V-Lookup Data Formats Imported from Crystal

When I use data imported from Crystal in a V-Lookup, it appears to be in
number or general format, but the lookup function fails.  I can make it work
cell by cell if I copy from one list to another, but that is slow!  Any way
to get imported data into the correct format automatically?
--
Hudd
0

Hi
try after importing:
- select an empty cell and copy it
- select your importted data
- goto 'Edit - Paste Special' and choose 'Add'

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Hudd wrote:
> When I use data imported from Crystal in a V-Lookup, it appears to be
> in number or general format, but the lookup function fails.  I can
> make it work cell by cell if I copy from one list to another, but
> that is slow!  Any way to get imported data into the correct format
> automatically?

0
frank.kabel (11126)

importing address book #11
I created another profile, and it is using an entirely different .pst file and address book. Using a different pst file is ok. How can i import the address book from my default outlook profile in to the profile i just created? I have attempted this a few times and have had to go to my restore point numerous time...lol.. I went to some help pages on Microspft but most of what i saw was for Outlook Express, I have Ooutlook 200. Is there an Outlook for Dummies book? thanks There are many Outlook books that would cover this. Outlook 200_? I would certainly recommend Ken Slovak's...

Pivot Chart, changing the range of data weekly
Each week I must add rows of data my worksheet that my pivot chart reads from. How can I: A: Get my pivot table/chart to recognize the new range of data without having to do any formatting changes? B: I would like to use the "refresh" option, but am don't know much about this feature. What needs to happen in order to be able to use a "refresh" button? Do I need to create a macro in order for the Refresh button to work? Hi, While adding rows to the data. Ensure that the rows are added in the range previously selected for the pivot table (if you add rows in the are...

Chinese fonts on Office v. X
I am having problems reading my documents that I receive from Taiwan and China (both simplified and traditional characters). When I usually receive an email with Chinese. . . I copy/paste them to Sherlock's translator and viola!. . . I get English. . . But this is not the case with attachments from emails in the form of excel or word files. I usually first have an issue in trying to find out which font they used so that the Chinese characters come out. Once they come out, I can print it out. . .but I need them translated. . . Unfortunately, I cannot copy/paste the characters at all. . ....

Lead v/s contact v/s account v/s opportunity
Hi, I am trying to understand a few basic things about Microsoft CRM. I would appreciate it if someone can enlighten me on the following questions: 1. Is the following definition of "Lead" correct? A lead is a person who we come to know from somewhere. Technically, a lead must have a name and optionally the company the lead belongs to. According to the CRM UI, a lead may be converted to one or more of the following: a) an opportunity b) a contact c) an account. Or, a lead may just disqualify. 2. What is a contact? When would I convert a lead into a contact? 3. What is an accoun...

Date format problem #9
Is there a way to enter a date in this format: 04072004 and have excel produce this: 04/07/200 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi have a look at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "pfox >" <<pfox.14cobr@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:pfox.14cobr@excelforum-nospam.com... > Is there a way to enter a date in this format: 04072004 > and have excel produce this: 04/07/2004 > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > Hi, Have a look at this si...

Data Analysis in PWA 2007
Where can I find an exhaustive treatment of the details of Data Analysis in PWA 2007? jlbreyer -- A lot depends by what you mean by "exhaustive." Our Implementing and Administering Microsoft Office Project 2007 book has a thorough chapter in it about creating Data Analysis views and the OLAP cubes upon which they can be based. We also provide some real world examples of useful Data Analysis views that can be created for each family of OLAP cubes. Beyond this, the book also includes a free download file that includes two Excel workbooks that help the Project Serv...

Class Diagram -> no java data type? How can I manually create data type?
in Class Diagram template There is no java data type. How can I manually create data type? Thank you Sean Sean, I'm afraid you will have to create your own Java Datatype for Java. The only thing that comes close is C# Data types. "Sean Kim" wrote: > in Class Diagram template > > There is no java data type. > How can I manually create data type? > > > Thank you > > Sean > How do we create out own types, like int, Character, Map, String, etc? Could we have some info on that please! Regards, Yazad Khambata "Russ_from_Alabama&...

