Visual Basic Runtime Error when closing Excel

Sometimes (not always) when I exit Excel after a long
workday I get a Visual Basic Run-time error 5 "invalid
procedure call or argument". Can I get rid of this error
by uninstalling/reinstalling Excel or is there something
serious going on? I am using Excel from an Office 2000
package and I seem to not have any other troubles. We work
on a Win 2000 Small business server environment. Any help
here would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You
0
alan279 (1)

Sounds like a normal Excel glitch of the sort we all know and love.
Poor Excel does seem to get tired after a time and plays up a bit to
relieve the boredom. If I try to assign a macro to a button after a
few hours of use Excel gives up on me every time.  All we need to do
is to close Excel down occasionally. It obviously appreciates the
rest.

I think we ought to have a "Be Kind To Excel" day - we do tend to take
for granted how much work it does.

Regards
BrianB
=====================================

"Alan" <alan279@internet.look.ca> wrote in message news:<02b801c3651d$da3ca3d0$a401280a@phx.gbl>...
> Sometimes (not always) when I exit Excel after a long
> workday I get a Visual Basic Run-time error 5 "invalid
> procedure call or argument". Can I get rid of this error
> by uninstalling/reinstalling Excel or is there something
> serious going on? I am using Excel from an Office 2000
> package and I seem to not have any other troubles. We work
> on a Win 2000 Small business server environment. Any help
> here would be greatly appreciated.
> Thank You
0
Brian.anon (77)

Using Visual C++ 6.0 MFC Application
01/19/2004 Using a single document or a dialog application, I am able to use my own variables that are declared in the same source file, however, if I try to declare a global variable in a header file or a source file included before the code I am using, I get the error "Undeclared Identifier". Example in Old C: "First.h" int i; "Main.cpp" #include "First.h" main() { i=5; printf("%d",i); } When I declare a variable in a header file, in Class View - Globals, my variable does show up, b...

Regular expressions in Excel
Hello all, I would like to know if it is possible to handle regular expressions in Excel, in VB or in formulas. I would like to do things such as "if cells(x,y)=<regexp> then ..." Is that possible ? Thanks in advance. You can use Regular Expressions if you use VBScript.RegExp, creating a function that you can use. Here is an example that validates email addresses. '----------------------------------------------------------------- Public Function ValidEmail(Adress As String) As Boolean '----------------------------------------------------------------- Dim oRegEx...

No Current Record error
I have a form with a subform on it. When I open the form with the acFormAdd option (to add a new record) I get the error "No Current Record" on the following: Me.RecordsetClone.MoveLast which is in the load event of a subform on the form. The statements Me.RecordsetClone.MoveLast Me.RecordsetClone.MoveFirst are in my subform so the "Item n of n Items" label box will show the correct number of items. How can I avoid this error message? Robert When you open a form in add mode, it does not load any records. Consequently, the instruction to move to the ...

reopen closed sales order
Is there a way to reopen a closed sales order? If not is there a way to prevent the automatic closure of a sales order after the ordered quantities are fulfilled. We are manufacturing org and we normally produce and ship more than the ordered quantity if you're referring to orders that were already in history then the answer is no. your organization would fall in the MTS/MTO model which GP Manufacturing is more geared towards discrete MTO environments. -- http://ddelprado.blogspot.com "Bash" wrote: > Is there a way to reopen a closed sales order? If not is there a wa...

Question about excel 2007
Hi, I just switched to excel 2007. On my old excel 2003 toolbar I had a box that showed the location of the file I was working on. It was really helpful if I wanted to send someone the link to my work, I could just copy and paste it from there. I can't find that in the toolbar options of excel 2007. Do you know what it's called? Does it even exist? Thanks. Lisa Add to the QAT(quick access toolbar) the "Document Location" button. (Find it in Commands not in the Ribbon) lj wrote: > Hi, I just switched to excel 2007. On my old excel 2003 toolbar I had > a box t...

how do I insert a watermark onto an Excel spreadsheet?
I am able to insert a watermark onto a Word Document, but cant seem to do the same for Excel. Is there a way? Hi Anna, Watermark, printing of, Robert Rosenberg. Also Ron de Bruin has a zip file. http://google.com/groups?selm=%23Af%244ZZeAHA.1692%40tkmsftngp02 http://www.rondebruin.nl/files/Watermark.zip If you don't care about printing do a search on Watermark in your Excel HELP. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/exce...

