UPPER CASE/lower case in Excel

I'm working on a mail merge project using Excel and Word.
The imported text I get are all CAPS. Is there a way I can
automagically convert SAM JONES to Sam Jones?
0
anonymous (74719)

Hi
one way:
- try using a helper column (lets say your data is stored in col. A).
Enter the following in B1:
=PROPER(A1)
- copy this formula down
- select this helper column and copy the contents (CTRL+C)
- goto 'Edit - Paste Special' and paste the formula results as 'Values'

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Dickster wrote:
> I'm working on a mail merge project using Excel and Word.
> The imported text I get are all CAPS. Is there a way I can
> automagically convert SAM JONES to Sam Jones?

0
frank.kabel (11126)
2/20/2004 1:21:22 PM
Dickster,

=Proper(A1) if A1 contains SAM JONES

--
Regards,
Auk  Ales

* Please reply to this newsgroup only *
* I will not react on unsolicited e-mails *

"Dickster" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm working on a mail merge project using Excel and Word.
> The imported text I get are all CAPS. Is there a way I can
> automagically convert SAM JONES to Sam Jones?

I received a new computer today. and I had the question before and someone told me to install: "Excell ASAP Utilities" it work, but with the new computer It got uninstalled.  I need to know how to re-install it in my computer

M. R. Orti
ortizm@missouri.ed
Secretar
816-482-5854 - Work
0
anonymous (74719)
4/14/2004 6:01:01 PM
Hi
download this add-in again and install it (using 'Tools - Add-in
manager')

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Maria R. Ortiz wrote:
> I received a new computer today. and I had the question before and
> someone told me to install: "Excell ASAP Utilities" it work, but with
> the new computer It got uninstalled.  I need to know how to
> re-install it in my computer.
>
> M. R. Ortiz
> ortizm@missouri.edu
> Secretary
> 816-482-5854 - Work

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Excel does not perform sum totals on numeric values
Hello, I have a colleague working with Excel 2000 (it's the Romanian version), and from time to time she is experiencing this issue: She is entering numeric values into a column and after that she is trying to sum all the values in the column (the very well-known SUM formula). Weird is that the sum does not work on the column, even if she tries all the tricks in the book, moreover I tried everything I could think of ubt to no effect. In concrete, I tried changing the format of the fields to numeric, tried to copy the values to a different location (only values, no formats at all), but th...

My Excel won't close by using the "X"
My Excel won't close by using the "X" in the upper right- hand corner. Any suggestions? Solsen Are using using Groupwise? If that's the problem. See this MSKB article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260199 Article is specific for 2000 but I think it is valid for other versions. It gives a workaround (use the file menu) and instructions as to how to remove the Groupwise add-in that is responsible for this behavior. Gord Dibben Excel MVP XL2002 On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 14:23:55 -0700, "Solsen" <solsenb@utah.gov> wrote: >My Exce...

How do I email Excel workbooks pages
I have received an email with a blank report, put it in a workbook, now when I fill out and email it will not open, correct extension not assigned to a program ??? Hi Paula, As far as I have found, you can e-mail an entire workbook with x number of pages, but not one page from a workbook (I have been trying to figure this one out for years too!) Solution, though no terribly elegant, is to copy the page onto a blank workbook, strip out any blank pages and send that instead Not a brilliant answer, I know! Jon -- Jon Quixley ---------------------------------------...

EXCEL-Numbers in Sequence
Hi, Someone whou knows how to count the maximum amount of numbers that are in consecutive sequence regardless of their position out of a selected numbers of cells. I have 7 cells which each can contain a number from 1-15. E.g.: 1 4 3 10 8 5 11 Above the max is 3 numbers who are in consecutive sequence i.e. 3 4 5. If someone knows how to make a formula to count this would be great. The Gasell Try this... Create this defined formula. Goto the menu Insert>Name>Define Name: Seq Refers to: =ROW(INDIRECT("1:15")) Ok out Then, assuming your data i...

autocad in excel
how do I make autocad dwg pasted into excel, look like the original drawing? I would export your .dwg as a .bmp using BMPOUT on the command line in AutoCAD. Then import your .bmp file into Excel. Quality may not be that great. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >how do I make autocad dwg pasted into excel, look like the original drawing? >. > make sure to "zoom to extents" (Z E ) before you "update" excel. Whatever you see in autocad, that is what you will see in the excel picture including the zoom, if its tiny on cad it will be tiny on...

Upper Left Green sign
How can I set Excel not to show those green signs in most of the cells that I found disturbing rather than assisting? SUNAN Select Tools >> Options Select the "Error Checking" tab Clear all the tick boxes Regard -- Bonzo12 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Bonzo123's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2418 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=40035 ...

