Using XL 2003 & 97

Would like hit Ctrl+Shift+V and have an answer either yes or no as to the
presence of Any VBA code in the Active Workbook.

I do know that about the VBA editor/Explorer or to press the Run Macro
button and get a list from various sources .

I would like to stay at the keyboard and process a series of macros
including one to let me know if I even need to evoke the VBA explorer.

TIA Dennis
0
Dennis (299)

There is no bootstrap macro to tell you whether you have macros
or not.  If there were there would be no limit to virus writers.
---
HTH,

"Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D773990-2F5C-4FEE-A7DF-1BEC9A7B11A1@microsoft.com...
> Using XL 2003 & 97
>
> Would like hit Ctrl+Shift+V and have an answer either yes or no as to the
> presence of Any VBA code in the Active Workbook.
>
> I do know that about the VBA editor/Explorer or to press the Run Macro
> button and get a list from various sources .
>
> I would like to stay at the keyboard and process a series of macros
> including one to let me know if I even need to evoke the VBA explorer.
>
> TIA Dennis

0
dmcritchie (2586)
11/12/2004 8:35:36 PM
Dave,

I did not think about the reason you gave.  Thanks for yout time and
knowledge.

Dennis

"David McRitchie" wrote:

> There is no bootstrap macro to tell you whether you have macros
> or not.  If there were there would be no limit to virus writers.
> ---
> HTH,
> David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel    [site changed  Nov. 2001]
>
> "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D773990-2F5C-4FEE-A7DF-1BEC9A7B11A1@microsoft.com...
> > Using XL 2003 & 97
> >
> > Would like hit Ctrl+Shift+V and have an answer either yes or no as to the
> > presence of Any VBA code in the Active Workbook.
> >
> > I do know that about the VBA editor/Explorer or to press the Run Macro
> > button and get a list from various sources .
> >
> > I would like to stay at the keyboard and process a series of macros
> > including one to let me know if I even need to evoke the VBA explorer.
> >
> > TIA Dennis

0
Dennis (299)

Generating bar code labels
How do I generate bar code labels for my merchandise (apparel)? Start with the label wizard (SO Manager - Wizards/Label Wizard) You can also create labels when you receive a PO, or from the item properties screen. A lot of the details of label printing are dependent on the printer you are using, so check out the areas above, then ask more detailed questions if you need to. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup s...

how do i save powerpoint presentation onto a flashdrive?
how do i save powerpoint presentation onto a flashdrive? Save it to your harddrive, then copy it to the flash drive. Saving directly to the flash drive is just asking for a corrupt presentation. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "theclearsolution" <theclearsolution@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:869E1487-656A-4204-A2E0-DB21387752B0@microsoft.com... ...

Built in excel 2007 formats via VBA
Does anyone know how to format a line using excel 2007 built in presets via vba, as the macro won't capture them? Thanks and regards, Mark To figure this out for yourself, see Case Study – Embedded and Linked Objects http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/vba/vba-embedded%20or%20linked%20objects.htm -- Tushar Mehta http://www.tushar-mehta.com Custom business solutions leveraging a multi-disciplinary approach In Excel 2007 double-click to format may not work; right click and select from the menu "mark Stephens" wrote: > Does anyone know how to format a line using excel 20...

Deleting blank records using code
I want to write a code that goes through a table and delete all blank rows. Is there a way to do this? If so, where do I get some information about it. Thanks Look in Access Help for Delete Query. HTH -- -Larry- -- "Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:778CBF36-D306-4BC3-9104-6994473129CC@microsoft.com... > I want to write a code that goes through a table and delete all blank rows. > Is there a way to do this? If so, where do I get some information about it. > > Thanks ...

see my code and help me..~ plz
CDC memDC; memDC.CreateCompatibleDC(NULL) I made memory dc with Parameter NULL, which means SYSTEM compatible DC as far as i know.. Because I can't use View's DC in my module that manipulate Bitmap.. And then I made CBitmap.. CBitmap bitmap; bitmap.CreateCompatibleBitmap(&memDC, 200,200); But What I noticed here is the bitmap that I've just created is 1bit bitmap, that is white-black bitmap.. I can not understand why.. I saw some source that manipulate bitmap like rotate.. stretch here.. That used same kind of memDC, which was created by the function CreateCompatibleDC wi...

