VBA - using command button to copy userform text boxes to excel spreadsheet

Hi there,

I have created a user form in vba that someone would fill in variou
text boxes.

What i now want is the info to be summarised in excel.

The userform is held in sheet 1, so the idea is the user would inpu
the information in the text boxes and then click the command button an
the text boxes information would be copied to indiviual cells i.
textbox1 to a1 on sheet 1.

I have tried by running a macro in excel to see the vb code but tha
does not work for a vba form.

If anyone needs the file let me know and i will attach it
:cool

Add a commandbutton to the from and add code like this to the button

    Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value = Textbox1.Text

etc.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"stevehorton >" <<stevehorton.19qqo3@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> I have created a user form in vba that someone would fill in various
> text boxes.
>
> What i now want is the info to be summarised in excel.
>
> The userform is held in sheet 1, so the idea is the user would input
> the information in the text boxes and then click the command button and
> the text boxes information would be copied to indiviual cells i.e
> textbox1 to a1 on sheet 1.
>
> I have tried by running a macro in excel to see the vb code but that
> does not work for a vba form.
>
> If anyone needs the file let me know and i will attach it
> :cool:
>

> ---

bob.phillips1 (6510)
7/21/2004 12:13:25 PM
thanks guys much appreciate

Excel Training on the MAC
Can anyone recommend or point me in the direction of any free introductory and intermediate Excel training programs for the MAC available on the web? Thanks in advance. Ian ...

How to copy Comapnyweb from Svr2003 w MSDE to Svr 2003R2 w SQL2005
How can I copy companyweb from (source) Microsoft SBS 2003 Premium other then English Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 2.0 (6.0.2.8117) with MSDE to (destination) Microsoft SBS 2003 R2 Premium English Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 2.0 (6.0.2.6411) with SQL2005 Source server and destination server are in separeted network with no access to internet. Thanks in advance. ...

Why are Outlook commands disabled?
I have just reinstalled MS Office Standard 2007 after a system crash. The new installation doesn't do anything when I attempt to open my old .pst file or when I attempt to set up my e-mail accounts. I make the selection and nothing happens - no error messages or anything... ...

combo box 02-15-08
Hello I was wondering how to prevent a combo box from showing duplicate entries. Thank you, David hi David, David wrote: > I was wondering how to prevent a combo box from showing duplicate entries. Use SELECT DISTINCT|DISTINCTROW * FROM [yourTable] {GROUP BY distinctFieldList} Take a look at the online help for each of the key words. mfG --> stefan <-- ...

Print, Merged Cells, and VBA

Automatically copy cell above
Does anyone know how to automatically copy cell above the current cell? I have a long list of employees with account numbers. However, I want to only include employees with 6-xxxxx account numbers. Having blank cells on some of rows with account numbers, I may pull 6-xxxxx account numbers without names after sorting the cells by account numbers. Here is how my spreadsheet looks like: ABDULLAH,MALIK 6-63027-1200 ABROKWA,JOE 2-11932-1100 2-11932-2000 2-11987-1010 2-11987-2000 ACTON,LATOYA 6-63027-1200 ACTON,LYNETTE 2-24001-1400 ...

rotate text box
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel How can I rotate a text box or rotate text in a text box? I have a lengthy document (portrait setup) with page numbers in the footer. Works well. However on a few pages I have tables and charts that must be in landscape. When I create a section break to landscape those pages the page numbers move to the right-middle side of the page (if looking at it in portrait). I need to insert a text box, rotate the text, and place the box where the page number should be (bottom of page if viewed in portrait). <br&g...

Backup cannot copy .pst files
When I exit Outlook and click on Save Backup. I get the error "Cannot copy Outlook: The process cannot access the file beause another process has locked a portion of the file" Please advise with how to fix this problem. ...

Group / Ungroup Text Range
Hi - Have a template with a form in Word that is protected with Group (Under Developer ribbon). Also need to show spell check so I'm using Rich Text Boxes. To protect - selected the table they are in and used Group under the Developer ribbon. The user can click on a macro button and generate more of the same rich text boxes. (Kind of like an order form) I had to add font to the boxes because the print was coming out gray instead of black. The problem is I went to add font to the duplicate boxes and an error comes up: "Run-time error 4605. This method or property ...

