Veiwing excel sheet in IE problems.

I have a web set up on our work server to provide access to multipl
types of information. However, after viewing an excel sheet and the
backing out it brings up the "Save Changes" dialog box. No one wil
ever save any changes and so this pop-up is bothersome.

I've tried making the files read only, protecting the sheets nothin
seems to get the dialog box to not pop up. Any help would be greatl
appreciated

--
eyanos
eyanosa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2768

Switch Veiws in MainFrame
Hi, I have 2 CFormView derived forms and I want to switch between them by clicking on button control in the first (main) view. I know how to do it in Menu-but here the button is the problem. Thanks, S.Kogan, BSc ...

Problem with Excel getting correct # of records back from Access
I have a qry in MSAccess that brings me 1316 rows, but when I go to excel and run the qry it only gives me 692 rows. It look like it isn't making it to the 2nd statement or the "Or" statement in the query. Looking at the data in Excel. I can't remember how to get this to pass all the records over to Excel. Here's my "Having" part in the Qry: HAVING ((([Tracking].[Type of Case])="Expedited" Or ([Tracking].[Type of Case])="Fast Track" Or ([Tracking].[Type of Case])="Standard Pre-Service") AND (([Tracking].[Appeal or Gr...

training cert expiration times need to be flagged in excel
I have been given the task of creating a spreadsheet of employees which will flag 3-months before a certification is to expire,i.e., CPR,First Aid,Firearms, etc. Do I need to milestone the event or is there something easier. I am a beginner in using this program, but I am willing to take on the task. You may want to simply use a conditional format. The following example is very close to what you would need to do http://www.officearticles.com/excel/conditional_formatting_with_formulas_in_microsoft_excel.htm Your formula would be something like =TODAY()-B2<90 (The "90" being the...

FTP problem (directory listing) on Windows 2008/IIS7.5
So FTP works locally on server from command line perfect (server has publi IP adress)... but when I want to connect to the server from internet loginnm process is OK, but there is problem with receive directory list from the server (wait...wait..wait) I use the passive mode. The server configured in the IIS Manager tab FTP Firewall Support Date Chanell Port Range 49152-65535 firewall has open the above ports plus 20 and 21 (tcp) In addition when I switch firewall off it also does not work ... (I tested it on many computers connected to teh internet). Any ...

Changing language in Excel
Hi My Microsoft Office seems to be in German, is there a way of changing it back to english? I've been to setlang.exe, but its in german, and nothing I do seems to change it Thanks Hi AFAIK no way to change this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Astron Pantingtons" <astropants@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:c78ee354.0405270546.de31413@posting.google.com... > Hi > > My Microsoft Office seems to be in German, is there a way of changing > it back to english? > > I've been to setlang.exe, but its in german, and nothing I do seems t...

Excel 2007
How do i convert excel 2007 files to excel 2000 files and mail it Use File | Save As; specify Excel 97-2003 format in the Type box. Now it is ready to email best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Vishwas" <Vishwas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B337E4C0-DB2D-4EE9-AB8A-F07635DC4C17@microsoft.com... > How do i convert excel 2007 files to excel 2000 files and mail it Office button>Save as>Excel97-2003 workbook -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Vishwas" <Vishwas@discus...

Problem with Crystal Report
Hi all, after install Microsoft CRM Server 1.2 we have problem with reports: Error message: CrystalReportViewer "The request could not be submitted for background processing. File edc3c043999f2ee.rpt. " Product version: OS: Windows Server 2003 Standard editions Microsoft CRM Server 1.2.3297.0 Thanks for help me. Zdenek. ------=_NextPart_0001_5C8B5310 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Zdenek, Thanks a lot for your post. Is this a custom report, built from scratch,a modified Crystal report or a vanilla Crystal report? Do any reports work, or is it ...

Excel Counts Cells
Can anyone tell me the formula to have Excel count cells? If I have 100 different values or names, can I put a formula in a cell to count the number values or names? Thanks for your help!! Go to XL help and read up on COUNT, COUNTA, and COUNTIF. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Can anyone tell me the formula to have Excel count cells? If I have 100 >different values or names, can I put a formula in a cell to count the number >values or names? Thanks for your help!! >. > =counta(a1:A100) will count the number of cells with something in them (valu...

