Urgently need help

Hi,

I want to create a formula i.e.

Based on the entered cell data the next cell data should
be specific.

Example:

If I entered 20033a in A3 cell then the answer in B3 cell
should be Australia and  if A3 cell value contains b
letter it should be NZ else if The cell value is c then
something else. This should come either we drag the cells
or whatever it is.

Please help me how to do this.
If will be appreciable if i get the solution asap.

Thanks in advance

Jyothi

newbie needs help in Ezcel programming #2
Hi everyone, please help me with this, newbie to Excel. I know what I want but, but dont know how to get it! I have a spreadsheet called Rawdata.xls and within that a sheet called "table a". The sheet contains data within B10:I100 where column b contains a list of non-unique codes, and column C contains a number of unique identifiers. Another spreadsheet called Tables.xls contains a sheet called "Numbers". Cell B10 contains a list of all the codes contained in a defined range (which is the same as all the codes in column b of "table a" in RawData.xls What I ...

Function Help
I am wanting to be able to create a a list of results from the number generated by the RANDBETWEEN function. I am hoping to be able to lis these as a table of results. Can anyone help?? The randbetween function randomly generates a number into a singl cell. I want to record each number it generates into a list. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Can you not enter this in A1: =RANDBETWEEN(low, high) and copy down as far as necessary (replacing low and high with your range, of course)? In article <mgrob.147wzc@excelforum-nospam.com>, mgrob <<mgrob....

Outlook 2002 Backup Help Please
I'm planning to reformat my hard drive this weekend, and want to know the best way to backup my Outlook 2002 data. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks You could use Outlook 2000/2002 Add-in : Personal Folder Backup privided by Microsoft : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=8B081F3A-B7D0-4B16-B8AF-5A6322F4FD01&displaylang=en Also, you can find some tutorial here : http://www.sitedeveloper.ws/tutorials/outlook.htm Regards, Cristian "David White" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:eY4btDfCFHA.956@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I&#...

Need formula that will count the number of dates older than today
Hello! Say today's date is 5/1/2007 and I have a column with dates that looks like this: DATE 4/27/2007 4/29/2007 4/30/2007 5/1/2007 5/2/2007 5/3/2007 I need a formula that will count the number of dates that are older than today. For instance, for this list, the formula will output the number 3. I've tried COUNTIF and DCOUNT and I couldn't get either to work. Any idea? Thanks. -Mike One way: =COUNTIF(A2:A7,"<" & TODAY()) In article <1178032685.247643.159600@n76g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>, coolwik@gmail.com wrote: > Hello! > > Say tod...

Urgent assistance required for excel
Hi there I really need help. I have a spread sheet in which has weekly summaries. Each weekly summary is the same but i need to add up the monthly totals. For example A1 = Cow. Below say A10, A30 and A50 have Cow with a total in column B. How can i return a count of all Cow when a Vlookup for example stops looking after the first Cow it comes to. Is there a formula i can use to have Vlookup add all the data in the Range if it includes more then 1 Range lookup?? Hi I think you need CountIF and SumIF functions: =CountIf(A1:A100,"Cow") =SumIf(A1:A100,"Cow&...

File cannot be accessed..... help please!!!
I'll be brief... Trouble opening an xls file, error states "blah.xls cannot be accessed.File may be read only........etc" Have opened it OK with MS Works Spreadsheet and thought I'd cracked it...however... although I can open 4 out of the 5 sheets contained within the file, the 5th sheet will not open. The "a" drive is not able to read it at all. The disk was earlier in the "a" drive when the computer was re-booted.Could this cause a problem? (please say no!) Thanks Steve Stephen From what you say I get the idea that the file is on a disk i...

help
looking for driving game called easter egg i'm told that software designers include one thats a secret message,and need to find the one for microsoft excel 2000 sforward, http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/odd/odd01.htm John "sforward" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5DD4242-ED01-47B1-9AD1-E584626F7E63@microsoft.com... > looking for driving game called easter egg i'm told that software designers include one thats a secret message,and need to find the one for microsoft excel 2000 Hi sforward! Try: John Walkenbach: http://j-walk.com/ss/ex...

