Vlookup #8

I have the following worksheets:

IAN
OneTravel

I have the following headers:

IAN:
PropertyID PropertyName Address1 City State Country ZipCode ONEIAN

OneTravel:
PropertyID PropertyName Address1 City State Country ZipCode ONECON

These are from columns A:H. I am trying to do a lookup in IAN (colum
I) that use the ONEIAN column and lookup to find a match in the ONECO
column in the OneTravel worksheet and send back the PropertyID colum
value from the OneTravel worksheet.

I tried this:

=VLOOKUP(I20864,OneTravel!A1:H31814,1,0)

It didn't work.  Help

It seems you are not using the VLOOKUP function correctly. Perhaps you
should do a little more research. The VLOOKUP function looks only to the
right; if the value you want returned is to the left, it will not work. In
your case, if the I20864 refers to the Property ID (what you want XL to
LOOKUP, in Column A, it will not be returned. You may find the appropriate
value by referring the the columns to the RIGHT of that column

If you wanted to find the Zip Code of the property identified by  I20864
use:
=VLOOKUP( "I20864",A1:H31814,7,FALSE)
because it appears the Zip Codes are in the 7th column.

--
Greeting from the Gulf Coast!
http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays
"robertuva" <robertuva.xu53y@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> I have the following worksheets:
>
> IAN
> OneTravel
>
> I have the following headers:
>
> IAN:
> PropertyID PropertyName Address1 City State Country ZipCode ONEIAN
>
> OneTravel:
> PropertyID PropertyName Address1 City State Country ZipCode ONECON
>
> These are from columns A:H. I am trying to do a lookup in IAN (column
> I) that use the ONEIAN column and lookup to find a match in the ONECON
> column in the OneTravel worksheet and send back the PropertyID column
> value from the OneTravel worksheet.
>
> I tried this:
>
> =VLOOKUP(I20864,OneTravel!A1:H31814,1,0)
>
> It didn't work.  Help!

> ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to
creating financial statements

0
twodays (259)

Dilma Roussef =?UTF-8?B?bsOjbyBhY3I=?= =?UTF-8?B?ZWRpdGE=?= =?UTF-8?B?IGVtIERFVQ==?= =?UTF-8?B?UyAxMTQ=?= =?UTF-8?B?MTI=?=
Se voce acredita em tudo que a candidata fala por ai , veja o video que comprova que ela nao acredita em DEUS, cuidado ao jogar o seu voto no lixo! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24fqyh-kvvk Dilma Roussef n�o acredita em DEUS Dilma Roussef n�o acredita em DEUS Dilma Roussef n�o acredita em DEUS Dilma Roussef n�o acredita em DEUS Dilma Roussef n�o acredita em DEUS Dilma Roussef n�o acredita em DEUS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24fqyh-kvvk s<UgB%A=Fp>N*%JtC@%Vd*JwN ...

printing business cards #8
I am printing business cards using Publisher 2000. I have no problem setting them up 10 to a page with Avery perforated card stock. The problem is that the design placement on the cards does not print correctly. The top cards on the sheet are perfect but as it gets to the bottom of the page, the design is too high. This is especailly bad whent the design includes a border that ends up not being centered on the card. I have adjusted everything there is to adjust on my printer and am wondering if it is a Publisher software issue or a printer issue. (HP says it is not a problem with the printe...

using a date in vlookup
i want to perform a vlookup using the Now() function to generate the lookup value (A1), the 1st column in the table [col B] array will be all the dates in a year listed consequtive,, and the 2nd column being a value assigned to each day in the 1st column [B]. My formula is vlookup(A1,B1:C367,2). The result I get is "#N/A. What am i doing wrong? Thanks Tonso NOW() returns both the date and the time, so you would be better off using TODAY(), which only returns the date. Another problem might be that your dates in column B are really text values that just look like dates - see what happe...

recipient policy #8
Exchange 2003 sp2 - one org - two administrative groups. we have a recipient policy created with xxx.com set as the primary. No problems with any mail being sent. On the first admin group another site/server was added - now this server resides in canada and the admin there wants to keep everything seperate from my US site but he resides in my administrative group. He set a recipient policy that contained the xxx.com but set his ABC.com as the primary. I argued with him that he did not need the xxx.com since it was already there, but he did it anyway because he figured he will be s...

to create nametags, I want 8 names per sheet, not 1 name 8 times
After using an excell database as the source and mail merging, I am getting a sheet of 8 nametags with the smae person's name instead of 8 different names per sheet. How do I fix this? Are you looking at print preview? There is a bug in Publisher that when you view print preview the same information is on all labels. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "fred" <fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22F2F053-3985-4D41-8F0B-E1E20119DF92@microsoft.com... > After using an excell datab...

