vioce in excel

In class we learned that there is a feature in excel that speaks  Audio
actually tells you what is in the cell   I would really like to know how to
turn this feature on I am using office 2007 excel   Please help

I'm afraid I don't have 2007, but in 2003 it was under Tools - Speech. You
could try looking in the XL help file for "speech playback".
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"lori" wrote:

> In class we learned that there is a feature in excel that speaks  Audio
> actually tells you what is in the cell   I would really like to know how to
> turn this feature on I am using office 2007 excel   Please help

can you try...
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP030895921033.aspx?pid=CH010003361033

but i have not tried it as i don't use 2007.

-kc
*Click YES if this helps

"lori" wrote:

> In class we learned that there is a feature in excel that speaks  Audio
> actually tells you what is in the cell   I would really like to know how to
> turn this feature on I am using office 2007 excel   Please help

Easiest way to tell you is for you to use the ? Help button in Excel 2007 and
search for 'turn on text to speech'.  It has pictures!

Basics: from the pull-down list next to the QAT (Quick Action Toolbar)
choose Customize,
Then click "More Commands"
Then in the Choose Commands From... choose All Commands
The list is in alphabetical order, scroll down and you'll see about 6
speech-to-text related entries, choose each one that you want to use at any
time, clicking OK after each selection.

"lori" wrote:

> In class we learned that there is a feature in excel that speaks  Audio
> actually tells you what is in the cell   I would really like to know how to
> turn this feature on I am using office 2007 excel   Please help

excel
I experimented with Text to Voice and now I CANNOT TURN IT OFF! It operates in every spreadsheet and in every cell - it is driving me nuts! Please - how do you stop it! - the toolbar does not work - it stops it if I am quick enough for the one cell but carries on in all the rest!*! Thanks Ally64000@yahoo.co.uk Go 'View' > 'Toolbars' > check 'Text to speech' and the toolbar will appear Toggle the icon on the right, 'Speech on enter' to off Regards, "ally" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:079701c46e53$e386cde0...

number format in excel
I have an issue with excel 2003 running on one of my laptop. The integer number i input in every cell will be divided by 1000, for example when I input 123 the cell will show 0.123, however if I input 123.00 it will show just as 123. Also if I copy the excel file to other computers everything looks ok. There is no cell format defined. It looks like an global setting in excel because either old excel file or new created excel file all have the same issue. Anyone can help? From the Menu Bar: <Tools> <Options> <Edit> tab, and *uncheck* "Fixed Decimal Places"...

Manual entered data on excel ms query is misaligned after refresh
I have done an MS Query in excel. I have added extra colums in the excel sheet which I want to enter manual data in. When I refresh the data, these manually inputted columns become misaligned to the imported data they refer to. Is there any around this happening. I have tried to link the imported data sheet to a manual data sheet via vlookup but this isnt working as there are no unique fields to link together. Please help! Thanks ...

excel: what is a link?
I would like to update a range of cells with any number that is input into a specific cell Duma, Select the range of cells, type the formula =$A$1 (but with the cell address of the specific cell) and press Ctrl-Enter. Or, type = and then select the specific cell and press Ctrl-Enter. This is the better way if the cell is on another sheet. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Duma" <Duma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F0DDB044-5EE1-4ED5-8ABD-85D6FBD26BC6@microsoft.com... >I would like to update a range of cells with any number that is input into a > spec...

Excel - 2000 or 97 conversion
Thanks, I have had a look at that. The idea is right, but in the lis that appears (after the button is clicked) I need the cells to be dat validated so they can have listed options too. Is this possible? I doesnt seem to work for me. Thanks Andre -- ajw15 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ajw150's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=802 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26202 You can use Data|Validation to validate the cell--then the user has to click on the button adjacent to ...

Instance of Excel running after closing Excel
I've got a DB that exports to Excel by opening an instance of excel, then record-by-record it dumps the fields into the cells of a workbook that has been copied from a workbook used as a template. It then opens the excel file. When I close the excel file using the file's close button (within the excel application) all is good. Problem: When I close the excel file application itself, before closing the excel file, an instance of excel remains running. I have what I thought were all the necessary "=nothing" statements. Also, when it automatically opens the new ...

