Using Popups to select a range of cells.

Hi All

I have a small request for help with code.

I need a macro to have popups request the first and last cells in a
range , and then to select them.

Can someone help?
0
Colin

Sub test()
Dim Rng As Range
On Error Resume Next
Set Rng = Application.InputBox("Select your range", _
    "Mousework", Type:=8)
On Error GoTo 0
If Rng Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
MsgBox Rng.Address
End Sub

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Colin Hayes" <Colin@chayes.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

> Hi All
>
> I have a small request for help with code.
>
> I need a macro to have popups request the first and last cells in a range
> , and then to select them.
>
> Can someone help?

0
Harald
4/8/2010 10:30:58 PM
HI Harald

Thank you very much for you help.

It's not quite what I needed though , unfortunately. I need to input two
cells (e.g. Popup 1 - A1 , Popup 2 - A30000) and for them to be selected
with me not having to visit both with the mouse.

Is this possible?

Best Wishes

In article <#cC1Wt21KHA.1036@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, Harald Staff
<nospam@not.invalid> writes
>Sub test()
>Dim Rng As Range
>On Error Resume Next
>Set Rng = Application.InputBox("Select your range", _
>   "Mousework", Type:=8)
>On Error GoTo 0
>If Rng Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
>MsgBox Rng.Address
>End Sub
>

>HTH. Best wishes Harald
>

>"Colin Hayes" <Colin@chayes.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>> Hi All
>>
>> I have a small request for help with code.
>>
>> I need a macro to have popups request the first and last cells in a range
>> , and then to select them.
>>
>> Can someone help?

0
Colin
4/8/2010 11:27:29 PM
Sure. Put two Refedit controls onto a userform.

http://www.contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html

Note that a range can be nothing, one cell, or multiple cells, your VBA must
decide what to do if multiple cells are selected.

> HI Harald
>
> Thank you very much for you help.
>
> It's not quite what I needed though , unfortunately. I need to input two
> cells (e.g. Popup 1 - A1 , Popup 2 - A30000) and for them to be selected
> with me not having to visit both with the mouse.
>
> Is this possible?
>
> Best Wishes
>

> In article <#cC1Wt21KHA.1036@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, Harald Staff
> <nospam@not.invalid> writes
>>Sub test()
>>Dim Rng As Range
>>On Error Resume Next
>>Set Rng = Application.InputBox("Select your range", _
>>   "Mousework", Type:=8)
>>On Error GoTo 0
>>If Rng Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
>>MsgBox Rng.Address
>>End Sub
>>

>>HTH. Best wishes Harald
>>

>>"Colin Hayes" <Colin@chayes.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Hi All
>>>
>>> I have a small request for help with code.
>>>
>>> I need a macro to have popups request the first and last cells in a
>>> range
>>> , and then to select them.
>>>
>>> Can someone help?

0
Harald
4/9/2010 6:33:45 AM
In article <eeZNI761KHA.4728@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, Harald Staff
<nospam@not.invalid> writes
>Sure. Put two Refedit controls onto a userform.
>
>http://www.contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html
>
>Note that a range can be nothing, one cell, or multiple cells, your VBA must
>decide what to do if multiple cells are selected.
>
>Best wishes Harald

Hi Harald

OK Thanks. Too technical for me I'm afraid,. I imagined it would be more
straightforward. Anyway , thanks for your help.

Best wishes.

>"Colin Hayes" <Colin@chayes.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>> HI Harald
>>
>> Thank you very much for you help.
>>
>> It's not quite what I needed though , unfortunately. I need to input two
>> cells (e.g. Popup 1 - A1 , Popup 2 - A30000) and for them to be selected
>> with me not having to visit both with the mouse.
>>
>> Is this possible?
>>
>> Best Wishes
>>

>> In article <#cC1Wt21KHA.1036@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, Harald Staff
>> <nospam@not.invalid> writes
>>>Sub test()
>>>Dim Rng As Range
>>>On Error Resume Next
>>>Set Rng = Application.InputBox("Select your range", _
>>>   "Mousework", Type:=8)
>>>On Error GoTo 0
>>>If Rng Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
>>>MsgBox Rng.Address
>>>End Sub
>>>

>>>HTH. Best wishes Harald
>>>

>>>"Colin Hayes" <Colin@chayes.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

Are you aware that we also buy CDs, Vinyl and DVDs? Send your lists of
unwanted items to Colin@chayes.demon.co.uk and we’ll quote you a price…

You can browse and buy direct from my full list of items at these addresses :

http://s1.amazon.co.uk/exec/varzea/ts/my-zshop/SPJK3X6KOJZR6/026-3393902-9
050050

or:

http://www.CDandVinyl.co.uk

or :

http://www.netsoundsmusic.com/cdandvinyl

or:

http://chayes.musicstack.com

To DOWNLOAD the full catalogue click here :

http://www.chayes.demon.co.uk/CDandVinyl_full_catalogue.exe

Best Wishes ,

Colin Hayes.

TEL / FAX : (UK) (0)208 804 9181
0
Colin
4/9/2010 1:31:47 PM
> In article <eeZNI761KHA.4728@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>, Harald Staff
> <nospam@not.invalid> writes

> OK Thanks. Too technical for me I'm afraid,. I imagined it would be more
> straightforward. Anyway , thanks for your help.
>
> Best wishes.

The easier to use, the harder to build. The most intuitive user interfaces
are extremely complex under the hood. But I urge you to spend a couple of
hours and give this a try, everything is easy once you know how to.

