VBA script help..Please !!!!

I have been given the script below by Ron De Bruin - and I can't thank him
enough, however I'm still scratching my head as it doesn't EXACTLY what I
want.

I want ALL the built in command bars/toolbars etc that are shown in a normal
excel sheet to be hidden when I open my 'Log' - EXCEPT my own personal
toolbar named 'LOG' and the 'Worksheet Menu Bar'.

2 problems arise from the script below :-

1) The Worksheet Menu Bar is displayed, but my 'LOG' toolbar is not.
2) If I open another seperate excel sheet, all the same commands have been
copied to this new excel workbook, whereas I want all the normal toolbars etc
showing.

here's the script :-

Private Sub workbook_Beforeclose(Cancle As Boolean)
On Error Resume Next 'in case toolbar is absent
Application.CommandBars("log").Delete

End Sub

Private Sub Workbook_Activate()
    Dim Cbar As CommandBar
    For Each Cbar In Application.CommandBars
        If Cbar.Name <> "Worksheet Menu Bar" And Cbar.Name <> "log" Then
            Cbar.Enabled = True
        End If
    Next
    With Application
        .DisplayFormulaBar = False
        .DisplayStatusBar = False

    End With
End Sub

Private Sub Workbook_Deactivate()
    Dim Cbar As CommandBar
    For Each Cbar In Application.CommandBars
        Cbar.Enabled = True
    Next
    With Application
        .DisplayFormulaBar = True
        .DisplayStatusBar = True
    End With
End Sub

Can anybody help with this....pls pls pls !!!!!!!!!!!
0
Anthony2219 (255)

Maybe it's as simple as changing this:

Cbar.Name <> "log"
lcase(cbar.name) <> "log"

When VBA compares text, it's case sensitive (unless you do something special).

--

Dave Peterson
0

Private Sub workbook_Beforeclose(Cancle As Boolean)

Maybe ....

Anthony wrote:

> I have been given the script below by Ron De Bruin - and I can't thank him
> enough, however I'm still scratching my head as it doesn't EXACTLY what I
> want.
>
> I want ALL the built in command bars/toolbars etc that are shown in a normal
> excel sheet to be hidden when I open my 'Log' - EXCEPT my own personal
> toolbar named 'LOG' and the 'Worksheet Menu Bar'.
>
> 2 problems arise from the script below :-
>
> 1) The Worksheet Menu Bar is displayed, but my 'LOG' toolbar is not.
> 2) If I open another seperate excel sheet, all the same commands have been
> copied to this new excel workbook, whereas I want all the normal toolbars etc
> showing.
>
> here's the script :-
>
> Private Sub workbook_Beforeclose(Cancle As Boolean)
> On Error Resume Next 'in case toolbar is absent
> Application.CommandBars("log").Delete
>
> End Sub
>

> Private Sub Workbook_Activate()
>     Dim Cbar As CommandBar
>     For Each Cbar In Application.CommandBars
>         If Cbar.Name <> "Worksheet Menu Bar" And Cbar.Name <> "log" Then
>             Cbar.Enabled = True
>         End If
>     Next
>     With Application
>         .DisplayFormulaBar = False
>         .DisplayStatusBar = False
>
>     End With
> End Sub
>
> Private Sub Workbook_Deactivate()
>     Dim Cbar As CommandBar
>     For Each Cbar In Application.CommandBars
>         Cbar.Enabled = True
>     Next
>     With Application
>         .DisplayFormulaBar = True
>         .DisplayStatusBar = True
>     End With
> End Sub
>
> Can anybody help with this....pls pls pls !!!!!!!!!!!

