vb--simple simple

hi,

anyone know how to copy a combobox selection to a specific cell b
using vb code in a command box

i cant see this in the userform.

i know you can do this with a normal combo box which is not in a for
but lost when in a userform

What's a "command box"?

Can you give an clear example of what you want to do?

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"stevieh >" <<stevieh.16v8yw@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
| hi,
|
| anyone know how to copy a combobox selection to a specific cell by
| using vb code in a command box?
|

| ---
| Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/

0
jrrech (1933)
5/26/2004 2:58:52 PM
in the form a command button would be pushed that would copy the dat
from the combo box (ie england) to a cell in the worksheet

does that help

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
    Range("A1").Value = ComboBox1.Value
End Sub

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"stevieh >" <<stevieh.16vcpx@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
| in the form a command button would be pushed that would copy the data
| from the combo box (ie england) to a cell in the worksheet
|
| does that help?
|

| ---
| Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/

0
jrrech (1933)

VB distmon?
Hi I have recently installed Office 2003. A couple of wired things happen in Excel: > Everytime I close the program I get a MS VB error that reads "Compile error in hidden module: Distmon" Every time open the program I get the same error, but the macro it is calling is "autoexecnew" > Since my new installation, I type in an simple function like TRIM and it tells me cannot find project library. any ideas? Thnaks! Alan Alan http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307410 OFF: "Compile Error in Hidden Module" Error Message When You Sta...

Excel VB
I have two cells in a workbook that are dates. The cell Start_Date has a valid date in it. The second cell Test_Date is either blank or has a valid date in it. The IsDate test on both cells works fine, however, on a blank cell the Month function extracts "12". Anyone know why? I had to put the month function within a test for IsDate to make it work. Seems like Month function on a blank cell should return something other than a 12. Dave Test code: If IsDate(Range("Start_Date")) Then 'Cell has 11/01/09 in it. MsgBox ("start date a d...

Cannot Add any window to VB
Hello: I'm using a VM with GP 10.0 SP3 installed. In order to have the same as our production databases i copy the GP folder, entirely, which i think it was a mistake now I'm getting a "This cannot be added to Visual Basic", whenever i try to add a window, any window, to VB. Also it goes without saying that there's a lot of load errors starting GP. For the record the copy/paste thing worked, sort of, and before you start thinking that i was insane to have done this, there's a reason behind it, There's been a lot of tweaks to our production server, by our p...

vb from VC++
Hi, is it possible, and if so, to call a Vb macro from VC++. Or manipulate spreadsheets (ie draw graphs from the data within the workbooks) usinbg MFC functions cheers Anthony Presumably you are referring to MS Excel spreadsheets and workbooks. The easiest method would be to import the appropriate type library (.tlb) provided with Excel, having the class wizard generate the classes, which you then use to access the Excel Automation model (that is the same model that Excel VBA uses). Some investigation may be needed to determine which tlb to use, and to make sure you have a basic understand...

A Simple Schema : What is wrong?
Hello, I have a simple schema as shown below. When I validate it, I get the error "Type 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:emptype' is not declared. An error occurred at , (6, 12)." *************** <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?> <xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xsd:element name="Employee"> <xsd:complexType> <xsd:sequence> <xsd:element name="Name" type="xsd:string" /> <xsd:element name="EmployeeType" type...

VB in Excel
In Excel I go into Visual Basic Editor, then Visual Basic Help, but when I type 'Passwords' for example it will bring up a list of related items, but some of them you can't select. Does this mean the installation CD is corrupt and hasn't installed all the components? I have reinstalled and repaired the installtion but to no avail. Any ideas anyone? Help! Thanks ...

VB.Net program to create XML file
I need to create an xml file from a VB program using fields returned from an sql query. I have a template that was provided for me and need to use verbatim. Since this is just a text file, I gather that I can just write out the file with all of the tags, etc., and name it .xml. Assuming that is correct what I might want to do is create a template so that if this file changes the names of the elements, all I have to do is change the template and if more elements get added I can then add them. Is there a tool that can do this for me? If I have to create one, any suggestions as to what I ...

Simple Questions
Hello 1- How do I make my spreadsheet have its grids non-visible? 2- How do I make (at the same time) a certain cell write protected as well as if someone clicks on it then its border does not get focus (meaning: you know when you click on a cell, then its border lines weight get larger as to tell you that this is the cell that you have chosen, but I don't want this focus feature, I want it to look like as if it is a webpage, and you know when you glick on any work on a webpage it doesn't get any focus)? -- cgi_pro -----------------------------------------------------------------...