Excel quits when opening multiple files
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel When I highlight several (say 10-15) Excel files in a folder and try to open them with a single open command, a few will load and then Excel quits (and automatically relaunches). Is this a bug in Excel? Or am I doing something wrong? Without more information it's hard to say... the size of the files, the nature of their content, the system resources available, whether you're using Spaces, etc. all have an impact on something like this -- not to mention the specific version & update levels of ...

Excel Formula?
How do I copy and paste a formula that automatically changes its references according to its position on the worksheet? Make sure that the formula does not have $ signs, e.g. change =$A$1*17 to =A17*17 -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Loreilor" <Loreilor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1DDEF97F-11D3-4791-BE10-2FC0C4C41FF7@microsoft.com... > How do I copy and paste a formula that automatically changes its references > according to its position on the worksheet? Select the entire formula in the formula bar. R...

zones in excel charts
I'd like to be able to set up zones in an Excel chart. Imagine a bell curve. Areas under the curve within one standard deviation could be green, those between one and two standard deviations would be yellow, and those more than two would be red. Or I can have an X - Y scatter chart. If the X-axis runs from 0 - 10, I might want 0 - 3 as red, 3 - 5 as green, and 5 - 10 blue. Just as an example. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button...

EXCEL not opening
Has anyone come across Excel not working when trying to Export a Smart List or a Report within ER? We are using citrix and have one user who cannot seem to access Excel. She used to but it just stopped working. No error messages or anything. I have had in occasionally happen to myself but always seems to rectify itself. Any ideas anyone? Please make sure that only one instance of the GP application is running on the client for your current Citrix session. I believe there are also some Windows security aspects that may come into play depending on the Windows login credentials. Th...

Excel object model references
Can anyone point me to good excel object model references? I need to do things like list the worksheets in a drop-down so a user can choose one, etc. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance. Fred This is an Access forum not Excel. However, if you go into some VBA code and add a reference for Excel, you can use the object browser and if you have the help files loaded, you can press PF1 to get help on any object or parameter. -- Dorian "Give someone a fish and they eat for a day; teach someone to fish and they eat for a lifetime". "Fredrated" wro...

Help with Excel Dates
HELLLLP !!!! :D Ok I have a database at work that when extracted from Foxpro to Access and then to Excel so that i can finaly work with it, all the fields (which are numbers) are stored as text. After converting all the fields (thanks to another post showing that you can copy blank cells over your data using the add and value options in paste special) my dates are all messed up. What is happening is that the date is stored as a number in the following format "yyyymmdd". Example "20010123". When you try and convert that to a date it gives me an infinate number of #. How do ...

Select Case problem
Hi, I've been trying to modify this login script fom http://www.rlmueller.net/ to map network shares based on security groups in AD without using lots and lors of If Then statements. I've tried to convert it to use Select Case but although it will run the first select case statement and map the I drive, it doesn't seem to be running any of the others. Any ideas on how to correct this? Code is below: Option Explicit Dim objNetwork, objSysInfo, strUserDN Dim objGroupList, objUser, objFSO Set objNetwork = CreateObject("Wscript.Network") Set objFS...

Excel prob
I have a problem here with matching 2 Excel files. Is it possible? have attached the Excel file . I want to record the SPR_Ref_No which i the xxx part in text format to another Excel file automatically wheneve the file is being saved (the sample100.xls) The other Excel file shoul record the last 3 numbers which is symbolized as xxx from th sample100.xls The other file(let's call it sample200.xls) should contain all th running numbers xxx from sample100.xls I would like a pop up message being shown to the user if she/h accidentally uses the same number and suggest the following runnin nu...

Regarding Excel Macros
Hi, Am having one excel sheet contains more records(rows as well as columns) say A to z in the specific column i want only A B C in that column Rest all should be deleted along with the Row. Can you pls send the code for this it will be more effective for my official use. "Sowparnicka" wrote: > .. say A to z in the specific column > i want only A B C in that column > Rest all should be deleted along with the Row. Why macro? .. especially when a couple of simple steps using autofilter on a helper col will deliver it in a matter of seconds Let's say that specific...

Pivot: where does Excel store the data?
Hi all, when I copy&paste a pivot table into a blank workbook with only one sheet and then send this workbook to someone by e-mail, the recipient is still able to drill down into the data by double-clicking a cell in the pivot table. Excel displays a new worksheet containing the original data. Where does Excel store the data, and what would be the simplest way to avoid showing it? Example: the recipient may only see salary totals per department, not the salaries of individual employees. Thanks, Timo Timo, I'm not the expert on "where" Excel stores the data. But I do ...

