Using XL 2003 & 97

Would like hit Ctrl+Shift+V and have an answer either yes or no as to the
presence of Any VBA code in the Active Workbook.

I do know that about the VBA editor/Explorer or to press the Run Macro
button and get a list from various sources .

I would like to stay at the keyboard and process a series of macros
including one to let me know if I even need to evoke the VBA explorer.

TIA Dennis
0
Dennis (299)

There is no bootstrap macro to tell you whether you have macros
or not.  If there were there would be no limit to virus writers.
---
HTH,

"Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D773990-2F5C-4FEE-A7DF-1BEC9A7B11A1@microsoft.com...
> Using XL 2003 & 97
>
> Would like hit Ctrl+Shift+V and have an answer either yes or no as to the
> presence of Any VBA code in the Active Workbook.
>
> I do know that about the VBA editor/Explorer or to press the Run Macro
> button and get a list from various sources .
>
> I would like to stay at the keyboard and process a series of macros
> including one to let me know if I even need to evoke the VBA explorer.
>
> TIA Dennis

0
dmcritchie (2586)
11/12/2004 8:35:36 PM
Dave,

I did not think about the reason you gave.  Thanks for yout time and
knowledge.

Dennis

"David McRitchie" wrote:

> There is no bootstrap macro to tell you whether you have macros
> or not.  If there were there would be no limit to virus writers.
> ---
> HTH,
> David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel    [site changed  Nov. 2001]
>
> "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D773990-2F5C-4FEE-A7DF-1BEC9A7B11A1@microsoft.com...
> > Using XL 2003 & 97
> >
> > Would like hit Ctrl+Shift+V and have an answer either yes or no as to the
> > presence of Any VBA code in the Active Workbook.
> >
> > I do know that about the VBA editor/Explorer or to press the Run Macro
> > button and get a list from various sources .
> >
> > I would like to stay at the keyboard and process a series of macros
> > including one to let me know if I even need to evoke the VBA explorer.
> >
> > TIA Dennis

0
Dennis (299)

Public Folder Store Present on Front-Ends
I ran the EXbpa and it said that it is recommended to dismount the Public folders stores on my front end severs. When I dismounted them mail started queueing up and did not start again until I mounted the stores. Why would this be when Microsoft recommends it and what does the PF store have to do with mail flow? I am running Exchange Server 2003 SP2 Tyson <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I ran the EXbpa and it said that it is recommended to dismount the Public >folders stores on my front end severs. When I dismounted them mail started >queueing up and did no...

Payout reason codes
Can someone point me to where in the database the payout reason codes are stored? thanks, Store Ops Manager, Database, Reason Codes, Type = Payout "Jason" wrote: > Can someone point me to where in the database the payout reason codes are > stored? > > thanks, Thanks. What I meant (and asked poorly) was if I wanted to design a custom report to show that info where would I need to look? Thanks, "Wendy_I" wrote: > Store Ops Manager, Database, Reason Codes, Type = Payout > > > > "Jason" wrote: > > > Can someo...

How to Stop Worksheet_Change event from running during code execution
I'm sorry If I've asked this before but I can't find an answer to it. I have the following 2 events in a worksheet module.... Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) I run some codes, either in UserForms or general procedures that make changes to this worksheet. Q. Is there a way to by-pass those two events somehow? As an example I have a uf that comes up if a cell is selected in that sheet. So I need those worksheet_Change events to work at that point. But then, the uf does some stuff like inputing ...

Sort several workbooks using code
I am looking to run code that will sort several workbooks even when they are closed. The code would be executed via a master workbook which will also be sorted. Is this possible? I'm not aware of sorting records in a CLOSED workbook, but what you can do is this. Create some button on the master workbook and let it open the other workbook, sort the other workbook and close the other workbook. Accompanied with Application.ScreenUpdating (but also depending on the amount of records) you will hardly notice the sorting actions. Does this help ? -- Regards; Mark ...

Print, Merged Cells, and VBA

RE: Yes/No select All or select None
I have a form (continuous) where the user sees a list of all people with a yes/no checkbox beside the name. They can scroll down the list and select individuals by clicking on the Yes/No checkbox. I would like to add a button that allows the user to select all or to unselect all (select none). Any thoughts on how to accomplish this? Thank you, Kelvin Execute an Update query to set the field to Yes or No for all records. Here's the kind of code you would put into the Event Procedure for the Click event of your command button: Dim strWhere As String 'Save any changes...

