VB Script to copy incremental data from one sheet of workbook to o

Hi,
I am looking for a script that can copy the incremental data in existing
sheet to another sheet in the same workbook, just want to copy the
incremental data of 3 column, i.e. column A,B and S of the existing sheet. I
am using excel 2007

Hi,

What is 'incremental data' and how do we recognise it and distinguish it
from other data in those columns?

--
Mike

question.

"Samarth" wrote:

> Hi,
> I am looking for a script that can copy the incremental data in existing
> sheet to another sheet in the same workbook, just want to copy the
> incremental data of 3 column, i.e. column A,B and S of the existing sheet. I
> am using excel 2007

Data Validation #19
I am trying to apply validation to a range of cells which must be both 12 characters in length as well as in upper case to be accepted. Can anyone help Please I assume you want *only* the uppercase characters A - Z. No numbers, no spaces, no punctuation characters. =AND(LEN(A1)=12,SUM(LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,CHAR(ROW(INDIRECT("65:90"))),"")))=LEN(A1)) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "CTC" <CTC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EE80F49-7ADB-487A-8458-49051F2DC5BA@microsoft.com... >I am trying to apply validation to a range of cells...

SQL_Login script error, wrong arguments to system 1339
I've got a consultant who does demos for our clients. She has SQL server 2005 installed on her machine as a named instance and GP 9.0. When she logs into her machine on the local machine account (not domain), she doesn't have any problems (also, all the software was installed under this account). When she logs into the domain account and tries to login to GP, she gets an error message: "Unhandled script exception: Wrong number of arguments passed to system 1339 from script 'SQL_Login' ...." The same ODBC source is used in both cases, but under the domain she get...

working with 2 workbooks
Hi Guys, I am wanting to work with data from 2 seperate workbooks. Workbook One is a template with data stored to specific cells that want to access in workbook 2. Sort of like: ='[TPA v6.1 DEC03.xls]Consolidated'!$D$64 My problem is that 'TPA v6.1 DEC03.xls' is not always the name of th first workbook. TPA v6.1 DEC03.xls is the template but when saved by users they ca name this anything they want. My question is can the workbook (in this case TPA v6.1 DEC03.xls) be variable that the user enters. AND does the workbook have to be open or can the user be prompted to ent...

VB distmon?
Hi I have recently installed Office 2003. A couple of wired things happen in Excel: > Everytime I close the program I get a MS VB error that reads "Compile error in hidden module: Distmon" Every time open the program I get the same error, but the macro it is calling is "autoexecnew" > Since my new installation, I type in an simple function like TRIM and it tells me cannot find project library. any ideas? Thnaks! Alan Alan http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307410 OFF: "Compile Error in Hidden Module" Error Message When You Sta...

How do I convert copy and paste from web to data.
The Abbey in its infinite wisdom chooses not to give their credit card customers the same options as they do their current account customers. Specifically they do not allow their credit card customers the ability to download their statements. The only way I can get this info electronically is to copy and paste from my browser to an Excel spreadsheet. Unfortunately what you get doing this is not data that can be manipulated! Does any know how I can convert what you get from this to meaningful data that can be summed etc? Thanks. Chris. P.S. I have asked for this basic facility, but appare...

Cannot read data from server easily?
Hi I use ASP, SQL server with a EdgaCam database (that is a CNC tool) when I read data, I need to read out the fields in the right order, otherwise they are empty, such as: rsJob.open="select job.[description],job.[comment],job.[sequence], job.[nc file], job.[revision],ListJobStatus.[job status],ListJobStatus. [color], job.[history], job.[Location], job.[programmer] from job LEFT JOIN ListJobStatus ON job.[list job status]=ListJobStatus.ID where job. [cam file] like '"+request("part")+"' order by 1" field0=rsjob.fields(0).value f...

Post Script Print Driver
I need to build a post script print driver that pulls an xml manifest from a server on our intranet and then displays custom options in the print dialog. In other words, I need to customize an area of a post script print driver dialog box to collect user info, before sending the print job and of course send the collected variables along with the print job. How do you suggest I go about this? Are there any drivers in the wdk I should use as the base code? One more thing I should mention.. I am a senior C# coder, I have never built a driver before, and I realize I must learn C...

