URL in field of CSV file

My web app generates a CSV file for import into Excel.  One column is
a URL that links back to the app to retrieve the original record.  Right now
Excel reads this URL as plain text and the user needs to right-click and
convert to a hyperlink.  Can I get Excel to recognize the URL automatically,
e.g. by formatting it in a special way?  I have complete control over the
content of the CSV file but want to make it as simple as possible for the
Excel users.

Very quick .pst file question
Does my outlook.pst file normally contain everything I need to run outlook? In other words, does outlook store my data in any files that I should be backing up? Thanks. Sue Mosher's Slipstick site has information on How and Where Outlook stores its information: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Sam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6f9f01c3e6cb$8362ddb0$a501280a@phx.gbl... Does my outlook.pst file normally contain everything I need to run outlook? In other words, does outlook store my data in a...

Error message on opening Excel after deleting add-in file
I have two add-in files (AddinA.xlam & AddinB.xlam). I decided to consolidate them into one file with several different modules. So, I moved all of the modules in AddinB to AddinA and deleted AddinB.xlam. Now, every time I open Excel, even with a new workbook, I get this error message: 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data \Microsoft\AddIns\AddinB.xlam' could not be found. ... I have searched all of the relevant workbooks, none of which are open when I get the error message, and cannot find the string "AddinB" anywhere. How do I...

Keeping Archive File in Folders List
I have a colleague who placed the Archive file at the top of her list of folders in Outlook so it is easy to open the Archive file and search for a message or appointment if necessary. She can't remember how she managed to do this and I would love to do this myself.Any suggestions? Thank You File-> OPen-> Outlook Data File... and browse to archive.pst -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Joan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft....

Recordset Field caption property
I am copying data from access to excel and using the following code For i = 0 To rs2.Fields.Count - 1 CurrentValue = rs2.Fields(i).name xlApp.Cells(j, i + 1).Value = CurrentValue Next i Instead of using the name of the rs2.fields(i), I want to use its caption property. Is there a way to do this? thanks "TCF" <TCF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E16C9126-7757-4367-90D6-497E3D5A89DA@microsoft.com... >I am copying data from access to excel and using the following code > For i = 0 To rs2.Fields.Count - 1 > CurrentValue = rs2.Fields(i).nam...

restoring an Excel File
I accidently deleted content from a file, then saved the file. Is there anyway to recover the original content once a file has been written over Only if you've got a backup. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "cmagrp" <cmagrp@aol.com> wrote in message news:26B84D97-3B55-4475-AB3A-A1F61F148FD6@microsoft.com... > I accidently deleted content from a file, then saved the file. Is there anyway to recover the original content once a file has been written over cmagrp w...

Office 2003 SP3
Guys, I suspect we have a problem comming from the SP3 of Office 2003. The text import wizzard has some kind of internal logic to dynamically select the File origin (code page). For example: for the 2 txt files below it will chose 2 different code pages: For VED.TXT wizard will choose 1251 Cyrillic (Windows) For VED2.TXT wizard will choose 1254 Turkish (Windows) It is not a problem if user opens the txt file manually - s/he than has the opportunity to specify the code page correctly in case the wizzard has chosen the wrong one. The problem comes when other programs (like our on-line b...

How To Track Clicks from your MS Word Resume using a URL shortener
Like many people with a technical background, I have lots of links in my resume to companies I have worked for and projects I have completed. When I send out a resume I would like to know whether people click on the links in the resume, but normally I can only get stats for sites I control (using Google Analytics Campaign Tracking). By using a URL shortening service I can embed links that are specific to the resume that I sent, and I can track every click on that link from that specific resume. The only problem here is that creating those links is time consuming, especially if yo...

