vlookup not working #3

I've run into the issue in the past...  what I've found is
that the export from the Access database does not carry
the values forward, rather the cells are imported as
a "Label"...  to verify that this is occuring, type the
following formaula
=cell("type",A1) assuming that the cell that you want to
verify is in cell A1...
If this is occurring then you need to include a
translation of the cell content using the VALUE function
0
anonymous (74723)

This Formula does not work....
I'm trying to Count the amount of 'R' appearing in column D. Tried this formula below but no joy. =SUM($D$1:$D$249="R") Also tried =SUM($D$1:$D$49=J16) where J!^ contains letter R but still no joy. -- Many Thanks Gunjani Under the bed is not a good place to save snowballs for summer. =COUNTIF($D$1:$D$249="R") =COUNTIF($D$1:$D$249=J16) "Gunjani" <yunus786DELETETHIS@btopenworld.com> wrote in message news:MPG.1b02e1d1663db0a69896b8@news.btinternet.com... > I'm trying to Count the amount of 'R' appear...

ms office stopped working
about 30 secs after starting ms office outlook 2003 on vista i get a message: A problem caused the pgm to stop working correctly. Windows will close pgm and notify you if a solution is available. I have have to close the pgm but get no solution. Can anyone help? -- rpwater Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com This group discusses the Windows Mail application, repost to one of the Outlook groups. -- -- "rpwater" <rpwater.45t98c@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message news:rpwater.45t98c@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com... > > about 30 s...

using a date in vlookup
i want to perform a vlookup using the Now() function to generate the lookup value (A1), the 1st column in the table [col B] array will be all the dates in a year listed consequtive,, and the 2nd column being a value assigned to each day in the 1st column [B]. My formula is vlookup(A1,B1:C367,2). The result I get is "#N/A. What am i doing wrong? Thanks Tonso NOW() returns both the date and the time, so you would be better off using TODAY(), which only returns the date. Another problem might be that your dates in column B are really text values that just look like dates - see what happe...

vlookup excel and access...
assuming i have this code, is possible to use this vlookup withnthe adta into mdb access?... old scenario: Private Sub TextBox25_Change() Dim CODICE As Integer Select Case Me.TextBox25 Case "" Me.TextBox4 = "" Case 1 To 8 CODICE = Val(Me.TextBox25) Me.TextBox4 = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup _ (CODICE, Worksheets("TABELLA").Range("Q2:R9"), 2, False) Case Else Call MULTI_LINE_BOX End Select End Sub new scenario: Inested column Q and R in excel i have created a mdb into: \\my server\myserverdir\USER.MDB and into this mdb have inserte a table U...

drag and drop #3
How can I drag and drop contacts to calendar with name and addres... you can't - the contact is linked to the calendar item and you'll need to open the contact to get the address. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "luzadder" <l...

2003 video e-mail not working right
Have office2003 and installed video e-mail for outlook. I can record and send the video e-mail to myself or another user on my computer. when I go to open It all there is showing is the little square box and it will not play the video...What is wrong?? Using ie 7 ...

Working with a range
Can someone suggest visual basic code for a macro to check for the occurance of a single digit (1-9) in a range such as A1:C3. Each cell in the range must contain a digit once, ie. no repeats, and no blanks. Dan Have a look in VBA help for Find,then findnext -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Dan Chupinsky" <dchupinsky@twmi.rr.com> wrote in message news:iwKxe.43548$7X1.28928@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com... > Can someone suggest visual basic code for a macro to check for the occurance > of a single digit (1-9) in a range such as A1:C3. Each cell in the r...

Vlookup within a vlookup
I am trying to lookup a cell within a table - but the table to use is found in another table. =VLOOKUP(B3,VLOOKUP(B2,F3:G9,2,2),2) Cell B2 is a dropdown box allowing one of the choices in colum f below. Column G represents which table to use for the initial lookup based on your choice in the drop down dox. column f column g Alt A 30 Yr fixed30 Alt A 15 Yr fixed15 All I get is an error - can someone help ? Thanks, Yosef It sounds like you would need to use INDIRECT within the lookup formula http://tinyurl.com/czxtt that thread shows the way to do it exce...