Modifier/VBA related question
Hi How can we access a field added in a dex window through modifier using Dexterity? Or How can we access hided field of dex window in VBA? Thanks & Regards Pradeep M V Fields in a modified 3rd party window cannot be accessed from Dexterity. However with Version 9 SP1, these fields are accessable using VS tools. You can also access fields in a modified 3rd party window using VBA. In VBA, if the field is hidden, you need to first show the field, add it to VBA and then you can hide it again. Once the field is in VBA you can access it wether it is visible or not. Steve Hudson ...

Error code 2293 using windows live
I have an access 2003 database. within the database I click a button to send an email to the current record. This worked fine with Windows XP and Outlook Express but I get Error Code 2293 Database could send email using Windows 7 and Windows Live email. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks Dennis Dennis;111171 Wrote: > I have an access 2003 database. within the database I click a button to > send > an email to the current record. This worked fine with Windows XP and > Outlook > Express but I get Error Code 2293 Database could send email using > Windows ...

How do I programmatically select various ranges in vba?
From what I understand you must use Application.Union to combine large Range groups in vba to use in Excel. Somthing like... Dim BigRange as Range, R(10) as String R(1) = "1:1, 3:3" R(2) = "7:7, 20:20, 43:43" R(3) = "100:100" Set BigRange = Application.Union ( Range (R(1)), Range (R(2)), Range (R(3)) ) BigRange.Select Which is fine and dandy with just the 3, but if I had a hundred or so ranges how would I create a loop statment to combine the various ranges. *The ranges would contain the entire row of a wo...

Runtime import code problem
jst belowI am using ac2007 in W7. To allow users to import some tables, my code uses DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdImportAttachAccess. In my accdb file, It opens the import dialog box, the user selects a file, clicks Ok and then sees the Import Objects box with the list of objects to choose from. In the runtime accdr file, all goes the same until the last step. I see the dialog box, but there is no list of objects and no tabs for tables, forms etc. In center where should be list of objects it says Press CTrl_Break to stop. If ithas any relevance, what is Break? Any help is much a...

Problem saving PDF within VBA
I am trying to save a slide in pdf format using Powerpoint 2007. I am finding that it works on some machines but not others. The specifics are Powerpoint 2007, Adobe Reader 9.2. Here is the code: Set oTempPres = Presentations.Open("c:\Cert.pptx", WithWindow:=False) With oTempPres For x = .Slides.Count To 1 Step -1 If .Slides(x).SlideIndex <> currentSlide Then .Slides(x).Delete End If Next .SaveCopyAs "c:\Cert.pptx" .SaveAs FileName:="c:\Cert.pdf", fileformat:=ppSaveAs...

Viewing chart code
Is there a way to look at all the structure or code for a chart at once when I say code what I mean is like in the source data menu you ca select a series and the formulas for "Name" "Values" etc. is displaye for editing. an example is " VALUE = 'Xbar R PHASE MOD2'!$D$44:$L$44" Is there a way to display all the information for all the sources in table or ... ? It would make troubleshooting complex tables and massiv alterations much easier. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hammer - I don't know of a way that Excel does this...

Vba excel add tables & shapes in word
Working with Office 2007 i build a word document from within excel. I start with a empty document, and sets the size and orientation from excel. I can add tables and shapes to the first page. When adding to second page tables are placed correct, but shapes are placed on first page. How do i get the shapes intended for page 2 to appear on page 2? Thanks -- H. C. The .Shapes.AddShape method (as well as the other .AddXXX methods) has an optional argument named Anchor. In order to place the shape anywhere other than the top left corner of page 1, you must supply a Range as the value...

How to compact a database using macro or vba?
I have a DB tht loads a form when opened. I want to run a compact DB every time I open and close the DB. Is there a away to accomplis that using macro? ...

Bar Coding with GP10
We are looking to implement barcoding at our central warehouse. We use GP10 and would like some recomendations on vendors who could provide a solution for us. So far we have been given Accellos as a possible vendor. Is there anyone else out there that integrates with GP10? Thanks -- Craig Accellos has a few options for GP. It purchased two of the most popular: Radio Beacon and Maximum Data. -- Charles Allen, MVP "C Dunn" wrote: > We are looking to implement barcoding at our central warehouse. We use GP10 > and would like some recomendations on vendors who coul...