Inserting a URL
Hi, I was wondering if Great Plains supports inserting a link into one of the records so the user will be able to look up an Invoice in GP and find a link that will point to some other type of info. So when the user pulls up Invoice Number 123 there will also be a link/URL in one of the fields to http://www.InvoiceInfo123.com Thanks, Andy Andrew, It depends. The italic i icon let's you add links to some records. You may be able to use the Extender product as well. I haven't had time to play with it. The Notes area can be used to attach files or links to files such as Wo...

url
how can I send a url in a message in outlook 2000 no way to use the "send to" function?? "Wolfman" <Wolfman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:741252C1-4C9B-46DC-A3E6-337D4255A7C1@microsoft.com... > csull, > > Create a new Message and then in the body literally type the url out. > > eg. > > http://www.microsoft.com > > -- > Regards, > Ash. What happens if you try IE's File, Send link to menu? Mailto burl (http://www.slipstick.com/addins/gallery/index.htm#mailto) sends links, not the attachments. -- Diane Po...

Convert xls files
Can anyone tell me how to convert xls files to vsd. We use excel to draw maps and are converting to visio? I need to convert all of the past maps to visio format. Thanks for any help provided.. You may look around at this site: http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Best/convert-visio.html ...

OnEnter, go to the same field in the next record of a continuous f
I have a form designed for data entry. It has to be a continuous form for many reasons. My user wants to be able to fill up the data of all the first field, then the second, etc... Is there a way in the code, probably in the OnEnter procedure of the field, to make the cursor move to the same field of the next record ? Thanks for your help ! There's two ways to do this. 1) Goto Tools > Options > Keyboard and Uunder "Move After Enter" select "Next Record" or 2) For each control (what you call field) you want to exhibit this behaviour use this code: Pri...

Remove duplicate enries with blank fields
I need to create a key word index for past issues of a magazine. Th index will be published on the publisher's website. Key words, title and issues are collected in an Excel file, and are alphabeticall sorted. One keyword can have multiple references to articles, but fo eastethic reasons I want to remove duplicate keywords while off cours maintaining the title and issue info. The result should look like this http://www.belastingzaken.nl/trefwoordenregister/P.htm (it's Dutch) I have deleted duplicate key words manually, but since I need to updat this index each month that's just ...

How do I export User Defined fields from Outlook?
I have created several new fields (such as Spouse Title) in my contact list. I don't see these fields when I export it onto an excel spreadsheet. Why and where did I go wrong? -- Tech Trainer It's a limitation. A workaround would be to create a view that holds all the fields that you wish to export. Then simply copy/paste that to Excel. For details see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/exportcontacts.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more ...

Linked Table
Hi, I have a Access 2003 mdb that I have used for years that has worked OK. Recently one of my queries malfunctioned to an external Progress db's linked table. Specifically, the query's table list is missing many of the fields in the table though when I inspect the linked table in the Tables Objects Section I see all the fields. How can I fix my query? TIA, Dan Why post the same question in different newsgroups? (already answered in the other newsgroups you posted in). If your situation is one of the (few) unusual circumstances in which it is necessary/appropriat...

How do I retrieve a previous version of file?
I have just overwritten the only version of a 2MB file with a blank spreadsheet? Can I retrieve the original *.xls file? No. Sorry. Not without using some super-fancy schmancy recovery software that usually costs a bundle. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.piersontech.com www.mrexcel.com "Urospin" <Urospin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5C27EB9-20F3-4CC7-BF6C-7ECC279DBDD9@microsoft.com... > I have just overwritten the only version of a 2MB file with a blank > spreadsheet? Can I retrieve the original *.xls file? What fancy software is available ...

Pre-Populating Fields
I have a table of data that I want to pull numbers from based on different scenarios. I'm not sure how to set this up in Excel. Can somebody help me write this formula? MP wrote: > I have a table of data that I want to pull numbers from based on different > scenarios. I'm not sure how to set this up in Excel. Can somebody help me > write this formula? Yes. Give us some examples to work with. "MP" wrote: > I have a table of data that I want to pull numbers from based on different > scenarios. I'm not sure how to set this up i...

Set FROM field default > Replying to messages in somebody else's mailbox in Outlook 2k3 + exchange 2k3
Scenrio...... I have exchange server running with 1 main mail account where fresh emails come in from customers eg info@mycompany.com now this mailbox is opened by every users account so in the folder view they see their own account lets say dave@mycompany.com and the main info one...... dave inbox sent items outbox info inbox sent items outbox All fine and dandy and emails are working in and out. But if "Dave" for instance wants to answer an email int he info accounts inbox he must select his name in the "from" field everytime (I know I can al...

