Validation Question #2

If I make a selection from the drop down box on sheet 1.  Can that
information appear in a cell on sheet 2, within the same workbook.
0
Jim8980 (510)

Hi
you could use a cell reference such as
='sheet1'!A1
on your second sheet

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> If I make a selection from the drop down box on sheet 1.  Can that
> information appear in a cell on sheet 2, within the same workbook.

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Time comparison question
When I run the code below in the OnTimer() method (with a 1 second timer), the TRACE results at lines 13 and 17 is always the same. I always have the same year, month, day, hour, minute, and second (note that second is always 0). However, the TRACE results at lines 21 and 22 is not always the same. Most of the times both values are different. Here is an example of the values: currentTime.m_dt = 3.78627673611111170000e+004 time2.m_dt = 3.78627673611111090000e+004 For this example, the TRACE result at line 27 is: 7.275958e-012 What I want is to compare 'time2' wit...

Relay Problems #2
Hello Everyone, I have setup quite a few Exchange servers in my life, but the things that has now happened to me, is quite strange. I have a SBS 2003RC2 server running here, which keeps on relaying messages! I checked the relay, authenication, etc. settings. They're all like they have to be. I checked for virusses and spyware, no luck at all... In the meantime, I had to block port 25 to stop messages sending out. I put on the logging to the highest level, but it looke like they do not use any account to logon to the smtp server, which means it is an open relay. Quite strange with ...

RMS 2.0 Reasons For & Against Upgrading
I would like to know if it's worth it to upgrade to RMS 2.0 I am still currently running 1.3R, and I know I should probably upgrade...but I would like to know if it's worth it??? Please let me know your feelings for and against upgrading! -- Thank You Vince :) I can only tell you about the downside, as I have decided to stick with 1.3R. Just search the forum for dongle, license, and activation. You will see the difficulties and complaints about the new licensing scheme. "Vince" <Nagarra@yahoo.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message news:57B858DF-9FB3-4835-8069-E4...

disregard 12/19/05 ".XValues syntax problem" question. Answer fou
Shoud have done a search on ".Xvalues" before asking the question. Found the answer using "R" & num_rows. OK, I posted a different answer to your original thread. Next time reply to the original, to make it easier to see you had a follow up message. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "JF_01" <JF01@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7CBD3F1F-E2D7-4746-8F1B-A8BCA57B1A42@microsoft.com... > Shoud have done a search on ".Xvalue...

Msgbox entry validation
The following Macro will not loop more than twice the error entries. Will someone help me correct it to loop indefinely? Thanks Sub Entry_validation() Dim Teststring As String Dim Inputstring As String Cells(1, 1) = "ABC" 'as given filename Cells(2, 1) = "DEF" 'as given filename Cells(3, 1) = "GHI" 'as given filename Cells(4, 1) = "JKL" 'as given filename errorloop: Inputstring = InputBox(prompt:="Enter Filename" & vbLf & "Enter abort to abort en...

Back-up to CD #2
Does the Money 2004 Standard Edition or Premium Edition have hte ability to back-up to a CD (versus a floppy diskette)? Only if packet writing software, such as Direct CD, makes the CD appear to be a regular read-write file system. Can Notepad save a file to your CD? If so, Money should work too. But Money does nothing to prevent you from burning your data file to CD just like you burn any other data file. "Suzi V" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b88901c48946$26689280$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Does the Money 2004 Standard Edition or Premium Editi...

Credit Card Processors #2
I am in the process of acquiring RMS but I am not sure yet... at the same time I have to choose a credit card processor. I wanted to go with Citibank as all the credit card interfaces are built in and I don't want to sign on with a company that gives me a 24 month equipment contract because that just makes it a hassle to integrate with RMS later and pay rental fee for equipment I don't use. Anyone have any recommendations? i spoke to Citi and they gave me a rate of 1.71 which is okay but do they do check verification? and gift cards? Does anyone get a lower rate then 1.71 from Citi? I ...

Can Publisher 2007 produce the same cool picture effects as Word 2
In Word 2007, there are some really cool new picture effects such as * blurred edges, * an effect that looks like an actual photograph with white edge (with or without tilt) raised off the page with a shadow, * reflection shadows, * etc. I had Publisher 2003, which could not do these effects natively and furthermore wouldn't even correctly print an image effect I created in Word 2007 and then copy/pasted into Pub 2003. So I bought the Pub 2007 upgrade and I still can't figure out how to do it. I need to figure this out quickly because if I can't get it to...

