View only items in the left column that have X's in right columns

I'm sure there is a simple function for this.

I have a master list of items in my far left column.  The columns to their
right use various combinations of the masterlist for which I have placed an X
within the column in line/the row of the masterlist on the left.

How do I get the program to sort or eliminate both the items or rows not
with an X from the master list on the left along with eliminating from view
all the other columns but the one selected?

I want to be able to print individual reports showing how each individual
column matchs up with the master list.   HELP
0
townieflo (1)

I think the reason you have no replies is that the problem is not
understood. Could you give an example such cells A1 to A5 contain the
names of 5 items of equipment, cells B1 to B5 contain X's or Y's, cells
C1 to C5 contain X's or Z's.

I want to be able to.....................

--
bob777
bob777's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28504

Manually, you could hide all the columns that you don't want to see, then filter
to show the non-blanks in that column.  Then print that "view".  Repeat as
required.

You could have a macro do it, too.

Option Explicit
Sub testme()

    Dim iCol As Long
    Dim myRng As Range
    Dim LastRow As Long
    Dim LastCol As Long
    Dim wks As Worksheet

    Set wks = Worksheets("sheet1")

    With wks
        .AutoFilterMode = False
        LastCol = .Cells(1, .Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column

        Set myRng = .Range("a1", .Cells(LastRow, LastCol))

        myRng.AutoFilter

        For iCol = 2 To LastCol
            .Range("b1", .Cells(1, LastCol)).EntireColumn.Hidden = True
            .Cells(1, iCol).EntireColumn.Hidden = False
            If .FilterMode Then
                .ShowAllData
            End If
            myRng.AutoFilter Field:=iCol, Criteria1:="<>"
            If myRng.Columns(1).Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible) _
               .Cells.Count = 1 Then
                'don't print--no data, just header row
            Else
                .PrintOut preview:=True
            End If
        Next iCol

        .Range("b1", .Cells(1, LastCol)).EntireColumn.Hidden = False
        If .FilterMode Then
            .ShowAllData
        End If
    End With

End Sub

townieflo wrote:

> I'm sure there is a simple function for this.
>
> I have a master list of items in my far left column.  The columns to their
> right use various combinations of the masterlist for which I have placed an X
> within the column in line/the row of the masterlist on the left.
>
> How do I get the program to sort or eliminate both the items or rows not
> with an X from the master list on the left along with eliminating from view
> all the other columns but the one selected?
>
> I want to be able to print individual reports showing how each individual
> column matchs up with the master list.   HELP

--

Dave Peterson
0

products and price list items to be user owned
In CRM3.0 if you have access to products you have access to all price list items in the product catalogue. This presents a problem with large organizations where we see the requriement for the salespeople to only see the price list items for their business unit and the price list items visibiliy accross organization is a big no-no. Product and price list items need to be user owned (or there need to be a way to switch over from the organization owned to user owned setting). Thanks, Sergei ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggesti...

Total column in Query 03-16-10
I have a table with ID, Description, Intake, Sold, Remaining, Intake Date, & Total Inventory. I would like to have the Total Inventory column populate with a total from remaining column based on the description. For example: At the beginning of February I took in a total of 5 warmers. During the month of February I sold 4 of those warmers. Leaving a remaining total for February of 1. At the beginning of March I took in 5 more warmers.. for a total inventory of 6... if I sold 3 in March I would like the Total inventory to show 3 at the end of March.... Am I making myself c...

Deselecting all ListBox-Items
When you create a Listbox, it has initially 0 selected items. After selecting an item, is there any way to get it back to 0 selected items; As a coder, that easy "SetCurSel(-1)"... But how to do it as user? ".rhavin grobert" <clqrq@yahoo.de> wrote in message news:ea09b446-7c4d-481e-b096-08abd5c2182f@64g2000hsw.googlegroups.com... > When you create a Listbox, it has initially 0 selected items. > After selecting an item, is there any way to get it back to 0 selected > items; > As a coder, that easy "SetCurSel(-1)"... > But how to do it as user...

X axis in column chart
When I create a column chart, on the x-axis I have dates (30-Sep-04, 30-Sep-05 and 30-Sep-06) that repeat. (It's a double x axis where I have different office codes and the dates are shown for each office). When I first create it, the dates display nicely in a vertical orientation. However, when I add in the data table, it turns the dates all horizontal and cuts them off (all I see then is the 30-S). Any help on how to fix this? Thank you Data tables can mess up your chart. If there's little enough data to make a data table legible, you have to ask yourself whether you even ...