Restoring Junk E-Mail Add Sender to Blocked Senders List Pop-Up Confirmation Box
Hi, When Outlook 2003 is first installed, and you right-click on an email and then select junk email: add sender to blocked senders list from the context menu, a pop-up confirmation box appears that simply confirms that the sender has been added to the blocked senders list. There is a checkbox that you can check here that will prevent this pop-up box from appearing in the future, and I accidentally checked it. How do I get this pop-up box to re-appear? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks - marc ...

VBA and Scheduled task in Outlook

copy,paste and loop through workbook
I am looking for a macro,Match sheet2 name value from sheet1! a:a list,copy those matching row values(sheet1!B:f) and paste them to relevant sheet's last empty row(sheet2! a(row#):e(row#)),thus loop through every sheet from sheet2 to end sheet of workbook. ...

vba select field

VLOOKUP in VBA

How do I protect specific cells from changes in Excel?
Please can someone help me. How do I protect specific cells from changes in Excel? I have a spreadsheet that I would like users to only be able to change certain cells, the others need to be protected from change Go to Format>Cells. On the Protection tab, uncheck the "Locked" box for any cell you want to be editable. After you protect the document, the user will only be able to edit the cells you unlock. "LarryH" <LarryH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E8A5FD8-A990-4181-9842-19B007C88F71@microsoft.com... > Please can someone help me. ...

my paste special function won't let me copy formulas
I am using Excel 2007 and I can't seem to copy and paste formulas from one workbook to another. Instead I get a dialogue box asking me if I want to use paste or paste link and to chose from a list of formats. Does anyone know if there is something that I can change in Excel to fix this problem? It sounds like you have the workbooks open in separate instances of excel. Close one of the workbooks (and its instance of excel) and then back to the first workbook/excel. Hit ctrl-o and open your second workbook and try the copy|paste. squintana wrote: > > I am using E...

Excel 2000... Missing row and column designators. #3

Copy entire work book
I am using XL2000 SP3, and I need to copy an entire workbook of 96 worksheets, but with values only. Is there some way to do this all at once. thanks Daniel > Is there some way to do this all at once. Couldn't you just group all the sheets? Then select all (CTRL+A)? Then copy & paste special (values)? And Save As? HTH, Andy "Andy Brown" <andy.j.brown@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:ObWQuZTtDHA.3236@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > Is there some way to do this all at once. > > Couldn't you just group all the sheets? Then select all (CTRL+A)? ...

Workbook_Close Command
I am looking for a code which would restore the spread sheet to "Clean State" before saving (when it is being saved): Something like the following which would be automatically trigged when sheet is saved: Sub Before_Save () OnSave ActiveSheet.AutoFilterMode = False Range("A3").Select end sub Thanks for your help Jan Maybe you could use the workbook_beforesave event: Option Explicit Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean) With Worksheets("Sheet1") .AutoFilterMode = False Application.Goto ...

Manipulating Text between sheets, in a workbook
What I am trying to do is set up a cell where I can type in a name, and then have that name collect under an appropriate field on another worksheet. Then when I type in a different name, into the same cell, it collects that name UNDER the first name on the other worksheet. Would require event code behind the worksheet. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) On Error GoTo stoppit Application.EnableEvents = False If Target.Address = "$A$1" And Target.Value <> "" Then Sheets("Sheet2").Cells(Rows.Count, 2).End(xlUp) _ .Offs...

Dates in Excel #8
Why does Excel assume that when you type December 2004 that you want the numeric equivalent and not a text entry? Is this just another illustration of Microsoft knowing what we need before we know it? Thanks I don't know why MS assumes this but you can precede the entry with an apostrophe and it will be text -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "FJB" <FJB0623@aol.com> wrote in message news:1109089977.316088.311020@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Why does Excel assume that when you type December 2004 that you want > the numeric equivalent and not a text entry? Is this jus...

Turn pc speaker on/off with vba code