view the reference and not the value

Dear All,

I am trying to bring in 5 sheets a value (text) from the
first sheet. When i typing the equal (=) in the sheet2 i
saw the reference and not the value.

Any solution for that ?

i am using the XP edition

Thanks in advance Manos
0
anonymous (74717)

Hi
1. check that your target cell is not formated as 'Text'.
change the format to 'General' and re-enter the formula

2. If this does not help goto 'Tools - Options - View' and
uncheck 'Formulas'

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Mail Messages HTML Viewing

refer to same row in other columns by using entire column in formula
Context I have lots of columns of data which I want to do calculations on, and i always want to consider the same row only. I would like to use names in the formulas to make it easier to keep track of which columns are being used. So it's not as if I have a problem at the moment, just that it could be easier to follow if i used named ranges. Now, I noticed a 'feature' of excel and was wondering if it is safe to use. Here it is: Column A has, say, row numbers in it, so A1 has a 1, A2 a 2, etc. If in cell B1 I type: '=A:A', the result is 1. Below is cell th...

Not allow entering repeated references in a column
Frank, Sorted! :) :) :) ... sth was missing (<) The formula to be used is =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$25,A1)<=1 and NOT =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$25,A1)=1 ... little things make the difference, isn�t it ;) ? Thank you very much for your support and your time. Ritinh -- ritinh ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ritinha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1566 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27195 ...

View Webpage

Forms in two differant views

Forcing a view to be the active view

Coustom view

OL98 start up view

Changing View -- All Folders

Calendar View?

Modifying Activities associated view 10-01-04
I have tried the unsuported fix involving: http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id= 00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899 The view opens fine but I am unable to save as is or make changes... I get the message "the Item Id is invalid." Please help Make sure you include the braces around the view ID GUID. http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899} CR "Sean T." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:161701c4a7bb$d3779910$3501280a@phx.gbl: > I have tried the unsuported fix inv...

Custom Fields in Views.. 04-22-10
Good Afternoon, We are working with a MOPS 2007 and WSS 3.0 SP2 (no c.u.'s) environment, and have created several enterprise custom fields at the task level. We can use and see them just fine in the schedules in Project Professional 2007, but when we try to add them to the 'my assignments' and 'assignment details' views, the custom data does not show up....any thoughts? Thanks! and have a great spring! Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Get Silverlight 4 Installed: Tips and Tricks http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/05910e...

How can I set View as HTML as the default view...
I am trying to use a news group in which the dominant form of message is based on HTML. But my Outlook news reader forces me to manually turn each message into HTML which is a pain. It must have changed with some security update. I want my old settings back! -- Henry Stock, Network Administrator onProject.com 3 Wing Drive Cedar Knolls, NJ 07927-1006 Henry Stock <hstock@onproject.com> wrote: > I am trying to use a news group in which the dominant form of message > is based on HTML. But my Outlook news reader forces me to manually > turn each message into HTML which is a...

I wish to assign Quantity the value of [Quantity]-[OrderAmt]
Hello I have a some related tables (and the relationships work fine on the form) two of the fields are [tblBrochures]![Quanity] and [tblOrders]![OrderAmt], both the fields are "single" and bound I wish to assign Quantity the value of [Quantity]-[OrderAmt] Can you tell me how to do this please? Thanks Tony, Ummm, could be me but I don't get it... Did you mean you want to show the Balance in a Text Box? -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://ww...

Filmstrip view
I have some windows that allow the filmstrip view and others that do not. I have researched this and what I found was: 1. Select "View" - "Customize This Folder". 2. The folder properties multi-tabbed dialog box will appear. Underneath "Use this folder type as a template" choose "Pictures" or "Photo Album" as desired. 3. Click "OK" to close the dialog box. The "View" - "Filmstrip" option should now be available. I have followed the instructions, but I still don't get the option for the fi...

Multiple value in Advanced Find
According to MS CRM 3.0 for Dummies book written by Joel Scott and David Lee, I should be able to type in multiple value in a field by typing in ; to seprate the value but it's not working, is this a bug? It works if I choose multiple value from the drop down list but doesn't work when I type in the value (i.e. if I am looking for multiple states and type in CA;NY;FL). Thanks, Joyce ...

Account Views Order
Is there any way of manually setting the order in which views are displayed in the drop down box for Accounts? We've created a number of similar views all starting with the word "account" followed by a username (eg: Account - Joe Bloggs etc..) and ideally want them displayed in the list together alphabetically but at the moment they're all mixed in with other views in no logical order. It's not a major problem but would make the system more user friendly if we could have all these views together in the list, is this possible? Thanks, Steve Sorry Steve, That view lis...

find and replace multiple values in one statement
is it possible to do a find and replace with one statement using a variable? for example instead of: Selection.Replace What:="$", Replacement:="", LookAt:=xlPart, _ SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False, _ ReplaceFormat:=False Selection.Replace What:="-", Replacement:="", LookAt:=xlPart, _ SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False, _ ReplaceFormat:=False is it possible to use Selection.Replace What:=MyChar, Replacement:="", LookAt:=xlPart, _ ...

views?
haven't install any thing lately that i can remember but when i bring outlook up it and go in to e-mail to send one there is no send button or attachment icon any more at all? and when i look under view there is only custom there and no other options? how do i get back my icons and view options? thanks! ...

Calculating a cell reference
Hi, it is possible to get excel to recognise a cell reference based on a calculation? I have this formula which gives me a number that i'd like to use as a row number. =IF(N2 >1,(CELL("Row",L3)+(CELL("Contents",N3))),IF(N2 =1,(CELL("Row",L3)+(CELL("Contents",N3)-1)),"Not Parent")) I also know the column letter that I'd like to use, but have no idea how I can marry the 2 together so that I can then use the CELL("Contents", ) function on the cell and display the contents in a particular cell. Any ideas, or if I'...

creating custom "objects" document/view
hi in CAD softwares, there are *objects* there that we can drag and drop to a form, like a resistor/diode/electronic symbol. with that cad software are able to create electronic schematic design. what is the nature of the form that holds such object? is that an activeX container? and what is that *object*? young_leaf ...

Calendar View 04-08-10
I have a client running the latest release of Entourage 2008 under 10.6.3. When she's in email and has Show Mail Folders Only, unchecked, she can access her calendar. However, if she clicks the calendar icon in the upper left hand corner of the Entourage window, no calendar appears. In the list along the left is Folder on My Computer and Calendar Views, but no item named Calendar. I created a test identity and the calendar in that identity looks and works correctly. I rebuilt the database for her identity, but that did not resolve the problem. Any other suggestions? Hal ...