Help #5
Below is what I have on a spreadsheet. I need sum up the P&L values for each period (month) by counterparty. If the sum is positive it is an AR, If negative an AP. Anyone know a quick way to do this? Period Counterpart P/L AR AP Jul-05 Coke 5000 Jul-05 Coke 10000 In D2 =IF(C2>0,"AR",) In E2 =IF(C2>0,"AP",) Then highlight D2 to E3 and hit control d "Tim T via OfficeKB.com" wrote: > > Below is what I have on a spreadsheet. I need sum up the P&L values for each > period (month) by count...

Need Help with Custom CTabCtrl
I have several dialog templates that I want to appear in a CTabCtrl of a "parent" dialog box. Basically, everything is working, but I can't seem to find how to deal with the following issues: 1. How do you find out the requires position of the "child" dialog boxes? CTabCtrl doesn't appear to have any method for describing the client area below the tabs. 2. When my "child" dialog box is displayed, pressing tab cycles through each control in the child dialog and not on to those controls that reside in the "parent" dialog box. How do I get tab to...

Chart Help Please #2
Hello Helper I have an Excel workbook. It contains a chart and then several worksheets. Each month I add a worksheet with data and I call it e.g. Apr 05 (I place this on the tab). I then select some data from that worksheet and ass it to the chart. The chart is updated so it shows all data e.g. Jan 05 Feb 05 Mar 05 Apr 05 and so on. I wrote a Macro to help me automate the process but I have two main problems relating to adding a new series to my existing chart: 1) How do I get the name of my new series to be the same as what is displayed on the tab of my worksheet e.g. Feb 05? 2) How...

0.3197774 Now We Can Help Each Other ... 0.4332269
0.3584576 Now We Can Help Each Other ... 0.5827656 0.3197774 Now Visit Tobacco Is Drugs 0.4332269 ...

Need to customize invoice
I have a customer who is looking for a very specific invoice layout to include Price Ex VAT and then a total price column based on what the item quantity was. At the base of the invoice would be the subtotal, then discount amount, then total less discount, then total inclusive of VAT. Any ideas how I can get hold of such of thing? My XML is useless so wouldn't be comfortable rejigging the template. Thanks. Hi Tara, I tried customizing the invoice in the RMS but it doesnot give you a whole lot of options like "Grouped" items or alphabetically ordered items. So currently I ...

Need advice on table design & VBA code
I have a Access 2007 database where I have a couple important tables. One table is for my customers (tbl_Cust) and one table for people I am marketing (tbl_Marketing). My application tracks the time I spend with my customers and then I create an invoice, etc. That all works just fine. I would like to be able to flag my marketing contacts and convert them to customers when I sell them something. So, I was thinking the design of my marketing table could be identical to the Customers table, except I could have a checkbox type field indicating that I have sold them something. Then I could pla...

Need Hotfix as described in 840007
Just recovered from a crash of my Exchange 2000 server. Went ahead and recovered with Exchange 2003. Now all my clients get this error as described in 840007: "There was an error reading the rules from the server. The format of the server rules was not recognized" error message when you access your mailbox after you import it to Exchange Server 2003 It says to contact MS for the hotfix, but do I really have to spend $245 for a phone call? Anyone know of another way to resolve this without spending the money? Thanks! If the fix addresses your issue, you wont be charg...

Can someone help me to understand schema locations?
I have this xml: [xml] <Report p1:schemaLocation="Data_Feed http://server/reportserver?param1=foo&param2=bar" Name="Data Feed" xmlns:p1="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="Data_Feed"> <Data/> </Report> [/xml] And, I'm trying to read it... without success. I'm using code from this KB318545 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318545), but not having much luck. That its not working is probably because I don't understand how to map the info above to the parameters needed ...

* Need serious help with formula/function *
Here's an example of what I need... Cell Value _________________ D3 100.0000 <---------------- Random number entered D7 37.6875 D8 75.3750 <---------------- 100.0000 falls D9 113.0625 in between here. D10 150.75000 D11 188.4375 D12 226.1250 D19 _________ <---------------- Target number I need excel to recognize where the random number ( D3 ) falls on the s...

Help me
I want to custom draw a CListCtl, which has different height for each item. After I changed the lpMeasureItemStruct->itemHeight value in MeasureItem, but found all items height changed. Any one know how to set different height for each item. Many thanks Create the list box with the LBS_OWNERDRAWVARIABLE style. On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 15:15:07 +1000, jh_Zzz wrote: >=A0I want to custom draw a CListCtl, which has different height for each= item. > >=A0After I changed the lpMeasureItemStruct->itemHeight value in MeasureItem, >=A0but found all items height changed. > >=...