Opening and Excel spreadsheet in IE
I have a user who is trying to open a spreadsheet in IE. She clicks on the link and it comes up with a "page cannot be displayed error". I am able to open the spreadsheet just fine. The user is able to save the spreadsheet to her desktop and open it that way and also, if she already has Excel open, she can open the file without a problem. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I like to open excel workbooks in excel--not under MSIE. How to Configure Internet Explorer to Open Office Documents in the Appropriate Office Program Instead of in Internet Explorer http://support.microsoft.co...

Sorting by Color in Excel 2003
I am not sure where this question belongs so I thought I would enter it under general questions. I have a sheet with 3,245 rows. There are blocks of data that are highlighted in yellow. The data in the row always starts in the A column and ends in the F column. I need to sort the data so all of the yellow blocks are together. A1:F1 contain the tiles of my cells, then rows A2:F3 contain yellow filled data then I have no colors until A30:F30 etc.... down to the end of the sheet. I would like to have all of the yellow colored cells together. I know Excel does not do this on its own...

Merge from Excel to Excel
I have the need to merge a data base of names (in exel) into a standardized excel sheet to be used as payroll timesheets. I have been merging the excel data base into a word document that was the timesheet, but Corporate has changed the format into an excel timesheet. We are not allowed to change the format. Is it possible to merge an excel data base into another worksheet? jm jm, If the layouts of the rows are the same, just paste the rows from the first sheet under the standardized sheet, then sort as needed. If they're not the same, get them that way first. You can quickly r...

vioce in excel
In class we learned that there is a feature in excel that speaks Audio actually tells you what is in the cell I would really like to know how to turn this feature on I am using office 2007 excel Please help I'm afraid I don't have 2007, but in 2003 it was under Tools - Speech. You could try looking in the XL help file for "speech playback". -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "lori" wrote: > In class we learned that there is a feature in excel that speaks Audio > actually tells y...

Macro commands to assign colors to each line in an Excel chart.
Is there a macro command that will assign a user specifide color to each individual line of a scatter graph? Hi, First, scatter charts do not usually display as lines, so when you say line what do you mean? You chosen as style with connecting lines? or you are refering to drop lines, or error bar lines, or...? You can tell Excel to vary the color by point but if you want to assign specific colors to specific points you will need to write a macro. What version of Excel are you using? -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "JohnnyC" wr...

Can I import contacts in Excel into Sharepoint contacts?
Can I import contacts in Excel into Sharepoint contacts? Importing contacts in Excel spreadsheet into SharePoint contacts is something that SharePoint does not support. Probably you can define your contacts as a 'Custom List' in SharePoint. If you are specific about importing from a Excel spreadsheet, you can take a look at SharePoint List Management Solution (SPListM) which allows you to import list items(contacts) with associated metadata and file attachments to your SharePoint Lists such as Contacts, Calendars, Surveys, Discussion Boards etc. SharePoint by default does...

Excel to OLE DB
I import an Excel Spreadsheet into AutoCAD. It is my understanding that in order to do so, I have to have the file in OLE DB format. How do I export an excel file into that format? Thank you. "Adam" <Adam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ... > I import an Excel Spreadsheet into AutoCAD. It is my understanding that in > order to do so, I have to have the file in OLE DB format. How do I export an > excel file into that format? I suspect this means the native Excel data must be organized as a database i.e. rows of columns with column headers, values with con...

excell problems
how can i put TWO LINES OF NUMBERS IN ONE CELL <Alt> <Enter> -- HTH, RD ===================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ===================================================== "THE JOKER" <THEJOKER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:722BE439-FDD8-4EC9-A1ED-9CEE81E85151@microsoft.com... how can i put TWO LINES OF NUMBERS IN ONE CELL Hi, If you want to put two lines of data into one cell, use the concatenat function. This joins up to 30 cells of information. The easy wa...

How do I convert PDF files to Excel?
I need to convert PDF files to formatted a Excel file so that I can make adjustments to the amounts in one column. "Kusko" <Kusko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59E00681-1630-4D2D-BB1A-2DEB11DA3AF3@microsoft.com... > I need to convert PDF files to formatted a Excel file so that I can make > adjustments to the amounts in one column. You need Adobe Acrobat if you want to modify a pdf file. /Fredrik Scan it and send it to a OCR program. Hoping that you have a clean legible master to scan. -- HansM "Kusko" <Kusko@discussions.microsof...