pcnetsecurity@gmail.com =?UTF-8?B?QXNzaXN0w6puY2lhIFTDqWM=?= =?UTF-8?B?bmljYSAgbWFudXRlbsOnw6M=?= =?UTF-8?B?byBkZSBjb21wdXRhZG9y?= =?UTF-8?B?ZXMgaW5mb3JtYXRpY2Eg?= =?UTF-8?B?Vml0w7NyaWEtZXMgMjM1NjY=?=
Contato: pcnetsecurity@gmail.com Contato: pcnetsecurity @ gmail.com Planos a partir de R$ 250,00 . Assist�ncia T�cnica Prestamos assist�ncia t�cnica nos computadores de sua empresa ou resid�ncia, e tamb�m possu�mos uma equipe qualificada para fazer a manuten��o no pr�prio local. - Contratos de Suporte e Manuten��o Reduza os custos de sua empresa com solicita��es de visitas t�cnicas para seus computadores, elaboramos um contrato de manuten��o integrado para sua empresa onde disponibilizamos: t�cnicos, equipamentos de suporte e substitui��o, e atendimento no hor�rio comercial ou ...

vlookup excel and access...
assuming i have this code, is possible to use this vlookup withnthe adta into mdb access?... old scenario: Private Sub TextBox25_Change() Dim CODICE As Integer Select Case Me.TextBox25 Case "" Me.TextBox4 = "" Case 1 To 8 CODICE = Val(Me.TextBox25) Me.TextBox4 = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup _ (CODICE, Worksheets("TABELLA").Range("Q2:R9"), 2, False) Case Else Call MULTI_LINE_BOX End Select End Sub new scenario: Inested column Q and R in excel i have created a mdb into: \\my server\myserverdir\USER.MDB and into this mdb have inserte a table U...

Recurring bills in GP 8.0
I need someone to advise me on how to enter and post recurring bills as in utilities. I do not want to have to enter a bill each month and then go back and do a manual payment is there an easier way? Thank you, Shelly ...

Vlookup within a vlookup
I am trying to lookup a cell within a table - but the table to use is found in another table. =VLOOKUP(B3,VLOOKUP(B2,F3:G9,2,2),2) Cell B2 is a dropdown box allowing one of the choices in colum f below. Column G represents which table to use for the initial lookup based on your choice in the drop down dox. column f column g Alt A 30 Yr fixed30 Alt A 15 Yr fixed15 All I get is an error - can someone help ? Thanks, Yosef It sounds like you would need to use INDIRECT within the lookup formula http://tinyurl.com/czxtt that thread shows the way to do it exce...

Business Portal 2.5 GP 8.5 and IIS config details
I am currently trying to install Business portal 2.5 on my SBS 2003 that has WSS installed. My Dynamics GP 8.5 is located on another SBS 2003 with SQL 2000. The WSS install uses a server farm with SQL 2005. The install guide for Business Portal syas that I need IIS installed. It does not say what parts of IIS. It only says that I need to check IIS in Add/Remove windows components. I currentlly have only a few of the items checked in the details of IIS, from when I installed WSS initially. I find it hard to believe that I need to check all components of IIS. Are there particular items t...

Lost on Vlookup, match, etc....
Can someone walk me through this please? I a workbook that imports a years worth of data from filemaker to be analyzed and charted in excel. It contains several sheets, but I am concerned with worksheet 1 (daily data) and worksheet 2 (bodyweight). Daily data contains the raw data I pull in from Filemaker. It results in a table with a row for each day of the year. It has 12 columns, but in this instance, I am only interested in 2 of the colums Column F, (Date), and Column R (Bodyweight). There is only one entry per week for body weight. The bodyweight sheet has 3 columns (week #, date, and w...

=?Utf-8?Q?T=C3=89L=C3=89CHARGEMENT_GRATUIT_ANTIVIRUS?= =?Utf-8?Q?_5768?=
Nombreux problèmes de performance et la sécurité de votre ordinateur sont causées par des virus malveillants, le meilleur moyen de lutter contre cela est d'avoir reconnu Antivirus installé et mis à jour sur votre ordinateur Antivirus télécharger gratuitement à l'adresse: http://antivirusfr.blogspot.com/ Des liens de site de contenu web: http://antivirusfr.blogspot.com/ http://antivirusfr.blogspot.com/2010/02/quest-ce-quun-antivirus.html http://antivirusfr.blogspot.com/2010/02/antivirus-gratuit-en-telechargement.html http://antivi...

VLOOKUP in VBA

VLOOKUP problem
I down a list of top 100 stock symbols to Excel and place them in Column A and their rank in Column B (1-100). the next week I download a new list of the top 100 stock symbols and their rank to Column C and D respectively. then I create column E using the function =VLOOKUP(C4,A:B,2,FALSE) Which tels me the rank each stock had last week and if a stock is new this week it puts "#N/A" in the appropriate cell in column E. How do I get the Vlookup function to put "NEW" in column E if the is new to the list and wasn't in the list last week? Ed =if(isn...

VLOOKUP #40
Would like to post data from one worksheet to another. Could you provide a few more details about what exactly you want to do. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "dr" <drivera@opvista.com> wrote in message news:1f1001c52c08$ad4c33a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Would like to post data from one worksheet to another. ...

