Using Lotus 123 command in excel 2003

I m using Office 2003. But problem is that there i could not able to use
lotus 123 command.

Why so?

Please help me

Rao Ratan Singh

Why would you? I believe it allows for some things to be done and you can go
to tools>options>transition to change a few things

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Rao Ratan Singh" <RaoRatanSingh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I m using Office 2003. But problem is that there i could not able to use
> lotus 123 command.
>
> Why so?
>
> Please help me
>
> Rao Ratan Singh

0
terre081 (3244)
8/28/2005 4:11:38 PM
The feature you're referring too (Help, Lotus 1-2-3 Help) last appeared in
Excel 2002.  Microsoft has been gradually cutting back on its 1-2-3 support
and this is just another step in that process.

If you have any questions on how to do something in Excel this is the place
to ask.  It's best to go "cold turkey" when learning Excel (been there<g>).

--
Jim
"Rao Ratan Singh" <RaoRatanSingh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I m using Office 2003. But problem is that there i could not able to use
> lotus 123 command.
>
> Why so?
>
> Please help me
>
> Rao Ratan Singh

0
jrrech (1933)

Excel slow to open a book, but fast empty
Cheers! My Excel 2002 has been working fine, but lately has got a problem: it is very, very slow when opening an xls file by clicking it. It is fast as it should when I open it empty from the start menu. If I create the simplest possible book by just typing something in one cell and saving it, opening it is still slow. Perhaps this format is easier: 0. Excel has been working as it should. 1. Fast when running from start menu, opening an empty book. 2. Slow when clicking an xls file, independent of book complexity. Excel comes up with a transparent main window, but with everything else visi...

HTML edit for email template in Outlook 2003
If I'm editing new mail, I can set MS Word as editor and use script editor to access the HTML source. Now I'm creating a template for the autoreply, and it doesn't offer a choice to switch to MS Word. What should I do to edit the mail template content then? -- If you want to mail to me, please replace all instance of "e" to "a" in my email address. Thank you. Sorry for any inconvience caused, but there's many spam-mailers. ...

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

Is there a way to export and save file properties for an Excel do.
Can this be done either in text or XML? ...

using forms

Excel Display Errors in file
I have several excell 2000 documents that when opened, the first sheet in the workbook will display most of the data at around a size 72 font that will not show in the cell. All the other sheets in this workbook are fine. This also effects the column and row headings (A B C, 1 2 3). If I go to View > Zoom and zoom from the default of 75% to anything else, it fixes the problem. I can then zoom back to 75% and everything still looks fine. (Including row and column headings) The next time I open the file, the first sheet is still messed up. I have tried saving to web page and...

Using Spanish on Publisher

EXCELL Protection
There needs to be better protection on locked cells. It is possible to alter the formatting of a locked cell by pasting into the cell. Example pasting an entry copied from a % format into a currancy format changes the cell to %. This also follows with coulours etc. Secondly a formula in a locked cell can be corrupted by inadvertantly removing cells that it refers to and then replacing them. Mald Hi have you protected the sheet? (Tools - Protection') -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Mald wrote: > There needs to be better protection on locked cells. > > It is ...

oUTLOOK 2003 12-16-09
I bought a new pc with Vista os and set up my email account. I hit send receive and the start dat is going back to January 2009 and over 8,000 emails need to be received. How can I change this so it only downloads last 15-30 days? Thanks Bill It all depends on which account type you are using. If you are using POP3, move all the messages that you do not wish to download to a separate folder on the server and then start Outlook. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, ...

topographical data maps in excel
I have seen this done, and would like to know how to create topgraphical maps of data sets using excel. I want to take a sample of data ponts and plot the points (easy), than color the plot based upon the values of the points You seem to have been neglected by our community. Yes, it can be done, if I understand your intention correctly. The topography in your approach means, in a sense, the 3D chart. The first two of the three values defininig each point specify the x- and y-coordinates (like on a map); the third value is represented by prescribed colors or shades. You must have you...

FormulaR1C1 using variables

SBS 2003 + Terminal Server
Our company is in process to implement Great Plains and MS Solutions Partner suggested next configuration: 1 server - WS 2003 standart (Terminal Server) 2 server - WS 2003 Standart + SQL 2000. Is it possible to use on server 2 Small Business Server 2003 Premium ? What about problems with domain? Regards, I do not believe it is possible to have two machines running Windows SBS 2003 because each machine will want to be the domain controller. I think you'd be better off with: Machine 1: Windows 2003 with Terminal Services Machine 2: Windows 2003 with SQL Server. This machine can also...

In Excel, how do I insert User Name (author) in a cell.
The function =CELL("filename",A1) returns a file name and sheet name in a cell. How can I obtain the User Name? You can write some VBA to do it. Sub Return_UserName() Sheets("sheet1").Range("A2").Value = Application.UserName End Sub -- Excel_Geek ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Excel_Geek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26423 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=398347 And to return just the filename (if you like) you can use this for...

Using XML with ASP.NET

Can't restore Outlook 2003 from the notification area (Windows XP Pro)
If I minimise Outlook to the systray, and then attempt to restore it at a later time I receive the following message in an XP balloon. "Outlook is not responding. If you are using an Exchange server email account you can cancel pending server requests by clicking the Outlook icon in the notifications area and then clicking Cancel Server Request on the shortcut menu. " I am not using Exchange, therefore I don't have the option to cancel server requests - this is a standalone system - it's not even networked! How do I resolve this? I have to restart the system to get it ru...

How do I import Excel into Microsoft Money
#1 - This question is more likely to get an answer in the Money newsgroup than here #2 - Place your question in the body of the message, with a little more explanation of what you want to accomplish "Tax Help" wrote: > You can't do it directly. The only formats that Money can import are QIF and OFX. Go to Google and search for excel money import qif to get multiple hits including macros and/or commercial solutions. One the I found is http://www.bigredconsulting.com/AboutXLQIFConverter.htm Their program is $39. On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 12:55:03 -0800, "Tax H...

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

Importing Excel data into Access?
Can Excel data be imported into Access easily!? I know from Word table I can simply copy and paste but it is not that easy when doing from Excel to Access! I downloaded this manual from http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/training-manuals/Access2003Intro.pdf but couldn't find this topic If anyone knows please let me know! Cheers Raj Hello, there are plenty of sources. e.g.: http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC102722321033 Stefan. "Rajeev Rawat" wrote: > Can Excel data be imported into Access easily!? I know from Word table &g...

Using secured OMA

Inner Borders in Excel 2007
Before in pre-Excel 2007 world, I used to be able to select a range of cells, click on a button to get vertical or horizontal boarders for the range selected. In Excel 2007 I can only apply outer boarders. Was this feature removed? I now have go to "format cells", then select the "borders" tab to do the same. Where did the buttons for inner vertical/horizontal boarders go? Thanks. louishong - Home ribbon > (Font group) drop down between Underline and Fill Color - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com <louishong@lycos.com> wrote in message...

scatter plots using pivot table data