View row and column headings

I have a sheet in a workbook that does not display row and
column headings and the select all button. How do I re-
display?
0
anonymous (74722)

Tools>Options>View tab>check the Row and Column Headers box>OK.

--
Greeting from the Gulf Coast!
http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays
"Rob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a sheet in a workbook that does not display row and
> column headings and the select all button. How do I re-
> display?

0
twodays (259)

Hiding rows
I need to be able to hide/unhide rows base upon a value. If cell P5 has a value of 1, then hide rows 6,7,8 and 9 If cell P5 has a value of 2, then hide rows 7,8 and 9 If cell P5 has a value of 3, then hide rows 8 and 9 If cell P5 has a value of 4, then rows 6, 7, 8 and 9 would be visible Would like to do this as a WorksheetChange event. Give this Change event code a try... Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim N As Long If Target.Address = "$P$5" Then N = Target.Value If N > 0 And N < 5 Then Rows("6:9").Hidden = ...

cannot view attachment in outlook express 6
I can't view any attachment on outlook express 6 like word or .doc attachment and all picture formats like gif, jpeg, etc. Please help me on what to do. I've already done what my friend told me which is to installed my Office XP products but still nothing seems to work fine: "I still cannot view any attachmnet files!!!" Will somebody out there can help me...Please. :( In article <OIKpHlevDHA.1908@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, jonathan_estabillo@msn.com says... |I can't view any attachment on outlook express 6 like word or .doc |attachment and all picture formats like g...

how set view>zoom>75% for always
Thanks for any help. My Excel zoom is set for 100%, automatically. I would like to set it for 75% automatically, is there a way to do that? I looked in Tools>Options but couldn't find anything. Thanks very much. The Zoom factor is a setting that applies to each worksheet and window individually, and is saved with the workbook. So any existing worksheets/windows will already have their zoom and there is no overriding setting that will change it. You could change it manually or through a macro and the new zoom will always be there for that window. If you want all worksheets in ...

Different Default Views by Users
How can I set up different default view for different Security Roles. I want for Salespearson to see My Accounts by default and for Sales Manager to see All Accounts by default. Hi, I don't think it is possible to set different default views for different security roles. But if you want to let the salesperson see only his accounts, just narrow his read rights in his roles to user only. Then the default view All Accounts will just show his own accounts based on the security role. But this solution will not work if the salesperson want's to be able to access accounts other than ...

Holding the view of column one
Good morning, I want to hold the view of column one while working on other columns. What is the best approach to my need? Thank you, Mark Windows>Freeze panes -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Mark S." <Mark S.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DDD2DBD-1BF5-4D11-AA96-86368E7BA8E6@microsoft.com... > Good morning, > > I want to hold the view of column one while working on other columns. What > is the best approach to my need? > > Thank you, Mark ...

Unable to view Property Details on a Query
Service Pack 2 was loaded onto our computer systems and it has taken away the visibility of the property details on a query. Would anybody know about viewing them without having to right click and actually going into the object properties? We want them to show under the Date Created and Date Modified under the Navigation pane. It is not an Option for us to remove Service Pack 2. Hi Jenn, If you right-click on the "All Access Objects" label, and then select View By > Details, I think you will see the missing properties again. Note: It is always best to includ...

Help wth column sorting macro!!!!
Help!!! I need a macro that will sort data by a column when the user clicks on the column heading (i.e., username). The macro then needs to return the user to the cell that was selected prior to sorting the data. P.S. I need this for a client within the next 1/2 hour if possible. Thanks so much!! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Believe you have received and answer to this in one of the other groups where you multiposted this question. -- Regards,...

Copying the column heading into all non-empty cells
Hello! I hope someone might be able to help me with this one. I have a ver simple but big spreadsheet (120 columns and 3000 rows). The first row is a header row and then all the cells in each column ar either blank or they have a Y in them. (The headings all represent hote amenities eg. pool, creche, tennis courts, the 3000 rows are 300 hotels, and the Y indicates if each hotel has that amenity or not.) All I want to do is find a quick way of replacing all the Y's wit their respective column headings/amenities. i.e. in the "Pool" column I want to have Pool written everywhere ...

row reference
i would like to sum a series of numbers in columnB and put in cell C1. which rows to sum depends on hard inputs in cells A1 (13) and A2 (29). in other words, i want to sum the numbers from B13 to B29 in this case. i know i can do this by setting C1 to: =sum(b13:b29), but the rows to sum will be changing frequently. next time A1 and A2 might be 9 and 36, respectively, thus summing cells B9:B36. i do not want to manually change the formula in C1 every time i change A1 and A2. i also do not want to create a macro. any thoughts? thanks, mike allen A couple of ways =SUM(INDEX(B:B,A1):IND...

