using ( ) for negative numbers

Is there anyway to permanently set neg. number formatting to display as ( )
without going in and editing custom numbers for each workbook?
0
tee (25)

Hi,

For specific models?  Styles may suite your needs.  Alternativel record the
sequence of formatting the number as a macro and then either apply a short
cut to it, or apply it to a new button and place it on the menu bar (or both).

Not sure if there's a better way so check for more replies from others.

Cheers,
Jon

"Tee" wrote:

> Is there anyway to permanently set neg. number formatting to display as ( )
> without going in and editing custom numbers for each workbook?
0
Springbok (23)
2/28/2005 11:05:02 AM
Create  a template workbook with that format, and save as Book.xlt in the
XLStart directory

--

HTH

RP

"Tee" <Tee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there anyway to permanently set neg. number formatting to display as
( )
> without going in and editing custom numbers for each workbook?

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
2/28/2005 11:08:31 AM
Thanks! That works perfectly!

Tee

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

> Create  a template workbook with that format, and save as Book.xlt in the
> XLStart directory
>
> --
>
> HTH
>
> RP
>

> "Tee" <Tee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there anyway to permanently set neg. number formatting to display as
> ( )
> > without going in and editing custom numbers for each workbook?

0
tee (25)
2/28/2005 11:43:01 AM
Of course, that suggestion is imperfect. You can create the custom format,
but you will still need to select it each time.

--

HTH

RP

"Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> Create  a template workbook with that format, and save as Book.xlt in the
> XLStart directory
>
> --
>
> HTH
>
> RP
>

> "Tee" <Tee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there anyway to permanently set neg. number formatting to display as
> ( )
> > without going in and editing custom numbers for each workbook?

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

Add times, convert to number not time of day?
Okay, this should be pretty simple. 17:24:00 + 00:24:00 = 7 5:00 PM + 9:30 PM = 4.5 That's what i'm trying to achieve. A start time, a finish time, and the time it took between them. Not a clock time of 5pm + 9pm = 2am How can this be done? thanks, Benjamin i forgot, i might want to add this in. I did this: a1 - 9:30 a2 - 10:00 a3 = a2-a1 the result is .02 ??? =MOD(B1-A1,1) format as hh:mm or [h]:mm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "spezticle" <spezticle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7093FF53-BA3B-4003-B4D3-65941455C6FB@microsoft.com... >...

using forms

Possible incorrect number of sent emails reporting
Hi, I have a strange issue - 'possibly'. I have a 2 week report from a client's SBS 2003 Exchange server, and I see a spike in the number of sent emails from a particular user - over 800 sent over a 2 week period. Since that time, we have turned on SMTP logging and upon reviewing a recent 5 day report from that log, I only count around 75 emails sent from the same user over those 5 days. My client wants to know why those 800+ emails are showing from the Exchange server performance report, and if that report is incorrect. The trends in the outgoing SMTP logging for that server ...

Using Spanish on Publisher

FormulaR1C1 using variables

High number of page faults per second, but has enough memory?
Hi, I'm having a problem with an application, it easily has enough physical RAM but it's generating a very large number of page faults (2000 per second). Does anyone know why this might be? ...

Using XML with ASP.NET

Average of Numbers in Top 5
How do I tell excel to look at only the top x numbers in a list of values? For example, if I have 100 scores and I want Excel to calculate the average of the top 10 scores, how do I do that? Thanks One way =AVERAGE(LARGE($A$1:$A$100,ROW(INDIRECT("1:10")))) entered with ctrl + shift & enter regards, Peo Sjoblom "Jake" wrote: > How do I tell excel to look at only the top x numbers in a list of values? > For example, if I have 100 scores and I want Excel to calculate the average > of the top 10 scores, how do I do that? > > Thanks =AVERAGE(LA...

Using secured OMA

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

how to insert both page numbers and footers in the same document
Every time I try to insert both page numbers and a footer in the same document, one of them disappears. It seems to make no difference which I insert first You need to put the page number _in_ the footer (or header). What steps are you performing? Which version of Word? On Jan 19, 5:54=A0am, Sheila <She...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Every time I try to insert both page numbers and a footer in the same > document, one of them disappears. It seems to make no difference which I > insert first I'm guessing this is Word 2007 and you are using the Build...

Using resources, how to ?

scatter plots using pivot table data

Allow temporarily use of right click

How to use interfaces

What do you use Excel for?

using extended desktop mode
How can I move an Excel spreadsheet onto my second monitor. Word and Internet provide no problems, I just click & drag. Same way. You have to have the application window in a non-maximised state though, and you can then drag it from one to the other, or even size it so it spreads across the two screens completely. If I have the window maximised though, I am unable to drag it from screen to screen. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ------------------------------�-------------------------...

Formula for numbers=color
I am trying to make a cell or the numbers in a cell turn red when they are certain numbers, like 20 for example. If I enter 20 in the cell it turns red. Trying to make a lotto sheet so I can easily find my lotto numbers. Thanks On 20 Sep 2004 16:32:22 -0700, vile5@comcast.net (Vile) wrote: >I am trying to make a cell or the numbers in a cell turn red when they >are certain numbers, like 20 for example. If I enter 20 in the cell >it turns red. Trying to make a lotto sheet so I can easily find my >lotto numbers. > >Thanks Look at Conditional Formatting (under the Format...