--

Dave Peterson
0
ec357201 (5290)
6/6/2005 11:39:07 AM
'thanks Dave, will give it a try and see how I get on, one other question to
try and make this a bit easier for me.
If I recorded a macro to close all the toolbars etc that I wanted and to
show my worksheet exactly how I wanted it to look, how would I get this
'macro' to run on openeing the worksheet and then how to I get all the menus
to open again when it has been closed.
Also wher shud I place this code in the VB editor - in the 'Thisworkbook'
part?

thanks Dave and sorry for dumb questions but I'm a little novice at VB etc.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> And this doesn't look correct, either:
>
> Private Sub workbook_Beforeclose(Cancle As Boolean)
>
> Maybe ....
>
> Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean)
>

> Anthony wrote:
> >
> > I have been given the script below by Ron De Bruin - and I can't thank him
> > enough, however I'm still scratching my head as it doesn't EXACTLY what I
> > want.
> >
> > I want ALL the built in command bars/toolbars etc that are shown in a normal
> > excel sheet to be hidden when I open my 'Log' - EXCEPT my own personal
> > toolbar named 'LOG' and the 'Worksheet Menu Bar'.
> >
> > 2 problems arise from the script below :-
> >
> > 1) The Worksheet Menu Bar is displayed, but my 'LOG' toolbar is not.
> > 2) If I open another seperate excel sheet, all the same commands have been
> > copied to this new excel workbook, whereas I want all the normal toolbars etc
> > showing.
> >
> > here's the script :-
> >
> > Private Sub workbook_Beforeclose(Cancle As Boolean)
> > On Error Resume Next 'in case toolbar is absent
> > Application.CommandBars("log").Delete
> >
> > End Sub
> >

> > Private Sub Workbook_Activate()
> >     Dim Cbar As CommandBar
> >     For Each Cbar In Application.CommandBars
> >         If Cbar.Name <> "Worksheet Menu Bar" And Cbar.Name <> "log" Then
> >             Cbar.Enabled = True
> >         End If
> >     Next
> >     With Application
> >         .DisplayFormulaBar = False
> >         .DisplayStatusBar = False
> >
> >     End With
> > End Sub
> >
> > Private Sub Workbook_Deactivate()
> >     Dim Cbar As CommandBar
> >     For Each Cbar In Application.CommandBars
> >         Cbar.Enabled = True
> >     Next
> >     With Application
> >         .DisplayFormulaBar = True
> >         .DisplayStatusBar = True
> >     End With
> > End Sub
> >
> > Can anybody help with this....pls pls pls !!!!!!!!!!!
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
Anthony2219 (255)
6/6/2005 12:08:03 PM
That kind of code (hide toolbars when you open a workbook) goes into the
ThisWorkbook module.

If you were hiding the toolbars based on the sheet in a workbook, you could have
the code in the worksheet module that should show this behavior.

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> That kind of code (hide toolbars when you open a workbook) goes into the
> ThisWorkbook module.
>
> If you were hiding the toolbars based on the sheet in a workbook, you could have
> the code in the worksheet module that should show this behavior.
>

> Anthony wrote:
> >
> > 'thanks Dave, will give it a try and see how I get on, one other question to
> > try and make this a bit easier for me.
> > If I recorded a macro to close all the toolbars etc that I wanted and to
> > show my worksheet exactly how I wanted it to look, how would I get this
> > 'macro' to run on openeing the worksheet and then how to I get all the menus
> > to open again when it has been closed.
> > Also wher shud I place this code in the VB editor - in the 'Thisworkbook'
> > part?
> >
> > thanks Dave and sorry for dumb questions but I'm a little novice at VB etc.
> >
> > "Dave Peterson" wrote:
> >
> > > And this doesn't look correct, either:
> > >
> > > Private Sub workbook_Beforeclose(Cancle As Boolean)
> > >
> > > Maybe ....
> > >
> > > Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean)

> > > --
> > >
> > > Dave Peterson
> > >

> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
Anthony2219 (255)
6/6/2005 12:35:14 PM
If you mean open the workbook, then excel will do it automatically*

* assumes that you have the code in ThisWorkbook and events are enabled and
macros are enabled.

