VBA ActiveCell Range

Hi All,

Can't do this simple bit of VBA.

Basically, due to various previous macros, you end up at a cell in th
worksheet. This cell varies, it could be any cell.

I want my macro to remember which cell this is, for instance, A20, suc
that I can then refer back to this cell later in the macro.

I cant do it. I feel such a fool!

Please help

df

When you have ended up at that cell, save a variable to it

    Set oldCell = Activecell

Later on you can then refer back to oldCell.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"dancing fish >" <<dancing.fish.12ga1f@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:dancing.fish.12ga1f@excelforum-nospam.com...
> Hi All,
>
> Can't do this simple bit of VBA.
>
> Basically, due to various previous macros, you end up at a cell in the
> worksheet. This cell varies, it could be any cell.
>
> I want my macro to remember which cell this is, for instance, A20, such
> that I can then refer back to this cell later in the macro.
>
> I cant do it. I feel such a fool!
>
> Please help
>
> df.
>

> ---

bob.phillips1 (6510)

Group / Ungroup Text Range
Hi - Have a template with a form in Word that is protected with Group (Under Developer ribbon). Also need to show spell check so I'm using Rich Text Boxes. To protect - selected the table they are in and used Group under the Developer ribbon. The user can click on a macro button and generate more of the same rich text boxes. (Kind of like an order form) I had to add font to the boxes because the print was coming out gray instead of black. The problem is I went to add font to the duplicate boxes and an error comes up: "Run-time error 4605. This method or property ...

Print, Merged Cells, and VBA

Have Linked Data Labels Adapt for an Expanded Range
I currently have a graph with data labels linked to cells in my worksheet. The only problem is that when I expand the range of the graph, all the data labels incorrectly shift. Is there anyway to have the labels adapt dynamically or at least stay linked to the correct data point? Adam Bush On Jul 24, 12:30=A0pm, adambush4...@hotmail.com <adambush4242hotmail...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I currently have a graph with data labels linked to cells in my worksheet= .. =A0 > The only problem is that when I expand the range of the graph, all the da= ta > labels incorrec...

VBA and Scheduled task in Outlook

VLOOKUP in VBA

vba select field

Turn pc speaker on/off with vba code

Excel and VBA
I am very interested in learning more about using VBA in office, especially Excel. Can you post some resources (online, books, etc) that can be used to help learn about using Visual Basic in office. Thanks! Here's a good place to start: http://www.contextures.com/xlbooks.html Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP "Bob Sinclair" wrote: > I am very interested in learning more about using VBA in office, especially > Excel. Can you post some resources (online, books, etc) that can be used to > help learn about using Visual Basic in office. >...

VBA Customization
Is there a way to get the name of the current company through VBA in Great Plains 8.0? Thanks for all your help. open GreatPlains. Add the current window, it will add the Toolbar then add fields choose the company name on the top left after the user id. >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to get the name of the current company through VBA in Great >Plains 8.0? > >Thanks for all your help. > > > >. > Thanks. I tried, but I couldn't add company name to the field list. It opens up the login screen instead. Any thoughts? Thanks again. "ger...

Form Controls vs VBA controls
I am new to VBA so just finding my feet, can anyone help me with th differences between an excel control (i.e. one from the form toolbox lets say a checkBox and a vba checkBox? From trying the two controls the I have noticed is that you canno capture the change event of the VBA checkbox in the code module, it ha to be done via the sheet (i.e. checkbox on sheet1, code goes in chang event on sheet1) the control is placed on, is this correct? What woul you do if you have three sheets with the same controls just differen data, do you really have to code the control 3 times? The excel control ho...

Run VBA without show
I want excel to run the VBA code without showing me what it is doing. Which code should i use for that? Sub RunWithoutShow() Application.ScreenUpdating = False 'Paste the vba code here 'end of code 'Change screenupdating property to true Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub I hope this helps... Selva V Pasupathy For more on Excel, VBA, & other Resources Please visit: http://socko.wordpress.com You may also (inserting into quote from code example bellow from Socko) Use Application.Visible property to hide the application entirely Sub RunWithoutShow() Appli...

Referencing a ComboBox in VBA
Hi, I am using Excel 2007. I want to run some code in my Workbook_Open() Sub that fills a combo box on one of my Worksheets (I will call it myCombo on mySheet). I tried the following code and it did not work: myCombo.Clear myCombo.AddItem "Item One" myCombo.AddItem "Item Two" myCombo.AddItem "Item Three" I assume that the problem is that within the Workbook_Open() Sub, the reference to myCombo is not valid. Can anyone tell me if/how I can get a valid reference to myCombo (on mySheet)? Thanks in advance, Paul Kraemer -- Paul Krae...

