vlookup for words content when there are duplicate values

Hi,

Can somebody help me here.
Thanks in advance.

When I vlookup Material 1 to Material 2 for the Project No, I get
the vlookup Project No. as 222-56 for all the duplicate Material
values.
How formula to use so that when there are duplicate values in
Material2, I want to have vlookup searching to match Project No.
containg "AA" as 1st choice ? (if no Project No. containing "AA", then
looks for its content "AB" and subsequently looks for "AC" if there is
no  "AB").

ColumnA		ColumnB		ColumnC
Material 2		Duplicate?	Project No.
224410		duplicate		222-AC
224410		duplicate		222-AB
224410		duplicate		222-AA
326544		no		110007

Material 1		Vlookup
224410		222-56
224410		222-56
224410		222-56
527770		#N/A

using a date in vlookup
i want to perform a vlookup using the Now() function to generate the lookup value (A1), the 1st column in the table [col B] array will be all the dates in a year listed consequtive,, and the 2nd column being a value assigned to each day in the 1st column [B]. My formula is vlookup(A1,B1:C367,2). The result I get is "#N/A. What am i doing wrong? Thanks Tonso NOW() returns both the date and the time, so you would be better off using TODAY(), which only returns the date. Another problem might be that your dates in column B are really text values that just look like dates - see what happe...

Mouse Move response based on combo box value
Hello, all. I have been asked to add a feature to an exiting form where a "note" will appear on mouse over only if a combo box of a continuous form is a particular value (i.e. Annual Safety Training). The main form is frmEmployees, the subform is subformClassesAttended. The combo box is Combo12, but it is displaying the text description (colmun 2) associated with a bound field of a number type, classID. I have a hidden label, lblInfo, with the info to be displayed but am not sure of the coding & whether I should be referencing the description in Combo12 or Class...

How do you Export the MS word 2007 Document map to a .csv file
I want to export the headings in a word document to a .csv file either through the document map or the body of the main document. Is there a way that this can be accomplished. If not is there a way to selct all hading s and copy them to a text file? Thank you. B. McFarlin Someone may come along with a macro to select all the headings at once, but you can certainly select all the headings in a given style at once. In the Find dialog, use Format | Style to select the desired style, leaving the "Find what" box empty. Then click "Find in" and choose &quo...

vlookup excel and access...
assuming i have this code, is possible to use this vlookup withnthe adta into mdb access?... old scenario: Private Sub TextBox25_Change() Dim CODICE As Integer Select Case Me.TextBox25 Case "" Me.TextBox4 = "" Case 1 To 8 CODICE = Val(Me.TextBox25) Me.TextBox4 = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup _ (CODICE, Worksheets("TABELLA").Range("Q2:R9"), 2, False) Case Else Call MULTI_LINE_BOX End Select End Sub new scenario: Inested column Q and R in excel i have created a mdb into: \\my server\myserverdir\USER.MDB and into this mdb have inserte a table U...

Word pastes links not images copied from web
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel When I want to copy an image from Safari into Word I right-click pick "Copy Image" (Not Copy Link) but when I paste in Word I only get the web link. I have to actually go up to Edit>Paste Special>Picture to get the image. I am using 12.2.3. There's nothing Word can do about that. It depends on the actual construction of the web page as well as the functionality of the browser. If you want to see what Safari is actually offering: Copy using the same method but then switch to F...

Vlookup within a vlookup
I am trying to lookup a cell within a table - but the table to use is found in another table. =VLOOKUP(B3,VLOOKUP(B2,F3:G9,2,2),2) Cell B2 is a dropdown box allowing one of the choices in colum f below. Column G represents which table to use for the initial lookup based on your choice in the drop down dox. column f column g Alt A 30 Yr fixed30 Alt A 15 Yr fixed15 All I get is an error - can someone help ? Thanks, Yosef It sounds like you would need to use INDIRECT within the lookup formula http://tinyurl.com/czxtt that thread shows the way to do it exce...

