Vanishing Control Toolbox Command Buttons

I have recently had my work PC upgraded from Windows NT to XP, and am now
using Excel 2003 rather than 97.

A spreadsheet I use each day contains a number of command buttons (from the
control toolbox menu rather than forms). When I open this spreadsheet I
cannot see the buttons. If I click on where the buttons are they still work,
and I can still see the code behind them, but I cannot see the buttons
themselves.

Similarly if I try to create a new command button - or indeed any control -
from the control toolbox I get the same problem. But again I am able to
create buttons from the forms toolbar with no problem.

I'm guessing some setting is wrong somewhere, but I have no idea which one!
I'd be grateful if anyone could assist.

Thanks.
0
Fritz24 (1)

"Fritz24" wrote:

> I have recently had my work PC upgraded from Windows NT to XP, and am now
> using Excel 2003 rather than 97.
>
> A spreadsheet I use each day contains a number of command buttons (from the
> control toolbox menu rather than forms). When I open this spreadsheet I
> cannot see the buttons. If I click on where the buttons are they still work,
> and I can still see the code behind them, but I cannot see the buttons
> themselves.
>
> Similarly if I try to create a new command button - or indeed any control -
> from the control toolbox I get the same problem. But again I am able to
> create buttons from the forms toolbar with no problem.
>
> I'm guessing some setting is wrong somewhere, but I have no idea which one!
> I'd be grateful if anyone could assist.

Presumably, your company's helpdesk couldn't figure it out.  Have you tried
looking at the properties for the control to see if there's anything which
may cause the invisibility?
0
bigwheel926 (227)
6/7/2005 12:20:01 PM
I always thought that this kind of problem was more of a
windows/graphics/display problem.

Sometimes, I can minimize the worksheet window and then maximize it and the
controls are back.

Sometimes, I can minimize the application and then maximize it and that works,
too.

Sometimes, closing and reopening works.

But if I have my choice, I'll use the objects from the Forms toolbar.  They seem
to behave much better on a worksheet.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Signature Button and Insert Signature Missing
Outlook 2002 SP3 in Exchange 2003/SBS 2003/XP Pro SP2 environment. On one PC only there is no insert signature button or Insert Signature Menu Item. Google search found squat, Any ideas, please? That's perfectly normal if Word is the email editor. If you are using = Word as your email editor (aka WordMail), you will not have an Insert | = Signature command like the regular Outlook editor. If you want to be = able to insert a signature into a WordMail message manually, you can = create an AutoText entry for each signature. You can then insert them = with the Insert | AutoText comman...

Put control above all other
Hi, Iam trying to make one window appear always above other in my dialog. I need it to my custom combobox. I know I can do it the way standard comboboxes are done, but maybe this is not the only possible approach. Currently Iam making my listbox (drop down list) to be child of desktop window. Iam a bit confused by how z-order of controls works, I thought that if I use BringWindowToTop() then this window should be rendered above all others, but actually this does not happen. Any hints would be very welcome. thanks. Hey Martin, The method I would use to use overlapping is as follows....

REQ: Stopping RUN commands from clearing
OS: WinXpPro SP3 Build 2600 Is there any way to stop Windows from clearing my RUN command lines from clearing when I reboot? TIA Donchano wrote: > OS: WinXpPro SP3 Build 2600 > > Is there any way to stop Windows from clearing my RUN command lines > from clearing when I reboot? TIA Windows doesn't clear the Run command history by itself, you must have used another tool to enable this. Maybe you enabled this with TweakUI or something like CCleaner? John On Jan 13, 7:48=A0am, John John - MVP <audetw...@nbnot.nb.ca> wrote: > Donchano wrote: >...

Application button intermittently disappears from task bar on load.
Hi all, I'm using windows xp. When I first load my application, the button occasionaly disappears from the task bar. If I use alt-tab to bring focus back to the app, the button reappears and becomes normal. The program is written using MFC. Any ideas what might be going on? Thanks in advance, Craig I don't think MFC has anything to do with it. However, note that dialog based applications do have their own OnPaint handler for minimized mode that draws an icon, and if something goes wrong here you might see some problems with the drawing. This would not be an MFC problem, but ...

the file vanishes!
....I hope someone can shed some light on what may be not a Word problem. Simply, I was typing away in Word 2002 when the computer made a small noise and - my file disappeared. Word stayed open but the doc was gone. This happened on a new Acer Aspire N270 Netbook with a 1gb Atom processor and 160gb HD. The Word isn't the one it came with on trial but one I installed. At the time the battery wasn't installed. I'm told that if you run it with the adapter and house current while the battery is fully charged, the life of the Li-on battery is reduced. However, I don'...

