VLOOKUP #N/A Error

I keep getting a #N/A error even though I think my syntax
is correct. I am entering:

=VLOOKUP(CELL REF TO VALUE I'M LOOKING FOR, PAGE AND
ARRAY REF FOR POTENTIAL VALUES, # COLUMN THAT CONTAINS
RESULTS, FALSE)

Does anyone know why I would get a #N/A error? I have
tried sorting the data and starting with an array value
greater than my lookup value, and I know that all of my
lookup values have matches in the array.

Any ideas?
0
kaitxo (2)

If you're certain that there's a match, then the usual suspects are:

Leading/trailing/extra spaces in either the cell reference (or the key column in
the table).

Or if you're looking up whole numbers, then one is actually text and the other
real numbers.

Or if you're looking up decimal numbers, then the actual value of the cell isn't
a match for the table.

You see 3.333, but the value is 3.3333333333333 (for example).

=====
If it's text numbers v. number numbers, you can test with a couple of worksheet
functions:

=isnumber(a1)

For both the cell ref and the cell that you _know_ matches.

If one is true and one is false, then you found the problem.

You can convert the text numbers to number numbers by
select an empty cell
copy it
select your range to convert
edit|paste special|and check Add (under operation)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Error message whilst tying to do a mail merge
Hi, Im using crm 4 & trying my first mail merge. To keep things simple I have a letterhead (with an image in the header) saved as an xml file. Ive selected no fields & try to run a mail merge for an account. After i select template I get error message Runtime error c:/program files/internet explorer/iexplore.exe the application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way also occurs when I select the template that is preinstalled. thanks in advance ...

using a date in vlookup
i want to perform a vlookup using the Now() function to generate the lookup value (A1), the 1st column in the table [col B] array will be all the dates in a year listed consequtive,, and the 2nd column being a value assigned to each day in the 1st column [B]. My formula is vlookup(A1,B1:C367,2). The result I get is "#N/A. What am i doing wrong? Thanks Tonso NOW() returns both the date and the time, so you would be better off using TODAY(), which only returns the date. Another problem might be that your dates in column B are really text values that just look like dates - see what happe...

vlookup excel and access...
assuming i have this code, is possible to use this vlookup withnthe adta into mdb access?... old scenario: Private Sub TextBox25_Change() Dim CODICE As Integer Select Case Me.TextBox25 Case "" Me.TextBox4 = "" Case 1 To 8 CODICE = Val(Me.TextBox25) Me.TextBox4 = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup _ (CODICE, Worksheets("TABELLA").Range("Q2:R9"), 2, False) Case Else Call MULTI_LINE_BOX End Select End Sub new scenario: Inested column Q and R in excel i have created a mdb into: \\my server\myserverdir\USER.MDB and into this mdb have inserte a table U...

Template download error
I upgraded from Office 2000 to Office 2007 yesterday. Whenever I tried to open a template in Word and Excel I kept getting a template download error. I googled my problem and try all the solutions. Nothing worked! Well tonight I uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2007. Still getting the Template Download Error. However, I'm able to go on Microsoft's website and download the templates that I needed. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the error?? Are the legacy templates installed in the correct location? Is the location full accessible by Word with full permissions...

Vlookup within a vlookup
I am trying to lookup a cell within a table - but the table to use is found in another table. =VLOOKUP(B3,VLOOKUP(B2,F3:G9,2,2),2) Cell B2 is a dropdown box allowing one of the choices in colum f below. Column G represents which table to use for the initial lookup based on your choice in the drop down dox. column f column g Alt A 30 Yr fixed30 Alt A 15 Yr fixed15 All I get is an error - can someone help ? Thanks, Yosef It sounds like you would need to use INDIRECT within the lookup formula http://tinyurl.com/czxtt that thread shows the way to do it exce...

VLOOKUP in VBA

help! Error: The XML element is already in the current scope...
"The XML element 'EnableTheming' from namespace 'http://tempuri.org/' is already present in the current scope" I created a Web Service: I imported System.Data.SqlClient so I could access SQL server tables programmatically. The web service builds and deploys with no problems. When I try to add the corresponding Web Reference to the Web Site project I get the error listed below. I am able to create other Web Services on the same server and I am able to add Web Referneces to them. I have narrowed it down to the "Imports System.Data.SqlClient" statement, I thi...