Best wishes Harald

0
Harald

Option to select printer B4 printing Payables Checks
Client recently upgraded from 7.5 to 9.0 and they lost the option to select a printer after clicking print. From print payables checks In 7.5 when they would click on print, a window would pop up and give them the option to select a printer to send their checks to. Now it automatically goes to their defaulted printer. How do they set up the option in 9.0? Go to the Named Printers settings, and look at the checkbox to suppress the printer dialog box. This should solve your problem Best regards Mike "TROOTBMI" <TROOTBMI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

VBA: move to the next cell down from anywhere in the sheet
I am deleting rows based on a value in a column (< 16) and if the valu is 16 or greater I want to move down to the next row and check tha value and so on. i am using a Do Until value = "". What is the code for moving down to the next cell below ActiveCell -- jm ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jmp's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2903 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48770 Activecell.Offset(1,0).Select I would not recommend this though. If you want to dele...

character limit in cell?
I merged several cells and entered text. I have it set to 'wrap text' so it will all fit in the merged cells. If the text is only 1/2 of the third row it is all displayed. However, if I enter any more text than that it displays as '#######'. Is there a limit on the number of characters I can enter? Can that be changed. There is still room in the merged cells to hold more text. Abby, You don't seem to be getting any takers on this one. ####, to my knowledge, shows up only when you have a number in a cell (not text), and it's too big to display in its entir...

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

using forms

Using Spanish on Publisher

Printing Problems (cells printing on top of one another)
When printing cells are merged together like the they have been shifted up half a row height. This problem is restriced to one user on one system (Windows 2000 Pro and Office 2000). The problem is same on a single sheet workbook or a multi sheet workbook. The printer setting keep reverting back to 11 sheet tall by 1 sheet wide. This produces an unclear image through print preview. You can manually reset the default to 1 sheet wide by 1 sheet long which corrects the print preview but not the printed output. I avoid merged cells like the plague - full of problems. I guess that you ...

Selecting A single Month From a Table with Multiple Months
The following code is used as the criteria in a selct query for a date field: >=DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date())-1,1) And <=DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),0) It has worked fine until the table included records from January 2010, database was created in 2009. Is there a fix or a better way to accomplish the intent? Not sure what your problem is the expressions you have return the first and last day of the prior month. So this is February 3, 2010 and the expression return 1/1/2010 and 1/31/2010. What do you want returned? What is the problem you are ha...

FormulaR1C1 using variables

Trapping Sheet selection
hello, I want to execute (in a vb6 exe) a procedure when the user selects another sheet in Excel In a Class module I use Private WithEvents mWk As Excel.Workbook Sub mWk_SheetChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range) MsgBox "dsfdsfDSF" End Sub Private Sub mWk_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object) MsgBox "dsfdsfDSF" End Sub But so far, the event does not fire (although it does in VBA) Please help Avi avi explained on 8/11/2010 : > hello, > > I want to execute (in a vb6 exe) a procedure when the user selects > anothe...

Formula staying as a formula in a cell?
Does anyone know why a formula stays a formula in a cell? I know that using the aspostrophe makes it like a string, like '=blah+blah, but this one doesn't...I even have made the cell General and made sure that calculate automatic was selected. This thing is driving me nuts. Any suggestions??? You can't just format the cell as general if it was text to start with. You need to format as general AND then hit F2 and then enter. the other possibility is that you have the Formulas view turned on in Tools / Options / View Tab / Uncheck Show Formulas in Window options. Ideally you...

In Excel, how do I insert User Name (author) in a cell.
The function =CELL("filename",A1) returns a file name and sheet name in a cell. How can I obtain the User Name? You can write some VBA to do it. Sub Return_UserName() Sheets("sheet1").Range("A2").Value = Application.UserName End Sub -- Excel_Geek ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Excel_Geek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26423 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=398347 And to return just the filename (if you like) you can use this for...

Using XML with ASP.NET

Change range based on value of a cell
Hi all, I'm trying to do a COUNTIF, but want to change the range depending on a number somewhere else in the spreadsheet. For example, if the number is 3, I want to count from C1:G1, but if the number is 4 I want to count from D1:G1. I've used the address function to find out which cell I want to start from, and then concatenated that to the end point of the range (this never changes). So I'm left with a cell that contains the value of the range (C1:G1 or D1:G1) depending upon the number which is input above. Is it possible to use this cell, which contains the value C1:G1 to repl...

Using secured OMA

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

Collecting Range Name values to VBA
I have a worksheet "Setup" where users type in a date in a cell named "ChtDte" and a path and database name in a cell named "FLName". I am using DOA to connect to a database and return a record set. The query used "qryCOCostwRates" uses a date paramater. Because this sheet will be used by several users all pointing to the database in different locations, I need to know where they have the database. I need to get the values in these two range names in the setup tab of the spreadsheet so I can connect to the data, and provide a value for ...

scatter plots using pivot table data

Using resources, how to ?

Allow temporarily use of right click

Recalc of SUM() that refers to a cell across a range of worksheets
I'm using Excel 2003 w/ SP2 and have encountered a problem I don't recall having before. I have a workbook where a summary sheet is used to aggregate the values in each of the cells in the rest of the sheets by using a formula with following syntax: =sum('sheet1:sheetx'!Cn), where "sheet1" is the name of the first sheet in the range of contiguous sheets, "sheetx" is the name of the last sheet in that range, "C" is the pertinent column letter for a cell (the columns in this workbook represent years) and "n" is the pertinent row numb...