt that thread shows the way to do it exce...

Please Help Me Secure My Form Results!!!
I have a FP 2003 form on a SSL page that contains confidential information. I would like to send it to a password protected page that my other employees can access with a unique username/password and then print the form results. I currently send it to the _private folder in formatted text– but I am the only one who can access it-- through FP. I tried to setup a subsite – but the Browse button in FrontPage Form Results does not see the subsite. I have tried other forums and paid for advice from “experts” on other sites – but no one seems to be able to tell me exactly how this ...

Lost on Vlookup, match, etc....
Can someone walk me through this please? I a workbook that imports a years worth of data from filemaker to be analyzed and charted in excel. It contains several sheets, but I am concerned with worksheet 1 (daily data) and worksheet 2 (bodyweight). Daily data contains the raw data I pull in from Filemaker. It results in a table with a row for each day of the year. It has 12 columns, but in this instance, I am only interested in 2 of the colums Column F, (Date), and Column R (Bodyweight). There is only one entry per week for body weight. The bodyweight sheet has 3 columns (week #, date, and w...

power options properties help me understand
I have recently re done my laptop, running windows xp, sp3, I am unsure what to set in the power options properties. My laptop is always plugged into power sourse, so I do not keep battery in all the time. I was told to , by dell, to shut down over night when not using it. Ok, but in the daytime if I am away where do I leave it in- do I log off, go to standby or hibernate?I do not see a sleep button on my keyboard- very confusing- at the moment this is what I have done-turn off moniter-never-plugged in-turn off hard disks-never- system standby-never- system hibernates-never-unde...

Outlook 2003
I just setup Outlook 2003 for someone today. It was preinstalled on a Gateway laptop, so I just activated it and setup the email account. Everything is setup correctly, however, when I hit Send/Receive, I get the error "No Object Found". Any thoughts? Thanks!! -- Remove 'spam' from email address to contact me directly what type of mail account? We see this error relating to address books occasionally when it's used with Exchange accounts. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual...

Export objects in bulk?
I have a large amount of objects (queries, forms, macros and reports) that I want to move from one mdb to another. Is there a way I can export them in BULK, rather than individually selecting each one? If you go to the other database, you can import them all pretty much in bulk. There is a select all option. You could also backup the current database to another DB name. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "Nathan" wrote: > I have a large amount of objects (queries, forms, macros and repo...

Location of Right Click Start Logo Items
Hi, I have changed the openning location for Windows Explorer at the default location under accessaries and is all good load to new location, however when I use the right click start logo shortcuts "Explore, Open all users, and Explore all users" its not starting at he new location. I want to change the right click start logo shortcuts starting locations but when I right click the shortcuts instead of getting a list so I can go to properties it actually runs the shortcut. I would like to know where to find the actual shortcuts so I can change the starting locatio...

VLOOKUP in VBA

Help with a formula
I have a worksheet that has tabs for each month. I want to track the avg use of a material we use for the last five workingdays... So no problem untill I need to go look at the previous month tab for that last few days of the month, to avg with the first few days of the current month. And I want it to skip the cell if it is empty So if I want to do a running five day avg, and skip the cell if it is empty, and look at another sheet, what would that formual look like. My first question may have been a little confusing. so basically the formula looks like this, =IF(K7=""...

AutoArchive creates new Personal Folders object (3'rd request for help)
Using Outlook 2002 (10.3513.3501) SP-1. Whenever I run an AutoArchive, it finishes with an 'operation failed' = error, and a new folders object named 'Personal Folders' is created. The = new folder is not linked to a .PST, and is easily removed using the Data = Files dialog. However, it returns with each AutoArchive. :-( Is there a solution to the problem? I found a posting that suggested that the deletion of all the name/value = pairs of the profile's registry key might solve a similar problem. What = potential problems might result from attempting this? I'd of cour...

Exchange disaster recovery help
I was wondering I have a client thats wants to have a disaster recovery site where if site A goes down site B will be able to handle his mail needs. My real question is can exchange some how replicate the data store to a 2nd site so that site B will have all of the same data in case of a disaster? I know I can do clustering but that would be in the same physical location not in seperate location if I am not mistaken. Any ideas would be great you can also do stretch clustering, which is geographically spanned cluster nodes in different locations...but it is quite expensive and the replica...

Public Folder is missing objects
I made a mistake. I was migrating from one Exchange 2003 server to another Exchange 2003 server. These were the only two servers in my structure. When I installed the second, I did not give it enough time to properly replicate all of the public folder data before I uninstalled it. Now, my public data folder on my only exchange server is corrupt. The primary indication of this (besides that I have no public folders visible in Outlook), is an error message when I click Send/Receive: "Task 'jaraco.com' reported error (0x8004010F): 'The operation failed. An object could not b...