VBA/Row number/column numer

If I want to specify a cell in VBA but only know it's row
NUMBer and not column number, how would I describe this
cell in vba? i.e. instead of AA5, i want to be able to
talkb about it as being column 27 and row 5...

thanks!

Mika,

Cells(Row, Column)

Cells(2, 3) would give you cell C2

--
Earl Kiosterud

"mika." <conceptualness@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> If I want to specify a cell in VBA but only know it's row
> NUMBer and not column number, how would I describe this
> cell in vba? i.e. instead of AA5, i want to be able to
> talkb about it as being column 27 and row 5...
>
> thanks!

0
Earl
9/16/2003 12:24:02 AM
You can use Cells. E.g.,

Cells(5,27).Value =123

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"mika." <conceptualness@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> If I want to specify a cell in VBA but only know it's row
> NUMBer and not column number, how would I describe this
> cell in vba? i.e. instead of AA5, i want to be able to
> talkb about it as being column 27 and row 5...
>
> thanks!

0
chip1 (1821)

Quote Number
I would like for users to go into a form and reserve a quote number. Would like the quote number to be auto-assigned using mmddyy (then count 01 to xx for the day) followed by their initials. Basically result would be 02280801TR for the first then 02280802TR etc....Not mandatory for the Initials if you could solve the autonumber mixed date field...Initials could be another field in the database and could combine later. Thanks Tony, I would place the below on the AddNew button: DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec Me.txtQuoteID = StrReverse(Format(Date, "mm")) & Format(Date, &quo...

Changing Rows to Columns
Is it possible to easily rotate a spreadsheet or part of a spreadshet, to change the data in rows to columns? Do to a sorting problem in the charts I create, it seems I have to sort the data in the spreadsheet first. Any help would be appreciated. Hi, Sure is a way. select & copy your data. then select the cell where you want to re-paste; right-click and select paste special; in the dialog box check "transpose". Ok. jeff >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible to easily rotate a spreadsheet or part of a >spreadshet, to change the data in rows to columns? D...

Print, Merged Cells, and VBA

Numerical sequence
I was wondering if it was possible to have a numerical sequence (i.e. as a quote number) so as every time a document is opened a new quote number is issued automatically within a cell? In regards to three queries I have made, all concern Microsoft Excel 2002. Thankyou in advance. Hi only possible with VBA. You may try for example the following code (put this in your workbook module): sub workbook_open() with me.worksheets("sheet1").range("A1") .value=.value+1 end with end sub -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Kassie Alcorn wrote: > I was wondering if ...

Add sequences of positive then negative numbers
I have a long list of random positive and negative numbers in column A. Id like to be able to add sequences of positive then negative numbers as they occur. For example... in the list 5,-1,-5,-3,2,8,-1,-3,9,7,5,11,-5,6,5 ... i would add the positive numbers until the next number in the list was negative, then add the negative numbers till the next number was positive, etc. The answers for the above list would be 5, -9, 10 , -4, 21, -5, 11 Any ideas ? -- judoist ------------------------------------------------------------------------ judoist's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/mem...

Stacked column chart (I suppose)
Hello I have the following data: Your Benchmark group company minimum median maximum 587332 47609 271686 406557 638592 923238 I want to have 0 at the top of the x-axis and 1,000,000 at the bottom. If I set up a stacked column chart of the Benchmark group data (47609, 271686, 406557, 638592, 923238) how can I indicate the value for "Your company". Hans Knudsen Hans Knudsen wrote: > I have the following data: > > Your ...

Total number of items in a sale should be displayed in POS screen
Before you tender a sale it is always a good idea to compare the number of items the customer is purchasing to the number of items rung in. If your customer is buying 10 items and only 9 have been entered, you want your salespeople to know this. RMS does not display the total number of items in a sale anywhere in the POS screen so verifying that all items have been entered is difficult and therefore not done. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree&qu...

easiest way to parse column and row info?
I'm trying to set up a macro to function on a user-selected range (rather than hardcoding row/column references, or having a bunch of inputboxes to collect the reference info) Getting the range is easy; Dim TempRange as Range Set TempRange = Selection debug.print TempRange.Address(False, False) which gives me (in my test scenario): B6:AD1463 My macro will need to process each column independently, and for each column, I will loop through each row and perform some actions. I can use left/right/mid to pull apart B6:D14 into the component pieces (B..AD and 6..1463) bu...

RMA and serial number tracking
We are using GP 9.0 Has anyone else seen where you create a crosship RMA for a serial tracked item, then receive, close and post the invoice -- and the serial for the failed part that you recieved back into a new inventory site, is still showing up as an equipment item for the customer. Further, the serial # you sent out as a replacement does not show up anywhere in the customer's equipment list. It does not even do the "serial # supersession" within the failed part's record. How are you supposed to accurately track what a customer has returned and what you sent t...

