Urgent Help Required on Excel Macro Problem

Hi there,

We are facing one problem from around 2 months.Some of our users have
XF_SIC.A virus found in their pc.XF_SIC.A virus generally found in excel
workbook as macro virus.This virus create one excel 4.0 macro sheet with
"very hidden and very protected" attributes in excel 97 workbooks which can't
be removed as it is not seen.every time when infected excel 97 file opens it
infect the default startup excel file(Book1 placed in XLSTART folder) and
then every excel file that will be open will have infection as default file
book1 infected.now our antivirus software mcafee can clean XF_SIC.A but it
can't remove that excel 4.0 macro from excel workbook so every time after
cleaning of virus,when that excel file open again problem start.We had tried
with various antivirus softwares but the problem remains same.During search,
we found that there are some tools available named as "macro remover" that
are able to remove macro 4.0 from excel 97 workbook. I want to know if such
tools available at free of cost or not.I am in need of your suggestions and
solutions.
--
sachin shah
exchange system administrator

try http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/xf.sic.html

Quote:
For customers without Norton AntiVirus:

On the Edit menu, use the Move Sheets option to copy all of your
spreadsheets into a new workbook. After saving this new workbook, exit
Excel and delete the original file. Also delete the file found in the
XLSTART directory.

--
Bryan Hessey
Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21059

problem with signature
I am trying to create a simple signature for my HTML mails, with a link to my website.I want it to be a hover link, no underline. I have made a very simple HTML in Dreamweaver, and all the appropriate attributes and styles are set via CSS. It looks and works fine on my browser. But when I select it as my signature file in OL2003, hover link property disappears and it reverts to the dreaded underline link. Any ideas how achieve this? TIA ...

subtracting columns in a macro
I'm trying to subtract columns in a macro, but since the resulting file will be exported in *.csv format, I only want to subtract the rows that have data in them. Can someone tell me how to do that? Thanks so much! ...

Opening a new instance of Excel

Word Attachment problem
Have a network of PC's with MS Office of various flavours, drawing Email from Exchange Server. On one PC, have had an ongoing problem with Word attachments. PC has ben reformatted, permissions opened up to Admin, Office upgraded, from 2000 through XP to 2003 all with the same result. When you double click on a Word attachment and chosse to open it, you get a 'Serious error' report with the option to restart Word. Sometimes this works other times it just loops through the same. The latest update to Office 2003, when using the 'Send Report' and then using the diagnosis fro...

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

Outlook2k7 over VPN Out of Office Assistant problem
User's computer is not a member of the domain. Mail flows and all looks good till you start the OOF thing. It will just tell you it cannot connect to the server because it's currently unavailable. Now when we add autodiscover.domain.com pointing to the Exchange server to the host file of that computer it works but why? Without it when you run a test it will tell you that a Srv Record lookup for domain.com FAILED (0x8004010F) or Local autodiscover for domain.com FAILED (0x8004010F) yaro Hello yaro, Thanks for your post. The error 0x8004010F usually means MAPI_E_NOT_FOU...

Money '04
I'm trying to use the 'Money Browser' w/in MSN Money 2004 and get "Page Cannot Be Displayed" or sometimes "Action Cancelled", but I can surf the web just fine with my cable modem...what's up with that? I've read on this forum that other users are having difficulties w/ this particular issue, any resolution would be helpful. I've tried: regsvr32 msxml3.dll in start|run also have un-installed and re-installed cookies enabled ...

Formula help... #3
In column A there are cells with team names in them like the following: NYY NYY NYY @OAK @OAK @OAK BOS BOS BOS @TEX @TEX @TEX I would like column B to list all the team names without the @ symbol and column H to list all the teams with the @ symbol. For the example I would like column B to have NYY NYY NYY BOS BOS BOS =COUNTIF(A:A,"@*") and =COUNTIF(A:A,"<>@*") -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Jambruins" <Jambruins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:135965C4-7523-47AB-88DE-D0B12B652CD5@m...

Outlook Mobile Access Problem

Macro must return the name of the button
Hi there, I want to a macro to display the name of the button (or object) from where I am calling that macro. Anyone an idea? thanks, Derek What sort of button (userform, worksheet forms, worksheet control toolbox)? -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove xxx from email address if mailing direct) "Derek Brussels" <Derek Brussels@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8441F83B-89DC-4515-A643-CE8F258DFC1F@microsoft.com... > Hi there, > > I want to a macro to display the name of the button (or object) from where I > am calling that macro. Anyone an idea? > &...

Excel Crash

Excel Edit F2 button changed for Mac???

outlook 2000 help file

EXCEL TROUBLESHOOTING #2

OWA problems #6
Users from outside the firewall can logon succesfully into OWA interface, their mailbox opens, but in the reading pane the only message is "loading..." Also no other functions of OWA interface seems to work (new, contacts...) as well as log off button. However if I try to access OWA from inside the company everything is fine. Windows 2000 Server SP4 Exchange 2003 SP1 On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 11:33:14 -0700, "Ducukm0" <Ducukm0@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Users from outside the firewall can logon succesfully into OWA interface, >their mailbox opens, but in t...

macros disabled
I've just upgraded to Office 2007. Now, when I tried to run a program, it says, "The macros in this project are disabled." What to do? Thanks, Scott I've got it. It was due to the "Missing" references. Mr. Chip Pearson helped identify the problem. "Scott" wrote: > I've just upgraded to Office 2007. Now, when I tried to run a program, it > says, "The macros in this project are disabled." What to do? > > Thanks, > Scott Just as with 2003 you need to enable macros. But, unless the VBIDE is open, you don&#...

Urgent
How do I get my X axis and Y axis to auto scale inside my chart when I add new data in my spreadsheet? -- Sandi Gardner "Sandi" <Sandi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4D8613F-13C3-4C1B-9576-95E44B0AE156@microsoft.com... > How do I get my X axis and Y axis to auto scale inside my chart when I add > new data in my spreadsheet? The default is to do so. Check Format Axis/ Scale, and ensure that Auto is ticked for Min & Max. -- David Biddulph That works for my Y axis but I also need my X axis to auto scale also. -- Sandi Gardner "David B...

In Excel program shows a broken line and don't know how to get ri.

Excel Cells Contents to HTML Pages

How to realize communication problem?
Hello everybody. I am working on a project in which I read/write data via rs-232 from/to my Windows application to/from an microcontroller. Now, my boss wants me to write a library which he can use for different microcontrollers. This library should store any changes of data. So the desired microcontroller should just be able to pick up the data. You can think of it this way: Me, representing the Windows application, put a sheet of information into a drawer. A buddy of mine, (representing a microcontroller) can go to the drawer an pick up the sheet for further treatment. So, my quest...