Viewing text 2003 vs. 2007

I have a 2003 worksheet with many lines of wrapped text.  When I select a
cell I can read all the text in the formula bar.  But I sent it to someone
with 2007 and they claim only the first line of text is visible.

Is there an option in 2007 that needs to be selected to read all text?
--
Matt S

ask the person to double click on the cell or at the top, widden the area
where you see the text.  If the text had a control break (alt+enter) then it
may have stacked the data and they are looking at only the first line

"Matt S" wrote:

> I have a 2003 worksheet with many lines of wrapped text.  When I select a
> cell I can read all the text in the formula bar.  But I sent it to someone
> with 2007 and they claim only the first line of text is visible.
>
> Is there an option in 2007 that needs to be selected to read all text?
> --
> Matt S
Thanks,  I don't understand " -- widden the area  where you see the text"

How would they do that?
Matt S

"Don" wrote:

> ask the person to double click on the cell or at the top, widden the area
> where you see the text.  If the text had a control break (alt+enter) then it
> may have stacked the data and they are looking at only the first line
>
> "Matt S" wrote:
>
> > I have a 2003 worksheet with many lines of wrapped text.  When I select a
> > cell I can read all the text in the formula bar.  But I sent it to someone
> > with 2007 and they claim only the first line of text is visible.
> >
> > Is there an option in 2007 that needs to be selected to read all text?
> > --
> > Matt S
Have them press "CTRL+Shift+U"

Matt S wrote:

> I have a 2003 worksheet with many lines of wrapped text.  When I select a
> cell I can read all the text in the formula bar.  But I sent it to someone
> with 2007 and they claim only the first line of text is visible.
>
> Is there an option in 2007 that needs to be selected to read all text?

0
Bob
4/22/2010 12:23:43 PM
Perfect - Thanks much
--
Matt S

"Bob I" wrote:

> Have them press "CTRL+Shift+U"
>
> Matt S wrote:
>
> > I have a 2003 worksheet with many lines of wrapped text.  When I select a
> > cell I can read all the text in the formula bar.  But I sent it to someone
> > with 2007 and they claim only the first line of text is visible.
> >
> > Is there an option in 2007 that needs to be selected to read all text?
>
> .

You're welcome, have a great day!

Matt S wrote:

> Perfect - Thanks much

0
Bob
4/27/2010 6:53:30 PM
Thanks Don I see what you mean about widening the formula bar
--
Matt S

"Don" wrote:

> ask the person to double click on the cell or at the top, widden the area
> where you see the text.  If the text had a control break (alt+enter) then it
> may have stacked the data and they are looking at only the first line
>
> "Matt S" wrote:
>
> > I have a 2003 worksheet with many lines of wrapped text.  When I select a
> > cell I can read all the text in the formula bar.  But I sent it to someone
> > with 2007 and they claim only the first line of text is visible.
> >
> > Is there an option in 2007 that needs to be selected to read all text?
> > --
> > Matt S

Mail Messages HTML Viewing

Money 2003 Report Problems
When I look at reports (in Money 2003) I can see all my withdrawls, but not my transfers. For example if I pay $100 on my credit card, its not there. Should I set it up as a catagory instead? You don't say what reports you are referring to. Depending on the report type, it doesn't make sense to show transfers. E.g., Income and Expenses. Transfer is neither. In some other reports, you can include or exclude Transfers from the report customization. E.g., Category Spending. "cschear" <cb_schear@msn.com> wrote in message news:080601c365f2$6daea940$a301280a@phx.gbl... &...

Word 2007 hangs
Hi all, first time poster here. OS=Vista Home. Ever since a recent autorecovery, my Word 2007 now hangs on startup, although it works fine on another user profile on the same computer. I've tried copying a different Normal template (from the profile of a different user) but that hasn't helped. I'm reluctant to totally remove and reinstall because of macros and add-ins on both user profiles so I'd be grateful for any help. Thanks. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProblemsStartingWord.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "warreng" <...

Windows 2003 Office 2003 MUI
Hello Will MSCRM 4.0 Support MUI Platforms? Thanks for any help Regards, M. Tomes ...

Bring all text from "Text" worksheet
I have a workbook that contains a macro that when activated will look for a .txt file at a specific location and then populate the worksheet with the exact text. Within that workbook I want another worksheet to place that information from worksheet "text" into cell A1 of worksheet "txtdd". Thanks for looking at my problem. What have you tried, so far? Are you looking for a formula solution or will (are) you be programming in VBA? Keep in mind that a cell can only hold about 65K characters of pure text. How much data is in the .txt file? Steve in Ohio (To...

MS excell 2007 Data verification list
I am attempting to use the list function within data verification for drop down menus. I need a list that is conditional upon the information in another cell. Example: The first cell offers a drop down menu with specific Make of equipment. From what appears in that cell I seek to offer only the Models for that Make of equipment on a list in another cell. I considered using a series of IF statements to run macros however I don’t know how to invoke a macro from within a formula. Any suggestions? Thank You =if(“Trane”,macro,=If(Crrier,macro,=If(Bitzer,macro…))) See Debra D...

refactoring (base vs child)
Hello, I have a follwoing problem: I got a class with members and I need to add another 2 classes which will be childeren of this class but memebers from base class will now be part of one of the child class. How can I modify my code ,I mean where I refer to base which doesn't have those members anymore (because they are in child). What is the best way to refactor this? Thanks! *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** csharpula csharp wrote: > Hello, > > I have a follwoing problem: > > I got a class with members and I need to add ...