Help with a 'simple' (prob!!) formular
I have date figures in A col and sales amounts in B - i want to identify trends. I want to formulate this; if a sales was between 1st and last day of month x and between �3001 and �4000 count 1 ie i want to be able to see how many sales between two figures and two dates there were i am really stuck on this one! - paulrobertmee@ukonline.co.uk ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I sent you a file that should accomplish what you are trying to do. "me...

VB++ Exe zum Ansprechen einer VB ActiveX DLL
Hallo zusammen. Ich ben�tige eine EXE, welche in einer DOS-Box mit Parametern aufgerufen wird und das Ergebnis auch wieder in dieser DOS-Box zur�ckbringt. Mit VB ist dies leider nicht zu machen. Nun weiss ich zwar das dies mit einer VC++ Exe geht, bin aber leider C Neuling. Kann mir dazu jemand ein Beispiel posten ? Die C++ Exe soll einen auf der Commandozeile �bergebenen String (das sind die ganzen Parameter) an eine Funktion einer VB ActiveX DLL �bergeben. Das Ergebnis soll dann von der ActiveX DLL an die C++ Exe zur�ckgegeben werden und in der selben DOS-Box angezeigt werden. Hoffe es k...

VB Script
Hi all, I need a VB script code to verify whether a specific Local user ID on a remote machine, in workgroup, is having a specific password. For instance I need to check whether target machine consists a local user "DSADMIN" 's password set to "Pa55word". If the target machine consists this user account and the password is also correct then it should return TRUE else it should return FALSE (or something similar). Below code tries to reset the password on target machine by providing same old and new password, if it fails that means the password set on target...

Sumproduct in VB
I want to be able to use the sumproduct function in code to calculate some fairly complex formulas. Within the sumproduct function I'm trying to use a selection critera. The range "Wave" is a named range. This works fine in a regular worksheet function. It multiplies the cells in columns A and B where Wave = 2. =sumproduct(--(Wave=2),$A$1:$A$100,$B$1:$B$10) In VB I have the function below, which surprisingly works just fine as written. For now ignore X... Function mytest(X as Variant, rng1 as Variant, rng2 as Variant) as double mytest = Applicatio...

VB Macro to VB Application
I have a VB macro. I want to move it to a VB application, using my VS 2008. I don't know how to get the Application to run against an Excel Worksheet. Can someone help? Thanks "JCO" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:%23GDVlhxBLHA.4308@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have a VB macro. I want to move it to a VB application, using my VS >2008. If you mean a VBA macro then moving it to VB is usually pretty easy but VS 2008 is not VB, it is VB.Net, and that's a very different language. This group is for VB 6 and earlier versions and doesn...

How can I read NTbackup BKF files using VB .Net pls?
Hello, I want to write a utility to extract files from backups in BKF format created by NTBackup. Does anyone know please if there are any libraries or built-in functions to open BKF files in VB .Net? Thanks, - Alan. Hello, I have the same problem Did you find any solution ? Thanks Pascal frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb/How-can-I-read-NTbackup-BKF-files-using-VB-Net-pls ...

Retreive emails Using MAPI in VB using Outlook 2003
Till outlook 2000 we had a way to retrieve emails by Reconfiguring Mail Support. Clicking the Corporate or Workgroup option you can download mails from a VB application automatically using MAPI and other Outlook objects without ever opening Outlook. This doesnot happen in Outlook 2003 and there is no option like this to set. Can any one please help me. Thanking you. John Supakin. Hi John, Outlook 2003 is already in "Corporate" mode, and MAPI subsystem is always installed even if you use Pop3/Smtp account only. MAPI spooler is integrated into Outlook 2002 / Outlook 2003 (it...

XML serialization of custom collection class in VB
I have a custom collection ... clFile that INHERITS from NameObjectCollectionBase the problem is, when I try to create an xmlserializer instance i get an error You must implement a default accessor on brWAP.clFile because it inherits from ICollectio I must be having a thick day because I dont have a clue what the error message means. (I have written a defaut property called ITEM in the clFile class 'Classes to abstract a FILE entity that is persisted in the databas Imports System.Xml.Serializatio Imports dalWAP.dalWA 'A worker class to get the data from the Database and save it b...