Lotus Connector
I have Office 2003 - Lotus Notes 6.5.2 - XP OS I have the Outlook to Notes Connector installed - the email works without issue - it connects and updates all folders - BUT --- when I slect the Notes calendar it quickly display the items for today and them just hangs up - I get the hour glass that never ends (i've let it run for over an hour) - I have to go to the task manager and end the Outlook process ( it's maxed out at 98%) - This will also happen if I'm not connected to the internet - All other "outlook" calendars work OK Please Help Thanks ...

SAVING EXCEL FILE AS .CSV
I'm trying to save an excel file in .csv format with Excel 2003. After I get out of the file and get back in the format of the cells has changed. For instance, one column has all 4 digit numbers most of which have "0" as the first digit. The .csv file has omitted all of the zero's. It has also changed several of the cells to a date format. Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening? Thanks, Dwayne Dwayne, It's probably not the saving as csv that's changing your data, but the way Excel treats it when you reopen it with Excel. Try opening it with N...

Probleme bei Adress=?ISO-8859-1?B?/A==?=bertragung zwischen Entourage und Outlook
Hi ich habe folgendes Problem: Ich m�chte gerne meine Adressen zwischen Windows Office Outlook 2004 und Mac Office Entourage 2004 �ber das Internet austauschen. Dabei nutze ich diese Funktion im Men�: als vcard weiterleiten. Das Problem hierbei ist, dass die Notizen in den vcards nicht immer vollst�ndig �bertragen werden! Ich kann auch keine Regel ausmachen, wann dies der Fall ist. Gibt es dazu irgendwelche Einstellungen die ich �bersehen habe? Oder ist dieses Problem bekannt? Gibt es vielleicht andere M�glichkeiten die Adressen mit Notizen (die sind wichtig) zwischen Win und Mac Office �be...

Where Does Outlook Store Info? Computer Problems
Recently the power supply, motherboard, & CPU on my computer died. So I had a new motherboard, power supply, CPU and hard drive installed. The new hard drive is larger and faster than the old one. This required that Windows XP, Microsoft Office, etc, had to be installed. But before any of that was done, the technician took everything off the old hard drive and saved it into a file on the new one. All of the old data files, etc, are supposed to be there. My question, though, is how to find the address book and the saved emails that were on the old computer & put them into Outlook on the...

How to use Excel in vc?
I am heard that it can use excel in vc,I want to use it,because I have a database of access and I want to display chart like excel,but I don't find a example like it,who could help me?thank you. "LeeTow" <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> wrote in message news:%23jwhxUimEHA.324@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I am heard that it can use excel in vc,I want to use it,because I have > a database of access and I want to display chart like excel,but I don't > find a example like it,who could help me?thank you. > Lee Microsoft have information on their web site Try these: http:...

File close excel does not ask me to save changes
Does anyone know how to turn on the alert which comes up to ask you if you want to save changes, when you do File Close in Excel, but you have unsaved changes. It currently just closes the workbook and I lose all my changes. I am working in Excel 2002. perhaps in one of the macros there is a code statement application.displayalerts=false and there is no statement at the end (which it should have had ) application.displayalerts=true. Now try typing this code aopplication.displayalerts=true in the immediate window and keep thecursor at the end of the line and hit enter do you get the aler...

how to make a cell or a row in excel blink !
Now, I'm using Ms Excel version 2002. A row or Some rows of my Excel file need blink to watch them easily, how to make it ? Thanks a lot for listening to me. 'VBA CODE EXAMPLES ' 'Created by Bill Manville ' 'To create a blinking cell: ' 'If you define a new Style (Format / Style / Flash/ Add ) and apply 'that style to the cells you want to flash, paste the following code 'into a module sheet and run the procedure Flash from Auto-Open if 'desired you will get the text flashing alternately white and red. Dim NextTime As Date Sub Flash() NextTime...

where can I purchase Excel 2000 or excel 97?
Hello, everybody, and good afternoon. My friend has an old computer, and is taking a beginning Excel class. She would like to practice using the software at home. She doesn't need a full-blown version of Excel (her old system probably couldn't handle it anyway), she probably needs something like Excel 2000 or Excel 97. Do you have any suggestions on where she can purchase this product (physical stores, not online) in the Los Angeles area? If so, please contact me at SimAnt626@yahoo.com. Another thing: why can't I send an e-mail to Microsoft on this? I click on the &q...

Hitting a wall in excel
I know there's some limits in excel related to total number of worksheets, total different "types" of formatting, probably total named ranges (although I've never hit that one)... But there must be some others because we're bumping up against some odd behavior... We have a sheet that copies off copies of a template sheet and renames them... the code looks something like this: Sheets("Sheet1").Copy After:=Sheets(3) Here's as thorough a description of the actual behavior as I can give: User adds numerous duplicate tabs. At 35 duplicates (which, if it matte...