Commands on a switchboard...
I'm looking for information about switchboards and what each command can do for me. I looked through other posts and found sites that are hard to navigate for information... I just need to know how and when to use each command to build my own functional switchboard. There are two kinds of switchboards that I know of. One kind is a form where you add command buttons. The commands will be what ever you put by calling a macro, building an event expression, or code module. The other is built by a wizard function in Access and uses a table named 'Switchboard Items' that cont...

Building Tree Control
Hi, I have encounter problem while building a tree control using VC++ 6.0. My tree control data derived from 2 CRecordset, m_prodet & m_procom. Primary key for both is product_component_ID m_procom (Parent) contain info (Product_Component_Name) that need to retrieve. Deck Tendon Falsework m_prodet (Child) contain info (Product_Detail_Name) that need to retrieve. Deck_A Deck_B Tendon_A Tendon_B False_A False_B I need my tree output/result to be like this Deck Deck_A Deck_B Tendon Tendon_A Tendon_B Falsework False_A False_B How can I do it. My code below only allows me to show ...

Need to write Usb Host driver for New Host Controller in WinCE5.0
Hai, In our new Host controller hardware, we need to write a HC driver in wince 5.0. I dono how to start. If you have any sample source code, mail me the same. ---Julie. Hi Julie, Sample source code is included with Windows CE for most drivers - for sample USB HCD code, see the following directory: C:\WINCE500\PUBLIC\COMMON\OAK\DRIVERS\USB\HCD best regards, Rik A Hai Ulrich & Rik, >>If your hardware conforms to the UHCI/OHCI/EHCI standards, This is different from Standard OHCI/UHCI/EHCI. It is our own Host controller. >>I believe the drivers are even...

how to display a activex control to toolbar?
i want to display a mfc activex control on toolbar, how to do? thanks The articel below shows how to add any control in a toolbar. THat will be a good start: http://www.codeguru.com/article.php/c2547 Another easy option might be to use a CDialogBar, which is based on a dialog template. It might be easy to add ActiveX to a dialog instead. --- Ajay ...

Custom Command Bars
I've figured out a way to add custom commands to the ROWS or CELLS commandbars, but I only seem to be able to add one. Can someone help me figure out how to add multiple custom commands to one of those command bars? Thanks, Barb Reinhardt Hi, Copie this in a general module It's working in Excel 2003 and Excel 2007 '----------------------------- Sub test() Dim MBar As CommandBar Set MBar = Application.CommandBars("Column") 'OR 'Set MBar = Application.CommandBars("Row") With MBar With .Controls.Add .BeginGroup...

Is there a way to get the list command on the data toolbar?
I don't have list on my data toolbar. Is there a download for that or do I have to pay for it? I need it for a homework assignment. Thanks You need to use xl2003. That means you need to buy the newer version (or explain it to the instructor). Maybe he or she will let you slide on this section. cbuskirk20 wrote: > > I don't have list on my data toolbar. Is there a download for that or do I > have to pay for it? I need it for a homework assignment. > > Thanks -- Dave Peterson ...

Vanishing borders ?
I'm a long time Publisher user and recently have been experiencing a problem with vanishing borders. It doesn't happen all the time but when it happens it's like ruthless! It happens with text boxes, images, shapes,and sometimes just simple lines and I can't seem to put my finger on the precise setting or situation(s) that trigger the problem. The typical way the probblem manifests is like I select an object, set a black border color from the tool bar, then select a border thickness and everything looks and prints as expected .... BUT, if I save and close the file an...

Delegating Control
Hi everyone, I'm running Exchange Server 2003 with about 12 Outlook 2003 clients and I want them to be able see when the other is available/free. I've found out that you can assign permissions to other users for accessing your personal folders by going into Options on each machine with Outlook 2003 and going to the delegates tab. My question is, how can I say who I want to be able what from my Exchange server? I figured that if I had 120 employess, it would be a huge pain to go physically to each machine control access permission, rather than just saying that "Sue is ...

Environmental Commands?
I'm somewhat new to Excel and want to do the following: =IF(A2=B2, copy file named file1.txt to file2.txt, "") Is there anyway to do that copy command in this kind of situation? Thanks! Scott Ghiz www.SGSystems.com one way is to try this Public Sub fileopening() If Range("a2") = Range(" b2") Then Workbooks.Open ("c:\my documents\book2.xls") ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs "c:\my documents\book3.xls" End Sub On 2 Mar 2005 17:38:41 -0800, Gunkie <scott@ghiz.org> wrote: > I'm somewhat new to Excel and want to do the following: &...

There is no "send" button on my email page.
When I attempt to configure email address to correct (no send button) problem; I find no option under tools to do it. Can anyone help me with this? Are you in the Inbox, New Message, or Contacts? Each section has a different toolbar. Send is a default button when you click on New Message. Is that where your Send button is missing? Wenzelenergy wrote: > When I attempt to configure email address to correct (no send button) > problem; I find no option under tools to do it. Can anyone help me with > this? Only if you post your Outlook version and the mail account type you will b...

