Using the fill command is there a way to increase by columns instead of row

If anyone can help thanks

Worksheet1 has something like
Monday 1-1-04
Tuesday 1-2-04
Wednesday 1-3-04
etc

Worksheet 2 has something like
1-1	1-2	1-3	etc
2	3	4	etc
4	5	6	etc

6	8	10	etc

When I reference the data in Worksheet 1, in B1 I put =Worksheet2!A5
and when I fill down the formula I get =Worksheet2!A6 in B2 and
=Worksheet2!A7 in B3 example:

Monday 1-1-04	=Worksheet2!A5
Tuesday 1-2-04	=Worksheet2!A6
Wedne 1-3-04	=Worksheet2!A7

what I'm trying to do is have the info reference like so then the
column changes like:

Monday 1-1-04	=Worksheet2!A5
Tuesday 1-2-04	=Worksheet2!B5
Wedne 1-3-04	=Worksheet2!C5

I know I can do a mixed reference with =Worksheet2!A$5 so the row will
remain the same but I don't know how to increase it by column.  I
don't know if its possible or should I just change the data in
Worksheet 2 where the totals are vertical.  TIA
0
Auger (1)

Hi
instead of
=Worksheet2!A5
enter the following formula
=OFFSET(Worksheet2!$A$5,0,ROW(1:1)-1)
and copy down

0
frank.kabel (11126)

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

using forms

Is there a way to export and save file properties for an Excel do.
Can this be done either in text or XML? ...

Using Spanish on Publisher

FormulaR1C1 using variables

Using XML with ASP.NET

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

How to unhide column?
I hid column E, did some other work on the spreadsheet, now cannot unhide column E EXCEL 2007 Clcick on D to highlight that column and, keeping the left mouse button depressed, drag to column F so that both columns are highlighted. Right click / Unhide If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "Lois Corp Secy" wrote: > I hid column E, did some other work on the spreadsheet, now cannot unhide > column E Select D and F and right-click>unhide. If that doesn't work mayber E has been set to 0 or very tiny width. In Namebox type ...

Using secured OMA

scatter plots using pivot table data

Using resources, how to ?

Allow temporarily use of right click

How to use interfaces

Workbook_Close Command
I am looking for a code which would restore the spread sheet to "Clean State" before saving (when it is being saved): Something like the following which would be automatically trigged when sheet is saved: Sub Before_Save () OnSave ActiveSheet.AutoFilterMode = False Range("A3").Select end sub Thanks for your help Jan Maybe you could use the workbook_beforesave event: Option Explicit Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean) With Worksheets("Sheet1") .AutoFilterMode = False Application.Goto ...

Any way to highlight cells that change?
Is there a way to highlight all of the cells in a worksheet that change as a result of some action? I have some worksheets with calculations that depends on other calculations that depend on other calculations and so on. If I make a change to one value or one formula, I may not notice if some cell (possibly off the screen) is changed. I would like some way to make them stand out. A border like the copy border or something like that would be great. -- Running Excel 2000 SP-3 on Windows 2000 Click the cell you have just changed (or are about to change) On the Formula Auditing toolbar, click T...

What do you use Excel for?

Top Values in a column
Hi there, I have a column of values (E3:E50) and I want to list below this column, in a cell (lets say E52) the SUM of the top 5 highest values. The glitch (as there always is one) is that I don't want every cell to be considered - I only want, for example, E5, E8, E11, E14, E17, E20, E23, E26, E29, E32, E35, E38, E41, E44, E47 & E50 to be included. Is there a way to do this? Whilst I mention it - would there be a way, with conditional formatting perhaps, that any cell in that selection (E5, E8, E11, etc.) that IS a top 5 value - could it become a different colour? Any help would ...

Calculating the column
Hi, Sorry to ask but... I want to calculate the column for a vert.search function. Say a want to start the search at column (2*3) [=6], how can I transform the "6" in "F"? Thanks very much in advance. Fred Is this for VBA? If yes, you don't need to change the number to letters. activesheet.columns(6) or activesheet.columns(2*3) would work fine. NO wrote: > > Hi, > Sorry to ask but... > I want to calculate the column for a vert.search function. > Say a want to start the search at column (2*3) [=6], how can I transform the > "6" in "...

using extended desktop mode
How can I move an Excel spreadsheet onto my second monitor. Word and Internet provide no problems, I just click & drag. Same way. You have to have the application window in a non-maximised state though, and you can then drag it from one to the other, or even size it so it spreads across the two screens completely. If I have the window maximised though, I am unable to drag it from screen to screen. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ------------------------------�-------------------------...