Attachment issues in OWA 2003
We have an automated process in place that sends emails to sales people with their current production report as an attached Excel spreadsheet. If the recipient views the message from the full-blown Outlook 2003 client, she can view the attachment fine. However, if they view the same message in OWA 2003, they can see the paper-clip icon indicating that the message contains an attachment, but they have no link displayed in the message to the attachment itself. In other words, they can see from the folder list view that the message contains an attachment, but when they open the message, they can&...

Money 2007. Transaction Download and Bill Summary Tool Conflict
I think I'm looking for some best practice advice on the use of MS Money. Currently using Money 2007. I bank and billpay with NetBank. I use the Money Bill Summary tool to schedule reoccurring payments and transfers, but I make these payments using the Bill Pay feature of my bank's website. When I run the Money Update Online Information tool to download cleared transactions, it does not match the Netbank payments and transfers with the Bill Summary tool ledger entries. This results in duplicate entries. I could stop using the Bill Summary tool, but I would still have the prob...

Preventing text wrapping
Hi I wasn't sure whether to post here or on the developer site, but here goes. Some of the shapes that a user can "drop" onto the page are small and the associated text tends to wrap around if the text is wider than the width of the shape. Is there any way of preventing this text wrap? Thanks for any help anyone can provide. Best regards, Marek Visio lacks the dotdotdot "Don't show all the te..." feature for it's shapes. On the other hand, you can get shapes to grow so that the geometry always encompasses the text. Open the Blocks stencil, and check out...

SharePoint Services for Outlook 2007
Working with a Vista Ultimate machine with Office 2007. I have the "SharePoint Services 3.0 SP1" download. I write to inquire if this would enable my machine to host "workspaces" using this computer as a sharepoint server. If so, configuration documentaton would be helpful. Additionally, how much of a "SharePoint Server" can one expect from this download. Ideally, I would like to post milestones, tasks, alerts from my Project Professional 2007. Yes I do understand that even if this works it would only work while the machine is on and connect...

WHERE CAN YOU BUY MONEY 2007?
I have not seen any ads for Money 2007 yet. I know you can download from Microsoft directly OR buy it via Amazon.com, but is there any brick & mortar physical store that is CURRENTLY selling it in the northeast? In the past couple of years COSTCO has had it available at the same time it was introduced, but it appears that THIS year Microsoft's marketing plan is to offer it first via the internet and online stores and then open it to stores like Best Buy, Staples, Cuircut City, etc. What are your experiences in your area? Thanks. Steve Didn't find it at Sam's Club last evening...

Wrap text effected by changing row height
I like to work with a row height of 16 instead of the default of 12.75, however when I change the row height the wrap text option does not update automatically for the row(s) I have changed, but only manually. Is there a possibility to change the row height and have the wrap text work automatically ? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

View Webpage

Outlook 2003 #325
Somehow my email was xfer'd to outlook from my primary email provider and now I am receiving my email and my wife's email in Outlook. This occured when my wife was trying to send a picture via email. How can I reverse this? -- Chucky the novice Chucky wrote: > Somehow my email was xfer'd to outlook from my primary email provider and what, precisely, do you mean by that? > and > now > I am receiving my email and my wife's email in Outlook. This occured > when > my wife was trying to send a picture via email. How can I reverse this? reverse wh...

How do I get a month name out of a numerical format? (5/1/2003 = May)
Say in one cell (B26) I have the data: 5/31/2004 In another cell on a different file I have the formula: =YEAR([EMAIL_STATS.xls]Sheet1!$B$26) That returns 2004 since in that cell on that linked sheet the dat 5/31/2004 is posted, so 2004 is returned. Say I want to return the month name. If I do =MONTH([EMAIL_STATS.xls]Sheet1!$B$26) I get back 5. How would I make it return May instead of 5 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, Try, For the name of the month in full, =TEXT([EMAIL_STATS.xls]Sheet1!$B$26,"mmmm") For the abbreviated name of the month, =TEXT...

How can I test the text content of a cell
I wish to create a logical test - an IF statement that tests whether a cell contains H, M or L, and output the result as a number. I cannot get the IF statement to recognise text as true or false - my Excel 2007 gives an error when I try to do something like IF(E9=H ....) is there a way to do this? =IF(E9="H" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 16:43:01 -0700, catefaulkes <catefaulkes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I wish to create a logical test - an IF statement that tests whether a cell >contains H, M or L, and output the result as ...

Forms in two differant views

Forcing a view to be the active view

Coustom view

Outlook 2003
Recently my boss was having problems with Outlook 2003 Reminders not working properly and after some digging I had found some mention that reminders may not work on items in sub folders, though I can't seem to find anything Official from Microsoft that documents this fact. Can anyone point me to an official Microsoft statement for this fact so I have some grounds on recommending a 3rd party solution, otherwise I will be expected to solve the problem myself without the 3rd party add- in.. and I'm guessing this will be near impossible. reminders only fire on default folders in outlo...

Move exchange 2003 to new hardware
I have exchange 2003 ent on windows 2000 machine , i would like to move to another machine with windows 2003 as OS. Can anyone help !!!!!!!! Tushar - Install new server in the Exchange Org - this will be installed in the same Administrative Group by default. - Move mailboxes, replicate public folders - Follow http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822931 - Shut down Exchange services on old server for a couple of days - If all looks good, uninstall Exchange from the old server -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------...