Using sheetname variable in a formula #2

Yes that WORKS!!

Thank you!

One minor glitch however.

My *desired* sheet name is *A-325* and the like (A-490, etc)

Your code does not work for that name, however if I change it to *A325
it works.

Any ideas why this is happening

--
mm
mms's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1653

Hi
should work. Have you included the apostrophes ' in the formula. Post
the exact formula you have used

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16536
> View this thread:

frank.kabel (11126)
11/16/2004 6:27:57 PM
In that case you have the enter values in A1 like this:

="'A-325'"

Its hard to see but it is: <equal sign><double quotes><singl
quote><sheet_name><single quote><double quote>

Please let me know if this work

--
pikapika1
pikapika13's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1089

This also works ( I think this is better):
=INDIRECT(""&"'"&$A$1&"'"&"!$A$3")
it is : double quote, double quote, &, double quote, single quote
double quote,&,sheet name, &, dq,sq,dq, etc.
Let me know if this is too cryptic..

--
pikapika1
pikapika13's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1089
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31386

Reports issue #2
Hi all, I have two different CRM setups, and I'm running through the same issue. It's impossible to generate reports from CRM. Here are the configurations : 1) Windows Server 2008 w/ CRM 4.0, and a windows server 2003 w/ SQL 2005 & Report Server 2) Windows Server 2008 w/ CRM 4.0 and SQL 2008 with Report Server Both Windows2k8 are domain controllers, and in the first setup the two servers are in the same domain. My report services are running with the network service account. When I want to get a report from CRM, I got the following message : "Reporting Error. The repor...

Physical Inventory question #2
I have a store owner who would like to run a Physical Inventory Sheet that does NOT include items with a qty of 0. I don't see a filter for OnHand <> 0. First, I'd like to see if anybody knows if something like this CAN be done. Secondly, I've suggested (and gave her instructions) on how to take all items that have zero quantities that she no longer wants to sell, and mark them as inactive first, then do a physical inventory based on the filter of Inactive = No. Do others run their physical inventories this way? Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance for any...

Importing XML in SQL Server 2005 in .Net 2.0
Hello All, I tried using bulkupload SQLXML, but it is very unreliable. Is there any way we can import XML file having schema into database? Neo Hello Neo, N> I tried using bulkupload SQLXML, but it is very unreliable. Is there N> any way we can import XML file having schema into database? What exactly are you trying to do? e.g., load XML into an XML typed column or load XML into one or more tables? Do you already have a schema? Note: Adding to m.p.ss.xml for easier tracking. Thanks! Kent Tegels DevelopMentor http://staff.develop.com/ktegels/ Yes, I have schema. I have also c...

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

synchronizing #2
I was wondering if anyone knew how to sychronize office XP with two different computers. If you know please let me knows. Thanks ...

Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.2 Update
What Mac 11.3.2 update? I know nothing about such a Mac OS update. Help! The 11.3.2 update is for Office 2004, not for Mac OS X. Here's how you can get it: In Office 2004, use Microsoft AutoUpdate to get the latest updates. From any Office application, go to Help > Check for Updates (or manually launch Microsoft AutoUpdate from the Applications folder). If any updates are needed, they will display in a sheet, at which point you can check them and press the "Install" button to download and install them. Updates can also be found at the Microsoft web site: <http://www...

using forms

Re: CListViewCtrl and variable sub-item colours.
Hi All I have a CListViewCtrl using the report mode style. I wish to vary the background colours of some sub-items. Some will be displayed normal, others on a mild green background, others on a mild red background. Any ideas or examples on how to do this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance Did you get an answer for this yet? The easiest way to make minor changes to controls like a list control, is to implement the "custom draw" feature (note: not owner draw, which is more complicated). See http://www.codeproject.com/listctrl/lvcustomdraw.asp Regards, Mike "Larry...

Formula Syntax
Hi Excel Forum, I believe the following formulas all find the MINIMUM value that is NO = zero (<>0) and produce the same results. I am unsure of their syntax Can you explain the syntax of the following formulas and th differences between them: =MIN(IF(A1:A20,A1:A20)) =MIN(IF(A1:A20<>0,A1:A20)) =MIN(IF(A1:A20<>0,A1:A20,"")) How does the first formula work and, if there is a zero 0 avoi returning a zero 0 without mentioning NOT = zero <>0? what are the quotation marks for and what do they do? When would it be preferable to use one syntax rather than anoth...

Using Spanish on Publisher

FormulaR1C1 using variables

Formula staying as a formula in a cell?
Does anyone know why a formula stays a formula in a cell? I know that using the aspostrophe makes it like a string, like '=blah+blah, but this one doesn't...I even have made the cell General and made sure that calculate automatic was selected. This thing is driving me nuts. Any suggestions??? You can't just format the cell as general if it was text to start with. You need to format as general AND then hit F2 and then enter. the other possibility is that you have the Formulas view turned on in Tools / Options / View Tab / Uncheck Show Formulas in Window options. Ideally you...

Windows in taskbar #2
The windows in taskbar box keeps getting "unchecked" while working in different execel spreadsheets. I re-check it and save/close the box, but it continues to happen. Any ideas to correct this? Richard From a posting by Debra Dalgleish............. There's some information in the following MSKB article: OFF2000: Only One Icon Visible in Taskbar When "Windows in Taskbar" Option Is Selected http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=215816 and the following advice from Dave Peterson '========================== From: Dave Peterson (ec35720@msn.com) Su...

Using XML with ASP.NET

Using secured OMA

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

scatter plots using pivot table data

Using resources, how to ?

Allow temporarily use of right click

How to use interfaces
Hi ... How can you show in an UML diagram using visio that you have 1 class who uses the interface implementet by another ?? ex: C# public class MyClass : ImyInterface { //some code } //And then in another class you will do something like: private ImyInterface imi = new MyClass(); can you show this via UML shapes in Visio ?? thanks in advance ... -- ------------------------------- Med Venlig Hilsen Tonni Schm´┐Żcker Tonni@cool.dk ...