VLOOKUP
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0001_01CAC8EE.B1306170 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, I use the VLOOKUP function to pull basic data from external data sheets, currently an example of my command looks like this: =VLOOKUP($A5,'[RT NP 67 MF.xls]ODD'!$A$1:$S$250,$L$1,FALSE) The "$AA%" is the data I am looking up and the "$L$1" is a variable to the column I am wishing to insert. The question I am trying to get an answer for concerns...

autocomplete #8
Hi, If I address a mail message to paul.williams can I get Outlook to append the ISP name @internode.com so that the mail is sent to paul.williams@internode.com? Many thanks, Fred Enter it fully once and after that auto-complete should kick in and do the rest for later uses. Also, do you have a contact for Paul with that address to help with auto-resolution, if needed? "Fred Pamula" <Fred.Pamula@internode.on.net> wrote in message news:uJdIkfwVGHA.424@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > If I address a mail message to paul.williams can I get Outlook to append &...

combobox and vlookups?
I am trying to add a combobox that when you select from the dropdown menu, the columns nextdoor automatically pull up corresponding data that is related to the selection from the dropdown list. Does this make sense? What do I do to set this whole thing up? (I don't know code). Thanks. -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com You shouldn't need code for anything you described here. Set up the combobox with the list fill range, if any. Set the linked cell to the desired cell. Then, use the VLOOKUP command in another cell to look for the linked cell from the combo box to lo...

incorporate paste value in vlookup
is there a way to incorporate "paste value" in a vlookup formula ? I have the vlookups in the column working and feeding off of the multiple worksheets. the data will be updated weekly (and new columns with the updated data added) and i would rather just copy new data on top of the old in the worksheets instean of having to add new worksheets with new data... as to keep the previous column from changing. -- problem ...

vlookup inside an if statement?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi everybody! I have to do a vertical lookup of an object that might or might not exist, in case it doesnt exist normally it gives back Ref! but the thing is that if this objet doesnt appear on the data base is because is zero. This Ref! is not allowing me to make a sum since this objet is part of it. Maybe with an example would be easier to explain. i have to pull from a database the number of cars sold of three brands A,B, C, In the database unless is one car of the type it will not appear. lets say we hav...

Upgrade from 7.5 to 8.0 #2
I am upgrading from Great Plains 7.5 to 8.0. I received the following: Ugrade fail. HR_Inquiry HR_Tests Payroll Benefit Master UPR00600 Payroll Benefit Setup UPR40800 Payroll Master - Archvie UPR_MSTR Payroll Work Benefit UPR10205 How can I fixed these errors and continue my upgrade -- tk ...

Nested vlookup
My formula is: =((VLOOKUP($W$5181,Download!$A$1:$X$3403,3,FALSE))+(VLOOKUP($W$5182,Download!$A$1:$X$3403,3,FALSE)))*0.001 The formula looks up the value in "$W..."and returns the amount of orders. I alwayshave values for the first part of the lookup, but niot the second. THe issue is that if there nothing to report back for the second lookup, it gives me an "#NA" errror instead of at least returning the value for the first lookup. Any help? Thanks, TJ Wrap both Lookups in their own ISNA() wrapper to trap for that error:- =(IF(ISNA(VLookup1),0,VLookup1)+IF(ISNA(VL...

Vlookup?
I am trying to sum the cells in column "AY" for each row that has a positive value in column "S" I am very confused and this is what I have so far. Can you help me please? =SUM(VLOOKUP($S$3:$S$502>0,$S3:$AY502,33,FALSE)) Try =SUMIF(S3:S502,">0",AY3:AY502) Hope this helps, Hutch "Doug" wrote: > I am trying to sum the cells in column "AY" for each row that has a positive > value in column "S" > I am very confused and this is what I have so far. Can you help me please? > > =SUM(VLOOKUP($S...

Links #8
Help required ... please see email below. Trying to remove menu command created by mistake! Thanks Steve >-----Original Message----- >Thanks for your help, problem sorted. Having run the .xla >file twice I now have 'Find Links' twice on my menus, any >ideas on how to delete one of them? > >Thanks for your help > >Steve > > > >>-----Original Message----- >>Hi >>try the following add-in to find/delete these links: >>http://www.bmsltd.ie/DLCount/DLCount.asp? file=FindLink.zip >> >>>-----Original Message----- &g...

Why #NA when using VLOOKUP?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C7C7AD.F7E2E420 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm trying to use VLOOKUP to find lowest value in a small group. The = exact sample is below: A B 1 3.0001 A=20 2 2.9442 B=20 3 2.9610 C=20 4 2.9055 D=20 5 2.9630 E=20 The formula I'm using is =3DVLOOKUP(MIN(A1:A5),A1:B5,1) . I'm trying to = get it to return the lowest cost, from column A. If I take out Row 4, = it wo...