vba to show the file save as dialog box...

vba to show the file save as dialog box..

and stop at this point and let the user pick the folder and file name and then hit OK to do the save...??

thank you...!
0
anonymous (74717)

> vba to show the file save as dialog box...
> and stop at this point and let the user pick the folder and file name and
then hit OK to do the save...???

(Not sure how the "pick folder" bit will react but) try

Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show

HTH,
Andy

0
andy.j.brown (443)
6/8/2004 4:27:56 PM
try

Excel.Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show

HTH

Ken

---

KenMacksey (98)

Showing last editing date
I was wondering if there is a way to have one cell show the date of when another cell was last edited. You can use a change event. Assume you want cell B1 to track when last A1 was changed. Right click sheet tab, select View Code and paste the macro below: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) On Error GoTo ErrorHandler Application.EnableEvents = False If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then Range("B1").Value = Date End If ErrorHandler: Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub Hope this helps Rowan "Kenny" wrote: > I was ...

Custom PWA fields show no data in PWA
Hi, My company has recently started to use Team Foundation Server and it is being used to track softwer development progress. The project related information is transferred to Project Pro and Project server 2007. There are several custom fields provided by Team system including work item ID which uniquely identifies the scenario, bug or task. However when I try to view these fields in PWA the box is empty. The custom field heading is corect. I have exported the custom fields from Project to Project server but this has not helped. Can anyone help with this? -- Regard...

encoding wmv file
hello I have a sample application developed in MFC dialog based project using directx sdk 9. the sample captures video from a webcam and saves it to a wmv file now i have to put that video into streaming server. i beleive that i will have to encode the wmv file using some codecs to put it into streaming server. i want to do the capturing and encoding simultaneously. below is a portion of my code to capture video // capture video pBuilder->RenderStream(&PIN_CATEGORY_CAPTURE, // Pin category &MEDIATYPE_Video, // Media type p...

Pop Up Box #2
This code compares a cell value to other cells in the same row and gives pop up if it is a dup. Can this be modified to compare a cell value to existing work sheet names? Thanks! Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Application.Intersect(Target, _ Rows(2)) Is Nothing Then If Application.WorksheetFunction.CountIf( _ Rows(2), "=" & Target.Value) > 1 Then MsgBox "Please enter a unique value." Target.ClearContents Target.Select End If ...

How to Use One PST file on Two Computers?
Hello: I have a desktop machine with a pst file in my Outlook 2003. I would like to copy this pst file to my laptop. How do I synchronize the same file on 2 machines so I won't get duplicate e-mails? I use one premium Yahoo e-mail account and several free Yahoo accounts with YahooPOPs.. Thanks in advance, Spudy Hi Spudy, it is not possible by default to share PST files. A list of a list of third-party synctools are also on this site: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm On the Microsoft Office Marketplace site is a list of third-party messaging tools: http://office.microsoft.com...

File location?
Where are the aspx files stored? http://site/subsite/list/defautl.aspx where would i find that? the reason i ask is when i go to export there are a couple of files that im told access denied. not sure why since im the admin on all levels. Thanks Justin Well, that really depends... mostly your stuff is stored in SQL, which means that its really data in a table cell. However, depending on whether a page has been customized or not it could be pointing to definition files that are stored on the Web Front End servers, and you really want to leave those alone. Furthermore, th...

Print, Merged Cells, and VBA

Restoring Junk E-Mail Add Sender to Blocked Senders List Pop-Up Confirmation Box
Hi, When Outlook 2003 is first installed, and you right-click on an email and then select junk email: add sender to blocked senders list from the context menu, a pop-up confirmation box appears that simply confirms that the sender has been added to the blocked senders list. There is a checkbox that you can check here that will prevent this pop-up box from appearing in the future, and I accidentally checked it. How do I get this pop-up box to re-appear? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks - marc ...

Backup cannot copy .pst files
When I exit Outlook and click on Save Backup. I get the error "Cannot copy Outlook: The process cannot access the file beause another process has locked a portion of the file" Please advise with how to fix this problem. ...

