VBA Help Files #2

Kabel and Dibben - VBA Help files not on my installation
CD any further clues as to where I can go on MSFT sites to
find and download these files? Will start searching now
yet could not find yesterday! TX JHAM

Has been a long time since I installed Excel 97 and do not have the CD
available.

I think I remember that when originally installing the same thing happened to
me when I chose the basic install......No VBA help files.

Next time around I chose "Custom Install" and the VBA Help files were
automatically downloaded and installed from the 'net.

If you have the CD try the above "custom install" choice.

I don't think you will find the files by searching the 'net.

Gord

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 08:55:10 -0700, <Hamilton3576@bellsouth.com> wrote:

>Kabel and Dibben - VBA Help files not on my installation
>CD any further clues as to where I can go on MSFT sites to
>find and download these files? Will start searching now
>yet could not find yesterday! TX JHAM

0
Gord
8/17/2004 4:52:10 PM

0
anonymous (74725)

encoding wmv file
hello I have a sample application developed in MFC dialog based project using directx sdk 9. the sample captures video from a webcam and saves it to a wmv file now i have to put that video into streaming server. i beleive that i will have to encode the wmv file using some codecs to put it into streaming server. i want to do the capturing and encoding simultaneously. below is a portion of my code to capture video // capture video pBuilder->RenderStream(&PIN_CATEGORY_CAPTURE, // Pin category &MEDIATYPE_Video, // Media type p...

Sum after Sorting #2
There is an Excel Spreadsheet like the following Project Value Sum Power 120 354 (Power + Computer) Computer 234 AV 123 Quest 200 In other words, the formula for 354 is "=B2+B3" There is a requirement that we have to sort the first column in ascending order but keep the sum still be the value for Power & Computer (as follow) Project Value Sum AV 123 354 Computer 234 Power 120 Quest 200 I have tried a number of ways but still cannot get it fixed. Is there any suggestion ? Hi! Based on your example in the second table it lo...

File location?
Where are the aspx files stored? http://site/subsite/list/defautl.aspx where would i find that? the reason i ask is when i go to export there are a couple of files that im told access denied. not sure why since im the admin on all levels. Thanks Justin Well, that really depends... mostly your stuff is stored in SQL, which means that its really data in a table cell. However, depending on whether a page has been customized or not it could be pointing to definition files that are stored on the Web Front End servers, and you really want to leave those alone. Furthermore, th...

How to Use One PST file on Two Computers?
Hello: I have a desktop machine with a pst file in my Outlook 2003. I would like to copy this pst file to my laptop. How do I synchronize the same file on 2 machines so I won't get duplicate e-mails? I use one premium Yahoo e-mail account and several free Yahoo accounts with YahooPOPs.. Thanks in advance, Spudy Hi Spudy, it is not possible by default to share PST files. A list of a list of third-party synctools are also on this site: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm On the Microsoft Office Marketplace site is a list of third-party messaging tools: http://office.microsoft.com...

Pop Up Box #2
This code compares a cell value to other cells in the same row and gives pop up if it is a dup. Can this be modified to compare a cell value to existing work sheet names? Thanks! Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Application.Intersect(Target, _ Rows(2)) Is Nothing Then If Application.WorksheetFunction.CountIf( _ Rows(2), "=" & Target.Value) > 1 Then MsgBox "Please enter a unique value." Target.ClearContents Target.Select End If ...

Help with macro/and or formula?

HELP !!
I have a long long column of company names ie Company a Company b Company c But some of them are duplicated ie Company a Company b Company b Company b Company c Company c Company c How can I do a count on these companies so that I'm only provided with a count of each individual company name. (rather than the duplicates as well). So the count for the list of duplicates above would be '3'. Any one help???? Regards Dave =SUM(1/COUNTIF(A1:A7,A1:A7)) This formula must be array entered - You must press ctrl+shift+enter (as opposed to just hitting enter) after inserting the...

Maintain Aspect Ratio of 2D Plot on Different Monitors ?? #2
Hello; There's a good chance that some might have already posted this question (including myself!), but I couldn't find any related threads in this forum directly addressing the problem. Suppose you've a 2D chart displaying the fuselage of an airplane nicely proportional on the Full Screen of your desktop monitor. You copy the w/b to your laptop (with the same XL 2003) and the display is completely out of proportion because of the different aspect ratio of the screen. Q1: Instead of Full Screen display, would a Custom View help in maintaining the aspect ratio of the 2D plo...

Print, Merged Cells, and VBA

help
hello, i am modifying the diskperf sample in the wdk so that i can communicate with it from user land. the diskperf sample is WDM. at the end of DriverEntry, i do: RtlInitUnicodeString( &ntUnicodeString, NT_DEVICE_NAME ); status = IoCreateDevice(DriverObject, 0, &ntUnicodeString, FILE_DEVICE_UNKNOWN, FILE_DEVICE_SECURE_OPEN, FALSE, &deviceObject ); where NT_DEVICE_NAME is defined as : #define NT_DEVICE_NAME L"\\Device\\DiskPerfTest" then i set up the symbolic link. then, in the IRP_MJ_DEVICE_CONTROL handler, i do a check for some IOCTRL code...

