VALUE error message

I would like I5 to equal F5+G5-h5.  I get a value error message.
0
DaveO (17)

one or more of the cells F5,G5 or H5 probably have text in them, either
a number entered/pasted as text, or a "blank" made by pressing the space
bar (and inserting a space character).

For the first problem, copy an empty cell, select F5:H5 and choose
Edit/Paste Special, selecting the Values and Add radio buttons, then
click OK. This will coerce any "text" numbers to real numbers.

For the latter, use the del key or Edit/Clear/Contents rather than the
spacebar to clear the cell.

Note that SUM(F5:G5,-H5) will ignore text, including space characters
(but it won't flag "text numbers").

In article <AC2C2617-DE5D-4C27-9EB0-37E921625B61@microsoft.com>,
 "Dave O." <DaveO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I would like I5 to equal F5+G5-h5.  I get a value error message.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Adding some values on a sheet???
Hello and thanks in advance. I'm working on a calculator for some Cable TV plants designs. Here is what I need: I'd like to have a drop down menu with several different values of design in it. When I click on a value, I'd like it to insert some "value specific" numbers on this type of chart below...... 30 mhz= Ch 5= Ch 40= Ch 78= Ch 80= Ch 116= Any ideas on how I go about that and where to insert and store the info for each type of "value" Cheers! Doug Strinz Hudson Falls, NY Hi Doug Strinz, Assume that you have a worksheet named 'master'. On ...

How to draw 2D values to windows screen??
Suppose now I have a 2D array containing binary values only (1 or 0). I would like to draw these values on the windows screen (created by MFC dialog-based app in MSVC++ 2005) with 0 be black (0, 0, 0) and 1 be white (255, 255, 255). Which MFC class and function should I use to achieve this effect?? Newbie Question wrote: > Suppose now I have a 2D array containing binary values only (1 or 0). I would > like to draw these values on the windows screen (created by MFC dialog-based > app in MSVC++ 2005) with 0 be black (0, 0, 0) and 1 be white (255, 255, 255). > Which MFC class a...

Outlook Express -- Very, very SLOW to delete message
Help -- what do I do? In article <10cf01c3be72$c59b8a00$a401280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... |Help -- what do I do? | This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress (for OE 6), or an OE help website such as http://insideOE.tomsterdam.com. If you're accessing the Microsoft newsgroups through the MS Product Support Ser...

error when reinstalling XP Pro
thHi, I have a Dell Latitude D620. That was having some issues with ethernet and wireless connections. Nothing really found as fas as malware or viruses, without updates of course. I tried to do a windows repair from the XP CD and right when it shows starting windows to choose repair or install windows I get a blue screen with the error... PCI.SYS-address F76130BF base at F76000000 Date stamp 3B7D855C. I tried a few times and even set the BIOS to minimal. Then I pulled the hard drive out and connected to another laptop using a usb cradle, formated the drive and put it back in th...

text value
I need to rank a column containing concatonated names and addresses. Ranking only handles numeric values, is there any way to give text a numeric value? Hi, It would have helped to see some test data but let's start from here. With your data in column A starting in A2 enter this in b2 and drag down =COUNTIF($A$2:$A$100,"<"&A2)+1 -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "AllyH" wrote: > I need to rank a colum...

Outbox message cannot be sent
I have an address list of less than 30 people. Each time I use the list to send a mail message it will not leave the inbox. The message that comes up is as follows: The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Live Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail ad...

Value Axis Scale Change Problem #2
Thanks Jon - problem solved -- dp_fulche ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dp_fulcher's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=969 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27033 ...

Any way to add contacts from sent messages in Outlook 2007?
Hi, is there any way to add contacts to the Outlook phonebook from archived sent messages? I know there was a third party tool for Outlook Express. Thanks! Open the message and right click on the recipient's email address. You will get a pop-up menu and one of the options is to "Add to Outlook Contacts". <diego.novilinguists@gmail.com> wrote in message news:948856fc-7857-4da5-8037-f24618b2d9aa@d4g2000prg.googlegroups.com... > Hi, is there any way to add contacts to the Outlook phonebook from > archived sent messages? I know there was a third party tool for > Ou...