Lookup and count in the same formula
Hello, I need a formula that looks up a value in row 1 on sheet2 and returns the count of a range in the colmun that matches the lookup in sheet1. For example: Sheet2 - Feed Sheet Smithfield RSM John Doe ASM Jenn Smith ASM2 Brian Smith So Smithfield has 1 RSM and 2 ASMs Sheet1 RSM ASM Smithfield 1 2 So I want a formula to return the count of how many RSM's and ASM's are in a specific location. I have this: =(HLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A1:A6,(COUNTA(Sheet2!A5:A6)),FALSE)) but it's just retur...

RMS needs to add an Import Utility to the program
I think I speak for alot of people here. RMS should add an import Utility to the program. Every body needs to import some type of file from time to time. You pay enoght money for this and they know from the start that you will be importing data from your old POS system. Or like in my case, every year I have new items or a new supplier. and for me to get an Add in that may or maynot work is not good enoght. Jose -- Reynold Cycle I agree totally but, for me, the main attraction of RMS over similar solutions was the open SQL Server database and the ability to customise. You can downlo...

Importing Money File Problem
I've used Money to track my finances for several years. Got a new computer and when I imported the Money file it shows the available save directories of the old computer. Can't understand why it doesn't show the new alternatives. This is causing me to have to manually copy/paste a file from the C Drive to my external HD. Any ideas? Thanks Instead of opening Money and then the file, go to the file itself in Explorer and double-click it. Does that work? -- Michael Gordon MVP "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:320ADD3E-3ADE-4...

The Lookup Wizard, Do I Hate It?
ok. So, this week the Lookup Wizard inflicted me with my first experience of it. I'm talking about the Lookup Wizard that appears in the Table Design interface. Here's the good news, you can bring up a table, and your field has a drop down and second level reference automatically working. The bad news is it presents the second level lookup everywhere, for everything. But sometimes I just want to see the index actually recorded in the table. If I build a query, and I just want the actual index rather than its translation, how can I get that? Is there a way to undo the autom...

Importing vcard file
Only the first record comes across. Using Outlook 2000 and W XP file casme from Lotus Notes. Outlook does not have the ability to mass import .vcf files. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Trevor Appleton asked: | Only the first record comes across. | | Using Outlook 2000 and W XP file casme from Lotus Notes. ...

how do I force writing the data to a table?
I've got a form bound to query - an updatable one. Now when the user clicks 'SAVE' I need to force saving the data to a table it's bound to so that I can open a new recordset with updated values - before I close the form. Thanks, Morris Take your pick: Me.Dirty = False RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord Me.Refresh Use error handling in case the record cannot be saved (e.g. required field missing.) -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. ...

Multiple V-Lookup
I am trying to do a Vlookup function that will look at 2 cells on the same row in one tab and find that in the workbook on the other tab in the same row and then spit back a number from a different cell. It's like a regular vlookup but i'm trying to search for 2 values in 2 different cells at the same time. Is this possible? Maybe it's not even a vlookup i should be using. The problem with using an if(and()) statement is i can only search for the combination 1 row at a time, so if it doesn't line up, i won't get a match. I need to search the whole workbo...

Pivot Tables and External Data
I have created a Pivot Table based upon external data residing in an Access database. I wish to be able to email the Excel worksheet and the Access file to remote users so that they can use the Pivot Table as well. However, the Pivot Table seems to be using absolute references for locating the file, and therefore can't find the file at "C:\Documents and Settings\etc." (where it was on my machine) Is there a way to have the Pivot Table just use relative locations so that it can find the file in the same directory that the Excel worksheet is in? Thanks for any help! Ken Alway...

Data Problem
Hello there I tried to make a query selecting data, one of the conditions turns on the Date. My 'Date' field consists of a consecutive number of dates except Week-end days. When I use the criterium: IIf(Date()-1=0,Date()-3, Date()-1) I don't get what I want. What I want is that when running this query on mondays I get the info for last friday. Does anybody have any suggestion? Thx Gerry Try this expression IIF(WeekDay(Date())=2,Date()-3,Date()-1) The criteria in your expression basically said if the system date is Dec 31, 1899 then use the date that was 3 days ago, otherwise...