Mail Messages HTML Viewing

Sent Item not Showing Up
I'm at an office Running Office 97 and Outlook 2000. When they send at attached file from the Application, not Outlook, using Send To - Mail Recipient the message does not show up in the Sent Items bin of Outlook. There is apparently no record of it at all within my system although, obviously, the reciever knows it was sent. Is this an Office 97 problem? An Outlook 2000 problem? An interface problem or just this office's implementation. Thanks for any help. Tom Liberman tommylib@yahoo.com ...

refer to same row in other columns by using entire column in formula
Context I have lots of columns of data which I want to do calculations on, and i always want to consider the same row only. I would like to use names in the formulas to make it easier to keep track of which columns are being used. So it's not as if I have a problem at the moment, just that it could be easier to follow if i used named ranges. Now, I noticed a 'feature' of excel and was wondering if it is safe to use. Here it is: Column A has, say, row numbers in it, so A1 has a 1, A2 a 2, etc. If in cell B1 I type: '=A:A', the result is 1. Below is cell th...

Item has already been added. Key in dictionary:"winbootdir" Key being added: "winbootdir"
When I create a instance of web services proxy in winform, I get the exception. Stack Trace: System.ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary:"winbootdir" Key being added: "winbootdir" at System.Collections.Hashtable.Insert(Object key, Object nvalue, Boolean add) at System.Collections.Hashtable.Add(Object key, Object value) at System.Collections.Specialized.StringDictionary.Add(String key, String value) at System.CodeDom.Compiler.Executor.ExecWaitWithCapture(IntPtr userToken, String cmd, String currentDir, TempFileCollection tempFiles,...

insert 'x' number of rows in excel
Hi, I'm looking to insert 'x' no. of rows into an excel document where 'x' is the result of a 'countA' function. Is this possible? Hi# only possible with VBA. Would this be feasible for you? >-----Original Message----- >Hi, >I'm looking to insert 'x' no. of rows into an excel document where 'x' is >the result of a 'countA' function. > >Is this possible? >. > Yes VBA is feasible "Frank Kabel" wrote: > Hi# > only possible with VBA. Would this be feasible for you? > > >-----Original ...

View Webpage

Forms in two differant views

Column Header that moves with Data?
Does anyone know if it is possible, and if so how to have a colum header move with the data? I have a sheet with a ton of data and the list is growing, I would lik to see the column header "float" with the list instead of having t scroll to the top and check it out. thanks for all help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi if i'm understanding correctly - click in cell A2 and choose windows / freeze panes to undo it choose window / unfreeze panes Cheers JulieD "wendellarina >" <<wendellarina.19p7jr@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in mess...

Forcing a view to be the active view

OL98 start up view

Changing View -- All Folders

item quantity discount not found
I have an issue I hope someone can help me with. I had created a mix/match discount scheme for a group of items that I was overstocked with. Now that the items are at the levels I wanted them to be I didn't want them discounted anymore. Since you can't remove a bunch of items from discount at once I decided to delete the discount scheme. It seemed to work OK because when I looked into the item properties discount tab everything had no discount selected. However, when we sell one of these items it comes up with "warning 907 - the item quantity discount was not found in the d...

Coustom view

Outlook 2003
Recently my boss was having problems with Outlook 2003 Reminders not working properly and after some digging I had found some mention that reminders may not work on items in sub folders, though I can't seem to find anything Official from Microsoft that documents this fact. Can anyone point me to an official Microsoft statement for this fact so I have some grounds on recommending a 3rd party solution, otherwise I will be expected to solve the problem myself without the 3rd party add- in.. and I'm guessing this will be near impossible. reminders only fire on default folders in outlo...

Calendar View?

Rename the a column title
Hello, I want to rename the title of the "Task Name" column. I looked in the help and the provided solution was that I have to hide the column, then insert it again, and in the "Column definition" dialog box enter the desired title in the Title field. This works, however I noticed something funny. In the Field name list of the Column definition dialog box there is no "Task name" column, but only "Name". As the latter contains the same information as the first one this is not a big deal, but what should I do if I want to insert the same old &q...

Modifying Activities associated view 10-01-04
I have tried the unsuported fix involving: http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id= 00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899 The view opens fine but I am unable to save as is or make changes... I get the message "the Item Id is invalid." Please help Make sure you include the braces around the view ID GUID. http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899} CR "Sean T." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:161701c4a7bb$d3779910$3501280a@phx.gbl: > I have tried the unsuported fix inv...