Linking 2 workbooks
What is the formula/procedure to link an entry in a Source workbook to an identified name in another workbook? Example: Sam makes numerous donations over time that are entered into the main spreadsheet. Entry of a given donation should automatically appear as a separate entry in his own identified workbook. ...

return values from an array based on more than one criteria
I have an array that has components as the top row and products as the first column. I want to be able to create a list for n aay given product of the components contained in it, there could be several, i.e. say the product is flange assembly, it contains a flange bolts, nuts and washers, the row of components has not only these components but sockets, elbows and tees. Any ideas on how this can be done? Any help would be greatly appreciated! John, What is present in the intersection of the row and column to indicate that the component is used in the product? And shorten...

Excel VB
I have two cells in a workbook that are dates. The cell Start_Date has a valid date in it. The second cell Test_Date is either blank or has a valid date in it. The IsDate test on both cells works fine, however, on a blank cell the Month function extracts "12". Anyone know why? I had to put the month function within a test for IsDate to make it work. Seems like Month function on a blank cell should return something other than a 12. Dave Test code: If IsDate(Range("Start_Date")) Then 'Cell has 11/01/09 in it. MsgBox ("start date a d...

Copying cell data automatically?
If you want something from cell (A) to appear in cell (B) and be dependent on the first cell, i.e, when cell A text changes so does cell B, how do I do that? It depends You can use an IF statement =IF(A1=1,"Something","SomethingElse") Or if there are many different inputs you can create a table somewhere A One B Two C Three And use VLOOKUP HTH PC "Acurran" <Acurran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50C72329-771C-45E4-8945-E5EB71C5BDCB@microsoft.com... > If you want something from cell (A) to appear in cell (B) and ...

how to copy or move controls between forms or from form to Tab con
I am trying to set up a more user friendly user interface for my database. I have a main "switchboard" that opens on startup with buttons that open other Sub "switchboards" based on subjects with more buttons to do stuff like open reports, run queries Ect.. Ive ended up with a mess of these "switchboard" forms and all of this me!close and Visible=false stuff to manage them and my users are rightfully confused if menus just dissappear without the classic IE "Back" Button.. so i would like to migrate to a tabbed control on my main "s...

flipping chart data
I have two charts, both pointing to one sheet for data. On this sheet, I have two sets of tables with dates going from (L) most current to (R) oldest. One of my charts is displaying the information in the opposite direction, (L) oldest to (R) most current. The other one is displaying the same as the table. My question is, how the heck did I get the one chart to display the opposite from the table, as I need the other chart to display that way as well. Help! : ) Kyli - Double click the axis that is going the wrong way, then select the Scale tab. Check the Categories in Reverse O...

backing up Excel workbooks.
At work we have several extensive Excel worksheets. Is there a way to automatically create a backup of these files? Thanks ahead of time for any help in this matter. Primepixie Here is what I use in addition to the autosave feature Sub Backup() 'kept in personal.xls & assigned to toolbar button On Error GoTo BackupFile MkDir CurDir & "\Backup" BackupFile: With ActiveWorkbook MyWB = .Path & "\BACKUP\" & .Name .SaveCopyAs MyWB .Save End With End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Primepixie" <Primepi...

View mailbox size script
Does anyone have a script to view the mailbox size for a single mailbox on an Exchange 2003 server? Is there a way for help desk personal to run this script without using the exchange admin credentials? I have seen the script located at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320071 and it works great with admin rights, I am wondering if there is a way for the help desk personnel to run this. Thanks ...

CRM 4.0 Data Migration Configuration
I finally was able to get the Data Migration Manager to install and connect to the database, but when I try to launch it, I'm getting an message that the "Data Migration Manager encountered an error while setting up the temporary migration database." I saw the note in the readme file about deleting the registry entry and restarting the manager, but that didn't work. The temporary database appears to have been created on the server where I'm running SQL Server. Does anyone have a suggestion about something I should check? -- -Jim I am having exactly the same pr...

vb from VC++
Hi, is it possible, and if so, to call a Vb macro from VC++. Or manipulate spreadsheets (ie draw graphs from the data within the workbooks) usinbg MFC functions cheers Anthony Presumably you are referring to MS Excel spreadsheets and workbooks. The easiest method would be to import the appropriate type library (.tlb) provided with Excel, having the class wizard generate the classes, which you then use to access the Excel Automation model (that is the same model that Excel VBA uses). Some investigation may be needed to determine which tlb to use, and to make sure you have a basic understand...