Missing DLL file prevents me using PST Files?
Hello - I posted on here a while ago asking for help as following a company merger I cannot use PST files in Outlook 2000 (Windows NT machine). I have been told that work have removed a DLL file which is causing this. Do any of you have experience of this? If so any idea what DLL file I need to add back in? Many thanks, Carl. Do you mean that the corporate IT removed the DLL so you can't use PSTs? Do they have a good reason for this? "Carl Jarvis" <carljarvis@nothankyouforthespammister.co.uk> wrote in message news:1125040515.4863.0@nnrp-t71-03.news.uk.clara.ne...

wav file format
Hello, I am trying to write a *.wav file. I read about its format and now I can write a *.wav file but when I am trying to play it with Media player, it reports that the file is corrupted which I think means that there is a problem on the file format but I couldn't find what is it. Is there any application that could read a wav file and report if there is any problem in its format? Is there any code that helps me to find what I can use to write a wav file? Any help is very appreciated. Best regards Have you seen www.wotsit.org? "ma" <ma@nowhere.com> wrote i...

VBA and Scheduled task in Outlook

xls file failure
A log.xls file was saved to the desktop in win'98se. On double clicking the file, an 'i' error is generated indicating that the 'file cannot be accessed. The file may be read only.'. The file attribute was archive and changing it to anything else, didn't help. Copy-paste and rename also didn't help. Is this file unrecoverable? Thanks. Len Delete all files in your C:\windows\temp directory -- files and directories that is, reboot and try again "lendapilot" <lendapilot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE94FAF2-AF35-44B8-91F4-B97...

VLOOKUP in VBA

vba select field

Restoring Exchange Store files to a new server
We had a major system crash this week but I was able to grab the entire exchsrv directory from the server. What files do I need to copy to the new server to get all of my exchange mail/public folders/etc loaded on the new server? Thanks, CJ What version of Exchange? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Curious Joe" <joebob.johnson@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1160176822.798021.310710@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > We had a major system crash this week but I was able to grab the entire > exchsrv director...

Detecting which field was modified upon saving
Hi all, Is there a way to know, upon saving an entity, which of its fields was modified? Is it also possible to pass this information to a workflow? The idea is to create a workflow as an audit trail to track changes. It would be also nice to know which field exactly was changed. I already have workflows for when a record is created, deleted, or modified. I'd like to be more specific about which field was changed. The alternative would be to write a workflow for each field which is untenable. Thanks, Mohamed On Mar 25, 11:33=A0am, msandid <msan...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, ...

Check for File Open
Is there some way (in VBA) to check to see if a file (spreadsheet) is in use before you try to open it? -- Bill @ UAMS Ivan F Moala posted this (I didn't try it): Yes you can do this programtically. Have a look here for how to determine if a workbook is Open and by Who. http://www.xcelfiles.com/IsFileOpen.html and MS has a version: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q138621 XL: Macro Code to Check Whether a File Is Already Open (Q138621) And it's even called "IsFileOpen" BillCPA wrote: > > Is there some way (in VBA) to check to see if ...

show dialog defined inside a DLL
hi i do have a DLL. in that i do have a dialogbox. in that dialog i have to use 3rd party control (OCX control). externally i should call a function like Show() i wrote code like this inside DLL AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState()); CMyDialog dlg. dlg.DoModal(); now problem is that without that OCX control dialog is showing. if i place that OCX control, dialog is not comming up. it is a regular DLL. i am calling AfxOleInit(); it is returning BOOL TRUE.the behaviour seems to be like Rich Edit box. if we didn't give the AfxInitRichEdit() the dialog don't shows up. i read that ...

Files Ofiice 2003 using Vista operating system
Where are my pab or pst files in Microsoft Office 2003 when using Micrsoft Vista Home Premium? Or do they have another name or location Hondaman95 <Hondaman95@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Where are my pab or pst files in Microsoft Office 2003 when using > Micrsoft Vista Home Premium? Or do they have another name or location The PAB is obsolete and you shouldn't be using one. The PST's default location is %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Outlook -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] "Brian Tillman" wrote: > Hondaman95 <Hondaman95@discussions.microsoft....

Printing a merged to file
Hello, I have searched for this topic but did not find another similar question. I am merging mail addresses to a four up postcard form. If I merge to a document and try to print it, I either get four copies of the same address on each sheet or one copy in the middle of the four up form. If I merge to the printer, I get four addresses per sheet in the right place. That would be fine, but some of the addresses are long enough that they wrap and they wrap in a place where the program decides. Foe example: Johnathan Quixley & Jane Elizabeth Doe may wrap to be "Johnathan Quixley & J...

Turn pc speaker on/off with vba code