Using pivot table without summing, etc. #3

Of course!  I don't know how that slipped me by.

Thank you.

-Pete

--
Peter Bernadyn
Peter Bernadyne's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=701

Postal Bar Coding & Using Outlook Address Book in Publisher
I would like to add bar coding to my envelopes but can't seem to find any help in Publisher for this feature. I'd also like to find a way to use my Outlook Address book in Publisher - can anyone help me. Thanks After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Sharon Fermer <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I would like to add bar coding to my envelopes but can't seem to find > any help in Publisher for this feature. Read www.mvps.org/the_nerd/Publisher/FAQs.htm > I'd also like to find a way > to use my Outlook Address bo...

Pivot table and percentage
I have an excel spreadsheet with the following information: SCHOOL, PERSON, SUBJ, COURSE_TYPE, COURSE, SECTION, TERM, OUTSIDE_RANGE AA, John Doe, Math, 1U, 101, 01, 200508, 0 AA, John Doe, Math, 1U, 102, 01, 200508, 1 AA, John Doe, Math, 1G, 601, 70, 200508, 0 AA, John Doe, Math, 1U, 101, 01, 200601, 0 AA, John Doe, Math, 1U, 101, 02, 200601, 1 AA, John Doe, Math, 1U, 101, 03, 200601, 1 AA, John Doe, Math, 1U, 101, 01, 200608, 0 AA, John Doe, Math, 1U, 102, 01, 200608, 1 AA, John Doe, Math, 1U, 103, 01, 200608, 0 I want to be able to have in a pivot table the following: Page TERM Rows SCHO...

#VALUE! when using defined name
HELP!!! Problem: receive #VALUE! Using a defined NAME range In workbook MonthlyBudget09Mstr.xlsx are sheets 1209Sch and 1209 1209Sch contains all monthly entries, 1209 is the summary sheet. Defined name: HousingItems, ='1209Sch'!$L$83:$L$88, Values: {"1";"2";"3";"4";"5";"15"} Workbook <<from Name Manager L88 is a SUM function but I have remove L88 from range and still have problem Placing =HousingItems in cell B4 of sheet 1209 results in #VALUE! Error B4:B9 are empty Can copy and then paste 1209Sch L8...

3 Panel Brochure in Pub 2002
Forgive my pure ignorance, but can you create a 3 panel brochure with Publisher 2002? I can only find the book fold. Regards, Pete Sure, just pick a blank page, landscape orientation, menu Arrange > Layout Guides, make the Layout Guides to suit your brochure and then make 3 panels to suit. There are plenty of Templates in Publisher 2002. -- Thank you sir, I was tearing my hair out until you saved the day. :) ...

Formatting Charts from Pivot Table...
I've created a pivot table/with chart. The default chart was a bar chart, which I've changed to a pie chart. The problem is I don't like the default colors so I've changed them to the way I like them; however, once I save the document they go back to the default colors. Is there any way to keep the revised colors, rather than the default colors? Thanks, KSL. ...

Need rotation schedule with 6 tables of 6 people for all to meet o
I am trying to develop an algorithm for a networking session. I need a rotation schedule so that everyone will get to meet everyone only once. I will have 6 tables of 6 people at each table for a total of 36 people. I have the tables lettered A B C D E F and 1-36 people numbered and want to rotate everyone through so they all get to talk to each other just once. On Fri, 13 Apr 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, sccyclist <sccyclist@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I am trying to develop an algorithm for a networking session. I need a >rotation schedule so that eve...

Using Powerpoint 2007
PPS files on webpage open as PPT using PowerPoint 2007. Don't have this same issue when opening the same link from an Office 2003 computer, they run the show only. -- Miroshak ...

Use of Option Buttons
I have a main form where I display a record and associated fields. One of the fields is called 'source'. Currently, the source is linked to a one-to-one source table. No problem with this setup. However, I want to be able to assign and display multiple 'sources' for each main record. This ends up being a many-to-many relationship and, therefore, I have created the following tables (not all fields are listed). Program Table Prog_ID Program_Name Link Table Prog_ID Source_ID Source Table Source_ID Source_Name I want to display on the main form 'buttons' indicating ...