Questions about 'locating'-code
To move to specific record number on my form I use the following borrowed code (snippet): Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Set rs = Me.RecordsetClone rs.FindFirst "ID_address = " & fldSearch If Not rs.NoMatch Then Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark Else MsgBox ("ID-number not found") Exit Sub End If Set rs = Nothing I have a few questions about it: 1. Is there a shorter way of coding to move to a specific record in a form? 2. What does 'set rs = Nothing' actually do? What can happen if you omit it? Thanks, John You can do it in one line by operating directly on ...

vba question
hey, i have made a few custom functions using vba, is there a way i can save the code in a place where it can be accesses by any workbook i may be using. at the moment I can only save it to the workbook im in at the time and therefore only use it in that particular workbook. thanks --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Matt! Save it in your Personal.xls file or create an Addin. I'd go for the Addin approach as you can use an Addin to enrol your functions in the function list categories each time Excel is opened. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Austral...

whenever i want to edit the doc it says modification is not allow.
im unable to edit an existing document or want to write in a new document where it shows me at the buttom of the page "modification is not allow because selection is blocked" ! what should i do to unblock it as im also using the ms office trail version? Assuming that you have activated the application, it is almost certain that the trial version has now expired. You only get one trial so now is the time to buy. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP ...

When I try to save a item in Outlook it says "Not Implemented"
When I try to save a item in Outlook it says "Not Implemented" ...

VBA push to Excel issue
I have an MS Access database that outputs multiple tables to multiple preformatted worksheets on an Excel Template. The code loops through names and only outputs that person's data then saves the spreadsheet with that person's name. I am having an issue where the data looses it's format. For example, currency value formats switch to date formats. What is confusing is that it does this randomly in the field, not all values get their formats changed. I have stepped through the code and watched this happen. This is a headache for the user because this code produces over ...

Why can I not lock a cell throught code?
I have some code, whereby I am trying to lock a cell. I keep getting the message: Runtime error '1004': Unable to set the Locked property of the Range class. I dont know why this is happening. Can anyone help? Here is a sample of my code: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) CalculateDates End Sub Private Sub CalculateDates() 'Application.ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").Active Application.ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").Unprotect Application...

Music in Presentation
OK gang .. I have created a PowerPoint presentation with animation and sound on almost every slide .. no problem playing it back on my computer .. I have saved it as a PPS .. when I sent it out the receiver could see the slide animation but NO MUSIC! How do I save this or sent this so both animation and music can be viewed by the person I have sent it to? Please help. On 12/15/09 10:35 AM, in article 2BA6A847-5895-4A5F-8B73-4B33E2D6763A@microsoft.com, "Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > OK gang .. I have created a PowerPoint presentation with an...

present attributes instead of a name
Hello , Here is the code of the function I want to use: private TreeNode CreateTreeNodeFromXmlNode(XmlNode node) { TreeNode tmptreenode = new TreeNode(); if((node.HasChildNodes) && (node.FirstChild.Value != null)) { tmptreenode = new TreeNode(node.Name); TreeNode tmptreenode2 = new TreeNode(node.FirstChild.Value); tmptreenode.Nodes.Add(tmptreenode2); } else if(node.NodeType != XmlNodeType.CDATA) { tmptreenode = new TreeNode(node.Name); } return tmptreenode; } The problem is that insted of node.Name I want node.Attributes["name&...

Yes for Normal mode, no for Safe mode.....
....says the computer. Hello Everyone, It's been a while. I hope all is well. I've never encountered this one before. With the code 0x0000007B. The MS Knowledge base article says it could be a virus, a bad controller driver or third party software. In XP Home, sp 3 I mean. I scanned for viruses. I found some but now I believe they are gone. I even pulled out the drive and put it in another healthy pc as a second drive and scanned like that also. If it was a boot sector virus it would not boot at all, is that right? I did the scans in diagnostic startup from msc...

vba password
i have created a vba project in excel long back. Now i would like to add few modules now, how would i recover my forgotten password? please help me Search the internet, there are many free tools to recover passwords Even for VBA projects. Although most of them are limited in one way or another, and it could also take a long time if the password is long. -- Wigi http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music "Subbu" wrote: > i have created a vba project in excel long back. Now i would like to add few > modules now, how would i recover my forgotten password? plea...

what code pulls in contents of a cell in an Excel header/footer?
I want to put a code in a header/footer to pull in the contents of cell a1. I thought it was \A1, but this doesn't work, and I can't find any reference to how to do this. Ronny, To my knowledge, there's no code. But you can paste this into the ThisWorkbook module: Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Sheets("Sheet1").PageSetup.CenterHeader = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value End Sub To do that, get into the VBE (Alt - F11). Double-click the ThisWorkbook item in the Project manager, which should open a window for the code behin...