Options reset to values of most recently opened workbook
I've noticed a behavior in Excel 2000 SP-2 on Windows 2000 Professional SP-3 and I'm not sure if it is an error, by design, or correctable by some option or setting I'm missing When I open multiple workbooks I've found that the options settings under Tools/Options for the most recently opened workbook apply to ALL open workbooks. It might be best to explain by a couple of examples 1. I normally have the "Windows in Taskbar" option checked so I can view each of my open workbooks as a separate item in the taskbar. I have all of my workbooks set up this way. If I r...

Lost on Vlookup, match, etc....
Can someone walk me through this please? I a workbook that imports a years worth of data from filemaker to be analyzed and charted in excel. It contains several sheets, but I am concerned with worksheet 1 (daily data) and worksheet 2 (bodyweight). Daily data contains the raw data I pull in from Filemaker. It results in a table with a row for each day of the year. It has 12 columns, but in this instance, I am only interested in 2 of the colums Column F, (Date), and Column R (Bodyweight). There is only one entry per week for body weight. The bodyweight sheet has 3 columns (week #, date, and w...

Email
I use Word as my email format. How do I display the horizontal ruler on a new email message I'm trying to send? ...

VLOOKUP in VBA

need to find which numbers (3+) in a column sum to a value
need to find which numbers (3+) in column sum to a value I have a column of 100+ numbers. I know that the column should sum to x, but is summing to y instead. I need to find which numbers in the column sum to the difference of x and y. Then I can remove them from my column. Thanks. This is difficult, because you need to check all the combinations of those 100 numbers to find your difference. The number of combinations from a pool of 100 numbers is, frankly, staggering: 2 to the 100th power, or 1,267,650,600,228,230,000,000,000,000,000. Can you reduce this list? If you know the diff...

Outlook Express and Word Documents received
I am currently in serious need of reciving MicrosoftWord documents via my email and for some reason outlook express is deleting all the attachments as they come in before I can look at them, how do I adjust the settings??? b Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies...

How do I highlight a word or sentence within Excel?
Is there a way to highlight certain words or sentences within Excel. I don't want to hightlight the entire cell 9I know how to do that, I just want to hightlight certain text. Thank you. You can select the words (or characters) in the formula bar, then use Format|cells to change some formatting. This won't work if the cell contains a formula or contains real numbers. It has to be text. cands wrote: > > Is there a way to highlight certain words or sentences within Excel. I don't > want to hightlight the entire cell 9I know how to do that, I just want to > hightli...

VLOOKUP problem
I down a list of top 100 stock symbols to Excel and place them in Column A and their rank in Column B (1-100). the next week I download a new list of the top 100 stock symbols and their rank to Column C and D respectively. then I create column E using the function =VLOOKUP(C4,A:B,2,FALSE) Which tels me the rank each stock had last week and if a stock is new this week it puts "#N/A" in the appropriate cell in column E. How do I get the Vlookup function to put "NEW" in column E if the is new to the list and wasn't in the list last week? Ed =if(isn...

duplicate archive folder
inOutlook 2003, I have duplicate archive folders in my folder list. Both have the same content and I can not "close" either one of them - iget a message that says " the operation failed. An object could not be found." It has something to do with my moving the .spt files around, but I can not come up with a solution - any ideas out there? Bob Hi Bob, have a look on this site: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=278167 this workaround for Outlook 2002 works also for OL2003. -- Oliver Vukovics Public OutLook: Share your Outlook PST without Exchange Public SyncTool: Outl...

