Virus - help

When I open a spreadsheet and do a fill down I get all types of strange
things that happen.  Sometimes it will stick in a formula, sometimes it
just moves the cursor down a few cells, sometimes, as you do the fill
down it asks if you want to copy to destination cells.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

--
jerry44
jerry44's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30208

Can you be a bit more specific? What command exactly did you commit and how
(menu, button, keyboard shortcut, etc)? Which cell(s) was selected? What was
in the cell(s)?
What exactly was excel's reaction?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"jerry44" <jerry44.218jdm_1136588101.0658@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:jerry44.218jdm_1136588101.0658@excelforum-nospam.com...

> When I open a spreadsheet and do a fill down I get all types of strange
> things that happen.  Sometimes it will stick in a formula, sometimes it
> just moves the cursor down a few cells, sometimes, as you do the fill
> down it asks if you want to copy to destination cells.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks.
>

> --
> jerry44
> jerry44's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30208
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=498889

0
nicolaus (2022)
1/6/2006 11:31:39 PM
Perhaps Speech Recognition is turned on. It does some strange things.

To turn it off --
Choose Tools>Speech>Speech Recognition
(if it had a check mark, it was turned on)

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
1/7/2006 12:07:21 AM
What command did you commit?

This happens without touching the keyboard, just using the mouse.

When you select a cell a small darkened square appears at the botto
right corner of the cell.  When you drag the mouse over is the curso
changes to a +.  When I click (with the left mouse button) and hol
down the mouse button and drag it downward, when it is working properl
it highlights the cells as far down as you drag it.  What is happenin
here is that it will lose the original cell as the anchor and make
cell 4 or 5 cells down the anchor cell and as dialog pops up "do yo
want to copy to the destination cells"  About every other time I try i
it works properly.

Which cell(s) was selected?

	D13

What was in the cell?

	a formula that adds 2 cells

	=D12+B13  the result is 45,380.82

The text to speach toolbar is grayed out.

Thanks,

Jerr

--
jerry4
jerry44's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3020
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49888

Viruses
I heard that Outlook is not really as risky as one would think about getting a virus attack and that Outlook Express is what is usally attacked. Is there any truth to that? Can anyone share any experiences they have had with virus attacks and Outlook? Please tell us your version number too. Thanks These two articles will give you a clue as to which versions of Outlook are most at-risk. Short version: if you use a current version and have all updates installed, you are quite safe from everything except your own stupidity. http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2005/up050120.htm#preview http...

Virus e-mails
I posted a Question Oct 4 at 11:45 PM "Balanced or Mixed Asset Funds" Sence then my e-mail address has received hundreds of virus carrying e-mails every day some purported to be from Microsoft or Postmaster, etc. My virus S/W deleted them and I don't run .exe e-mail attachments. My e-mail is overloaded and useless. Only the e-mail given to this newsgroup is effected. Why are our e-mail addresses included in the post? To whom should I report this? It is not just this newsgroup. The spammers have software that scans all the newsgroups and pull out anything that look...

AVG Virus software
Hi, I use the free version of AVG. When I looked at my VIRUS VAULT I saw about 10 entries, some described as virus, but I am not sure what to do to get rid of these things. Do I select EMPTY VAULT or else select each item and click on DELETE ? Thanks, Peter Since it's not part of Windows XP, you would ask here: http://forums.avg.com/us-en/avg-free-forum "Peter Buttuls" <ye025@victoria.tc.ca> wrote in message news:%23dhtl4%23hKHA.4912@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... : Hi, : I use the free version of AVG. When I looked at my VIRUS VAULT I saw about : 10 entr...

Virus like behaviour but no virus
G'day Hope I can get some help with this one 1)Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 2) I have scanned the server for viruses using two reputable brands and no virus has been detected. I have an Exchange compatible virus scanner; no viruses. 3) The SMTP service is running; The Exchange Virtual SMTP server is stopped. 4) As soon as the virtual SMTP server is started my link is flooded with outbound traffic. If I then pause the virtual server the flooding continues. If I stop the virtual SMTP server the flooding stops. 5) I cannot see anything in the queues. Getting desperate so any suggesti...

I think i have a virus
I have a problem with exchange. each time I start it up the internet connection comes to a stand still. I looked into the queues and found a huge list of domains with messages. I noticed that is I stop the virtual SMTP server the internet comes back to life, I ended up delete all the queues and uninstalling reinstalling SMTP. But still I have the problem? any answers? It might be that one of your accounts is compromised. Disable SMTP relay for authenticated users and change passwords on all accounts. AlanM wrote: > I have a problem with exchange. > > each time I start it up t...

email virus alerts
I am getting tons of Email virus alerts with the address coming from MS Corporation Public Assistance, MS Corporate Security Internet Department. What does this mean. Is there anyway I can set this up so that it automatically deletes it from my inbox? See www.microsoft.com/security and you'll learn that this junk is not from Microsoft. Spam detector software can usually detect and handle this stuff. Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms margie wrote: > I am getting tons of Email virus alerts with the address > coming from MS Corporation Public Assistance, MS ...