I need a formula #3
Hi, I need a formula to do this, I think some function may be used A1 : Mar- A2: Mar- How could A3 be: Mar-1/Mar- Thanks Hi LDH! It depends upon whether or not your settings are US or Non-US and whether you are using dates or text. If A1 and A2 are dates and you use non-US date settings: =TEXT(A1,"mmm-yy")&"/"&TEXT(A2,"mmm-yy") Not quite what you asked for: Mar-01/Mar-02 If A1 and A2 are dates and you use US date settings: =TEXT(A1,"mmm-d")&"/"&TEXT(A2,"mmm-d") If A1 and A2 are text: =A1&"/"&A...

Link to File is not working. EMBEDs are displayed as icons.
I'm trying to create links to image files (.EMF .JPG .WMF) in Word 2007, Excel 2007, and PowerPoint 2007. Instead of getting a LINK, I get an EMBED Package. Open a blank Word 2007 doc / Insert tab / on Text panel click Object button / Create from File tab / Browse... to the file / turn on "Link to file" / click OK. Depending on the image file type, I either get an icon and filename, or just the filename. Pressing Alt-F9 shows that it got inserted as an "EMBED Package", not a "LINK". If I perform the same steps to link to a Word or Excel ...

Calculation not working
I have entered a RIGHT function, when i go to Insert, Function command and do RIGHT(G3,2), calculation shows up correctly in function box, but does not calculate in cell itself. Still displays command RIGHT(G3,2) What am I doing incorrectly? Have checked Tools, Options, Calculation, and Automatic is checked. Thanks in advance for your co-operation. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/200602/1 Did you actually start the formula with an equal sign: =right(g3,2) If you did, try formatting the cell as General. Then select the cell, hit F2 an...

Line spacing #3
In a text box my spacing between lines is how I want it apart from 2 lines. It has a wider spacing between 2 of them. I have tried Format/ paragraph highlighted the lines concerned and set to smaller spacing but this doesnt appear to change it. how do I do this thanks Format, Paragraph, be certain the line spacing before and after is set at 0pt. Turn on Special Characters (�) to see if it tells you anything. If you are doing a Enter after a line, you are starting a new paragraph. Try a shift+enter instead. -- Mary "SS" <nonense50@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in messa...

2007 search not working with Vista with new profile
It stopped working after I deleted my mail profile and started from scratch again. Who would have guessed doing that would break the search feature? I thought maybe it was indexing, but this is even after indexing has finished. Take any word from any subject line in any message and put that same word into the search box and it doesn't find the message. Using Vista with Outlook 2007 with Exchange 2003. Also the desktop search no longer looks inside my emails. Any ideas? Is there a cheat to make Outlook 2007 use the old simple search feature we love/hate from Outlook 2003 and befor...

Using CListCtrl #3
Does application get any notification message, when List Item is losing Selection? I need to apply some checks and want to prevent deselection in some cases? ...

VLOOKUP in VBA

conversions #3
I want to convert a Works data base file to Excell or Quatro Pro. Is there a conversion file that will do it? Ross Hood "ross hood" <rosshood@shaw.ca> wrote in news:e47d01c3f01c$d056b600 $a501280a@phx.gbl: > I want to convert a Works data base file to Excell or > Quatro Pro. Is there a conversion file that will do it? Do you still have Works? If so, export the file to a format that is universal, like CSV, SYLK, tab-delimited, then import into Excel or Quatro. -- My email address has an extra @ (spell it out) and an extra invalid. Please remove them if you a...

How to work with a list
Hi, I try to test a list of databases nothing in liste.out Can you help me ? Dim fso, infile, aNames, sBase, shell set fso = createobject("scripting.filesystemobject") set infile = fso.opentextfile("liste.txt",1) Set shell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell") aNames = Split(infile.readall, vbnewline) infile.close for each sBase in aNames wsh.echo "Base:", sBase shell.Run "tnsping sBase >> liste.out" Next "bob123" <bob123@gmail.com> wrote in message news:4c3d7e10$0$10071$426a74cc@news...