Scatter Chart with non-numeric values on X axis
Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to create a scatter chart (graph) wit words for the x axis. I'm trying to setup a graph showing availabilit of servers, so for the Y axis I want to show a percentage (betwee 1-100%), and for the X axis, I want to show the name of the servic (mail, news, etc). However, it seems that with a scatter chart I ca only do numeric values on both axis. Is there any way around this? Thx -- penas ----------------------------------------------------------------------- penasm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1583 View...

how to copy word document to excel
When I copy a Word document to a new Excel sheet, it adds rows between each line of the Word doc. Any ideas how to make this stop? Thanks! What are you pasting, exactly? Obviously, tabular data or actual tables would be suitable for Excel, while text paragraphs are more difficult to deal with. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "LM" <LM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45AAC4E4-29F1-40E2-BE30-C572B57E29A0@microsoft.com... > When I copy a Word document to a new Excel sheet, it adds rows between > each > line of the Word ...

Word trouble
Typed word document in Word 2007 and opened it up in Word 2000 but it didn't open correctly. How can i open this doc in Word 2000 without downloading Word 2007 on computer? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Have you installed the Compatibility Pack? See http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=941b3470-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466&displaylang=en -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Christina" <Christina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC7BB516-AE6...

VLOOKUP #40
Would like to post data from one worksheet to another. Could you provide a few more details about what exactly you want to do. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "dr" <drivera@opvista.com> wrote in message news:1f1001c52c08$ad4c33a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Would like to post data from one worksheet to another. ...

combobox and vlookups?
I am trying to add a combobox that when you select from the dropdown menu, the columns nextdoor automatically pull up corresponding data that is related to the selection from the dropdown list. Does this make sense? What do I do to set this whole thing up? (I don't know code). Thanks. -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com You shouldn't need code for anything you described here. Set up the combobox with the list fill range, if any. Set the linked cell to the desired cell. Then, use the VLOOKUP command in another cell to look for the linked cell from the combo box to lo...

Business Cards in Word
I am trying to design and print my own business cards using Word in Office X, does somebody have a template or suggestion? Hi Martin, I'm using Word 2001 at the moment, but I am pretty sure this is the same in Word X. From the Tools menu choose Labels. Choose the Avery 5160 standard mailing label then click OK. This label works well with perforated business card paper stock you can buy from office supply stores and other places. You can design one label the way you like then use the Table menu commands to select the cell and copy it to the other cells in on the page. I find it easier ...

Read value in txt file
Hello to everybody I would like to read a value in a txt file. For example, the value will following the egual sign. So I want to look for language and get "fr" as value. language = fr country = france Thank you by advance and have a nice day. <bcastaing@gmail.com> said this in news item news:389dabc3-ca3b-440b-b55a-a93ca9221025@w16g2000yqw.googlegroups.com... > Hello to everybody > > I would like to read a value in a txt file. For example, the value > will following the egual sign. So I want to look for language and get > "fr"...

Help pasting Word table into Excel, please?
(Using Word and Excel XP) I have a table in Word with no merged cells. The text in some cells, however, contain line or paragraph breaks. When copied and pasted into Excel, these cells are always formatted as merged, with a new cell at each line or paragraph break. Is there any way around this, so a cell will copy as a single cell with the breaks in the text? Ed I don't see how merged cells comes into play.... But saved from a previous post: If your cells in your word table contain paragraph mark or linebreak characters, then excel will bring them over as separate cells. On...

Word 1.0 Files
Is there any way at this point to open Word 1.0 (Mac) files? The later versions of Word don't seem to be able to interpret the file format. What happens if you open the file as "Text Only"? Or if you open it with "Recover Text from Any File"? On 3/3/07 7:34 AM, in article 1172867673.005833.172530@h3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com, "redrooffs@gmail.com" <redrooffs@gmail.com> wrote: > Is there any way at this point to open Word 1.0 (Mac) files? The later > versions of Word don't seem to be able to interpret the file format. > -- Please rep...

VLOOKUP
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0001_01CAC8EE.B1306170 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, I use the VLOOKUP function to pull basic data from external data sheets, currently an example of my command looks like this: =VLOOKUP($A5,'[RT NP 67 MF.xls]ODD'!$A$1:$S$250,$L$1,FALSE) The "$AA%" is the data I am looking up and the "$L$1" is a variable to the column I am wishing to insert. The question I am trying to get an answer for concerns...