VBA and Scheduled task in Outlook

Is it possible to pass Certification Exams without proper training? Yes now its possible, this site will help you to download all guides and latest exam material for CISCO, MICROSOFT, ORACLE, COMPTIA,
Is it possible to pass Certification Exams without proper training? Yes now its possible, this site will help you to download all guides and latest exam material for CISCO, MICROSOFT, ORACLE, COMPTIA, LINUX. I received many e-mail from visitor about this site and to feel happy because this one can help you pass your certification exams very easily. Visit http://www.FreeExamKing.com ...

vba select field

VLOOKUP in VBA

How get rid of reveal codes?
How get rid of reveal codes? the symbols are all over my document!! How do I get rid of them?? Try:- ALT + F9 If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "Christa" wrote: > How get rid of reveal codes? the symbols are all over my document!! How do > I get rid of them?? Ctrl+* or Ctrl+Shift+8. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Christa" <Christa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Turn pc speaker on/off with vba code

Excel and VBA
I am very interested in learning more about using VBA in office, especially Excel. Can you post some resources (online, books, etc) that can be used to help learn about using Visual Basic in office. Thanks! Here's a good place to start: http://www.contextures.com/xlbooks.html Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP "Bob Sinclair" wrote: > I am very interested in learning more about using VBA in office, especially > Excel. Can you post some resources (online, books, etc) that can be used to > help learn about using Visual Basic in office. >...

VBA Customization
Is there a way to get the name of the current company through VBA in Great Plains 8.0? Thanks for all your help. open GreatPlains. Add the current window, it will add the Toolbar then add fields choose the company name on the top left after the user id. >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to get the name of the current company through VBA in Great >Plains 8.0? > >Thanks for all your help. > > > >. > Thanks. I tried, but I couldn't add company name to the field list. It opens up the login screen instead. Any thoughts? Thanks again. "ger...

Run VBA without show
I want excel to run the VBA code without showing me what it is doing. Which code should i use for that? Sub RunWithoutShow() Application.ScreenUpdating = False 'Paste the vba code here 'end of code 'Change screenupdating property to true Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub I hope this helps... Selva V Pasupathy For more on Excel, VBA, & other Resources Please visit: http://socko.wordpress.com You may also (inserting into quote from code example bellow from Socko) Use Application.Visible property to hide the application entirely Sub RunWithoutShow() Appli...

Form Controls vs VBA controls
I am new to VBA so just finding my feet, can anyone help me with th differences between an excel control (i.e. one from the form toolbox lets say a checkBox and a vba checkBox? From trying the two controls the I have noticed is that you canno capture the change event of the VBA checkbox in the code module, it ha to be done via the sheet (i.e. checkbox on sheet1, code goes in chang event on sheet1) the control is placed on, is this correct? What woul you do if you have three sheets with the same controls just differen data, do you really have to code the control 3 times? The excel control ho...

screen flashes black when writing on presentation
hi all, i'm using powerpoint 2007 on an HP tablet PC to record instructional videos, and i need to write on the screen when recording presentations quite often. the problem, and i've had it on two different machines i've tried (the other is a gateway), is that VERY often (and it's getting worse) when i start to write, the screen flashes black for a split second. sometimes it's so brief that the recording software (camtasia) doesn't record it, but maybe 1/3 of the time it does. this forces me to edit out those frames, which screws up the audio so i have ...

Referencing a ComboBox in VBA
Hi, I am using Excel 2007. I want to run some code in my Workbook_Open() Sub that fills a combo box on one of my Worksheets (I will call it myCombo on mySheet). I tried the following code and it did not work: myCombo.Clear myCombo.AddItem "Item One" myCombo.AddItem "Item Two" myCombo.AddItem "Item Three" I assume that the problem is that within the Workbook_Open() Sub, the reference to myCombo is not valid. Can anyone tell me if/how I can get a valid reference to myCombo (on mySheet)? Thanks in advance, Paul Kraemer -- Paul Krae...

inserting and renaming a sheet vba
Instead of having 2 lines of code, one to insert a new sheet and one t rename it, is there a way to insert a sheet with particular name i one go -- Matt Housto ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt Houston's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=451 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26717 ...

color-coding cells and more
Excel 97 / W98 Two easy questions. Is there a way to color-code a cell based on a condition, BUT not using Visual Basic Editor? That is, I want to change a cell based on a condition using the =IF(a,b,c) format. In the status bar, I have choices of SUM, Average, and a few others. Always opens with SUM as the default option. Can I change the default to 'Average?' -- Replace the AT in address Statistics convinces us we are in a minority. Probability convinces us we are psychic. Old guy wrote: > Is there a way to color-code a cell based on a condition, BUT not > ...

VBA??
Is there any way i can input certain numbers and they change to words. for example. 2001 Omagh 2002 Craigavon 2027 Housing Benefit 2036 IT Replacment any help please thanks monty If you mean you want to enter 2001 in cell A1 and have "Omagh" magically appear in its place when you hit the return key, I don't think it can be done. However, if you enter 2001 in cell A1 and have a VLOOKUP formula in cell B1, with reference data stored elsewhere in the sprdsht, that is easily done. Monty How many substitutes do you have? You are probably best to set up a separate table with ...