Lost on Vlookup, match, etc....
Can someone walk me through this please? I a workbook that imports a years worth of data from filemaker to be analyzed and charted in excel. It contains several sheets, but I am concerned with worksheet 1 (daily data) and worksheet 2 (bodyweight). Daily data contains the raw data I pull in from Filemaker. It results in a table with a row for each day of the year. It has 12 columns, but in this instance, I am only interested in 2 of the colums Column F, (Date), and Column R (Bodyweight). There is only one entry per week for body weight. The bodyweight sheet has 3 columns (week #, date, and w...

CRM on Office 2003
Hi everyone, Currently MS CRM is not supported on Outlook 2003. After installing the software and starting Outlook you get an error "Microsoft CRM folders cannot be installed". I found that every time I close and open Outlook (after saying no to not disable the add-in), 1 more folder is added to the Microsoft CRM Folders. I did this about 13 times and it added all the folders required. After that I could see the toolbar and it looks like everything is working fine. Regards Shane Coetser lol thats persistence "Shane Coetser" <shanec@oakwell.co.za> wrote in m...

VLOOKUP problem
I down a list of top 100 stock symbols to Excel and place them in Column A and their rank in Column B (1-100). the next week I download a new list of the top 100 stock symbols and their rank to Column C and D respectively. then I create column E using the function =VLOOKUP(C4,A:B,2,FALSE) Which tels me the rank each stock had last week and if a stock is new this week it puts "#N/A" in the appropriate cell in column E. How do I get the Vlookup function to put "NEW" in column E if the is new to the list and wasn't in the list last week? Ed =if(isn...

VLOOKUP #40
Would like to post data from one worksheet to another. Could you provide a few more details about what exactly you want to do. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "dr" <drivera@opvista.com> wrote in message news:1f1001c52c08$ad4c33a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Would like to post data from one worksheet to another. ...

Get 50,000 buck in 3 weeks
!!!!$$$$$$ EASY MONEY, AND IT REALLY WORKS!!!!!!, TRY IT AND YOU’LL BE HAPPY!!!!! :0) $$$Take five minutes to read this and it WILL change your life.$$$ I finally decided to read one of these articles in an internet newsgroup describing how to make $50,000.00 in only one month from a $5.00 investment. Of course I thought this was ridiculous ,or some type of pyramid. I talked it over with my family, an attorney, and my friends, and they all agreed it was some sort of scam. I hate scams because usually someone gets burned, and I didn't want it to be me! I blew it off for a few wee...

Why does my send/receive button not work?
All of a sudden my send/receive button does not work. I use a MailWasher Pro filter. I've checked all settings in both MailWasher and Outlook -- everything seems correct. I did receive an email this morning from someone and got the message that Outlook was unavailable and I was being switched to Word for an email editor. Can anyone help me? "MamaMel" <MamaMel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88D8852A-5ECC-44FC-9A1D-D45F64F15FB6@microsoft.com... > All of a sudden my send/receive button does not work. I use a MailWasher > Pro >...

Combining multiple files into one work sheet
Good afternoon, I have multiple files single worksheet files (30), each in it's own directory that I would like to have combined into a single workbook. Each file name is unique, however the midships of each file contains the date the file was created "C:\XVG001\XVG001_20090713_Reviewed.xls". Is there any way I can create a function or macro that will pull these files from their respective directories and combine these sheets automatically into one workbook? Thanks Try this add-in http://www.rondebruin.nl/merge.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/t...

VLOOKUP
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0001_01CAC8EE.B1306170 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, I use the VLOOKUP function to pull basic data from external data sheets, currently an example of my command looks like this: =VLOOKUP($A5,'[RT NP 67 MF.xls]ODD'!$A$1:$S$250,$L$1,FALSE) The "$AA%" is the data I am looking up and the "$L$1" is a variable to the column I am wishing to insert. The question I am trying to get an answer for concerns...