Last Number in a column to that is not equal to zero
I have an inventory worksheet that I am having trouble with. The total daily inventory column updates daily. At the end of the column, I want a formula that gives the most recent inventory number. For instance 1 15,358 2 15,358 3 19,520 4 19,520 5 19,693 6 0 7 0 8 0 9 0 10 0 11 0 The final field in the inventory column would read 19693. There will always be a whole number for inventory, so the zeros will be replace with the number once the daily inventory is completed. one thing you can try. If you have a header row add +1 =COUNTIF(A:A,">0") -- Don Guillett SalesAid Softw...

VBA and Scheduled task in Outlook

auto number
I was wondering how to go about setting up a work sheet to so as soon as I click in the first row that I will be adding data it would automaticly mark that row Number 1 and when I enter new data in the second row it automatically puts in 2, and so on? Thanks -- Eddie Hi Eddie - Try this: (Excel 2003) You don;'t give much info about how your spreadsheet is set up so try this: Let's assume you have all of your field names in the first row and the A col will hold the auto number. 1. In a2 type: =cell("row",a2) 2. Select Data from the menu 3. Select Form from the dro...

vba select field

Column width and pasting sections in excel? Formatting questions
I am trying to make a spreadsheet in which I need to have varied column widths in different sections, one under another. (they don't need to relate directly, and no major equations going on) for example: xxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx|xxxxx|xxxxxx xxxxxxx|xxxxx|xxxxxx How do I go about splitting the sheet or whatever I need to do so I can manipulate columns differently based on the row I'm in? Thanks! Rich Column widths apply to the whole column. You may be able to use merged cells to give the appearance that you want, but I try to stay...

Inserting Rows
Hi, I have 500+ rows of data that I would like to insert a blank row in between each row. Is there a globabl way of doing it rather than having to click on each row one at a time and then selecting 'insert row'? Thanks Ben Hi Ben have a look at http://tinyurl.com/2pt5r Frank Ben wrote: > Hi, > > I have 500+ rows of data that I would like to insert a > blank row in between each row. Is there a globabl way of > doing it rather than having to click on each row one at a > time and then selecting 'insert row'? > > Thanks > > Ben Thanks...

VLOOKUP in VBA

Turn pc speaker on/off with vba code

Add a set number to a random entered number
I have to start a vehicle service record and am trying to add the 6000 mile service interval to the mileage at service number. EG. A B C D 1 6000 12000 2 12125 18125 3 18200 24200 etc A is the mileage at service and C is the next service due.I am trying to do this without having a cell with a line of 6000 in it and the formula eg =SUM(A1:B1) in the C cell.Is this possable?Hope some one can help. Hi =A1+6000 HTH. Best wishes Harald "Cyclops" <Cyclops@discussions.microsoft.com> skre...

Number Format #10
Hello I've got a large spreadsheet which was imported. Apart from the first 2 columns, the rows consist of number which I need to filter, but this isn't working. Then I noticed an apostrophe before each number in every cell, which doesn't show in the cell but up in the formula/text bar. I've set all the columns to numbers but the apostrophe won't go away. Please can someone tell me how I can without having to go into each cell as there are hundreds. Thank you J Select all the columns with these "numbers" in them, then right click the tab at the bottom of t...

Revision conversion to a number suggestions ?
I have a problem with Revisioning conversions. I wonder if any one has any ideas on how to do this better. One of the elements in my database is drawing numbers and their Revision letter. ie drawing GA123 Revision A . the next drawing would be GA123 B and so on. My problem is when the drawing rolls all the way to GA123 AA or Even 3 Letters in the revision ie Rev ABZ. Currently i take the asc value of each letter and add them togeter to get a number representing the revision. example Rev AB would be 65+66 = 131 so when i compair drawings to see if a new one exists i can just...

Formatting Worksheet Rows
Is it possible to format every other row to be shaded - then when adding a row in the middle of the document it would reset the all rows following to reset to every other row being white and every other row shaded > Is it possible to format every other row to be shaded - > then when adding a row in the middle of the document it > would reset the all rows following to reset to every other > row being white and every other row shaded If I understand the requirement correctly, one way would be to use Format >> Conditional formatting with the formula condition =MOD(...

Referencing dates against Products, in order to find the Qty. With out using Column referencing
if i have 1 sheet which has the master data for all customers and then i have several workbooks with customer sales Master sheet B2 Sales Date - this row has every day of the year A3 product B3 is sales Qty 1 1 2 55 3 55 Customer sheet has a similar layout but because this is made from a pivot table its only based on sales so when it comes to christmas day when there are no sales i cannot simply do a vlookup using column references as my data will be out of sync How do i reference the product and the date ...