Vertical Scroll Includes Empty Cells

On one of my Excel spreadsheets, all of the empty cells
are being included in the vertical scroll (which
increases the document size immensely, making opening,
closing and saving an extremely tedious process).

How can I change the view so that only the cells
containing information was included in the vertical
scroll?

0
anonymous (74718)

Hi

You need to reset your used range. Have a look here for info:

Andy.

"Diana" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> On one of my Excel spreadsheets, all of the empty cells
> are being included in the vertical scroll (which
> increases the document size immensely, making opening,
> closing and saving an extremely tedious process).
>
> How can I change the view so that only the cells
> containing information was included in the vertical
> scroll?

0
andyb1 (494)

Conditional format to cells containing a #DIV/0! error
I would like to apply a conditional format to an entire spreadsheet. In particular, if a cell returns and error such as #DIV/0! I would the selected font color to be white. What do I have to enter in the conditional formatting menu? If I set the value of the cell equal to #DIV/0!, the format does not work. A solution that I found could be to use the GoTo functions to select the cells with errors and then manually apply the color, but since I am creating a template at a later point the empty cells that return the divided by zero error may contain a number. Basically I would like the cells t...

cell background
Is there a setting that will change the default setting of a cell background from white to say, light gray, when the cursor is in it? When the user elects a default configuration, or one time configuration, of a white background with the cells outlined in black there is only a very weak visual indication of where the cursor actually is, and you sometimes wind up referring to the formula bar to verify where you are. Using Excel 2000. ...

how to draw text vertically?
for example, some software like Microsoft Word, when docking a toolbar to left or right, the text on button will be drawn vertically. In article <eShIl7FZGHA.3704@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl>, Bill Gates says... > for example, some software like Microsoft Word, when docking a toolbar to > left or right, the text on button will be drawn vertically. Basically you specify the angle in lfEscapement of the LOGFONT structure. Then call CreateFontIndirect with this structure and you'll get a rotated font of type HFONT. Use SelectObject to select the font and then you can use TextO...

blank cells plot as zero values
This is a problem that's been discussed before, but I haven't seen this aspect addressed: If you select the chart in question and go to Excel>Preferences>Chart, you can indicate that empty cells should be plotted as 'Not plotted (leave gaps)". (This is one of 3 options including "Zero" and "Interpolated".) Thing is, this doesn't work! As far as I'm able to determine, the ONLY thing that Excel will do is treat your blank cells as zero values (yeah, yeah, unless I replace those blank cells with "#N/A"). The work-arounds are fine, but ...

Scroll Area #2
How do you set the Scroll Area on a worksheet so that the ability to move around the sheet is limited to the selected area? Hide all other rows and/or columns. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Paul Dusterhoft" <PDUSTERHOFT@wi.rr.com> wrote in message news:L7_Xe.30304$mb4.1898@tornado.rdc-kc.rr.com... > How do you set the Scroll Area on a worksheet so that the ability to move > around the sheet is limited to the selected area? > Paul Hiding the unused rows and columns then protecting the sheet is the usual method. Setting the scrollarea usi...

How to change cell colors based on an IF statement formula?
Hello. I am trying to do a simple color-coded exception report in Excel and can't find any decent documentation on cell formulas (the online help in Excel 2000 is kind of arcane). I am trying to compare a cell value on two different sheets. If there is a variance >= 1% across the two cells, then I want to say ">= 1% variance exists, AND I want to change the cell color to red. So far, here's the formula I am using. I don't think I am doing the variance calculation correctly, and I can't figure out how to change the cell color after I change the cell text to "&g...

paste VALUES ONLY of range to next empty row on another sheet
Have 2 sheets, source and destination. Source has data linked from othe sheets (so there are formulas) and is updated frequently. I need t copy this data to the next empty record in the destination sheet (th values only, NO formulas) one by one, that is whenever i update th source sheet, i want to copy this to the destination sheet so i have permanent record of it. I can get this to work for a single record ( row), but not for multiple rows, even when i set the range to multipl rows (see comments in code)...any help appreciated! 'code modified from Ron de Bruin (http://www.rondebruin.n...