Help with a simple formula #2
I'm new and trying to learn Excel so please excuse the simple questions. I want to create a formula on a spread sheet that will subtract the number that I will put in a new cell every month from a cell that never changes. This cell - with the answer - sits below the spreadsheet. PghPatti If I understand you correctly, you will need 3 cells. One cell, say A1, is the cell that never changes. The second cell, say B1, is the cell into which you type a number. The third cell, say C1, is the cell that has the answer of the second cell subtracted from the first cell. In the third cel...

Performance indicator
Hi, I would appreciate someone's help on getting the following macro correct in the way I would like it to perform. I have a file which measures key elements for eg. Revenue, net etc... What the macro does - Plan/Budget figures for the full year are mentioned in Col D. Actual figures are entered in col DE, DF, and DG titled Jan., Feb., and Mar., The Actual figures are added in Col DC titled YTD (performed by the Macro). The Actual figures are annualised and compared to Plan. A horizontal bar is created either in Green, Yellow or Red depending on the performance. A vertical line showin...

VB Drag and Drop in DataGridView?
All, Pardon the cross-post. I've used other (C#) code snippets found around here to try to implement drag-n-drop in a DataGridView, to give the user a way to sort the data in the grid. I'm mostly there - I am able to drag, see the cursor change to drag, and when I let go, the row I dragged leaves it's original spot. Problem is, it "drops" into a black hole. Here's the line I'm trying to "drop" with; TBL_TimersDataGridView.Rows.Insert(RowIndexOfItemUnderMouseToDrop, RowToMove) The full code is below. Can anyone tell me what I...

syntax question
Given the following code (found on this site..) With ActiveSheet.Range("B:B") Set FoundCell = .Find(what:="whatever", _ after:=.Cells(.Cells.Count), _ LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt:=xlPart, _ SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, _ MatchCase:=False) End With How do I tell VB to look in Cell H1 for the what:="whatever" ? ie. I want to use the value found in the Cell H1 not the text "whatever" I've tried every co...

Formula--rather simple one
The formula is adding and subtracting numbers across the rows. The problem is that when "some" of the cells containing numbers that are included in the formula are deleted, changed--the result of the formula does not change. For instance, the number in cell BW is deleted and nothing happens. Is there something wrong with the way this formula is set up? Could there be corrupt data? =+B10+SUM(C11:CJ11)-SUM(CL11:FE11) -- Wanda Garner Highmark Blue Shield Press "F9"... does the value change now? If so, you have automatic calculation turned off... <Tools><...

While in excel calling VB (ALT+F11) & the VB Help (F1) to do a search
Hey guys, I seemed to be stumped by something one of my users notice while in the help file. When we go to "Index" and the do a keywor search for "database" for example, it brings down a list of 143 topic to choose from. The problem is that out of the 143 topics listed, i you click on many of them no information pops up on the right hand sid of the window. Examples of topics that don't work are "CreateRelatio Method", "ReplicaID Property", "RegisterDatabase Method", "Valu Property", "TableDefs Collection", etc. etc. Has ...

Simple display problem...
I don't use excel that much but somehow when I run it the edit bar (not sure if that is the right name...the area where you can type text in at the top when you click on a cell) is not visible...I've gone through all of the properties that I can think of but I can't find where I can turn that back on...I need to be able to click on a cell and edit the values in the text area up in the menu...any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks Doug -- Doug Swanson Tools > Options > View tab Under Show: Check "Formula bar" > OK (it's probably unchecked) hth M...

Simple non-VBA way to delete table contents before append?
Greetings again! Is there a simple way using standard Access mechanisms to clear existing records out of a table before appending new ones to it with a one-step (to the user) operation? Am familiar with VBA but would prefer a non-programming solution if available. This would seem like a very normal sequence. Thanks! George Run a delete query. Personally I would do that in VBA, but if you want the user to select the right query in the querys tab and run it that would work too. In the Click event procedure of a button, it would be: dbEngine(0)(0).Execute "DELETE FROM [Table1]...

Outlook 2003
I'm using an Access Database to send out notices to customers about orders processing. However, when I initiate this, it has created an error with the new Office 2003 about the command "item.send" in Visual Basic. I'm not a programming 'guru', so I don't know how to by-pass this message. Otherwise I have to hit the YES button like 500+ times a day...and that's just not feasible. Does anyone know a method around this through Outlook? Chuck Since you didn't post the original message, we have no idea what problem you are having. When replying to ...