Drag n drop bitmaps in the same window
MFC folks, Say I have a view and on this view I have drawn a bitmaps. I want the user to be able to click on this bitmaps and move it anywhere inside window n drop it. The cursor should change shape wheneverit is over the bitmap to indicate that this is movable. Then the user can drag and drop the bitmaps to the desired location. In general terms, how would this be done? Thanks, yash yashas060@gmail.com wrote: > Say I have a view and on this view I have drawn a bitmaps. I want the > user to be able to click on this bitmaps and move it anywhere inside > window n drop...

Runtime Error 1004
I have a workbook that contains 100 worksheets. On each work sheet I have the following code (see below) that runs and when a particular person is selected from a drop down list a jpg of their signature displays at the top of each sheet. This was working fine but I am now getting the following error after I select a person from the drop down and then when ever i try to input data into any other cell. The error message is: Runtime Error '1004'" Unable to set the top property of the picture class It then allows me to END or debug. if i select debug it opens t...

An annoying error
I upgraded my friend's computer from Win 98 to Win 2000 and Office 2000. Everything works fine, except for one weird problem. If he tries to open an ..msg e-mail attachment it tells him "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client." I checked everything and Outlook IS the default mail client in the settings. I recreated the e-mail profile too, just in case. No dice. It looks like some setting in the registry might be screwed up. Anybody has any suggesti...

Lost on Vlookup, match, etc....
Can someone walk me through this please? I a workbook that imports a years worth of data from filemaker to be analyzed and charted in excel. It contains several sheets, but I am concerned with worksheet 1 (daily data) and worksheet 2 (bodyweight). Daily data contains the raw data I pull in from Filemaker. It results in a table with a row for each day of the year. It has 12 columns, but in this instance, I am only interested in 2 of the colums Column F, (Date), and Column R (Bodyweight). There is only one entry per week for body weight. The bodyweight sheet has 3 columns (week #, date, and w...

File name error ine SMTP message
Hello, I have a pb with the file attach in the mail in CRM 3.0 The file is attach correctly in the pop-up webmail in crm. I send the mail and when the customer or me received the mail (pdf document), ne name of file is modified with this example: Pièce jointe : =_utf-_B_U3dpdGNoIERFTEwgVjQgLSBEZXZpcyAnMDctMDAyNTAnLnBkZgA=__= de Boîte de réception - Microsoft Outlook this pb is one mail of x mail send. ...

VLOOKUP problem
I down a list of top 100 stock symbols to Excel and place them in Column A and their rank in Column B (1-100). the next week I download a new list of the top 100 stock symbols and their rank to Column C and D respectively. then I create column E using the function =VLOOKUP(C4,A:B,2,FALSE) Which tels me the rank each stock had last week and if a stock is new this week it puts "#N/A" in the appropriate cell in column E. How do I get the Vlookup function to put "NEW" in column E if the is new to the list and wasn't in the list last week? Ed =if(isn...

Err.Description as error proc name trail, error handling
Hi All, I'm looking for guidance on how to retrofit into a large AddIn the 'best' or possible uses of the Err object in providing an information path to help track down run time errors in a 'production' environment. Some Background, 4 questions follow. I was new to VBA, self taught, when the coding started, (but with experience in other languages), and the vba error handling seemed too complex at the time, huge mistake on my part. The procs below are learning vehicles, which I'm just starting to play with, but they do show the essence o...

Weird error with member variables?
Ok, I'm stumped. I'm getting an access violation with the following code, but no clue why. Definition: class CRoughView : public CScrollView { protected: CRoughView(); DECLARE_DYNCREATE(CRoughView) //...Overwritten functions... public: void SetStepDistance(float NodeStepDistance) { fDistance = NodeStepDistance; } private: float fDistance; }; Nothing to complicated right? A simple float variable, and a simple variable assigment. However, when I call the SetStepDistance function, I get an access violation writing location 0x000002ac in debug mode. Anyone have any clue why...

unauthorized error when accessing reports
I have been working fine with reports for some weeks now, but this morning I came in and tried to access them via the web client and I received an unauthorized error (http 401) when I tried to access the reports list view. I tried the test server and received the same error. I am a system administrator , and everything else seems to be working fine. Has anyone seen this before, or know what might be causing it? ...

