Use Pivot Table data in formula

I have a pivot table that changes based on the "Job
Number" value I choose in the PAGE section of the pivot
table.  I have a formula elsewhere on the spreadsheet
that picks up the value from the "Amount" column of the
pivot table.  Problem is that when I change the "Job
Number" in the pivot table the external formula gives me
the #REF! error because it is still looking for the data
from the previous job.  Any way to change that external
formula to a relative formula so that it picks up the
current amount in the pivot table instead of erroring out
when I change the "Job Number" value?

Hope this is clear enough.

Thanks
0
anonymous (74717)

You can use the GETPIVOTDATA function to extract data. Look in Excel's
help for information and examples for your version of Excel.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

using forms

Using Spanish on Publisher

Taking Certian Data only from 2 Spreadsheets
Hi All, I have 39 Excel Spreadsheets & there are only certain figures i woul like in each spreadsheet & they are all in the same Coloumn & row. would like these figures to go into another spreadsheet i have create how can i do this?? Is it possible? Can i transfer them over into a ne spreadsheet so within this new sheet i then can caculate them all. Woul appreciate all the help. Cheers Wil -- william444 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- william4444's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3399 View this...

Finding all table and fields that are involved in a one to many relation (on many side) with a given field
Hi, I have a master table, and several other tables that are related to this master through one to many relations. How can I find all tables and fields which are in relation with the primary key in the master table, on "many" side? I know I can extract this by querying views from INFORMATION_SCHEMA, but I don't know where exactly I can find this info Thank you One way Select op.name As ParentTableName, oc.name As ChildTableName, c.name As ChildColumnName From sys.foreign_key_columns kc Inner Join sys.objects op On kc.parent_object_id = op.object_id Inner Jo...

Selecting A single Month From a Table with Multiple Months
The following code is used as the criteria in a selct query for a date field: >=DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date())-1,1) And <=DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),0) It has worked fine until the table included records from January 2010, database was created in 2009. Is there a fix or a better way to accomplish the intent? Not sure what your problem is the expressions you have return the first and last day of the prior month. So this is February 3, 2010 and the expression return 1/1/2010 and 1/31/2010. What do you want returned? What is the problem you are ha...

Formula staying as a formula in a cell?
Does anyone know why a formula stays a formula in a cell? I know that using the aspostrophe makes it like a string, like '=blah+blah, but this one doesn't...I even have made the cell General and made sure that calculate automatic was selected. This thing is driving me nuts. Any suggestions??? You can't just format the cell as general if it was text to start with. You need to format as general AND then hit F2 and then enter. the other possibility is that you have the Formulas view turned on in Tools / Options / View Tab / Uncheck Show Formulas in Window options. Ideally you...

FormulaR1C1 using variables

Using XML with ASP.NET

Using secured OMA

Importing Excel data into Access?
Can Excel data be imported into Access easily!? I know from Word table I can simply copy and paste but it is not that easy when doing from Excel to Access! I downloaded this manual from http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/training-manuals/Access2003Intro.pdf but couldn't find this topic If anyone knows please let me know! Cheers Raj Hello, there are plenty of sources. e.g.: http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC102722321033 Stefan. "Rajeev Rawat" wrote: > Can Excel data be imported into Access easily!? I know from Word table &g...

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

scatter plots using pivot table data

Using resources, how to ?

Refresh data in Protected worksheet
Does the work sheet protection work properly when refreshing data from access. I have the range I want to refresh Unlocked and unhidden and the rest of the worksheet protected, but when i refresh it tells me the worksheet is protected and I cant refresh. Is there something I'm missing or is this a shortcoming of worksheet protection? KT just hazarding two guesses. are you talking about a macro that does it? if so... are you providing a password to unprotect before you refresh the data? ActiveSheet.Unprotect "password" 'your refresh code would go after the above sta...

Pivot Tables, calculated fields
I'm trying to add two calculated fields to a pivot tabe. I'd prefer that the field calculation the takes a row item quantity or dollar figure and calculates the item as a percentage of the total. Such as region xx has 85% of the total sales units but only 78% of the total sales dollars. Can anyone help me? Instead of a calculated field, you can add data fields to the pivot table. In the pivot table wizard, double-click the data field button Click the Options button For 'Show data as', select % of column. Excel GuRu wrote: > I'm trying to add two calculated field...

Help pasting Word table into Excel, please?
(Using Word and Excel XP) I have a table in Word with no merged cells. The text in some cells, however, contain line or paragraph breaks. When copied and pasted into Excel, these cells are always formatted as merged, with a new cell at each line or paragraph break. Is there any way around this, so a cell will copy as a single cell with the breaks in the text? Ed I don't see how merged cells comes into play.... But saved from a previous post: If your cells in your word table contain paragraph mark or linebreak characters, then excel will bring them over as separate cells. On...

Allow temporarily use of right click

Excel Pivot Table with Access
I have Excel Pivot Tables that link to an access database to pull only certain info. I would like users to be able to update their individual pivot table without being able to change the query to include additional information. When I disable pivot table use, the pivot table won't update on open. Thanks for any help. -- Jack ...

How to use interfaces
Hi ... How can you show in an UML diagram using visio that you have 1 class who uses the interface implementet by another ?? ex: C# public class MyClass : ImyInterface { //some code } //And then in another class you will do something like: private ImyInterface imi = new MyClass(); can you show this via UML shapes in Visio ?? thanks in advance ... -- ------------------------------- Med Venlig Hilsen Tonni Schm´┐Żcker Tonni@cool.dk ...