If I use user defined variables in MS query to import data into excel sheet,
the query executes but no data gets imported into the excel sheet.
If I get rid of the variable the results can be imported into the Excel sheet.
0
snb (2)

Accurate Gross Margin Tracking on Variable Cost Items
GP 8.0 We custom order products. We use a fixed SKU for the product because it is custom ordered in different sizes and colors. Each order has a different cost. How can we set it up so that we have accurate gross margin information on the sale? Basically we would like to type in the cost on the sales order so we know exactly what the GM is. We enter the cost in the purchase order (which we generate via SOP to POP), but it appears that the cost isn't reflected until the next Sales Order so our GM tracking on a per order basis is completely off. Thanks, Jason ...

Populating XML data
Hi Guys, I'm fairly new to Powershell (and XML) and have come across a stumbling block that I can't resolve. I'm trying to write some code to poulate an XML file with data about sites within our organisation. This issue is with the nested nodes (I think they're called nodes?) The XML which I hand wrote looks like this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <Organisation> <Site> <Code>MEL</Code> <Name>Melbourne</Name> <MailServer>MAILSRV1</MailServer> <State>VIC</State>...

New to User Forms

Users Shared Folders

Error number of columns does not match the header row! on Import
I am trying to import data from GoldMine into CRM and getting Error number of columns does not match the header row! can anybody help Many thanks in advance Hi Jim how are you importingthem are you using scribe, or a diffferent tool -- Alistair 2B.net http://www.crmdeployment.co.uk "Jimbo" wrote: > I am trying to import data from GoldMine into CRM and getting Error number > of columns does not match the header row! can anybody help > Many thanks in advance Check the thread of 20/3/2007 "Number of columns does not match the header row" I think it'l...

Importing .txt file
I'm trying to import an .txt file into excel 2000 which has to many columns, is there anyway I can increase the number of columns. With Excel 97 it would show me the data for the columns upto its maximum, but excel 2000 just crashes Hi no way to increase the number of columns in Excel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany SimonT wrote: > I'm trying to import an .txt file into excel 2000 which > has to many columns, is there anyway I can increase the > number of columns. With Excel 97 it would show me the data > for the columns upto its maximum, but excel 2000...

email Merge in MS Word 2008 #3
Hi, I keep being told that Microsoft Word in MS Office 2008 for Mac can do an email version of a form letter provided you were also using the corresponding version of MS Entourage as your email program. (By and by, I am). I am running OS X 10.6.2 Snow Leopard on an iMac 20". The help files in MS Word seem hopelessly inadequate. They do not mention email merging. I assume I am supposed to find the tool in the mail merge manager under the tools menu, but under create new, I only find four options: Letter, Envelope, Label and Catalog. There seems to be no entry for email, not even a greye...

I can't wrap my head around this query
I have two tables. One that has ComputerID and some other fields. The ComputerID field is unique. I also have another table that has a non-unique Computer ID field and a SWName record for each software program installed on that computer. What I would like to do is find out what ComputerIDs DO NOT have a specific program (ProgramA). I was thinking I would get what I needed if I could take the results for those ComputerIDs that DO have ProgramA and compare that with all of the ComputerIDs possible and take the difference. Is there some way to do this? If not, what would I have to add to ...

Users not showing up All Users

I have never been so upset with MS in my life...
I absolutley cannot believe this.... Can anyone from Microsoft please justify the logic here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not know much about Vista, but her is the scenario... A neighbor of mine calls and says their computer will not update to Vista SP1 from the Windows update.... No, that cannot be right I say.... I'll be right over.... Famous last words.... I ran the SP1 update on their computer, and sure enough.... AFTER, yes I said AFTER the computer spent about 3 hours tying to update... I saw a message that said that the service pack could not update and was the...

Importing multiple text files to spreadsheet
Just wondering if anyone might know if there's a way to automate this problem: I have 200 text files that need to be imported to 1 worksheet on Excel. - each file should be imported to 1 column in the Excel worksheet - the 'next' file imported to the next column - thus after the import, there should be 200 filled columns - starting with zero columns filled ??? Any ideas? ========================== FYI: essentially, i'm trying to get information from the text files - which represent 1 record - to a database, & i'm using a spreadsheet to do this coz after the i...

user breakpoint

Problem with SUMPORDUCT formula
I have more info in my other post (Tracking sheet help) & (sumproduct function, Bob P please see tracking sheet help). I'm using this in Sheet 2 (LTC) =IF(D3="","",D3-C3) and this in sheet 3 (OTP) =SUMPRODUCT(--(LEFT(LTC!$F$3:$F$192,4)=OTP!A8),--(LTC!$E$3:$E$192<=--"0:10"),--(LTC!$E$3:$E$192<>"")) =SUMPRODUCT(--(LEFT(LTC!$F$3:$F$192,4)=OTP!A8),--(LTC!$E$3:$E$192>=--"0:10"),--(LTC!$E$3:$E$192<>"")) I"m counting vehicles that pass a location. Sheet 2 (LTC) column C is the time they are scheduled ...

print only datas
hi i like to print only the datas but not the rows and collumns in the ms access Kaja, It sounds as though you are printing directly from the table. This will produce a report with column headers, row lines, and column lines. You'll need to create a custom Report (using Report Design mode) where the fields/controls on that report do not have any visible borders. -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work a day in your life." <kaja48380@gmail.com...

Need User Name and Password

Encrypting MS Money files?
I am not a MS Money user yet, but am trying to figure out from their literature if they have any security built into the software. Does it encrypt, or "just" password protect the database file on the hard drive? I'm worried about my laptop getting stolen and all my financial information being available. Should I invest in a hard drive encryption package too? What about those USB Key's that will lock down a folder or drive? What's everybody's recommendation to guarantee that your data cannot be retrieved in the event of the computet getting stolen? Thanks, Bob ...

How to summarize Access query data?
I have a table and a resulting query with 1,400 records. I would like a summary page for a given category. For example, there are 20 people and each has a number of work orders they are responsible for. Each work orders has a discrete identification number. I want two numbers per person: (1) the number of orders they have (a count) and (2) the sum of all the "Remaining Hours" each person has associated with their associated orders. (The existing query takes the estimated hours and subtracts the actual hours with the result being the "Remaining Hours.") This is...

Problem with Retail Realm Price Matrix
hey everyone, we have a cash and carry store and we installed RR Customer price matrix(CPM) with RMS. the problem is as soon as we install CPM our transaction screen becomes very slow especially when there are more than 15 items in the transaction which in our case is always. does anybody else had the same problem with this utilitie and how did they solve this problem. thank you in advance I have not used this addon but have you tried contacting Retail Realm to see what they say? Rob "Shoby" <Shoby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B35243EC-6C05...

Random Users Calendars not viewable

Editing Data source from imported web query
Hi, I've currently got an Excel sheet with a table I've imported from a web page I've created. This was done using the Data->Import External Data->New Web Query. The page itself is a CGI script and as such takes arguments in the address. I was wondering if anyone knows how I can alter that URL from a cell in Excel. Specifically I want to be able to change the hostname in a cell in Excel and the corresponding ?hostname='blah' to change. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Jim It seems to me that you'll need a macro to do what you're trying to accomp...