When I open a workbook, another one called Book1 is also opened. W
This Book1 becomes the current book. If I go to Window on the toolbar I can switch to my correct workbook. Why is this Book1 being opened? I can cure it by closing Book1, then saving my correct workbook, then closing that one. The next time I open my workbook, Book1 has disappeared. Do you mean two different sheets within the same workbook? "Ian@MarlandLtd" wrote: > This Book1 becomes the current book. If I go to Window on the toolbar I can > switch to my correct workbook. Why is this Book1 being opened? I can cure it > by closing Book1, then saving my correct workbo...

Cannot Add any window to VB
Hello: I'm using a VM with GP 10.0 SP3 installed. In order to have the same as our production databases i copy the GP folder, entirely, which i think it was a mistake now I'm getting a "This cannot be added to Visual Basic", whenever i try to add a window, any window, to VB. Also it goes without saying that there's a lot of load errors starting GP. For the record the copy/paste thing worked, sort of, and before you start thinking that i was insane to have done this, there's a reason behind it, There's been a lot of tweaks to our production server, by our p...

Two Calculations in one cell?
Is it possible to have 2 separate calculations in one cell? I have a summary Table on one Sheet which gets its values from two other sheets. D E F G H I 2000/1 2001/2 2002/3 2003/4 2004/5 20 Bonus: Area 15 11 10 6 10(2) 21 Bonus: National 28 29 63 22 39(5) 22 Voucher : Area 22 52 84 54 52(7) 23 Voucher : National 36 7 25 21 17(3) 24 Team ...

Converting crosstab data to a list
Hi, I'm struggeling to find an efficient way of converting data that are stored in a crosstable format to an excel list. Anyone any solutions? Thanks in advance. Hi! Can you describe precisely how your crosstab is organised? Al -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com To normalize data that's in a crosstab format, you can use the "unpivot' technique described by John Walkenbach: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip068.htm Igor, Annet, Linda & Ramon wrote: > I'm struggeling to find an efficient way of converting data that are stored > ...

Copy and rename a sheet
Hi I'm trying to copy the active sheet via VBA and renaming it according to a cell value found in a master data sheet. The sheet that is copied is to be placed after the originalsheet (orgsh). I use the following code: Set orgSh = ActiveSheet Set newSh = ActiveSheet.Copy(After:=ActiveSheet) newSh.Name = "Week" & " " & Sheets("Stamdata").Range("A4").Value But I get an error referring to line 2. Can you help? Thank you Ticotion I use this code in some of my Workbooks. Sub Copy ActiveSheet.Copy After:=ActiveShee...

VB in Excel
In Excel I go into Visual Basic Editor, then Visual Basic Help, but when I type 'Passwords' for example it will bring up a list of related items, but some of them you can't select. Does this mean the installation CD is corrupt and hasn't installed all the components? I have reinstalled and repaired the installtion but to no avail. Any ideas anyone? Help! Thanks ...

How to show data between two dates?
I have a list of tenants and the dates they moved in and out of their flats. I need to show which weeks within a specific period that the flats were filled - either by showing the tenants intials or a tick. A B C D E F G H Unit No Client Start End 04-01 11-01 18-01 25-01 1 JB 23-11 06-02 JB 2 GK 05-01 GK GK GK GK 3 LB 01-12 28-02 LB LB LB LB Does anybody know how is best to do this? We've tried using an IF formula but it doesn't work if their is a start and end date. ...

VB.Net program to create XML file
I need to create an xml file from a VB program using fields returned from an sql query. I have a template that was provided for me and need to use verbatim. Since this is just a text file, I gather that I can just write out the file with all of the tags, etc., and name it .xml. Assuming that is correct what I might want to do is create a template so that if this file changes the names of the elements, all I have to do is change the template and if more elements get added I can then add them. Is there a tool that can do this for me? If I have to create one, any suggestions as to what I ...