SBS2003 and Hyper-v
We want to reduce equipment in the lab. We have a well functioning SBS2008 Standard domain running with one sbs2008 (8 GB) server and a second win2008 (8 GB system mem) server running our AVG service and Hyper-v. Under Hyper-v we have two guests, an XP Pro running old version of Quickbooks for company accounting and a Win2003R2 server running BlackBerry Enterprise Server running 4 blackberry phones. We have 10 real Vista Business workstations which will go Windows 7 Pro over the next two weeks. This all runs on 192.168.8.x and uses one public static IP address. We also have a ...

Uninstall old v. before downloading new?
I have tried the free trial Money Plus Deluxe on one computer, and now want to purchase and download to another computer which has Money 06 Premium loaded. Should I uninstall Money 06 Premium before downloading Plus Deluxe (after making a backup of the data, of course)? Is it OK to have both versions installed at the same time, at least until I have time to make sure everything has transfered correctly? Thanks for your help. In microsoft.public.money, Elizabeth wrote: >I have tried the free trial Money Plus Deluxe on one computer, and now want >to purchase and download to a...

Import External Data 01-08-10
Hi, I have a spreadsheet where I'm importing external data from another MS Excel spreadsheet. I have a macro created to run off the query results etc... The odd thing is, when I run this on other computers the external data query doesn't import one of the columns from the other Excel file and for the life of me I can't figure out what is different between the 2 pc's. Has anyone seen behavior like this before? Also when I try to create the query from scratch on the other computer, I'm not able to bring in all the data that way either. I still am missing a column. ...

Importing data from Palm desktop
Dear all, I'm passing from Palm Desktop to Outlook 2002, and I'm having problems with data importation from Outlook 2002. The Palm Desktop application exports only as .dba and I couldn't find that extension in the list of available formats from Outlook. Anybody can help me? I'll appreciate your help Your best bet is to use the Palm device to sync first with Palm Desktop and then with Outlook. I don't know of any utility that can directly export the data from Palm Desktop to Outlook. Some of the Palm data types can be exported from PD to a file type that Outlook can ...

I-v
does anyone know what this means, is it a word term ? No, and without a context with which to evaluate your post, it is meaningless. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, lizzy asked: | does anyone know what this means, is it a word term ? ...

How refresh imported data automatically?
In Excel, I've imported data into a worksheet. I know I can click Data.. Refresh Data to requery the source, but I want to be able to do it in a more automated way. Is there some sort of macro I can write when opened or something? Thanks, Ron Ron, Select the cell the data starts in, select Data/Import External Data/Data Range Properties Check the box "Refresh on file open" and anything else that needs checking off... Other than that, you could record a new Macro that selects your cell, refreshes data, and assign the macro to a keystroke, or even an icon. Beege ...

linking data
I know how to set up links so dates on a Production Master schedule, that show the dates that boats the firm I work for import will arrive will in Australia off ships will automatically change on a Commissioning schedule in a different workbook. What is causing problem tho' is that the data in the source worksheet has to be re-sorted when data alters and once the cell reference of cells that have been linked alters the link doesn't seem to move to the new cell....as a formula would. A fellow worker has suggested that it may be called a "Special Link" but I have got l...

Money 04 Archive won't shed old data
I have tried to archive to create a new file with only this year's data. I have selected all files, some files and single files but it fails to remove data prior to the date inserted. What's up with that? Thanks for any reply. (: If you are expecting the archive target file to be a reduced set of the data in the file you were in when you went to File|Archive, you clearly don't understand how archiving works. The "archive" file produced by File|Archive is a **complete copy, just like File|Backup** of the source file you just archived. After this copy is made, Money g...

V CARD
How can I import an outlook v-card/vcard into CRM easily. WHen i drag and drop the vcard into my "Contacts in CRM" folder, it does not show up. ...