--

Dave Peterson
0

HELP !!
I have a long long column of company names ie Company a Company b Company c But some of them are duplicated ie Company a Company b Company b Company b Company c Company c Company c How can I do a count on these companies so that I'm only provided with a count of each individual company name. (rather than the duplicates as well). So the count for the list of duplicates above would be '3'. Any one help???? Regards Dave =SUM(1/COUNTIF(A1:A7,A1:A7)) This formula must be array entered - You must press ctrl+shift+enter (as opposed to just hitting enter) after inserting the...

Help with macro/and or formula?

Print, Merged Cells, and VBA

help
hello, i am modifying the diskperf sample in the wdk so that i can communicate with it from user land. the diskperf sample is WDM. at the end of DriverEntry, i do: RtlInitUnicodeString( &ntUnicodeString, NT_DEVICE_NAME ); status = IoCreateDevice(DriverObject, 0, &ntUnicodeString, FILE_DEVICE_UNKNOWN, FILE_DEVICE_SECURE_OPEN, FALSE, &deviceObject ); where NT_DEVICE_NAME is defined as : #define NT_DEVICE_NAME L"\\Device\\DiskPerfTest" then i set up the symbolic link. then, in the IRP_MJ_DEVICE_CONTROL handler, i do a check for some IOCTRL code...

Some macro help with shelling out to other program
We are using VNC in house to do remote control between workstations. As there are over 25 of them, I would like to set up a little macro in Excel (2003) that when run, displays a list of user names along with a box prompting for which # on the list you want to connect to. Here's what I have so far: ---- Sub RunVNC() Shell ("c:\program files\hyena\vncviewer.exe sv-ws6") End Sub ---- I would like to see something like: 1. Payroll 2. Receivables 3. Accountant 4. Reception Please enter the number to connect to: Typing 1 and pressing ENTER would run the Shell command abov...

Help! Lost secure channel
Hi, Yesterday after a routine reboot, the first Exchange server (there are two) lost it's secure channel with the domain. I can no longer logon with domain credentials, but still can logon locally. There are a couple of fatal schannel errors in the log and users cannot login to their accounts. I've tried using netdom to re-establish the secure channel and although it reports success, I still cannot logon and no mail flows. Does anybody have any ideas to resolve this? What would the implications be of rejoining this server to the domain? It will recreate it's SID, right? Will thi...

Help with SQL log!!!
I run SQL 2000 as my backend for RMS. My database is only 65 megs, but the log file has grown to 67 gigs! I only have 75 available total and am about to run out. How do I shrink the logfile, or what can I do before I get stuck in a jam. Thanks, Nick Run from query analyzer BACKUP LOG { database_name | @database_name_var } { [ WITH { NO_LOG | TRUNCATE_ONLY } ] } backup log mydatabase with truncate_only Your database is corrupted. http://www.simonajewelry.com/tbs/rms.aspx There is a link on that page on the bottom to a KB on how to fix log file size issue. Also, do you ...

VBA and Scheduled task in Outlook

Help with custom entity scenario
We've come across a bit of CRM customisation which I would appreciate any advice you can give. Basically what we are trying to achieve is to be able to log the interest in applications our products could be used in against lead, opportunity and account. The application interest doesn't need to be directly tied to products but we do need the ability to record multiple applications against each. An example of some of the applications is as follows: Anatomy Bacteriology Biochemistry Biological Vaccines Biophysics Blood bank Botany ...

Invisible Pictures
Never had a prob before, but since yesterday, when I try to put a picture into MS Publisher (2003) it's invisible. It's there, because the placeholders adapt to the new shape and size - but no picture is actually visible. I've tried it with images I've used previously just to make sure it wasn't anything to do with the actual image I was trying to put in, but no joy. Can't find anything in Help or Troubleshooting to address this problem. Much appreciate any ideas as I need to do this for our shop publicity. The third FAQ here Q: Why can I not see images/shapes...