Get an error when opening Public Folders
When trying to open public folders in Exchange System manager. the token supplied to the function is invalid. id no. 80090308. Do I need a MAPI client on the server like Outlook? I always thought it was a big no no to put Outlook on the same box as Exchange is installed. Thanks On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 16:35:02 -0800, "John McCoy" <JohnMcCoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When trying to open public folders in Exchange System manager. the token >supplied to the function is invalid. id no. 80090308. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=324345 > >Do I need a MAPI cl...

Erasing Outlook Calendar from within Excel
I have several schedules in different Excel files that I need to export I need to run the exporter from each file everyday to keep my Calenda up to date. How can I have the macro in each Excel file erase all item from the Outlook Calendar with a given address before it exports m dates? In other words: I run the Macro; it scans the outlook calenda and erases all entries in my Outlook Calendar with an address of "12 Anywhere St"; then it scans my list of dates and copies them from Exce to my Outlook Calendar. I already have the part written that scans m list of dates and copies them t...

How to copy mails to Excel
Hi, I will be sending queires through outlook and i will get the replies for the queries from the same day /week / month. I want to automate these query mails and their respective replies in Ms-Excel. To be precise Mails send and receipts in Outlook with its contents has to be updated in Ms-Excel Hi Saravanan, Cut and paste this code to excel module and run see if this helps. Sub EMailActiveWorksheet() Dim OL As Object ' Outlook instantiation Dim EmailItem As Object ' A new mail item (e-mail) Dim FileName As String ' The name of the file we are attaching ...

Excel VBA
I can't seem to find the 'Draw" menu in Excel VBA... Am I correct in assuming that there is none? And that the Frame is the only way to group stuff on a Form?? thanks The frame is typical, but you can group some controls by using the GroupName. If you want lines on the userform, I think lots of people use a label that's really skinny--or use a picture of a line and then use that picture. tmb wrote: > > I can't seem to find the 'Draw" menu in Excel VBA... > > Am I correct in assuming that there is none? > > And that the Frame is the onl...

Error Message ???
Where can I check for an explanation of a particular error message ? example... Error 10055 : No buffer space is available.... Is there a help file for this where I can search the error number and it will tell me the solution or cause of this error ? thanks Greg, Depends on the error message and when and where it happens. I use Google, Microsoft.com, CustomerSource Knowledgebase for starters. This particular error seems to be a Windows TCP/IP Sockets error, too many connections to a machine. I've seen this when you attempt to connect more than 5 machines to XP Home or 10 mach...

Help setting up Excel on a "new" computer?
They gave me a new computer at work, so now I have to set up Excel like I had it on my old machine. I have my .xlb file and a .xla add-in, but I can't seem to make them work here. It's Win2000 and XL2000 on both machines. Also, whenever I launched Excle before, my Personal (with all my macros) would start up also - it doesn't now. Any help would be appreciated. Ed Hi Ed In the menu Tools > Options, General tab, there's a path for Startup folder. Make it point to where you have your personal file and addins (or move your files to the spesified folder). HTH. Best wis...

Offline synchronization error
We just upgraded to 2.0. We upgraded our OFFLINE database to 2.0 also. After I run a Z report on the networked computers, the following happens: The synchronoization window is open and shows folders floating from the left to the right and the window says: "Synchronizing table: Alias", it stays on this for a couple of minutes and the following error message pops up: Run-time error '-2147217900 (80040e14)': OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server "(null)" returned message "Login timeout expired I've seen others have had this problem, an...

error when trying to restore Money 01 backup after hard drive crash
I recently had to replace my hard drive. I installed Money (04 Deluxe) and tried to restore my Money back up that was on an external hard drive. I got this error: "Please insert next backup disk. (The disk containing file "".)" Probably the most useless error message ever since a) i'm pretty sure this is the entire backup and b) it doesn't tell me what file it's talking about. I realized that my previous Money file might have been from Money 2001 Standard so I uninstalled Money 04, installed Money 01, and tried to restore the file again. Same error message. ...

Excel PrintPreview shows fonts in different colour
Hi, I have a peculiar problem. when i open an excel report in MS Ecel 2003 and print preview the sheets. The fonts appear in different colours. That is, the colour of fonts in my reports are black. But when i print preview the reports sheets, the font appears in blue or green or red . If i am using a black and white printer, Then print preview shows the font colour as white or light grey. Can any body help me to resolve this issue. ...

