VBA: move to the next cell down from anywhere in the sheet

I am deleting rows based on a value in a column (< 16) and if the valu
is 16 or greater I want to move down to the next row and check tha
value and so on.  i am using a Do Until value = "".

What is the code for moving down to the next cell below ActiveCell

--
jm
jmp's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2903

Activecell.Offset(1,0).Select

I would not recommend this though.  If you want to delete rows, loop
backwards through the range (from the bottom up).  If you don't, this will
happen:

You'll deal with row 15 and delete the row
Row 16 becomes row 15 and so on (everything shifts up)
Most users, though, forget this, and go on to the next iteration in the
loop... which is the current row 16 (previously 17 before it moved up)

To avoid that issue, try something like this:

Sub Delete()
    Dim x               As Long
    Dim LastRow         As Long
    LastRow = Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row
    For x = LastRow To 1 Step -1
        If range("A" & x).value < 16 then rows(x).entirerow.delete
    Next x
End Sub

--
Ken Puls
www.officearticles.com

"jmp" <jmp.1yyo5o_1132768502.3164@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> I am deleting rows based on a value in a column (< 16) and if the value
> is 16 or greater I want to move down to the next row and check that
> value and so on.  i am using a Do Until value = "".
>
> What is the code for moving down to the next cell below ActiveCell?
>

> --
> jmp
> jmp's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29038
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=487708

Automatically copy cell above
Does anyone know how to automatically copy cell above the current cell? I have a long list of employees with account numbers. However, I want to only include employees with 6-xxxxx account numbers. Having blank cells on some of rows with account numbers, I may pull 6-xxxxx account numbers without names after sorting the cells by account numbers. Here is how my spreadsheet looks like: ABDULLAH,MALIK 6-63027-1200 ABROKWA,JOE 2-11932-1100 2-11932-2000 2-11987-1010 2-11987-2000 ACTON,LATOYA 6-63027-1200 ACTON,LYNETTE 2-24001-1400 ...

Print, Merged Cells, and VBA

VBA and Scheduled task in Outlook

vba select field

VLOOKUP in VBA

Down loading XL sheet data into the Notepad
Hi, Please see the following scenario. I have an Excel sheet in which there are few columns say 10 such as Sl. no, name, Address, Date of Birth and so on. Now that I want to extract only 2 column from the sheet say, name and Date of Birth only to the Notead by clicking a button on the Excel sheet. Is is possible by means of a macro? Can anyone explain how can I achieve this? Thank you, Siva. -- ssamband ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ssamband's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25497 View this thread: ht...

Manipulating Text between sheets, in a workbook
What I am trying to do is set up a cell where I can type in a name, and then have that name collect under an appropriate field on another worksheet. Then when I type in a different name, into the same cell, it collects that name UNDER the first name on the other worksheet. Would require event code behind the worksheet. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) On Error GoTo stoppit Application.EnableEvents = False If Target.Address = "$A$1" And Target.Value <> "" Then Sheets("Sheet2").Cells(Rows.Count, 2).End(xlUp) _ .Offs...

move project server databases to new instance
are the step by step instructions on moving project server databases to a new instance? Tried the link before but I could not bring up the configuration wizard to remove the server farm. http://lkar.blogspot.com/2008/05/moving-moss-project-server-2007.html Hi will, Maybe this will assist: http://blogs.msdn.com/brismith/archive/2008/09/20/project-server-2007-moving-a-copy-of-production-to-test-part-1.aspx "will" wrote: > are the step by step instructions on moving project server databases to a new > instance? > > Tried the link before but I co...

Turn pc speaker on/off with vba code

Excel and VBA
I am very interested in learning more about using VBA in office, especially Excel. Can you post some resources (online, books, etc) that can be used to help learn about using Visual Basic in office. Thanks! Here's a good place to start: http://www.contextures.com/xlbooks.html Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP "Bob Sinclair" wrote: > I am very interested in learning more about using VBA in office, especially > Excel. Can you post some resources (online, books, etc) that can be used to > help learn about using Visual Basic in office. >...

Different beginning cell each time for same macro
I would like my macro to begin in a different cell that I select each time and then have the first step of the macro select the 12 cells immediately to the right of the cell I select each time. Currently my macro runs perfectly except that the macro will only begin in the exact same cell every time the marco is run. This means that the same 13 cells are used by the macro every time. Where as I need the marco to begin in a different cell that I more or less randomly select and then the macro should select the 12 cells immediately to the right of that cell. I know someone out there...

minimum cell value
Hi, I am trying to set up a cell so it has a minimum value. The current formula is: =a1/a2*5 which gives the answer 0 but i need to show a minimum value of 1 is this possible? Hi, Doug, Try: =Max(a1/a2*5,1) --- Regards, Norman "Doug Bell" <Doug Bell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8766BC4D-D3CD-4B4F-AF7B-FD145DE56205@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I am trying to set up a cell so it has a minimum value. > > The current formula is: =a1/a2*5 which gives the answer 0 but i need to > show > a minimum value of 1 is this possible? > ...