Pivot Table with calculated Item
I have inserted a simple calculation item in my pivot table and now I have lots of rows with zero values, that don't relate to the parent feilds. My table shows total qty ordered in Qtr1 2004 and Qtr1 2005 grouped by Sales Rep, Customer, Product Family, and item code. Once the calc items were inserted, each SalesRep has an entry for every customer, which has an entry for every Prod Family, which would have an entry for every item (if it didn't exceed the limitations). Can anyone help me remove all these extraneous entries?? GD ...

Get/Change operation on table 'SY_Error_Messages_MSTR'
Hi all, We upgraded from GP version 9 to version 10 over the past weekend. I have a user who is entering Payables Transactions and she is receiving the following message when she tries to enter a duplicate PO#.... Unhandled database exception: A get/change operation on table 'SY_Error_Messages_MSTR' cannot find the table. Invalid object name 'SY01700' So based on the error, the incorrect message is appearing to the user. Can I rebuild the SY01700 table? Is this really the issue? Any help would be greatly appeciated! Thanks, Lori The SY01700 Table holds the error mess...

How to use OpenArgs
Hi all, a pop-up form is opened from a subform with this code: Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) Dim strCustomerName As String Dim strBuildingNo As Long If IsNull(OpenArgs) = False Then Dim arrArgs() As String arrArgs = Split(Me.OpenArgs, "~") strCustomerName = arrArgs(0) strBuildingNo = arrArgs(1) End If End Sub It is working good and my array, arrArgs, is populating strCustomerName and strBuildingNo perfectly. If a new record is needed I use the following: Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) '...

Using (1), (2), (3), etc. in Risks and Issues Category values?
Do most of you use numbers, like (1), (2), (3), to define Category values for Risks and Issues to keep it "the same" as the out-of-the- box values for Status? Just curious. Thanks Andy Novak UNT Andy, I have used both with numbers and without for projects, based on the clients maturity. I would suggest if you want to make it as easy as possible to differentiate between the different risk and issues categories, put the number in, it makes it much easier to see. Alex. On Feb 20, 8:48=A0am, "ano...@unt.edu" <ano...@unt.edu> wrote: > Do most of y...

Using eseutil.exe
What is the best way to determine, if my store need to be defragged with eseutil. We have been running W2K3 Exch for about 7 months, we have removed a lot of information from the store (by forcing users to clean up their sent items and deleted items folders) yet the store remains so large the backup will not fit on 1 40GB tape. Is this an indication that I should use the utility? If the online defragmentation runs as part of the online maintenance that should run every evening then you may be able to tell from this, have a look at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;...

Pivot Table with Where clause?
Hi all. Hope you're having a great holiday! But back to business :). Let's say I have a worksheet with three columns: Employee, Assignment Name, and Complete (Y/N). There is a one-to-many relationship between Employee and Assignment Name. I understand how to make a Pivot table to show the total number of assignments for each employee, but how would I make a pivot table showing for each employee the number of assignments where Complete = Y? Thanks! Ken Add the Complete field to the Page area of the pivot table. From the dropdown, choose Y, and the pivot table will be filtered f...

Sum Formula #2
I have two spreadsheets in a workbook. One has forecasts by week and the other is used for planning purposes. I need to put sum formula in my planning sheet to add up the forecasts for a set period of time. The number of weeks to sum would vary by line (I have over 500 lines in my spreadsheet so don't want to have to do this manually. e.g If I need to sum 6 weeks the formula would be SUM(E6:J6) If I need to sum 8 weeks the formula would be SUM(E6:L6) If I need to sum 9 weeks the formula would be SUM(E6:M6) TIA Rob With the number of weeks in cell B4 -- =SUM(OFFSET(Forecasts!E6...

invalid use of property message
I am trying to cre4ate a macro that checks the value of a number of sheets to determine if they are already visible and if so it will not close them - With Sheets("Pay Inflation - Biometrics") Sheets ("Statistics") Sheets ("Direct Cost Savings Breakdown") Sheets ("OT Reduction") Sheets ("Nurse OT Reduction") Sheets ("Premium Labor Utilization") Sheets ("Pay inflation - Timestamp") Sheets ("Calculation Error") Sheets ("Le...