Mac Excel 2008
Greetings, I mad a chart (in Excel 2003 on Windows) to analyze a fairly large set of scienctific data. The data evolves over time. In such a situation I like to create simple animations which show how the data evolves over time. I have done this many times using simple VBA macros. My problem now is that a colleague of mine uses a Mac and has Excel 2008 which is crippled w.r.t. VBA. My macro was just a simple time loop that updated the contents of a certain cell 10 times per second, after which spreadsheet formulas involving named ranges control what data is actually plotted. I read online tha...

Print dialog box using VBA in excel
Hi Everyone, I like to add a print button (that will select several worksheets and print them) in my excel worksheet. I have recorded my action using the macro recorder the problem is I can't select the printer everytime I run the macro it print in the background without asking the user to select the printer and uses the default printer. Can anyone help?? I just want the user to be able to select the desired printer every time before printing. My current code: Sub Print_All() Sheets(Array("Sheet 1", "Sheet 2", "Sheet 3", "Sheet 5)).Select 'intent...

similar problem to moving to next cell
I have info in col A thru H, but I need to have info in e,f,g to replace b,c,d based on the answer in H which is yes. My next question is filtering, how do I return the values that are in columns to rows? Thanks The first part of the question is not completely clear. With regards the second part you asked how to return values in columns to rows? You can use the Transpose feature ( see http://www.auditexcel.co.za/lookupandreference.html ). Hope this helps. "Rose Davis" wrote: > I have info in col A thru H, but I need to have info in e,f,g to replace > b,c,d based on the ...

Excel to Lotus
Is there a way to convert an MS Excel spreadsheet to Lotus? I have saved an Excel file, but it's Read Only for some reason, and doesn't function properly. Thanks Kevin In Excel, File > Save As. In the "Save as type" box select a Lotus format and click on Save. If you don't understand what the problem is in Excel, how can converting it to Lotus help? Is it read-only because someone else has it open? -- Regards Andy Wiggins www.BygSoftware.com Home of "Save and BackUp", "The Excel Auditor" and "Byg Tools for VBA" "xippy"...

Logon Prompt with CRM 4.0, Vista and IE 8
All I have this issue where I am prompted for a logon every time I open an EMail within CRM 4.0. There are at least 2 other users in the office that have this as well as one of our clients. I have Vista SP2, IE8, CRM 4.0 Update Rollup 6 (had the issue with UR5). If I uninstall IE8 the problem goes away. If I reinstall IE8 the problem comes back. I have.. added the address to the Trusted sites enabled automatic logon Turned protection mode on/off Turned UAC on/off Changed the securtiy levels to minimum security Tried WinServer2003 IE8 -- no logon prompt Tried Win7 IE8 -- no logon pr...

Excell formula
How do I set a Excel fomula for Win/Lose calculation please ie in a racing betting record, entering W or L in a colunm. Im usuing Excel 2002 What do you want to calculate, Dusty? For instance, =if(a2>a3,"W","L") could work, but I have no idea what constitutes a win or loss. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Dustywm" <Dustywm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F645A35-D607-4C80-A1CF-2A061DD3DEDB@microsoft.com... > How do I set a Excel fomula for Win/Lose calculation please ie in a racing > betting record, entering W o...

2004 Bills and payment problem
I have been using Money for over 4 years now. and each year I buy the new version (Deluxe) Last week I turned on Money 2004 and all my bills say There is a draft payment for this bill for (4) to be paid on what ever date. This show up for every bill I have in my register for the whole year! On my start up page it shows I'm always in the red now and when I exit money it says send all payments (For the year) and I'm worried that I may accidently click yes, and really screw up my budget. What is wrong and how do I fix it. This has never happened before. Try the super salvage u...

Drawing vectors in Excel charts?
Group, Is there any way I can draw a vector in 2D or 3D (basically a line segment with an arrowhead) from one point in a 2D or 3D chart to another point, driven by a set of (x,y) or (x,y,z) that the user can modify? The user can change the values in the (x,y) or (x,y,z) cells and the vector(s) should redraw accordingly. Mike Hi Mike Is this what you mean, basically? Probably not. Create a XY-chart (Scatter) based on these data: X-value Building 0 0 6 0 6 6 3 10 0 6 0 0 6 6 0 6 6 0 Chimne...