Using the mail merge function from excell

Is there a way of using the mail merge function in word to set up a three
column format of names and addresses.  I need to do this without using the
"label" format - as I need it in word domument format in order to be able to
add and make changes in word.  Thanks

Sheila

0
Sheila3743 (257)

You may want to look into storing your data in excel (already has nice columns
and rows) and using MSWord's builtin MailMerge to create the labels.

You may want to read some tips for mailmerge:

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge

The first is from David McRitchie and the second is by Beth Melton and Dave
Rado.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Public Folders and Display of Mail Addresses
Hi, Ex 2003 SP1. I have created a public folder holding all the corporate contacts. I want to allow users to select the contacts email address when sending a message, however, on selecting the public folder from Select Names/Show Names from/Public Folders after clicking To: no external contacts are displayed. I know that if you right click the PF and select this folder as an Outlook Email Address book the the names are then displayed in the selection dialogue box after clicking on the PF. Surely there is a way to do this globally, to avoid all users in the organisation having to configure...

Excel slow to open a book, but fast empty
Cheers! My Excel 2002 has been working fine, but lately has got a problem: it is very, very slow when opening an xls file by clicking it. It is fast as it should when I open it empty from the start menu. If I create the simplest possible book by just typing something in one cell and saving it, opening it is still slow. Perhaps this format is easier: 0. Excel has been working as it should. 1. Fast when running from start menu, opening an empty book. 2. Slow when clicking an xls file, independent of book complexity. Excel comes up with a transparent main window, but with everything else visi...

E-Mail Report
I see alot of answers to E-Mailing a report, but I can't find anything to send an E-Mail with the report data being in the body of the E'mail, I don't want to send the report as an attachement. Can this be done? Thanks DS ...

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

error C2440: 'type cast' : cannot convert from 'overloaded-function' to 'LPHANDLER_FUNCTION'
I wrote a VC program for service...In VC 6 it working fine...But In Visual Studio 2005 it got errorrs... My code is give below.... void CRRMService::ServiceMain() { int error; //MEMORYSTATUS memory; int result; ServiceStatus.dwServiceType = SERVICE_WIN32; ServiceStatus.dwCurrentState = SERVICE_START_PENDING; ServiceStatus.dwControlsAccepted = SERVICE_ACCEPT_STOP | SERVICE_ACCEPT_SHUTDOWN; ServiceStatus.dwWin32ExitCode = 0; ServiceStatus.dwServiceSpecificExitCode = 0; ServiceStatus.dwCheckPoint = 0; ServiceStatus.dwWaitHint ...

E-mail Name
I am using Outlook 2000. When I press To: on a new e- mail, the names for my contacts are first last. I would like them to be last, first. I tried going into the Tools, options, contact options, name and filing options but it didn't work. Help! Find the properties of your Outlook Address Book service (method depends on mode in which OL2k is installed - this can be found in help | about) and you should be able to set the display defaults as "file as" rather than the inane "first last". Lisa wrote: > I am using Outlook 2000. When I press To: on a new e- > ...

Is there a way to export and save file properties for an Excel do.
Can this be done either in text or XML? ...

using forms

Using Spanish on Publisher

Excel Display Errors in file
I have several excell 2000 documents that when opened, the first sheet in the workbook will display most of the data at around a size 72 font that will not show in the cell. All the other sheets in this workbook are fine. This also effects the column and row headings (A B C, 1 2 3). If I go to View > Zoom and zoom from the default of 75% to anything else, it fixes the problem. I can then zoom back to 75% and everything still looks fine. (Including row and column headings) The next time I open the file, the first sheet is still messed up. I have tried saving to web page and...

Exchange 2003 removing Internet Headers on incoming mail
Our exchange 2003 server strips out the internet headers. We have a catchall internet mailbox which is collected by exchange POP3 and then forwarded to all internal mailboxes by virtual SMTP. Is there a setting to prevent the headers being stripped out? At first I though it was Outlook 2003, but I've enabled the DWORD registry setting "SaveAllMIMENotJustHeaders" which shows only the internal receipt into virtual SMTP and nothing else. Regards Anthony On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 08:58:19 +0100, "Anthony Hunt" <ach@kl2.com> wrote: >Our exchange 2003 server ...

Advanced E-mail options
I can't find anything googling for this so can anybody point me at a help source. When sending a message, if I select "Set Importance" or "Set Sensitivity" from the "Advanced E-mail Options" dialog, what do the categories mean and what do they do? For example what is the difference between "Private" and "Confidential" and what different effects do they have? Thanks -- (\__/) (='.'=) (")_(") I'll answer 1/2 about the importance function. If you set as High, the recipient gets a red exclamation mark in a c...

FormulaR1C1 using variables

Mail Delivery Error #3
Hi, I've been getting the following error through the exchange server: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: discount Sent: 5/22/2006 4:02 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: email@addresshere.com on 5/22/2006 5:02 PM A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients. Contact your administrator. < dms2.vps.net.au #5.4.6 SMTP; 554 5.4.6 Too many hops> Background information: We host an Excha...

In Excel, how do I insert User Name (author) in a cell.
The function =CELL("filename",A1) returns a file name and sheet name in a cell. How can I obtain the User Name? You can write some VBA to do it. Sub Return_UserName() Sheets("sheet1").Range("A2").Value = Application.UserName End Sub -- Excel_Geek ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Excel_Geek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26423 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=398347 And to return just the filename (if you like) you can use this for...

Using XML with ASP.NET

Using secured OMA

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

How do I import Excel into Microsoft Money
#1 - This question is more likely to get an answer in the Money newsgroup than here #2 - Place your question in the body of the message, with a little more explanation of what you want to accomplish "Tax Help" wrote: > You can't do it directly. The only formats that Money can import are QIF and OFX. Go to Google and search for excel money import qif to get multiple hits including macros and/or commercial solutions. One the I found is http://www.bigredconsulting.com/AboutXLQIFConverter.htm Their program is $39. On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 12:55:03 -0800, "Tax H...

Importing Excel data into Access?
Can Excel data be imported into Access easily!? I know from Word table I can simply copy and paste but it is not that easy when doing from Excel to Access! I downloaded this manual from http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/training-manuals/Access2003Intro.pdf but couldn't find this topic If anyone knows please let me know! Cheers Raj Hello, there are plenty of sources. e.g.: http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC102722321033 Stefan. "Rajeev Rawat" wrote: > Can Excel data be imported into Access easily!? I know from Word table &g...

scatter plots using pivot table data