Is it possible to pass Certification Exams without proper training? Yes now its possible, this site will help you to download all guides and latest exam material for CISCO, MICROSOFT, ORACLE, COMPTIA,
Is it possible to pass Certification Exams without proper training? Yes now its possible, this site will help you to download all guides and latest exam material for CISCO, MICROSOFT, ORACLE, COMPTIA, LINUX. I received many e-mail from visitor about this site and to feel happy because this one can help you pass your certification exams very easily. Visit http://www.FreeExamKing.com ...

vba select field

Location of Right Click Start Logo Items
Hi, I have changed the openning location for Windows Explorer at the default location under accessaries and is all good load to new location, however when I use the right click start logo shortcuts "Explore, Open all users, and Explore all users" its not starting at he new location. I want to change the right click start logo shortcuts starting locations but when I right click the shortcuts instead of getting a list so I can go to properties it actually runs the shortcut. I would like to know where to find the actual shortcuts so I can change the starting locatio...

VLOOKUP in VBA

Help configuring email delivery
how do I configure my email server to deliver email destined for a specific domain to a specific IP address in Microsoft Exchange server 2003? For example if i wanted all outbound messages for xyz.com to be directly delivered to IP address 64.15.2.25, ho wwould I configure that? Thanks. configure an additional smtp connector...you will have the option to do just that... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "TD" <TD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:925866B8-C382-4BC9-A4FA-4736CEC6D953@microsoft.com... > how do I configure my email server to deliver email destined f...

I need help with a table formula/mass editting
I have a spreadsheet (.csv) with 1600 products/rows and several columns. One of the columns that has the product descriptions also contains 1600 rows. In each row under that 'description' column is a formula/code to input a chart/table with product details to our web site in a chart form. I have many new products that I need to place on the web site with this layout. I need to know how to optimize that particular column to add specific details to the chart formula for the 1600 products. For instance, I need the chart to be the same on each product but with different ...

Help creating an activity
I'm trying to create a Phone Call activity, but I'm just getting message from the server saying 'SOAP Server Application Faulted'. Here's some sample code (ignore the word wrap)... note that I'm not actually setting the strings manually as shown - they are being generated programmatically - I'm just showing what they actually amount to when the problem occurs. The credentials shouldn't be a problem - I'm using impersonation, and the call to oBizUser.WhoAmI() works fine... ----------- BizUser oBizUser = new BizUser(); oBizUser.Url = "http://lo...

rpchttp_setup.vbs script
Where can I found rpchttp_setup.vbs script? Thanx Rok wrote: > Where can I found rpchttp_setup.vbs script? > > Thanx > > ' rpchttp_setup.vbs ' ' This script will find all Exchange servers and GCs in the given domain ' and setup access via RPC/HTTP for eligible servers. ' Option Explicit Dim oArg, oRootDSE, oADOconn, oADOcomm, rs, oOutputFile, oFSO Dim fDebug Dim fIncludeOldVersions, fIncludePortmapper Dim aServers() Dim aRpcProxyFrontEnds() Dim sExchangeConfigDN, sReg, sConfigurationNC, sAddress, sDnsDomainName Dim sSitesDN, sTemp, sOutputPath...

Turn pc speaker on/off with vba code

Excel and VBA
I am very interested in learning more about using VBA in office, especially Excel. Can you post some resources (online, books, etc) that can be used to help learn about using Visual Basic in office. Thanks! Here's a good place to start: http://www.contextures.com/xlbooks.html Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP "Bob Sinclair" wrote: > I am very interested in learning more about using VBA in office, especially > Excel. Can you post some resources (online, books, etc) that can be used to > help learn about using Visual Basic in office. >...

dual Y axis help
I've read over some of these threads. However, I cannot seem to find something that can help me out. Here's what I'm looking to do: I need a 2 Y-Axis bar chart. The left Y-Axis=revenue, the right Y-axis=% of revenue. The X-axis is the country im referring to. What I need to see visually is Revenue being shown, and within the Revenue bar 3 smaller bars representing 3 different Operating expenses(% of revenue format). Is this possible? Am I clear? I just need a bar chart within a bar chart with 2 y-axis. Thanks. Hi, See Jon Peltier's page for links to cluster/stacked ...