How do I change color of cells, columns and rows in Excel?
I cannot seem to be able to change the background colors of columns, rows and cells in Excel. I had no problem when I was using Office 97. How can I do this with Office 2003? Can you see the colors when in Print Preview or when you print the worksheet? If this is a problem with all Excel files, the Windows OS high contrast setting may be turned on. There is information in the following MSKB article: OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;320531 Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 19:20:01 -070...

Excel data into Word
I need to layout some data from excel into word. The final product needs to have 5 columns so that it looks like (repeated across). Name Name Address Address City, State ZIP City, State ZIP I remember doing this years ago in Word, but I cannot figure out to do it. I need to end up with 127 entries. This is for a page in a document. I seem to recall that at the end of each merged entry, there was a code that told word to enter the data going across rather than making a new page. Depending on whether you want the ent...

Excel
I have win2000 with Office 2000 in the network! When i try to rename one excel file my computer make restart. This hapening not to all files,and all files there is in the same folder in the network! What hapen,and what i can do so as to work out the problem? ...

Excel sheet display
Hi All, I have an excel workbook (Excel 2003), but only one sheet of it is displayed since today. The same happens if I open the CD where the workbook is saved as a copy, but then another sheet is displayed. Can anybody help, please?? Thanks in advance, -- Ille You can use ctrl-pageup/ctrl-pagedown to go between visible worksheets. If that works for you, maybe you just can't see the worksheet tabs. Tools|options|View tab|check sheet tabs. === Maybe the tabs are just too far to the left. Use those VCR like arrow keys in the bottom left to scroll those tabs to the right. Maybe your ...

Inserting sheets into Excel workbook
I have created a workbook with 7 worksheets. I want to add more worksheets but the option to Insert Worksheets is grayed out. What have I done to remove this option from just this workbook? Under Tools go to options then click the Edit tab and make sure that the "Show Insert Options Buttons" is checked. "Sally" <Sally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A26C97C-0A01-48A1-88D0-7F7EF23F87A1@microsoft.com... >I have created a workbook with 7 worksheets. I want to add more worksheets > but the option to Insert Worksheets is grayed...

Increase Excel Precision
Is there away of increasing the calculation precision in Excel? Not by too much, 25 s.f. (possibly 30 later on) is all the precision I need. TIA, Ian "Ian B." wrote... >Is there away of increasing the calculation precision in Excel? Not by too >much, 25 s.f. (possibly 30 later on) is all the precision I need. You could try to duplicate all Excel's numeric functionality in VBA using nothing but variables of type Decimal, but it'd take a long time to do so, and recalculation would crawl. Other than this, there's no way to get Excel to use higher precision. --...

Export of Textbox content to Excel
Over the years we have used a word template with predefined textboxes that are manually filled in, in order to print a form. I have big amount of filled in word documents, from which I wishes to export the content of the textboxes to Excel. First I looked for an export function, but couldn't find one... Then I tryed to create a macro that would create a string that I could copy, but the macro recorder does not allow me to access the text boxes... Does anybody know if such an export is possible and how it can be done? Thanks Peter What sort of textboxes? Take a ...

update links in Word from Excel
Dear experts, I have many, many Word documents where some fileds are linked to cells on an Excel worksheet. Unfortunately I need to change the path of the Excel worksheet and just realized that all links will break!!!! Is there an easy way to replace the path of the Excel worksheet in the Word documents without having to do it manually (4/5 links per document.... 200 documents...) Many thanks in advance for your precious help. Kind regards, Valeria Hi Valeria, Check out my Field Link Updater, at: http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/index.php?showtopic=250058&st=20&p=...

Vioce reminder of what I have typed
Someone PLEASE help me!!! I spend a lot of time in Excel and it i doing something I have never seen before. Every time I type in a cel and then change to another cell, whatever I type is repeated to m through my speakers. I have no clue what setting to change to stop thi from happening. It is louder than any music or broadcast I have playin on my computer and I am going batty over this! PLEASE, someone, tell m what I can do!! -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Go to the Tools menu, choose Speech, and chose "Show The Speech To Text Toolbar". On that toolbar, turn of...