looking for an empty row to paste a range of copied cells
Hi - I am trying to make a code that will copy a range ("A27:L27") on sheet 1 and then look for the next empty row on sheet 2 and paste it in range ("A27:L27") . I would also like the macro to insert a new blank row (or insert the copied row) for the purpose of shifting existing SUM functions on sheet 2 down. I would like those functions to be right below the copied/pasted cells every time the macro is executed. Thanks for any help - JimA On Feb 11, 5:21=A0pm, Jim A <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi - I am trying to make a code that will copy a ...

Formula to reference another cell in a worksheet
Column G is filled with numbers which represent Rows in my worksheet. I want Column H to equal the contents of Column A Row ? which is referenced in Column G. Example: G1 is 1043, I want H1 to be equal to A1043. What formula can I use to fill column F to do this automatically. Thank you! Heather =indirect("A" & G1) -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "HeatherJ" wrote: > Column G is filled with numbers which represent Rows in my worksheet. I want > Column H to equal the contents of Column A Row ? which is referenced in > Column G. >...

I want to display a graph vertically
Hello, I have a problem with displaying a graph in excel. It seems like the default way of displaying a graph is from left to right, that is, the longer part stretches out to the right. On my graph, dates are on the left (vertically) and an other factor is on the right (horisontally). I want the dates tp be horisontally and the other factor vertically, and the curve/graph should go from top to bottom, like a waterfall if that better explains it. That is, I would like to rotate the graph, but not by saving the graph as a gif-file and rotate it in Visio for instance, but as a real excel-graph, ...

Long Text Strings Not Showing In Adjacent Cells
Under macro control, I copy a list of text strings from one worksheet to another. The text strings are long. In the target cells, text is showing only in the target cell. I'd like to have it flow into adjacent cells as well since nothing is there. The format cells options don't seem to have an effect. How do I get the entire text strings to show without visiting each cell in the worksheet? Thanks. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Clear the con...

Accessing a document from classes that are included in a dialog
Hi, I have a dialog that includes a class "ListBoxPair" which includes "ListBox". In this class, I would like to access the doc to update variables What is the best way to do it? Many thanks Thank you very much. I am sorry for the stupid question, I am just new in it: Should I write a constructor that gets this argument? How should it look like? An additional question, when it works, how do I go up to get this doc (from the class I mentioned before)? Thank you very much for your help "Scott McPhillips [MVP]" wrote: > Liat wrote: > > Hi, > &g...

Scrolling cells under a heading?
Someone passed along a sample check register file in Excel. At the top are Column headings for date, check number, etc. When you scroll down, the heading at the top, always stays visible The Rows underneath give the appearance of disappearing under the header. In this way, as mentioned the, header is always visible, allowing one to see the identity of each column no matter how far you scroll down the ledger or page. How is such a header created and what is it called? I would find this useful in creating other worksheets. I am new to Excel, as you might surmise, but not computer illiterate ......

Hiding almost all cells in a worksheet
Hello, I want to hide all rows and columns except for the few I am working with. I am working between cells A1 to H49. Everything else I want hidden. Is ther any other way to do this other than selecting the unwanted rows and columns and using the Format|Rows|Hide and Format|Columns|Hide method. That's alot of rows to hide. Thanks for any info. Mike Mike Wrote: > Hello, > > I want to hide all rows and columns except for the few I am working > with. I am working between cells A1 to H49. Everything else I want > hidden. Is ther any other way to do this other tha...