How to retrieve value from specific cell value?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to retrieve value from specific cell value with specific worksheet? I would like to create a if-statement within macro, If specific cell within specific worksheet = 1 then process following code End If Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric hi If Sheets("sheet1").Range("A1") = 1 Then MsgBox "run code" Else MsgBox "skip code" End If regards FSt1 "Eric" wrote: > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to retrieve value from specific cell &...

Item Value List vs Item Movement History Report (including cost)
I have been trying to create reports for previous points in time, but I am so confused at this point as to what is what. I've ran an Item Value list, which shows the current value of items, and got an extended cost. Then I ran an Item Movement History Report that includes cost with a filter that begins before the store opened and ends today. The extended cost in this report was very close, but not the same as the extended cost in the Item Value list. Is there something that the Item Movement History Report takes into account that the Item Value list doesn't, or vise versa? Beca...

Multiple Value Lookup field
I need to add multiple values to a look up field and I just found out that new to Access 2007 I can add multi-values to my look-up fields. I just tried doing this, but for some reason in the look-up wizard there is no check box that says "Allow Multiple Values", so then I went to the Lookup tab in the field properties to see if there was an Allow Multiple Values property and there was none. Not sure if this would mean anything, but this table was converted from Access 2003 to Access 2007. Why do I not have this option and what I can do about it? On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 12:58:0...

Unique Values from Access
Dear all, I'm trying to create a validation list with data from access. The code below already do it, but I have a big problem: in the field of access database I can have duplicate data... table: period fields year_month year_quarter year 200701 200701 2007 200702 200701 2007 200703 200701 2007 200704 200702 2007 .. .. .. And the code below brings duplicate data. How can I solve this problem? I wouldn't like to bring all information to excel ...

Handling HDN_ENDDRAG Message from ListView Header
I'm using Visual C++ 6.0, but my code is C not C++. I am trying to implement drag-and-drop column re-ordering in a ListView control. When I trap the HDN_ENDDRAG message, I can't get it to not re-order the columns, so I can do it myself. MS documentation says: Return Values To allow the control to automatically place and reorder the item, return FALSE. To prevent the item from being placed, return TRUE. But it doesn't matter whether I return TRUE or FALSE, it re-orders the column headers either way. Is there something I'm missing? Thanks. >I am trying to implement ...

SOAP error
I am getting this error when I am making SOAP call to a webservice. I am using perl - SOAPLite HTTP/1.1 500 (Internal Server Error) Internal Server Error. Cache-Control: private Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 14:49:36 GMT Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0 Content-Length: 476 Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8 Client-Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 14:48:27 GMT Client-Peer: x.x.x.x Client-Response-Num: 1 X-AspNet-Version: 1.1.4322 X-Powered-By: ASP.NET <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi= "...

Form code and message box help continued
continued from a post on Sunday 8/12/2007 Could someone please tell me if I am close with this code or am I completly off track. What I want to achieve is: If the user is entering trainers onto a roster and they select a trainer who will be on leave on that date, I want them to receive a message telling them the trainer is not available. The form has these controls TrainerId TrainerName RosterdDate StartTime EndTime I also have a table for leave which is tblTrainerLeave and has the following controls TrainerID LeaveStartDate LeaveEndDate Private Sub TrainerID_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As...

Error.exe
My (sole) E2003 server reports a couple of 1022 errors each week. I am not particularly worried about these as they are for currently unused accounts, but when I click the 'More information' link from the Event log, it tells me to use error.exe to decode the error. What is error.exe and where can I get hold of it? Thanks I tend to use this: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=be596899-7bb8-4208-b7fc-09e02a13696c&DisplayLang=en -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Alistair Taylor" &...

SQL 2008 intellisense errors Invalid Object
3 days ago I switched out my old SQL 2005 (SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS) server for a new one with SQL 2008(SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS). I created the Linked Server to my second server that runs SQL 2005 (Latin1_General_BIN) with the default Linked Server settings. When trying to compile stored procedures from the new SQL 2008 server that calls objects on the second SQL 2005 server I was getting an error (Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" and "Latin1_General_BIN" in the equal to operation) I found that SQL 2008 by...