Hyperlinks to pull up PDF files
I have a column in one of my Excel spreadsheets in which all the cells of that column will have a unique alpha-numeric value. This value corresponds to a specific pdf file on one of my folders on the Server. For example, if one of the cell values is AB123, there will be a pdf file on a different directory named AB123.pdf. I want to set this value to be a hyperlink so that when a user clicks it, its associated pdf file opens. Can someone please help me with this???? Thanks, Hi Dar. With Excel 2003 you can select a cell then go to Insert>Hyperlink and click on the Look In bar and ...

Display a relative field based on prior selection on form
Hello there, I'm looking to do the following, but unsure how to, and i'm not dure if it's possible: - On a form, have a user select a contact record in a lookup field (that i can do) - On the same form, perhaps below the contact lookup, automatically display the Parent Account of the selected Contact field above it. Please note, i'm not a developer. Many thanks in advance, Matt Yes you can, try to use the below one. crm.form.all.contactid[i].parent Hi there, Many thanks for the code provision, but i'm a little unsure how to use it. I place it as an OnChange e...

Case Resolution Fields
Is there any way to change the Resolution field when you close a case to a dropdown box? I know that you can change the exisiting 'Problem Solved' box but this is not the field that all the resolution reports are based upon and to make them accurate we are reliant on the support guys entering exactly the right phrases. I'd like to change it to a dropdown with about 5 resolution methods but can't work out how to do it! Any ideas much appreciated Unfortunately there is no way to do this in CRM 1.2! Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Ruthie" wrote:...

Missing Menu (file)
Outlook 2002, the menu toolbar is missing the FILE menu. It just starts with Edit and ends with Help. Any ideas? Try this: Open Outlook Right click while pointing to your toolbar Select CUSTOMIZE Select the TOOLBARS tab With STANDARD highlighted, Click the RESET button if it is not grayed out Did this help? -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Robert" <robertm@goalquest.com> wrote in message news:04a301c3aabf$72fa2f20$a001280a@phx.gbl... Outlook 2002, the menu toolbar is missing the FILE menu. It just starts with Edit and ends with Help. Any ideas? ...

Change Pivot Table Field List
I'm looking for an example of how to turn on/off certain fields in a pivot table. What version of Excel do you have? I am using Excel 2007 and here's what I do. Right click anywhere in the pivot table and say "Show Field List". From there I can check or uncheck fields I want or do not want to show. If you right click the pivot table again you can hide that list. "S Himmelrich" <himmelrich@gmail.com> wrote in message news:a54c0a1a-476c-4682-bc5f-95620be56ef6@f20g2000yqg.googlegroups.com... > I'm looking for an example of how to turn on/off certain...

Excel creates TMP file everytime savig file
Hi, when I save the file, excel creates tmp file in the same dicectory as the original file is placed. Everytime i click to save this document, it creates another tmp file. When I leave Excel application, tmp files are not deleted. Is it possible to solve this problem? Excel creates a bunch of .tmp files in the Windows Temp folder. If you're seeing them in a different location, it may not be excel (I've never seen xl do this). It may be your antivirus program. One person posted that they saw files that had names like: ~RF26c83af.TMP. It was caused by AVG. You can read her d...

Names in the "to:" field
How do I only let receivers of my emails see only their email in the "to:" field? I dont want my customers to see other customers emails. Thanks That would required a mail merge to electronic mail. An easier solution is just to put the DL in the BCC field. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Micah Van Huss" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2a17b01c4655a$222a5c40$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do I only let receivers of my emails see only their > email in the "to:" field? I dont want my customers to > see other customers emai...

Mandatory Field
Hi, Is it possible to make the department field mandatory in the item master creation screen? Please let me know how this can be done. Thanks CarlG In RMS there is not a way to make certain fields mandatory, although it should be, if you feel strongly that this option should be include make a product suggestion. There are addons that are designed for Matrix Item creation, that allow you to designate certain fields as mandatory. MPlus www.rmsstore.com Icreate www.retailrealm.us Matrix Master www.digitalretailer.com (I have not looked at this product yet) Rob "CarlG" wrote: ...