view cell fill colour on screen

I have filled a cell with colour but cannot see it on the screen. However I
can see it in print preview. The same goes for changing the colours of the
words I type

Check this out................

The fill color, the fill pattern, or the line color of a WordArt or
AutoShape object in an Office document does not change

As directed, change the High Contrast setting in Windows OS for users'
profiles.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 12 May 2010 00:31:01 -0700, nezzer
<nezzer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have filled a cell with colour but cannot see it on the screen. However I
>can see it in print preview. The same goes for changing the colours of the
>words I type

0
Gord

Mail Messages HTML Viewing

go to next cell and paste question
I am writing a macro that is supposed to take certain cells from a "interface" page, remove them, and paste to a string of cells o another. That is easy, but I cant figure out how to make them go t another set of cells, if the ones I recorded are filled. Example: Sub Macro1() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' Macro recorded 8/4/2004 by Lane Lacy ' ' ActiveWindow.LargeScroll ToRight:=17 ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn = 239 ActiveWindow.SmallScroll ToRight:=10 Range("IV2:IV7").Select Selection.Copy Application.CutCopyMode = False Selection.Cut Sheets("productivity&qu...

hiding 0 from a cell
I can't figure out why this doesn't work, I keep getting circular references. i have 3 workbooks. 1 is a summary linked to other 2 which are stored in a different drive. The summary is I:\abc\etc\[summary.xls]sheet 1'!$d$6). At the moment the cell inwhich this reference sits has 00:00 which is mm:ss. I want this cell to remain empty until the cell from which it is linked is populated with a figure. so =if(c4=0,'','I:\abc\etc[summary.xls]sheet1'!$d$6) The response is "the formula you typed contains an error etc etc. I followed what I thought I had to but...

View Webpage

automatically highlight cells with expired dates?!
i'm trying to automatically highlight cells in Excel with expired dates. is this possible? i cant figure out how to do it unless i do it by hand You can do it with conditional formatting. Format: Conditional Formatting: Cell Value is less than e.g. 7/31/05, Format: Patterns: pick the color you want. Apply this to your cells. You should be good to go. Only draw back is that you wil lneed to update this way of doing it as the date changes. "cwest123456" wrote: > i'm trying to automatically highlight cells in Excel with expired dates. is > this possible? ...

How can I test the text content of a cell
I wish to create a logical test - an IF statement that tests whether a cell contains H, M or L, and output the result as a number. I cannot get the IF statement to recognise text as true or false - my Excel 2007 gives an error when I try to do something like IF(E9=H ....) is there a way to do this? =IF(E9="H" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 16:43:01 -0700, catefaulkes <catefaulkes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I wish to create a logical test - an IF statement that tests whether a cell >contains H, M or L, and output the result as ...

Forms in two differant views

Forcing a view to be the active view

OL98 start up view

Changing View -- All Folders

formula in cells
I'm going to try and explain this a little better and give you the actual cells that I am trying to calculate: I have net pay in cell B8, withdraws in cell C8 and the Balance in D8. I would like row D to add B, subtract C and display the balance. So when I put in the next paycheck on B9, D9 will reflect the amount from D8, add to it B9, subtract C9 if a value is there and display the balance in D9. I would like the cells in Column D for the last value entered to be blank until data is entered into them and not display the last balance the whole way down the spread sheet. Does this...

Coustom view

Calendar View?

Copy tab name to a cell or opposite
What is the the index of the name of the tab? Who can I get the tab name autmatic to a cell or the other way around? It will be nice to type a name once - no mistakes and time saving when you use a lot of pages (sheets) and refere to form the first sheet in abook. Try the below formula to retrive the tab name to a cell...To name the tab as per cell you would require a VBA solution =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,99) -- Jacob "RG" wrote: > What is the the index of the name of the tab? Who can I get ...

Modifying Activities associated view 10-01-04
I have tried the unsuported fix involving: http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id= 00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899 The view opens fine but I am unable to save as is or make changes... I get the message "the Item Id is invalid." Please help Make sure you include the braces around the view ID GUID. http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899} CR "Sean T." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:161701c4a7bb$d3779910$3501280a@phx.gbl: > I have tried the unsuported fix inv...

Do Not count blank cells
Hi all!! I have been trying to figure out how to NOT have excel count blank cells when it is counting my information that my formulas are telling it to count. This is my current formula (array): =SUMPRODUCT(--(oc!$C$1:$C$1000=435),--(oc!$H$1:$H$2000="approved"),--(oc!$D$1:$D$1000="telemedicine") I have to put a space in each blank cell (which could be a bunch) Thanks Dee -- imjustme ------------------------------------------------------------------------ imjustme's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26854 View this thread:...

Date format of cells
I am downloading a result to excel and there are date formats in that result. When I copied thedate formatted cells and paste it to a new workbook/spreadshhet..the dates are changing into numbers. I tried doing this by using another computer and the results are fine, I can copy and paste the cells as is to another workbook/spreadsheet. Is this set-up related? If so, can you please help me configure my excel so that I don't have to re-format the cells to date format. Thanks, Alex Any chance you're viewing formulas in the worksheet you're pasting? Tools|options|View|uncheck ...

Custom Fields in Views.. 04-22-10
Good Afternoon, We are working with a MOPS 2007 and WSS 3.0 SP2 (no c.u.'s) environment, and have created several enterprise custom fields at the task level. We can use and see them just fine in the schedules in Project Professional 2007, but when we try to add them to the 'my assignments' and 'assignment details' views, the custom data does not show up....any thoughts? Thanks! and have a great spring! Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Get Silverlight 4 Installed: Tips and Tricks http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/05910e...

Text editing in a cell
How do I insert a line break within a cell when I am writing a line of text?? - when I press enter I go to the next cell!! Help Hi Barbara ALT+ENTER will do -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Barbara wrote: > How do I insert a line break within a cell when I am writing a line > of text?? - when I press enter I go to the next cell!! Help ...

How can I set View as HTML as the default view...
I am trying to use a news group in which the dominant form of message is based on HTML. But my Outlook news reader forces me to manually turn each message into HTML which is a pain. It must have changed with some security update. I want my old settings back! -- Henry Stock, Network Administrator onProject.com 3 Wing Drive Cedar Knolls, NJ 07927-1006 Henry Stock <hstock@onproject.com> wrote: > I am trying to use a news group in which the dominant form of message > is based on HTML. But my Outlook news reader forces me to manually > turn each message into HTML which is a...

Filmstrip view
I have some windows that allow the filmstrip view and others that do not. I have researched this and what I found was: 1. Select "View" - "Customize This Folder". 2. The folder properties multi-tabbed dialog box will appear. Underneath "Use this folder type as a template" choose "Pictures" or "Photo Album" as desired. 3. Click "OK" to close the dialog box. The "View" - "Filmstrip" option should now be available. I have followed the instructions, but I still don't get the option for the fi...

Calculating rents and months past in 1 cell???
Hi, I´m making a Worksheet to calculate the Residual Value of car at the time the worksheet is open. So i have colums with the "inicial date of the contract", "Final date of the contract", "the monthly rent", and the "car value when purchased". With this colums i need to calculate the value of the car at today date. This columm as to do this: "Value of the car when Purchased" - (MINUS) "rents payed since the begining of the contract until todays date". How can i make excel calculate this. Sincerely To find out the num...