Outlook synchronization error #2
Good evening, we are using Outlook 2003 and MS exchange 2003 with all the patches and updates. We are having this reoccurring problem with a number of users. So far we have tried the following: rebuilt the profiles, the database as well as the OST with no luck. The message mentioned under "Synchronizing local changes in folder 'Conflicts' appears actually in the inbox! The link provided with the error takes you to the Microsoft support site and there is no solution there. We will be very grateful if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this. Here is the error: 20:14:15 ...

Excel Automation, Cell Border Lines
I am trying to figure out how to put border lines around each cell in my excel data. I am using automation from access but the code I am using is only putting a border around everything instead of putting the border around each cell. Below is the code I have been trying to get to work. ********************************************* Dim x, y As Long x = 4 'initial row# y = 1 'initial column# ExSheet.Range(ExSheet.cells(x, y), ExSheet.cells(x + 2, y + 2)).Borders(7).Weight = 2 ExSheet.Ran...

Exchange errors in event viewer
We had a failure of the array that exchange was using. It was recovered (incompletely?) and now we get and error in the event viewer: Event ID: 8331 Description: The service threw and unexpected exception which was caught at f:\titanium\dsa\src\ira\abv_dg\lservagent.cpp(4511) It seems exchange is looking for something at this location which doesn't exist. I am considering just creating the location but need good info on whether the server will blow up or not since it is a live server Apply the latest Service Pack may resolve the issue or as a work around try restarting the Microsoft Ex...

basic example with sockets
Does someone know where I can find a very simple example of internet programming using sockets, where you create a server and a client, connect to the server with the client and then exchange a few messages and then close down? http://tangentsoft.net/wskfaq/ Sreeram Joachim wrote: > Does someone know where I can find a very simple example > of internet programming using sockets, where you create a > server and a client, connect to the server with the client > and then exchange a few messages and then close down? ...

help with excel #2
How do i change the layout of a sheet. You can change some settings by choosing File>Page Setup. For specific help, you could describe how you'd like to change the layout. lhws wrote: > How do i change the layout of a sheet. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html That's a pretty generic question. More details would seem to be in order. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 14:57:02 -0700, "lhws" <lhws@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do i change the layout of a sheet. you might start ...

Excel Viewer Won't Read xls file!
Was emailed an xls file so downloaded Excel Viewer, but even though the Excel Graphic has appeared on the file, when I try to open it Excel Viewer 2003 says it can't open files of this type. Running XP SP2 on a Dimension 8250.. Ideas would be appreciated One can name and rename a file just anything, the .xls extension is no guarantee that the file has anything to do with excel. Does the viewer open files that you know for sure are excel files ? HTH. Best wishes Harald "Graham Jones" <GrahamJones@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:655D550D-2961-41AC-96A...

Compress Excel file after export
I have a database where the user clicks a button and it exports the 8 tables to an excel file. I've noticed that after the file is exported, the excel file is bloated, but if i open the excel file and resave it, the file size reduce by about half. Is there some VB code I could use to programmatically compress the excel file after export? Another solution would be for me to export the tables to a csv file, but after the export, I want the users to email the file to me and I don't want them to have to attach 8 csv files to an email. But if there was a way to zip the 8 files together ...

docvariables 'errors'
if docvariable is blank, can that docvariable be condition on before exe the merging of that database field ? using database to merge docvariables Dr. Russell Dow 1000 SW Vista #1219 Error! No document variable supplied. Portland, OR 97205 On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 05:35:01 -0800, Vanguard <Vanguard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >if docvariable is blank, can that docvariable be condition on before exe the >merging of that database field ? > >using database to merge docvariables > >Dr. Russell Dow >1000 SW Vista #1219 >Error! No doc...

clipboard in Excel collects but will only paste most recent item
I have checked option settings and cannot discover why all items cannot be pasted. Gregory The default clipboard is Windows Clipboard and will accept one item only. For multiples go to Edit>Office Clipboard to bring that up. Collect the items then "Paste All". Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 17 May 2005 10:11:32 -0700, "Gregory1558" <Gregory1558@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have checked option settings and cannot discover why all items cannot be >pasted. ...

Distribute Campaign Error
Hi there, I have received an error 80048306 - Not enough privilege to access the Microsoft CRM object or perform the requested operation, when I try to distribute campaign activities (same thing with quick campaign). I have enough security permitions - security role (I tried as administrator, marketing person etc.). Anybody has a clue. Vladimir ...