How to retain the insignificant Zeros in Excel 2000
I am trying to capture the number of decimal digits in a cell. When the cell has all zeros(say 4) after the decimal, the cell shows zero decimal digits instead of 4. eg: 484.0000 decimal digits shown are 0 instead of 4 but if i have 484.4432 it shows 4 decimal digits. So the problem revolves around the zeros after the decimal. Does anyone has a solution for this problem, please let me know. Thanks in advance. Hi To a computer, 484 and 484.0000000 is the very same number. It does not think in terms of significant numbers the way we higher developed species do. You can format the c...

Stock Quotes on Excel 2007
Just upgraded from Windows XP to Vista and from Office XP(2002) to Office 2007. In Excel 2002 I had downloaded a Microsoft add-in which would obtain stock info (name, current price, etc.) from any stock symbol. Apparently this add-in does not work on Excel 2007. There must be a straightforward way to get my stock quotes in Excel 2007, but Microsoft is doing a good job of hiding it. (1) Is this feature built into Excel 2007? (2) Will the older add-in work with 2007, even though it doesn't say it will? I really need this feature, Can someone help? Most add-ins will work with Exc...

Unprotecting what Excel says is unprotected ???
Good evening all the peeps of the Excel Community. This one has me completely flammuxed but hopefully someone can spot my obvious error that I can't ... I have a workbook with 26 sheets. At some time, I know I password protected it ... somehow. Each time I open my workbook, it asks me "xxx.xls' is reserved by Joe Bloggs. Enter password for write access, or open read only." I have been through each and every one of the 26 sheets using Tools - Protection to unprotect but none are protected, nor are any Workbook protected. My only guess is that at some stage,...

cannot copy/past in Excel
When I Paste a cell or a range in Excel, all I get is Hello! written in the destinatin cell. Can anybody help me out? It could be a helpful macro trying to stop you from making changes. close excel open excel in safe mode windows start button|run excel /safe then file|Open your workbook and test it out. If that stopped the problem, you'll have to determine where the macro is. If a co-worker developed the macro, you may want to go back to him/her. If you can find the code, you may be able to fix it (or turn it off). If that isn't it, select one of those cells (with "hello!...

Promoting emails to Case Activities
Hello We have recently implemented CRM 1.2 (standard suite). We are using the service module to track the technical support for the software we develop. When we reply to a customer, I would like to promote the reply email to the activities for the case. Is this possible? It seems like you can only promote emails to activities for leads, accounts and contacts but this doesn't seem right.. Thanks for any guidance you can provide Derek Hi Derek, I'm also having this problem, when using the 'regarding' field for a received email to assign it to a new case record, i can only as...

Excel file opens MS Excel Training Webpage When the Excel file ope
I have a file that I think was originally created using the on-line MS training. Now evertime I open the excel file the web page automatically opens. It's mostly just an annouance. I was able to copy the content into a new file and it stopped this behavior but I'd love to know how it happened and/or how to turn it off in the original file. Excel 2007 - mail merge file - opens thle link below everytime I open the excel file http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?ver=12&ver=12&app=excel.exe&AssetID=RH011206001033 Thanks John ...

How do I put a button on an excel spreadsheet to print a report?
Hi please help I want to put a button onto a excel spreadsheet (not the toolbar) that will print a report for me from another sheet, what macro do I use and what options do I use Regards Casper I would record a macro when I printed what I wanted. Then I'd use a button from the Forms toolbar and plop it onto that other sheet--and assign that recorded macro to that button. Your recorded macro may look something like: Option Explicit Sub Macro1() ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True End Sub I'd change it to be more specific (and give it a nice name): O...

need Excel formula that figures out which data adds up to total
I have 33 different dollar amounts listed along with their invoice numbers and I need to figure out how many of those amounts add up to a check that I received. For example, I have 33 different rows of numbers in 1 column that add up to 53,545.69. Which rows of numbers add up to that? I received a check for $11,646.54 but do not know which invoices it pays. Is there an Excel formula that can tell me which ones could add up to that total? Thanks for any help, Kerri Google for SOLVER "Kerri" wrote: > I have 33 different dollar amounts listed along with th...

CRM Cases
I am new to crm 4.0 was wondering if anyone can help with the following 2 points: a) Under Services -> Cases -> New, the Customers field is mandatory. I have a situation where a customer name/address information is not available but I need to add a case anyway. Is there a way to make this field non-mandatory? OR if I add a "Blank" customer is there a way to automatically add this customer upon saving the record provided it is blank when saving? b) Again under Services -> Cases -> New, if the customer you wish to enter is not on the database already, i.e. a new cust...