Virus
We use outlook express I think my wife has a virusin her E-mail Identity. Ive updated Norton and it does not detect any virus but every time she opens her E-mail some thing keepes trying to send E-mails to address we never heard of. Norton stops them from going. It's only my wife Identity. Does anyone have a suggestion how to fix it Thanks Gary Gary, I would try also runing a spyware program like Ad-aware to clean out any unwanted programs that you didn't even know where there. Also, make sure you have the latest virus definitions from symantec for your norton. Good luck! Brett &...

Startup Msg "Requesting Virus Scan"
Can anyone tell me why I've all of a sudden started getting the message "Requesting Virus Scan" at the bottom of the Excel and Word application window on startup and the applications take a long time to start up (minutes) instead of seconds just a few days ago. I've racked my brain trying to figure out what has changed on my system from a few days ago to now and have been unable to find any help from the MS website or online help. Why does application startup take so long now and how can I fix it? You have change the settings of your Virus Scanner or install one F...

Did you wish Shankar on his birthday virus
This stupid message pops up on all of my documents. I can't send anything as an attachment. I've done the shift key which prevents the message from popping up temporarily, but it's obviously still there. Is there any way to get rid of it? Really, you should purchase and run a quality commercial anti-virus program, because today's breed of internet nasties will hide themselves throughout your system and cheerfully put themselves "back" each time you delete one. You should run a "deep scan" (i.e. All folders and no exclusions) to make sure you've found ...

Virus Warning
CNN announced. PLEASE SEND THIS TO EVERYONE ON YOUR CONTACT LIST !! A new virus has just been discovered that has been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive ever! This virus was discovered yesterday afternoon by McAfee and no vaccine has yet been developed. This virus simply destroys Sector Zero from the hard disk, where vital information for its functioning are stored. View: http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_a_card_for_you.htm http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/card.htm Uhm, if you actually READ the urbanlegends site you'd know it was false, you meathead >:-( ...

Removing Outlook popup box that warns of virus
I have written code that will automatically send a workbook as an attachment in Outlook to a designated address, however, when it runs Outlook pops up a box that says "A program is trying to automatically send email on your behalf...." Is there anyway to keep this from poping up? The code I have written is below: Sub Mail_workbook_Outlook() Dim OutApp As Object Dim OutMail As Object Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set OutMail = OutApp.CreateItem(olMailItem) With OutMail .To = "todd.alexander@bbandt.com" ...

W32.Swen.A virus and w32.Gibe-F virus in my Outlook!
Hello out there! I need some help getting rid of these 2 viruses (W32.Swen.A & W32.Gibe-F). At first, I wanted to just erase my whole hard drive and re-install everything, but I do not have all the software. I am not the Admin to the network either so I am having some difficulty trying to access a lot of things. Please help! I would suggest FIRST getting off your network (pull the cord) so this does not get into your system. I would assume if you got the virus you either do not have a current virus program or opened the file by mistake. If you go to the MS update site (from your St...

Virus Warning
CNN announced. PLEASE SEND THIS TO EVERYONE ON YOUR CONTACT LIST !! A new virus has just been discovered that has been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive ever! This virus was discovered yesterday afternoon by McAfee and no vaccine has yet been developed. This virus simply destroys Sector Zero from the hard disk, where vital information for its functioning are stored. Read more at: http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_a_card_for_you.htm http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/card.htm Must think we are all as stupid as He/She, urbanlegends? 2/10, C-, V.Poor. :) "mcn&quo...

virus or ... ??
I am constantly having a window pop up in Outlook that says the following: ------------------------------------------------------- "A program is trying to access e-mail address you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose No." []Allow access for (1 minute) [Yes] [No] [Help] ------------------------------------------------------- I have thoroughly scanned for viruses, and I have both hardware and software firewalls installed. I am starting to think this has to do with a shared calendar folder. Can a...