Help on "Define Name"
D'all, Plz help on "Defien Name" under Insert menu in excel and How can I use defined names in excel formula. If I have defined two areas for two different tables in same sheet and both the tables have a same column Lable then how can I distinguish between them. A good place to start is Microsoft online help! http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA101471201033.aspx?pid=CH100648431033 "Sandeep Jangra" wrote: > D'all, > Plz help on "Defien Name" under Insert menu in excel and How can I use > defined names in excel formula. If I have defi...

HELP! Importing an Address book
I use in my ofc, Netscape, I need to copy(import) my address book from Netscape to Outlook (NOT EXPRESS) and I can't find any help on MS site. Can someone PLEASE tell me how to import Netscape Address book into Outlook?!!?!?!? "David" <friedman@peace-inc.org> wrote in message news:1cc3801c45301$abfe50e0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I use in my ofc, Netscape, I need to copy(import) my > address book from Netscape to Outlook (NOT EXPRESS) and I > can't find any help on MS site. Can someone PLEASE tell > me how to import Netscape Address book into > Outlook?...

Batch
I have vendors that have multiple addresses. When I am creating the batch, I select the address that I want to be put on each check. But when printing the checks, the system picks up the default address, not the one that I selected. How can I select the address that I need, without the system picking up the default address when I print the checks? When you enter the original transaction, do you change the Remit to address ID on the transaction to the one you want to print on the check? In version 10 if you have transactions with different Remit to IDs, you'll get a check for e...

Help: Multiple filters with mutually exclusive items
I'm creating a spreadsheet from my online bank statement. All of the transactions are imported so that the descriptions are in one column, the amounts in another. What I'd like to do is create filters that contain transaction descriptions and amounts broken down into categories. For example: Let's say this is the imported data A B Description Amount Joe's Supermarket $14 Exxon $23 Con Edison $40 Jane's Grocery $19 Mobil $28 Mobil Market $16 Whole Foods $17 I'd like to create fil...

What need to change in asp.net if web server update from IIS6 to IIS7?
What need to change in asp.net application if web server update from IIS6 to IIS7? Our company just created a new web server using windows 2008 and iis7. -- Message posted via DotNetMonster.com http://www.dotnetmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/asp-net/201003/1 On Mar 2, 10:14=A0pm, "aspfun via DotNetMonster.com" <u53138@uwe> wrote: > What need to change in asp.net application if web server update from IIS6= to > IIS7? > Our company just created a new web server using windows 2008 and iis7. > > -- > Message posted via DotNetMonster.comhttp://www....

Financial Spreadsheet Help (2007)
I am trying to create a stock portfolio data spreadsheet for Excel 2007, but I am encountering many problems. Firstly, I am trying to find a formula that will divide the current value of the stock with the initial price. However, I receive a #Value error (or some equivalent) whenever I try to enter =Quotient(G6:G100,F6-F100). Also, can Excel automatically change the color of the text depending on the preceeding value? If I enter in $222 in one cell followed by $232 in the next, can Excel color the numbers red or green depending on higher/lower? More later. (If you need further explaining, ...

Re: I need to import data into two tables...?
"i_takeuti" <i_takeuti@mx9.kct. ne.jp> wrote in message news:... > > "Kelvin Beaton" <kelvin at mccsa dot com> wrote in message > news:Om1Fi2GfHHA.928@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >>I have a database that is basically a contact database. >> A Client's table and a Contact's table. >> >> We will be recieving data in a spreadsheet that consistes of contact >> data, and the children's name of the person bing contacted. >> >> I'd like to upload the children's names into the memo field of the >&g...

Access 2007
I have a form that contains data from 5 different tables. When entering the data in the form, not all of the sections (tables) are filled out. Thus, each table contains a different number of entries. For some reason, my form (containing data from all tables) only displays the entries where ALL the tables have been filled out. For example, the form contains Tables A, B, C, D, E. Entry 1 contains information from Tables A, C, D Entry 2 contains information from ALL tables Entry 3 contains information from Table A I want my form displaying all the entries, not just Entry 2. What should ...