Really basic question about adding and dividing
Hello Yep, I'm hopeless at Excel but I'm not an accountant and only have to use it once or twice a year for student marks Anyway, I have two columns which I need to add and then divide the total by 2 to get the average 10 + 16 = 26 divided by 2 = 13 so I type in the third column = Column A + B/2 and I get.......18 Ok, I've worked out what is going on (10+ 16/2 (8) = 18) but what do I do to get the right answer (13) Thanks Dave Neve =(A1+B1)/2 -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinator.com Replac...

Order Question
Hope this is not a duplicate as I got an error when I tried to post last time. What is the best way to get an order to distribution and/or accounting? In an order, on the Information side tab, you can click the print tool on the toolbar to print the General, Shipping and Addresses tab info, then click the products tab, then click the print button on the Action bar to print the product info - so 2 prints, 2 pieces of paper. Is this the best way? Is there no way to e-mail this information to distribution or accounting besides a workrule from which they would still have to print both page...

Data Validation -> Validation list is larger than the cell width
I have a workbook that I've just added data validation to one cell. FWIW, the data validation is based on a named range. Here's the (perceived) problem. When I've set up data validation in the past, the selection is the same width as the cell. In this case, the list starts almost a full cell width to the left. What am I missing? Thanks, Barb Reinhardt Barb, In Excel2003 I can replicate what you describe under the following conditions: 1. the named range contains entries that are wider than the data validation cell 2. The data validation cell is r...

A page insertion question
In Publisher 2000 running on XP, is there a way to insert a single page back at the page 20 level in a 50 page single fold catalog thereby moving pages 21-50 up one page level? I realize you need to add pages in increments of 4, but I only want one added at page 20 and the others added at 52-54. Thanks for your help! CB A Pub 2000 user here. Are your pages linked together? In other words, if you start to add text on the top of page 21 will all the text of all the pages move forward? If yes, just add four new pages at the end. Have file open and with the last pages displayed on the mo...

CRM 1.2 Not Saving Dates in Actitivities
In CRM 1.2, we are seeing an intermittent problem where dates are not saved in Activity records. Boolean1 ...

2 virtual machines connecting on Host
Hey, For my evening school we need to setup a lab. Lab: 1 hostmachine, 2 Virtual Machines, VM1: Server 2008 , VM2: Windows 7 Pro VM1: Has 2 nic's. the Wlan connects to the internet , the rj45 connection connects the lan. VM2: 1 nic for lan connection (RJ45) The server is configuared as Domain Controller. with Dns and Dhcp for the clients. it's not possible to join my client win 7 to add to the domain. my server has an IP 192.168.20.1 DHCP is authorize in AD. I've put the client manual in AD. When i now join the client to the domain i'll get a...

Excel design questions
Hi, I'm a new to excel. I'm assigned task to perform creating charts based on the following data. I explored little bit from web about the capabilities of excel, but few areas I'm not still quite sure about how to get it working. - Is it possible to have advanced filter to automatically refresh if the data is changed on which the filter is acting on?? Do I need to write maro for this?? - If i have a column with data (different types of tree names, ex: Apple, Apple, Maple, Grape,Grape..etc - name is repeatable). Can I uniquely get the name of all the different tree names automati...

Validating against a DTD
Hello All, I am trying to validate an xml file against a DTD. I went through a lot of examples especially: http://www.xmlforasp.net/codebank/util/srcview.aspx?path=../../codebank/System_Xml/XmlValidatingReader/Validator/validator.src&file=validator.cs&font=3 but its not working in my case. First of all, when i try to add my DTD file in XmlSchemaCollection object, it throws an error saying DocType element is expected. I am using NITF DTD for this and there is no DocType element in it. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. VD You should not add DTDs to XmlSchemaCollection. XmlSchema...