linking of outside charts to each cell in the sheet
Hi friends, I have one question. I have numerical data in each cell. I have a chart for each variable plotted in a different application. I am able to copy it. Is it possible to make it appear like a comment appears when I hover over each cell. comment boxes are able to take only text and I am unable to paste it into a comment box.Your help will be appreciated very much. thanking you in advance Hi, A comment can hold a picture. Here are some examples of more fancy comments. http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Picture http://www.dicks-blog.com/archives/2005/04/19/funky-comments...

hyperlink an excel cell to a specific location wthin application f
how can I hyperlink an excel cell to a specific outlook contact? ...

vertical text
Any one help me with displaying text vertically, without expanding the row height? Dan, Do you have exceptional eyesight? Bernard "Dan" <hemidan@aol.com> wrote in message news:27b301c38367$5ae76490$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Any one help me with displaying text vertically, without > expanding the row height? ...

Summing an unknown range of cells
I'm trying to create a generalised expense claim form for a group of people. Each row refers to a particular expense and the user of the form (the claimant) adds rows as needed, so the actual number of rows is unknown at the time of creating the form. What I would like to be able to do is, for example, insert the SUM function in a particular column to sum all the cells in the column above it (some may be empty) up to a particular row. For example, suppose the SUM function is in column C then I would like to write something like: SUM(C9:C(*-1)) where "*" refers to the row th...

Outlook 7 display all tasks including repeated
In Outlook 7 tasks when you have a repeated task only the next task is diplayed. How do I change that so all tasks are displayed. For example if I have a task repeated every week and I look three weeks ahead to see what tasks are scheduled for that day it is not indicated. -- John07726 You can't. The next task of a repeated task is only generated after you have marked the current task as finished. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http:...

Excel
For the contents in a single cell, how do you adjust lengthy text to fi automatically -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi maybe 'Format - cells - Alignment': checking 'wrap Text' is what you're looking for? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > For the contents in a single cell, how do you adjust lengthy text to > fit automatically? > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Frank As I understand it, Hootieuno wants the column width to adjust automatically to a long text. A wrap text will fit a long text in a ...

I would like the tabs in Excel to be listed vertically on left.
There's no option setting that will move the sheet tabs to the left. You can send suggestions to: mswish@microsoft.com Put "Excel" in the subject line, so your suggestion will be forwarded to the Excel product managers. Suzy wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

How to change the colour of a cell(s) based on cell value
Hello guys, I am stuck on this rather simple problem. Could not find any hel searching Google. I want to change the colour of a cell to green if the vallue is = Tru and to red if it is False. I have tried to use the Conditional Formating but without joy. Thank you -- Artful Dodge ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Artful Dodger's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1656 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=32059 Hi select the cells choose format / conditional formatting choose cell...

Archiving Cells in Excel
Hi: I was wondering if there's a way to archive a whole row in excel. For example, if a cell in the row is selected as 'complete' can excel automatically remove that row and archive it elsewhere? Thanks in advance. You can do this using a worksheet event with a Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Value = "Complete" Then ActiveCell.EntireRow.Copy Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).PasteSpecial (xlPasteValues) ActiveCell.EntireRow.Delete End If End Sub I d...

Edit and continue, build failed but "Error List" is empty
Hi, I am using VS Team System 2008 (.NET 3.5 SP1) on WinXP pro. When I create a brand new dialog project, (file->new->Project...), and run it without changing a single line of code, everything works as expected. If I put a break point in InitInstance(), run it to that break point and add a line that will cause an error. I get the usual error message : "Edits were made which cannot be compiled." "Click Edit to fix the code" "Click Stop to stop debugging" "Click Ignore to continue without applying the edits." If I click 'Edit' I get the...

strange symbol in cells �
Hope someone can help with this after downloading a small excel file from a dealer site that is a genereated report, I can download it as an excel file, upon doing so and pasting it into my working sheet I end up this � at the end of the text in every cell, and when it is removed some cells change for example a cell which has a long number for a serial number will shorten as well where do I start the excel version is 2000 blacklabhfxnospam@hotmail.com remove no spam ...