CHM Help using MFC and VC6
I'm not certain I'm in the right place, so please direct me if there is another forum where this question would be more appropriate. Two questions: 1) Migrating an existing application from using WinHelp to using HTML Help. 2) Building a new application to use HTML Help, using VS6 and MFC. Everything I've found in the MSDN so far is suggesting that building an application in VS6 to use HTML Help is a brutal and bloody process. The preferred approach seems to be use VS.Net. This doesn't make sense, since HTML Help existed long before VS.Net. I can't imagine ...

how to use Field codes in Excel
Hi, I am facing a problem in using custom property values in excel worksheet. Here is my requirement. I want to display the Version No in the footer. how to do the same using custom properties. I have used field codes in Word but could not find the same in excel. Can you pls help ASAP "Radhika" wrote... >I am facing a problem in using custom property values in >excel worksheet. Here is my requirement. I want to >display the Version No in the footer. how to do the same >using custom properties. I have used field codes in Word >but could not find the s...

fast increasing database with only tables
I made an application in msaccess97 and converted this to access2000, this is the front end. The backend is still an access97 database (this is because I found some indexing problems in an access2000 database and this seems to be working perfect) The database is in use by approximately 25 persons at the same time for about 1.2 year now. The size of the database stayed about the same for a period of 1 year. But recently the backend grows very fast (from 200MB to 1000Mb in one week time) every time it is compressed, its size is reduced again. To find the reason for this I compacted the da...

Migrate data from 1.2 to 3.0
Hi Can i use the data migration framework to migrate data from 1.2 SBS to 3.0 Professional after doing all the required mappings ? Is there an easier way to have data from 1.2 SBS moved to 3.0 Professional? Unfortunately you cannot move data between deployments. You can only upgrade the existing CRM 1.2 deployment to 3.0. There is no 1.2 SBS Edition, so you may have to redeploy the 1.2 environment to a new place, then upgrade the system. -- Laszlo Kovacs MCSE+S, MCT, Microsoft Dynamics Certified Master "Jij" wrote: > Hi Can i use the data migration framework to migrate d...

How to install software on a terminal server/use microsoft office through RDP
My boss is asking me to figure this out, so I do not know all the configurations he is using. I can tell you its Windows server 2k3. He wants to be able to RDP to server, and work physically on the server. He also needs to have office 2003 license installed. So the greater question is "how to use ms office 2k3 through RDP on microsoft 2003 server?" -- jgosney ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jgosney's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/159717.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-server-help/1277...

How to read B-LOB data from Oracel DB using Pro*c
Hello, I'm trying to read B-LOB data in Oracle Database using Pro*c. I know how to read it with char mode. What I want to know is read it with binary mode. Are there any good person help me? Let me know if you have a good sample source. Thanks and have a nice day. ...

How do I print my calendar without private appointments?
I'm trying to print a calendar and hide my private appointments. I also don't want the word private appointments to be on my calendar too. I still want to keep my private appointments on my computer system, just not on the printed copy. I saw this question posted in 2006 and Sue Mosher's answer was to filter a view in Outlook so that private appointments wouldn't print. How do you filter a view in Outlook 2003? R-click in the calendar, pick Customize Current View, Filter...... paigehcm wrote: > I'm trying to print a calendar and hide my private ...

Converting from Lotus 1, 2, 3 docs
I have a user who has a bunch of Lotus 1, 2, 3 spreadsheets that he is trying to convert to Excel. His version of Lotus is old (version 5), his version of Excel is 2000 sp2. The files convert but they are missing pages or headings or other unacceptable qualities. Anyone any advice? Michael If you open the files using Excel and save them to an .xls format in the current version you are losing data? A while back I needed to do this. I wrote an application in VB that loops through the files, opens them using Excel (add a reference in VB to MS Office 10) and then save them in the current ...

Pivot Table Shows Only Zeros
My pivot table displays zeros instead of numbers. I have tried re-formatting the numbers to "General" and "Number" and "Text". I have tried changing "Count" to "Sum". I can see the correct numbers in the spreadsheet but not in the pivot table. Please advise. DOUG ECKERT Changing the format of a cell doesn't change the value. If your data is in A2:A99, then try this in two empty cells: =counta(a2:a99) and =count(a2:a99) =counta() will count the number of cells that have something in them. =count() will count the nu...