Store row number after a find
Following a find command I want to store the row number to a variablke and use that to move to a columb on that row hi, what column? same column? different column? Regards FSt1 "Alan" wrote: > Following a find command I want to store the row number to a variablke and > use that to move to a columb on that row Hello, Any column on that row. Real problem is storing the 'found' row number to a variable "FSt1" wrote: > hi, > what column? same column? different column? > > Regards > FSt1 > > "Alan" wrote: > > > ...

Cannot view single page, lots of space under the page
Ok I have a 7 page pub 2003 doc. For some reason now when I click on the pages, i am not just stuck on one page, i can scroll down and there is a bunch of extra space. So when I click on print preview, it shows my page, and 3 blank pages. how do i delete those? I have 7 pages complete, but each of them have all this extra space??SO confused! Please help if you can!!!! Sounds like it accidentally got changed to a web publication. From the File menu, click Page Setup and see what it says. -- Computing should be about insight, not numbers or flash. i chaged it back, and it shows a pre...

Getting top down org view with PowerShell
Does anyone have any quick code samples that can return a list of all reports to a manager and below? I'm looking to make some distribution groups based on a manager and all their reports (direct and otherwise). Thanks! Steven Presley wrote: > Does anyone have any quick code samples that can return a list of all > reports to a manager and below? I'm looking to make some distribution > groups based on a manager and all their reports (direct and otherwise). > > Thanks! If you're using LDAP Filters using LDAP_MATCHING_RULE_IN_CHAIN should return ...

insert a row on ALL sheets
I have a spreadsheet with 12 sheets in it, one for each month of the year. Is there a way to insert a row on all 12 sheets at once or do I have to go into each sheet and insert the row one at a time? In other words, do I have to do it 12 times or is there a way to do it only once and have it affect all 12 sheets? Thanks, BW "bw" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0e7301c3a9f0$6e399ae0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have a spreadsheet with 12 sheets in it, one for each > month of the year. Is there a way to insert a row on all > 12 sheets at onc...

Binding to a column that is integer.
Hello. I am binding a TextBox to an integer column. The textbox cannot have empty value, even the column can assign to null. How can I force empty value on the textBox, that is of integer type (not zero). Thanks :) Use the binding events http://www.vb-tips.com/DataBindingEvents.aspx "Mr. X." <nospam@nospam_please.com> wrote in message news:OY2M$WqALHA.5464@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello. > I am binding a TextBox to an integer column. > The textbox cannot have empty value, even the column can assign to null. > How can I force empty value on ...

find which column has the maximum value
I have to check each row for the maximum value in that row. But instead of writing the maximum value of that row, I have to write the column number of that maximum value. The very first row of my dataset goes from 1 to 100, indicating 100 columns, and is there only to number the columns. So, the column number has to be picked from that row. For instance, in row 20, the maximum value is 10, and it is at column 56. How can I as output of a formula (or conditional formatting) get as answer 56? ta Try this =MATCH(MAX(20:20),20:20,0) -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email addr...

adding trendline into data-column
After adding a trendline (moving average), I woudl like to add the values of the trendline into a column..How can I do that?? The chart trendline option is for a simple moving average, e.g. with period 3, the plotted point is the average of the current and previous two points. Just use the average function and copy the formula down. For an exponentially weighted moving average (does not seem to be among the chart options) see http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=409CD102.6050009%40no_e-mail.com Jerry Inge Jonckheere wrote: > After adding a trendline (moving average), I woudl like...