Question about comments
I recently migrated from Excel 5 to Excel 2000 and I have a question about comments. Is there a way to make comments behave like notes in excel 5? I don't like the fact that comments pop up every time the cursor is on a cell with a comment. I prefer to see comments only when I click on them. I tried to hide comments in the view settings but each time I view a comment the view preference is reset to the default. The only thing that works is to hide comments completely and select "edit comment" from the context menu each time I want to read one. However, I don't c...

Validation dropdown list is not coming visible
Hi, I'm using XP and 2003. I have a problem that I have once found resolution, but now it came again and cannot remember what needs to be done. Here is the problem: There is a column where Validation is specified in right manner with error message in case of error. When selecting the cell - dropdown list is not coming visible. In case I write something wrong it gives error message. If I recall correctly - it was something to do with some kind of list. How can I change this to work properly? I tried to paste new column from another file where the column is working as I want...

dynamic array #2
Hi you clever peeps! What's the best way to pass a dynamic array from one dialog to another? let me clarify. I'm quite new to C++ so, be nice :-( I have a class CReference, which is an CObArray object. One of the CReference variable is "category", which is a CString object. Since more than one CReference object can belong to the same category, the size of category is not necessarily the same as the size of CReference Object Array. So I've written a crude routinte that creates a dynamic array m_daCat, that goes thru every CReference object and add its category to m_daC...

Data Validation
Hi all I want to set data validation on a cell so that it will accept the following (and only the following) text strings: (1) "BR" (literally) or (2) "NT" (literally) or (3) "nA" where n is any positive integral numerical value including zero and A may take any of the values "L", "P", "T", "V" or "Y" or (4) "An" where n is any positive integral numerical value including zero and A may take either of the values "K" or "D". Is this possible, please, and if so how? thanks -- Return e...

try #2
Based on the percentage in table below, I want to calculate Total Cos based on a specific percentage. Cost of works [Class 1 (%)] [Class 2 (%)] On the first $50,000 [11] [7] on the next $75,000 [9] [6.25] on the next $125,000 [7.5] [5.75] on the next $250,000 [6.5] [5.25] on the remainder $500,000 [5] [4.25] Now the fees given is = $1883800. Total Cost =? The steps are like these: On the first $50,000 x (11-7)% = $1,000.00 On the next $75,000 x (9-6.25)% = $2,062.50 On the next $125,000 x (7.5-5.75)% = $5,937.50 On the next $250,000 x (6...

CRM Questions 04-14-06
Hello. I have a couple random CRM questions, that hopefully some of the pros out there can answer for me; 1) Is there anyway to restrict specific fields or tabs on a form based on user role in CRM 3.0? Can setting up specific business units help solve this problem? 2) CRM 3.0 Small Business Edition -- are there any majors concerns anyone has regarding using this edition vs. pro (other than amount of users) like tech. requirements, etc? If anyone could answer some (or all) of my questions I would greatly appreciate it!! Thanks and enjoy the weekend. ...

overtime charging question
A B C date hours worked 9 name hours offered 10 hours charged 3 Hi I have a sheet set up this way and want to chart overtime. Anything over 8 hours is time and a half, Saturday's are time and a half all day and Sunday is double charge.How can i set this up so it recognizes the date and charges correctly on the weekends. Will Excel recognize the date as weekend? The example above shows someone working 9 but offered 10 so charged 1 1/2 x 2 or 3 hours charged. Thanks Karl Karl Chip Pearson has a good sit...

reinstall-validation problem
Hardware hit from lightning so new hd and video card and start over. All goes well with install using a slipstreamed XP-Pro SP3 disk but I notice it never asks for the Product Key during install yet it Activates itself during one of the boots and I think little of it until ... During the updates which followed (100+!!!) I notice Windows Defender doesn't seem to run or leave itself installed. As it is running on my laptop figured I just download it. When I run it, it wants to first do the Genuine Advantage bs which I let it, at which time it says "bogus". Ugh, g...

Z Report ? #2
Can some be so kind as to expalin to me the proper way to do a Z Report. 1) Enter the opening amount at the start of the day 2) Enter closing amounts at the end of the day (Now what is this amount, the amount that is kept in the till or the amount you count for the day?) 3) Finally, print a z report Thanks in advance What we do and you can modify however you need is the following: We count the draw open.(for us a set opening amount) At closing we count it again entering everything in the drawer. After this initial count we run an X report. X reports allow you to change closing informat...