Backup cannot copy .pst files
When I exit Outlook and click on Save Backup. I get the error "Cannot copy Outlook: The process cannot access the file beause another process has locked a portion of the file" Please advise with how to fix this problem. ...

Missing DLL file prevents me using PST Files?
Hello - I posted on here a while ago asking for help as following a company merger I cannot use PST files in Outlook 2000 (Windows NT machine). I have been told that work have removed a DLL file which is causing this. Do any of you have experience of this? If so any idea what DLL file I need to add back in? Many thanks, Carl. Do you mean that the corporate IT removed the DLL so you can't use PSTs? Do they have a good reason for this? "Carl Jarvis" <carljarvis@nothankyouforthespammister.co.uk> wrote in message news:1125040515.4863.0@nnrp-t71-03.news.uk.clara.ne...

Some macro help with shelling out to other program
We are using VNC in house to do remote control between workstations. As there are over 25 of them, I would like to set up a little macro in Excel (2003) that when run, displays a list of user names along with a box prompting for which # on the list you want to connect to. Here's what I have so far: ---- Sub RunVNC() Shell ("c:\program files\hyena\vncviewer.exe sv-ws6") End Sub ---- I would like to see something like: 1. Payroll 2. Receivables 3. Accountant 4. Reception Please enter the number to connect to: Typing 1 and pressing ENTER would run the Shell command abov...

Help! Lost secure channel
Hi, Yesterday after a routine reboot, the first Exchange server (there are two) lost it's secure channel with the domain. I can no longer logon with domain credentials, but still can logon locally. There are a couple of fatal schannel errors in the log and users cannot login to their accounts. I've tried using netdom to re-establish the secure channel and although it reports success, I still cannot logon and no mail flows. Does anybody have any ideas to resolve this? What would the implications be of rejoining this server to the domain? It will recreate it's SID, right? Will thi...

Files listed into Excel
Hi, Does anyone know how I can copy just the details from "My Music" files into excel? Titles, lengths, albums etc.? Thanks in advance for any ideas for me. Tree Several methods to accomplish this.......I like Tushar's best. To add a "Print Directory" feature to Explorer, go to this KB Article. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q272623& Or you can download Printfolder 1.2 from..... http://no-nonsense-software.com/freeware/ I use PF 1.2 and find it to be more than adequate with custom features. OR Go to DOS(Command) prompt ...

Help with SQL log!!!
I run SQL 2000 as my backend for RMS. My database is only 65 megs, but the log file has grown to 67 gigs! I only have 75 available total and am about to run out. How do I shrink the logfile, or what can I do before I get stuck in a jam. Thanks, Nick Run from query analyzer BACKUP LOG { database_name | @database_name_var } { [ WITH { NO_LOG | TRUNCATE_ONLY } ] } backup log mydatabase with truncate_only Your database is corrupted. http://www.simonajewelry.com/tbs/rms.aspx There is a link on that page on the bottom to a KB on how to fix log file size issue. Also, do you ...

How to get font information from clipboard #2
I am writing an image process program. I want to cut or copy some text with font information from other software, such as MS Word, Excel etc . In my program, the text will be draw on screen with same font. So I need to get the font information from clipboard, what should I do? Thanks. ...

VBA and Scheduled task in Outlook

Invisible Pictures
Never had a prob before, but since yesterday, when I try to put a picture into MS Publisher (2003) it's invisible. It's there, because the placeholders adapt to the new shape and size - but no picture is actually visible. I've tried it with images I've used previously just to make sure it wasn't anything to do with the actual image I was trying to put in, but no joy. Can't find anything in Help or Troubleshooting to address this problem. Much appreciate any ideas as I need to do this for our shop publicity. The third FAQ here Q: Why can I not see images/shapes...

Help with custom entity scenario
We've come across a bit of CRM customisation which I would appreciate any advice you can give. Basically what we are trying to achieve is to be able to log the interest in applications our products could be used in against lead, opportunity and account. The application interest doesn't need to be directly tied to products but we do need the ability to record multiple applications against each. An example of some of the applications is as follows: Anatomy Bacteriology Biochemistry Biological Vaccines Biophysics Blood bank Botany ...

vba select field

Restoring Exchange Store files to a new server
We had a major system crash this week but I was able to grab the entire exchsrv directory from the server. What files do I need to copy to the new server to get all of my exchange mail/public folders/etc loaded on the new server? Thanks, CJ What version of Exchange? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Curious Joe" <joebob.johnson@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1160176822.798021.310710@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > We had a major system crash this week but I was able to grab the entire > exchsrv director...

Is it possible to pass Certification Exams without proper training? Yes now its possible, this site will help you to download all guides and latest exam material for CISCO, MICROSOFT, ORACLE, COMPTIA,
Is it possible to pass Certification Exams without proper training? Yes now its possible, this site will help you to download all guides and latest exam material for CISCO, MICROSOFT, ORACLE, COMPTIA, LINUX. I received many e-mail from visitor about this site and to feel happy because this one can help you pass your certification exams very easily. Visit http://www.FreeExamKing.com ...