I have no control over my browser! Has my pc got a virus?
I have no control over my browser!The scroll bars go up and down. Has my pc got a virus? KILF <KILF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have no control over my browser!The scroll bars go up and down. Has > my pc got a virus? How is this an Outlook question? -- Brian Tillman ...

remove virus notice
I have in excel table links to files (exampl. *.aud.,*cad etc). I want remove virus notice if I open this link. Can You help me, thanks a lot. vit svo -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ uninstall your virus checker "util@volna.cz" wrote: > I have in excel table links to files (exampl. *.aud.,*cad etc). I want > remove > virus notice if I open this link. Can You help me, thanks a lot. > vit svo > > > -- > Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ > I have no virus checke...

virus
Hello, We are running exchange server 2003....I have one particular user who keeps getting virus's. Our Anti-Virus program is catching them however I would like to better shield the user if possible. Is there anything I can configure on the server or client(Outlook2003) end to accomplish this? If the user is on your network and they are getting viruses via email, then your anti-virus software is not doing what it should, it should be caught by your server side AV before it even gets to the users mailbox. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexc...

OL 2003 (and 2002) Possible virus in 1 of 2 profiles
Have 2 profiles on my OL. One connected to company e-mail server, the other to external pop3 server. The don't run in parallel. Something has 'landed' in my pop3 profile that leads to exceedingly long response times, intense unidentifiable hard disk activity and a general total slowing down of all applications. This only affects the pop3 profile. Use Trend Antivirus and automatic as well as manual system scan, pop 3 scan, and mail scan both show clean. Task Manager shows identical processes for both profiles although OUTLOOK.EXE uses somewhat more memory (from 11.5 to 13...

Exchange 5.5: Virus scan diagnostic possible ?
Is it with Exchange 5.5 possible to get events about the start and end of the Background Scan activities of the AVAPI I know that under Exchange 2000 and above it is possible by increasing the diagnostic level of MSExchangeIS/System/Virus Scanning to at least "minimum" In Exchange 5.5 I didn't find this point We have to be sure that Background Scanning is completed before next one starts because of a virus signature update Has anyone a idea how to get this information Thanks! That feature was added in 2000, did not exist with 5.5. I would check with your AV vendor and not be ...

Virus? #2
My scanner and printer are refusing to work and sometimes my internet cuts off half way through looking at a web page. have i got a virus? Hi, it seems to be a trojaner. Please looking for a software call spybot it is freeware and install it. This software founds trojans and other critical things. >-----Original Message----- >My scanner and printer are refusing to work and sometimes my internet cuts off half way through looking at a web page. have i got a virus? >. > On 18 May 2004 10:21, "Charlie" wrote: >My scanner and printer are refusing to work and somet...

Virus?
A program called Personal Security loaded onto my laptop last night. It's blocking about 95% of websites, claiming they are unsafe. It keeps going into "buy a license" for $70; once it does that, I can't get to anything else. It also does this when I try to delete it via the Control Panel add/remove programs. I was able to get it out of my startup init but it's still running. Anyone know how I can get rid of it? P.S. I'm on my husband's laptop now...:-( -- MVM http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-personal-security "MVM&...

Is this a virus?
When someone in my contact list send me an e-mail he or she gets the following message: " This report relates to a message you sent with the following header fields: Message-id: <EEC70F370C2A4D20AF5EEE5D60269946@HomePC> Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 11:07:16 -0330 From: OldSaltyFrog <oldsaltyfrog@eastlink.ca> To: Gill Julien <gilljulien@eastlink.ca>, OldSaltyFrog <oldsaltyfrog@eastlink.ca> Subject: test Your message cannot be delivered to the following recipients: Recipient address: mr.david_wilson@yahoo.com.hk Original address: gillju...

GFI for Viruses
Gentleman, After being sick of the constant SPAM and and Virus on exchange server I have decided to implement a new virus and spam scanner at the exchange level. How are the GFI products? are there any things I should know about before installting them? Do they change anything ? backups? backup recovery procedures? Anything else I should know thanks for all your help. - Z It won't work on exchange 5.5 local install. I have been testing it on excahnge 2003 and it's not great..... you really have to watch it in the first little while because out of the box false positive is pretty ...

Email Virus Incoming/Outgoing
I have been getting several emails a day from people I don't know that my Norton Virus Scanner is catching. I also get return emails that I supposidly sent but didn't that say undeliverable to people I don't know. Is there any way to stop this activity??? Thanks The only way to stop it is to give up email. At least you have an effective virus scanner. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "leadpipe" <goodyrl@hotmail...

Virus?
Please help. I am getting multiple e-mail rejects sent to addresses I do not have in my address book. The rejects are because: The original message was received at Thu, 23 Oct 2003 15:24:35 -0400 (EDT) from sccrmhc11.comcast.net [204.127.202.55] 554 TRANSACTION FAILED - Unrepairable Virus Detected. Your mail has not been sent. There are two attachements (I do not open them). One is ATT000(and a number).dat is 466 B and the other is ATT000 (and a two digit numbe).txt and is 966 B. My ISP provider told me Norton was having a problem and to turn off my AntiVirus program. I don't think...