VBA Customization
Is there a way to get the name of the current company through VBA in Great Plains 8.0? Thanks for all your help. open GreatPlains. Add the current window, it will add the Toolbar then add fields choose the company name on the top left after the user id. >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to get the name of the current company through VBA in Great >Plains 8.0? > >Thanks for all your help. > > > >. > Thanks. I tried, but I couldn't add company name to the field list. It opens up the login screen instead. Any thoughts? Thanks again. "ger...

Run VBA without show
I want excel to run the VBA code without showing me what it is doing. Which code should i use for that? Sub RunWithoutShow() Application.ScreenUpdating = False 'Paste the vba code here 'end of code 'Change screenupdating property to true Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub I hope this helps... Selva V Pasupathy For more on Excel, VBA, & other Resources Please visit: http://socko.wordpress.com You may also (inserting into quote from code example bellow from Socko) Use Application.Visible property to hide the application entirely Sub RunWithoutShow() Appli...

Form Controls vs VBA controls
I am new to VBA so just finding my feet, can anyone help me with th differences between an excel control (i.e. one from the form toolbox lets say a checkBox and a vba checkBox? From trying the two controls the I have noticed is that you canno capture the change event of the VBA checkbox in the code module, it ha to be done via the sheet (i.e. checkbox on sheet1, code goes in chang event on sheet1) the control is placed on, is this correct? What woul you do if you have three sheets with the same controls just differen data, do you really have to code the control 3 times? The excel control ho...

How to moving cursor when data are filtered
Hi, I had read so many articles about moving rows up and down using offse in macro... however, it doesn't work when the column is filtered. Sample Data: Row 1 Fish 2 Meat 3 Vegie 4 Fish 5 Fish if I filter the row to show FISH only the results would be: Row 1 Fish 4 Fish 5 Fish My question is, how to move the cursor up and down when data i filtered (of which filtered data can be anything aside from fish) Jojo W -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi why do you want to move the cursor? What are you trying to do? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt...

Problem with preventing objects moving and sizing with cells
I have cells that have a larger amount of data than others and so my row becomes distorted. I have tried to use the Excel Search for help and I was able to find a solution to my problem but I am having another issue: According to the Search result, "On the Format menu, click the command for the type of object you selected, for example Object or Selected Chart Area, and then click the Properties tab." The problem is after I select the text and click the Format menu at the top, my only options are: cells, row, column, sheet, auto-format, conditional format, and style and there i...

Referencing a ComboBox in VBA
Hi, I am using Excel 2007. I want to run some code in my Workbook_Open() Sub that fills a combo box on one of my Worksheets (I will call it myCombo on mySheet). I tried the following code and it did not work: myCombo.Clear myCombo.AddItem "Item One" myCombo.AddItem "Item Two" myCombo.AddItem "Item Three" I assume that the problem is that within the Workbook_Open() Sub, the reference to myCombo is not valid. Can anyone tell me if/how I can get a valid reference to myCombo (on mySheet)? Thanks in advance, Paul Kraemer -- Paul Krae...

Cell Selection issue
Morning all. I'm making a user form, and want to select a cell to place my equation, then with that selection choice, offset upwards, and to the side, to select and merge two sets of two cells, each. I understand with my selection that I'd use the following: activecell.offset(0,1).select to get my first cell selection. But how do I retain that initial selection, and then offset one more up, to then merge those two cells? Thank you. I'm not 100% sure what you are wanting but I think you want to merge the cell to the right of the activecell with the cell one r...

inserting and renaming a sheet vba
Instead of having 2 lines of code, one to insert a new sheet and one t rename it, is there a way to insert a sheet with particular name i one go -- Matt Housto ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt Houston's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=451 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26717 ...

color-coding cells and more
Excel 97 / W98 Two easy questions. Is there a way to color-code a cell based on a condition, BUT not using Visual Basic Editor? That is, I want to change a cell based on a condition using the =IF(a,b,c) format. In the status bar, I have choices of SUM, Average, and a few others. Always opens with SUM as the default option. Can I change the default to 'Average?' -- Replace the AT in address Statistics convinces us we are in a minority. Probability convinces us we are psychic. Old guy wrote: > Is there a way to color-code a cell based on a condition, BUT not > ...