Problem with transform XSL that incude asp.net controls and validation controls!!!! #2
Please help me. I have problem with transform xml Protected WithEvents GeneralXMLWeb As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Xml Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load Dim xmldoc As New XmlDocument() xmldoc=result of Function() * GeneralXMLWeb.Document = xmldoc Dim treeView As XslTransform = New XslTransform() treeView.Load(Server.MapPath("file.xslt")) GeneralXMLWeb.Transform = treeView ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- ("file.xslt&qu...

Date/Time Control
Does anyone know how to add time-selecting capability to Stephen Lebans' calendar control? ...

Updating subform control based on another control value in the SAME subform.
Greetings, Calculated result is a field that is updated based on the two other fields, this is done in the subforms query and as based on an expression cannot be overtyped (which is good!). All I want to do is once a value appears in the field is to populate another field (see code below). Runs without errors but see no results. Any help would be appreciated. Private Sub CalculatedResult_AfterUpdate() Dim CResult As Integer CResult = Me.CalculatedResult.Value Me.ActualResult.Value = CResult Me.ActualResult.Requery End Sub Thanks Rob SOLVED "Rob W" <Whllrob@aol.com&g...

UPDATE COMMAND UI doesn't update!
Hi, i'm writing an application with MSVC++ 6 in which i use a simple context menu,but i've got a problem with this code: void CGraphD::OnUpdateSubmenu(CCmdUI* pCmdUI) { pCmdUI->Enable(TRUE); if(m_bLegenda) pCmdUI->SetCheck(1); else pCmdUI->SetCheck(0); } It doesn't work,because i can't see the check.Moreover, if i write: pCmdUI->Enable(FALSE); The corresponding line is disabled,but still visible,so i suppose it's a visualization problem. Can you help me?Thanks in advance! Have you given MF_CHECKED/MF_UNCHECKED while appending the menu items? or if...

Printing from a control button
I am trying to get a WorkBook to print from a user Form Control Button. I am not exactly sure how to get the Print Dialog Box to come up, so I can choose the printer, Print Rage, Print What, Number of Copies & Print Preview. The Name of the WorkBook will Change each time, I am not sure how to acomplish this task. Control Button = Print_Eng_Spec_12_Click() This is the save method I am using, So you can see what information is being saved as the Workbook Name. ' Save Eng Spec 11 Control Button Private Sub Save_Eng_Spec_11_Click() Dim strFile As String ...

Macro for floating button
I created a macro and assigned it to a form button in excel 2007. What I would like if for this button to move (up or down) the same direction that I'm scrolling. Is this possibly? Place the button in row 1 then freeze panes. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 08:12:04 -0800, Gilbert <Gilbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I created a macro and assigned it to a form button in excel 2007. What I >would like if for this button to move (up or down) the same direction that >I'm scrolling. Is this possibly? An alternative is to put...

vanishing sent items
Hi there, I'm having a really weird problem in outlook. I have both outlook express, and the outlook from office XP installed. In both outlooks, the sent mail doesnt show up in the sent items folder, although the setting "save sent email in sent items folder.." is active. I really can't figure out what's going on, I have searched the knowledge base too but to no avail. Can anyone shed some light on this? Make sure your view is set to show all messages; not just unread View-> Current view -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -...

List command buttons in a form
Hi, I have a lot of command buttons within a form and in the future there could even be more. The name of this command button needs to be created dynamically. I could to this with relative easy by manually programming something in VBA for every command button. However it would be a lot more efficient if i could dynamically create a list of the the command buttons of the form. And then for each element get the name. Does anyone know how you can get a list of all command buttons from a form within VBA? You can use the following to loop through all the control of your form Dim ctl as Control...

CMDIChildWnd and controls
is it possible to put controls (CEdit, CStatic, etc...) on a CMDICHildWnd-derived window? I have an MDI applications with no Doc/View framework. Thanx jorj then how can it be called an MDI ?? "Jordon Hofer" <jhofer@agsense.REMOVETHIS.net> wrote in message news:daydnWWQrpt04b_dRVn-vg@rapidnet.com... > is it possible to put controls (CEdit, CStatic, etc...) on a > CMDICHildWnd-derived window? I have an MDI applications with no Doc/View > framework. Thanx > > jorj > > In the wizard I selected MDI and unchecked the use Doc/View option. All i really...

How to set toolbar button size in XP?
Hi, I have an MFC application which has a toolbar with several drop down buttons and a embedded combobox. It works well in my win2k,98, etc. But if it is run in WinXP, with the manifest file enabled, the toolbar's size becomes very large, larger than the button itself, which in turn makes my application looks ugly. Your feedback is appreciated. Thanks Jeff You could have a separate toolbar for XP and check the operating system at start up time. XP's toolbar look and feel is different and it is bulkier. You'd have to shrink the toolbar bitmaps to use less space. Tom "J...