Using Group function with a protected workssheet

Hello.  How can I use the "Group" function in Excel to
group and ungroup rows in a Protected worksheet. (Can I
even do it?)

I have tried using the "Allows user to edit range"
function, but that does now work.

Thanks,
Gardner

If you already have the outline applied, you can protect the worksheet in code
(auto_open/workbook_open??).

Option Explicit
Sub auto_open()
    With Worksheets("sheet1")
        .Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True
        .EnableOutlining = True
    End With
End Sub

It needs to be reset each time you open the workbook.  (excel doesn't remember
it after closing the workbook.)

(you could use the workbook_open even under ThisWorkbook, too.)

Don't forget to lock the VBA Project, too.  Else you'll have inquisitive types
looking at your code and seeing the password.

Inside the VBE, you can lock the project.
Tools|VBAProject Properties|Protection tab.
Give it a memorable password and lock the project for viewing.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

error C2440: 'type cast' : cannot convert from 'overloaded-function' to 'LPHANDLER_FUNCTION'
I wrote a VC program for service...In VC 6 it working fine...But In Visual Studio 2005 it got errorrs... My code is give below.... void CRRMService::ServiceMain() { int error; //MEMORYSTATUS memory; int result; ServiceStatus.dwServiceType = SERVICE_WIN32; ServiceStatus.dwCurrentState = SERVICE_START_PENDING; ServiceStatus.dwControlsAccepted = SERVICE_ACCEPT_STOP | SERVICE_ACCEPT_SHUTDOWN; ServiceStatus.dwWin32ExitCode = 0; ServiceStatus.dwServiceSpecificExitCode = 0; ServiceStatus.dwCheckPoint = 0; ServiceStatus.dwWaitHint ...

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

using forms

Using Spanish on Publisher

EXCELL Protection
There needs to be better protection on locked cells. It is possible to alter the formatting of a locked cell by pasting into the cell. Example pasting an entry copied from a % format into a currancy format changes the cell to %. This also follows with coulours etc. Secondly a formula in a locked cell can be corrupted by inadvertantly removing cells that it refers to and then replacing them. Mald Hi have you protected the sheet? (Tools - Protection') -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Mald wrote: > There needs to be better protection on locked cells. > > It is ...

FormulaR1C1 using variables

Using XML with ASP.NET

Using secured OMA

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

Refresh data in Protected worksheet
Does the work sheet protection work properly when refreshing data from access. I have the range I want to refresh Unlocked and unhidden and the rest of the worksheet protected, but when i refresh it tells me the worksheet is protected and I cant refresh. Is there something I'm missing or is this a shortcoming of worksheet protection? KT just hazarding two guesses. are you talking about a macro that does it? if so... are you providing a password to unprotect before you refresh the data? ActiveSheet.Unprotect "password" 'your refresh code would go after the above sta...

Using resources, how to ?

scatter plots using pivot table data

Allow temporarily use of right click

How to use interfaces

What do you use Excel for?

Sub/Function Arguments
I have posted this question in programming questions too... However, I am wondering if it is possible to provide options for Sub/Function arguments just as VB does for intrisic methods, so that when a user is typing out the method call, a drop down box appears for each argument showing available options? Thanks In Advance "MPM1100" <MPM1100@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5D8FD83-9227-4C7F-B717-0C0E29E6CECA@microsoft.com... >I have posted this question in programming questions too... However, I am > wondering if it is possible to provide options ...

Recovery Storage Group
As far as I understand, in exchange 2003, the recovery storage group purpose is to let us restore a database and its mailboxes. But it can't be done without mounting a new mailbox database on ANOTHER exchange server inside the same administrative group. But, we're not that big so only one exchange server is needed here. QUESTION: most of the time, if not all the time, a user needs to retrieve an old email, not all its mailbox. However, can we simply restore an email within a user mailbox from a backup instead to restore everything on another exchange server and then take it back ...

using extended desktop mode
How can I move an Excel spreadsheet onto my second monitor. Word and Internet provide no problems, I just click & drag. Same way. You have to have the application window in a non-maximised state though, and you can then drag it from one to the other, or even size it so it spreads across the two screens completely. If I have the window maximised though, I am unable to drag it from screen to screen. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ------------------------------�-------------------------...

How do I used the outlook?
I don't know my microsoft exchange sever so I can't put in the right user name. What should I do? Version of Outlook? Close outlook. Go to control panel, mail and delete the current profile and make a new profile - Choose the correct account type - for most people its POP3, but could be IMAP. If you need more assistance with this we need to know the version of Outlook and who your email provider is. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:daily...