Rolling dynamic data range
I have 2 adjacent columns of data that my chart is based on. This data is continually expanding downwards. I want my chart to always reflect the bottom 10 rows of data without having to manually change the source references each time. Using a named worksheet range I can get it to dynamically start at the top and go to the bottom of the range, but cannot get it to start at the bottom and count back 10 rows. Hi Sue try the following dynamic range (assumption: no blank rows in between9: =OFFSET($A$1,COUNTA($A:$A)-10,0,10) define a name for this range and use this in your chart HTH Frank ...

inserting and renaming a sheet vba
Instead of having 2 lines of code, one to insert a new sheet and one t rename it, is there a way to insert a sheet with particular name i one go -- Matt Housto ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt Houston's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=451 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26717 ...

VBA??
Is there any way i can input certain numbers and they change to words. for example. 2001 Omagh 2002 Craigavon 2027 Housing Benefit 2036 IT Replacment any help please thanks monty If you mean you want to enter 2001 in cell A1 and have "Omagh" magically appear in its place when you hit the return key, I don't think it can be done. However, if you enter 2001 in cell A1 and have a VLOOKUP formula in cell B1, with reference data stored elsewhere in the sprdsht, that is easily done. Monty How many substitutes do you have? You are probably best to set up a separate table with ...

paste VALUES ONLY of range to next empty row on another sheet
Have 2 sheets, source and destination. Source has data linked from othe sheets (so there are formulas) and is updated frequently. I need t copy this data to the next empty record in the destination sheet (th values only, NO formulas) one by one, that is whenever i update th source sheet, i want to copy this to the destination sheet so i have permanent record of it. I can get this to work for a single record ( row), but not for multiple rows, even when i set the range to multipl rows (see comments in code)...any help appreciated! 'code modified from Ron de Bruin (http://www.rondebruin.n...

Using VBA to automatically add a new date to my table?
I would like to have my table (perhaps through a form) automatically add a new record with the date, every 24 hours, starting at midnight, 24/7/365 How do I do that? Also, And how do I search my username VWP1, because I tried searching users, typed in my VWP1 username, and no records were found? VWP1 On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 08:23:02 -0800, VWP1 <VWP1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to have my table (perhaps through a form) automatically add a >new record with the date, every 24 hours, starting at midnight, 24/7/365 >How do I do that? Why th...

Need VBA code that enters the F2 Key upon entering the Field
I am using Access 2000. I understand that simply by pressing the F2 key while the cursor is in that field, you can toggle Off and ON the highlighting for that field (textbox). Can someone explain the necessary VBA code to perform this action without the user's intervention? "nytwodees" <nytwodees@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E128AC11-3153-4A50-9873-F3BFACAC91B1@microsoft.com... >I am using Access 2000. > > I understand that simply by pressing the F2 key while the cursor is in > that > field, you can toggle Off and ON th...

Auto Calendars in VBA
Need to create a monthly schedule for work.To enter the dates (Numbers) into every other cell this is what I have so far Activecell.Select Activecell.Offset(0,2)=Activecell+1 I'm wondering is there an easier way to do this.Right now I have one module for the Year 2006 with sub's for each month.These will get called when form dropdown list show's that month. if frmMonth.cboMonth.Value="January" & frmMonth.cboYear.value="2006" then Call Year2006.Jan06 end if Is there an easier way to determine the today's date then creating Next month's c...

vba
salut j'ai une probleme sur vba que je n'arrive pas resoudre : j'ai un tableau de donnees (qui sont rentrees avec des userform). pour supprimer une ligne de ce tableau, j'ai cree un userform avec une liste deroulante dont la rowsource est la premiere colonne de mon tableau. je voudrais , en selectionnant une valeur ds cette liste, qu'elle soit selectionnee ds mon classeur excel pour que je puisse supprimer la ligne. merci de votre aide -- Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr ...

Testing for a Cell within a range
I an using a "Worksheet_Change" event. I want to test is "Target" is within a range of Cells. My range is K7:P7. I tried: If (Target.Address(False, False) >= Range("K7").Address(False, False) _ And Target.Address(False, False) <= Range("P7").Address(False, False)) When I click on a Cell within, K7 and P7, it get a true response. Good. But when I click on "M8", I also get a true response, Not good. What am I doing wrong? Thank you... IF Not Intersect(Target, Range("K7:P7") ) Is Nothing Then ...