Not able to sort whole rows
Hi, I have a protected sheet with password say "1122" In the protection window I have checked the box of "Sort" I selected whole lines from 14 to 40 and tried the: Data|Sort and had the error message: "The cell or chart you are trying to change is protected and therefore read-only..." Any sugestion how to solve this using a macro or VBA code for a button click. I need to sort according to column F (which is hidden). Second: What code do I need to hide 2 groups of columns: DR:FQ and G:AB Unprotect, do the sort then reprotect. Sub foo() ActiveSheet.Unprot...

Default View Advanced Find
When I click Advanced Find, it defaults to Contacts. What are the steps for having it default to Accounts which is what my salesforce primarily searches on? Thank you. The default is hardcoded to Contacts within Microsoft.Crm.Application.Pages.Search.dll A work around would be to modifiy the window.onload() funciton in ....\crm\Search\search.aspx Just add the line: objSelectControl.setValue("1,account"); Or one of the following other value's: 1,account 134,activity 112,incident 123,competitor 2,contact 1010,contract 1090,invoice 4,lead 3,opportunity 1088,salesorder 1024...

Customizing Views in OL2003 across a "Personal Folders" folder set
My company has migrated to Outlook 2003 and I would like to make some changes to the new Default Views. I have read the tips at outlook-tips.net and gone through this group in some detail but have not been able to accomplish my goals I have a bunch of folders saved on my local drive under "Personal Folders" which is on the same tree level as the main mailbox. I would like to 1) Disable Grouping 2) Disable the Reading Pane For 1) I tried View->Define Views->... per outlook-tips.net but it did not work across the subfolders in the Personal Folders directory. I also tried dis...

Automatically Fill Empty Cells in a Column
Is it possible to automatically fill empty cells in a column with the data in the cell above it? Hi Select the column / range. Then Edit / Go to / Special / Blanks. This will select all of the blank cells in the range. Type = and hit the up arrow and then type Ctrl Enter. To fix these values use Copy then Paste Special / Values. -- Andy. "Deignan" <deignan@ncsievents.com> wrote in message news:D2D1B200-92F6-44C9-A929-E9C66888C671@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to automatically fill empty cells in a column with the data in the cell above it? ...

Lost Calendar View
I'm using Outlook 2003. I've lost the 31 day view and the week view. Calendar only displays a text-based detail list. How can I restore the 31 day view and other calendar views? Thank you. Oops. Just found it under view/current view options by clicking on day/week/month. "surfer100" <surfer100@outhere.com> wrote in message news:eemReqbKFHA.2936@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > I'm using Outlook 2003. I've lost the 31 day view and the week view. > Calendar only displays a text-based detail list. How can I restore the 31 > day view and other ca...

format differnet widths columns and rows for different pages
I would like to know how you can have different formatting for row and colunm widths on different pages; is this possible and if so how do you do it?? You could use VBA to change the column.width for a worksheet..... if you were talking about that? -- Dnereb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Dnereb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26182 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=486499 By "pages" do you mean printed pages on one worksheet? On each Excel worksheet th...

inserting rows #8
Hi, I a worksheet with account detail of the various customers, after every detail of the customers total of the balance comes and from the next line new customer account starts, like this there are around 100 customers.After every customer account i have to insert 5 rows for the full details of customers. is there any way to do at one time by giving some commnad or set macro (after total i have to insert 5 rows), instead of going to each customer and insert rows thanks a lot for any good idea ...

How do I find only the singular rows in a sheet with duplicates?
I have two sheets. One from the previous day and one from today. (This is a daily thing.) Somewhere between yesterday and today, certain rows have been deleted. I need to know which rows were deleted. Deleting duplicates leaves me with the sheet from yesterday. Filtering unique records does the same thing. Help? Thank you =) In an adjacent column in the yesterday sheet, add this formula =IF(COUNTIF('today'!$A$1:$A$100,A1)=0,"Deleted","") and copy down. You c an then filter on deleted items. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Alli" <Alli@discussions.mi...

applyng a multiple header row across pages in default table style
Hello, I want to set up the default table format on an RTF document that will take the fist 2 rows in my table and repeat them as a header on all the pages the table extends to. so I need to know 2 things 1. how do i edit the default table style 2. is it possible to set the first 2 rows as the header. the data in my table is generated automatically and I don't know in advance how big it will be. thank you 1. Use the Modify Style dialog box to modify a table style in Word. The exact steps depend on your version of Word. 2. As far as I know, this is not possible in...