VBA Error Message "Compile Error...."
I used a macro from Ron's website to mail each worksheet to the email address in cell a1. I ran this macro and it worked perfectly for one workbook BUT... when I tried to use it for another workbook I got the follwing error message "Microsoft Visual Basic Compile Error Can't find project or library Ok Help". Help me please... do I have to check some more references in the VBA tools? Thanks, Steve Hi Steve Have you set the reference to Outlook in that other workbook also ? You must do that in every workbook or you can use Late binding. See my site for a example --...

Default values
How can I set up default values for text box fields for new records? Fore example: I would like to set up default value for Country so when user creates new account - country field is populated with that vaue. Thanks, m Hi there You would need to use a picklist field instead of a text field and add a value for each country. You can then set the default country. This is all done in Systom Customisation > Customise Form. Other than this you could use a workflow based on Account Create. Insert a condition to check the country field is null, and insert an action to update the country fi...

Inbound Messages Are Sitting in the 'inbound awaiting delivery' qu
I was wondering if anyone out there has seen this before. We are running a mixed Exchange 5.5 and E2K3 messaging environment. The Exchange 5.5 box is a bridgehead server. I have noticed that in the last 4 days, messages sit in the 'inbound awaiting delivery' queue of the Internet Mail Service (Connector) on the 5.5 box for about 15 minutes, before they are delivered to the respective mailboxes. For the most part the recipients are on th same LAN. I have followed Q193862, but that has not solved my problem. Any ideas someone? Thanks. Do you have antispam on E2K3? TD wrote: >...

DLookup error
I'm trying to reference a control on a subreport in a DLookup formula. This is my formula =(DLookUp("[txtletter]","[tblComplaintnbr]","[txtYear]=Reports![rptcomplaintsPage1]![rptcomplaints].[txtYear]") & [txtrefnbr]) Where rptcomplaintsPage1 is the main report and rptcomplaints is the subreport and the control txtyear is on the subreport. can anyone see where I'm going wrong? I've tried using a ! before txtyear and that doesn't work either. Thanks Tony Solved I missed out the last Report! before the control name and I've been loo...

Can't Assign Value to this Object
I think I've seen this problem before but I can't remember the reason or solution. I have a form (in add mode) whose record source is a single table. For most fields on the form, the user will input data, but for a couple of fields I am trying to populate them with the values of global variables. I've got the global variables working (I can assign one to an unbound text box on the form), but when I try to assign the variable value to a bound text box, I get an error message that "Run-time error 2448: You can't assign a value to this object". Here is ...

How to view the attachment in the same page of message recieve in.
I used to use Outlook Express in the old version but now my computer was upgraded to be Outlook 2003. I want to know that Outlook 2003 can show the attacment, include picture and multimedia file, as same page of message recieved as Outlook Express. No, Outlook doesn't show attachments in-line -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Darinth S." <Darinth S.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Populate cell with a value if another cell has a certain value
All, good morning. i have a issue, i need to populate cell E4 with a value CX/025966 when cell F4 has a text Bond Street. Is there a simple way of doin this? EXCEL 2007 Try:- =IF((F4="Bond Street"),"CX/025966","") If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "B2ORL" wrote: > All, good morning. i have a issue, i need to populate cell E4 with a value > CX/025966 when cell F4 has a text Bond Street. > > Is there a simple way of doin this? Use IF() =IF(F4="Bond Street","CX/02...

FRx Printer Error
We're trying to change a printer in FRX; but get the error: Error: 0. Occured in: PrintCommonDialog() I did find an earlier thread on this; but the solution did not work.. This is for FRx 6.7 SP10 and GP10 All GP users are Terminal Server Users. Any ideas? Willwonka, I suggest you initially try resolving this issue by visiting KB article 931722 and see which cause may apply to your situation. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "willwonka" wrote: > We're trying to change a print...