VLOOKUP #40
Would like to post data from one worksheet to another. Could you provide a few more details about what exactly you want to do. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "dr" <drivera@opvista.com> wrote in message news:1f1001c52c08$ad4c33a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Would like to post data from one worksheet to another. ...

Outlook 2000 Error 0x800ccc13
I have Outlook 2000 installed on WinXP home. After installing modem software (for fax purposes) I now receive error 0x800ccc13 when performing 'send receive' in Outlook. Outlook Express now also fails with 0x800ccc0f error. I've disabled all spywatch, firewall and filtering software and tested Winsock using Netdiag. Winsock passes but there is a fail for NetBT transports test failed (I'm assuming because I removed all services other than TCP/IP.) I've reinstalled Outlook Express using the procedure from #318378 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318...

Error 1025
Good Day, We are running Exchange Enterprise 2003 w/SP1 on Windows 2003 Enterprise Server (no SP) with about 60 users. All critical updates have been applied with no issues. As of a few days ago I started noticing a warning message in my event log which is a follows: Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store Event Category: General Event ID: 1025 Date: 9/10/2005 Time: 6:35:22 AM User: N/A Computer: TEST Description: An error occurred on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (TE...

Error 2147352567
I have a combo box on it that searches for the record on my form. My problem is that when I enter a new record using my command button to add a new record, then try to search for another record on my form using my combo box, I get the following message: Error 2147352567 Update or CancelUpdate without AddNew or Edit I have the following code for my combo box: Private Sub cmbCoName_AfterUpdate() ' Find the record that matches the control. Dim rs As Object Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone rs.FindFirst "[VendorNumber] = '" & Me![cmbCoName] & &q...

combobox and vlookups?
I am trying to add a combobox that when you select from the dropdown menu, the columns nextdoor automatically pull up corresponding data that is related to the selection from the dropdown list. Does this make sense? What do I do to set this whole thing up? (I don't know code). Thanks. -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com You shouldn't need code for anything you described here. Set up the combobox with the list fill range, if any. Set the linked cell to the desired cell. Then, use the VLOOKUP command in another cell to look for the linked cell from the combo box to lo...

circular error
I think this is a stupid question but I'm going to ask anyway :-) Actually it's on behalf of a friend of mine and I've told him it's not possible but I thought I would check with the experts! Is it possible to enter a number into a cell and have the cell display that number multiplied by a given number in that same cell? I don't think this is possible because of a circular error. I don't even know why he would want to achieve this, he hasn't told me. Is there way of doing this at all - maybe using VBA? You can have an accumulator cell but only if you us...

Outlook 2003 OLE Registration Error
I am running Outlook 2003 on Win XP Pro. ALL MS updates have been done for Windows, IE and Office. I receive the following error messasge only when I try to use the "Outlook Today" view. 'An OLE registration error occurred. The program is not correctly installed. Run Setup again for the program.' I have run "Detect and Repair" to no avail. I have renamed outlwvw.dll to outlwvw.old and run the repair to replace this file... Still no go. Everything else works fine except for Outlook Today. I can't survive without being able to view Outlook Today. Please h...

VLOOKUP
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0001_01CAC8EE.B1306170 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, I use the VLOOKUP function to pull basic data from external data sheets, currently an example of my command looks like this: =VLOOKUP($A5,'[RT NP 67 MF.xls]ODD'!$A$1:$S$250,$L$1,FALSE) The "$AA%" is the data I am looking up and the "$L$1" is a variable to the column I am wishing to insert. The question I am trying to get an answer for concerns...

Error-2147216474
hi all when i go to ma ke check database on SO V.2 i got above error massage. and when i try to open POS give me following massage: Row cannot be located for updating. some values may have been changed since it was last read. ...