Upgrade Excel 5.0

I currently have Excel 5.0.  Is it possible to purchase
upgrades for this version?  I would like to upgrade it to
at least Excel 97 but preferably further.
Thanks.
0
eianiero (1)

Hi Elizabeth

5 is old. Old like vintage. I don't think upgade licenses go more than a version or two
back, so 5 wouldn't qualify for that.

Worse perhaps is that only the current version is for sale at any time. That would be
Excel XP for a few more days, until 2003 version arrives. You could always check the
secondhand market and online auctions like www.ebay.com for older versions. There are a
few new cool things in each new version, I think 2000 is the absolutely oldest one to
consider -meaning don't spend money on 97 (unless you're a "version collector" like me).

All this said, keep your copy of Excel 5 too, at least on discs. It's very cool. Like a
classic car.

--
HTH. Best wishes Harald
Followup to newsgroup only please.

"Elizabeth" <eianiero@ups.com> wrote in message
> I currently have Excel 5.0.  Is it possible to purchase
> upgrades for this version?  I would like to upgrade it to
> at least Excel 97 but preferably further.
> Thanks.

0
innocent1 (11)

Help Desk Module for CRM 4.0
Is there a help desk module for IT service management that the end users and the IT department with CRM 4.0 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=624233e3-6ef9-44...

Vista x86 Upgrade to Win7 x64

win CE 6.0 build error
Im running MIPSII CPU on Win CE 6.0 everything was well on building BSP until I updated R3 and several QFE for Win CE 6.0 from Jan --> Aug 2009. sysgen ERROR is the one I get - it fails within a minute of SYSGEN or clean SYSGEN the folliwing is what I get from build.log at \WINCE600\ -------------------- icrosoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 8.00.50727.42 Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. -nodefaultlib -include:DllMain -entry:_DllMainCRTStartup -pdb:C:\WINCE600\OSDesigns\build_test\build_test\Wince600\simuMIPSII_MIPSII\cesysgen\oak\target\MIPSI...

Excel will not fill in the months
Appearently Excel refuses to fill in the months. After having typed January in cell A2, selected cell A2, placed the pointer in the bottom right corner of the cell and then dragging downwards, the rest of the months do NOT fill in. For numbers it DOES work, though. This is part of the online training course at: http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC010437481033 A little help would be appreciated. I am using Excel 2003. Simon Tofte Simon, Check Tools / Options... "Custom Lists" tab, and make sure that you have a list "January, February,..." ...

Money 3.0 XP and Networking Query
Hi, I have a client who is using money 3 for personal purposes for keeping track of shares and dividends and such. I realise Money 3 is very old (looks like it was for windows 3.1!) but he does not wish to upgrade to a newer version of money which is more complicated and has many features which he will never use. My questions are: 1] Will money 3 work reliably in XP? 2] Has anyone tried using money 3 over a network? i.e. sharing the file and using it on different computers (it would not have to be at the same time).? Otherwise, can you suggest a program that can deal with buying/se...

0 values in pivot tables
Hello everyone, I have a pivot table and I have a field that calculates the average of scores for certain people according to the number of records that they correctly created in a database. The score is determined by the number of records created correctly divided by the total number of records. In some cases, some people have not created any records. It is grouped like this on the list : Sales Manager Sales Rep Score John Jim 50% John Andy 60% John James 70% John Peter ...

Cannot see opened Excel file
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I can't see an excel file that I've opened. Double clicking the file launches Excel but I can't see the document. I've tried opening through excel/file/open....etc it didn't work too. <br><br>Note that this problem is only for some files not all In article <59bb797e.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0>, Nico1712@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: Intel > > I can't see an excel file that I've...

how to convert a html page to excel format ?
I tried to cut and paste and the format becomes disorganised. Moreover when I copied the picture, it transferred into a cell. Is there an shareware or aid available that helps in this aspect. URGENT .... :confused -- michaelta ----------------------------------------------------------------------- michaeltan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2559 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39011 You could try File - Open, and enter the URL in the filename box. Depending on your version of Excel, it might work well enough....

Upgrading the CPU?

Excel file opens with a blank screen
I have an excel file with a few worksheets. Sometimes (But this does not happen every time) after I run a macro that takes data from other files and puts it onto a worksheet in the current file, after I save and close the current file and then reopen the file, it comes up blank. I can still view my vb code, but I cannot see the actual spreadsheets unless I go to View-->Full screen and then reduce the view with the minimize icon on the little toolbar that pops up. What really makes this odd, is that a friend in another lab can run the macro and open the file at his place with no prob...

#DIV/0! error
Dear All I am sure this problem I have can be easily resolved however, I have tried all the online help without success. I want to work out the percentage of two numbers however, to be able include zeros as part of the template. Example C1/B1=D1 as a percentage. Obviously when zero's are entered into the cells it generates the '#DIV/0!'. I have tried entering '=IF(C1=0,"",C1/B1) but it still comes back with the error. Additionally, can you write a conditional format that changes what is displayed when you get an error message? IE. =IF(D1=#DIV/0!,"100"...

how start Excel w/o asking enable macros?
Thanks for any help. I have a workbook with macros that I start up automatically everytime I log into my account (I have the shortcut to the Excel file in the startup menu). Is there a way I can set Excel so that it doesn't ask me if I want to enable macros for that file? I do this everyday, and could save a second that way, and make one less step for the user to have to do, too. Thanks again. If you 'sign' the macro, set your security level to medium, and indicate that you are a trusted auther, you won't be bothered with the prompt. The cheap way to sign is to create t...

8.0 Upgrade

unable to drag scrollbar in excell 2000
I have office 2000 installed on my xp home sp2 machine and when i click on the scroll bar in excel to drag it to the required point on the worksheet it just jumps to the end of the sheet in effect acting like a page up or down button. i am actually clicking on the scroll bar as i now clicking under it has the same effect. has anyone come across this or have a fix? i have a wheel mouse and can scroll down the page with that but this is starting to bug me now.. any suggestions greatly appreciated ...

Excel in
Help! I have one client that has an excel spreadsheet embedded in email that she could previously edit. Now every time the speadsheet is activated it shrinks to a uncomprehendable size. Outlook and Office have both been uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. Has anyone ever experienced this problem and what was the solution other than blast her profile and rebuilding her computer? -- Thang Nguyen You may want to add more description to "uncomprehendable size". If the application is minimized (or made a small window), maximize it. If the zoom factor has been changed (wi...

XP Upgrade

Pivot table in Excel. Exported data from access as excel sheet.
Hi, I am looking for a fix in below code, probably addition to it. I'm trying to export a query from ACCESS 2003 to EXCEL 2003. I do that each time with the export to excel button available in access which generates a temp file which I have to save all the time by naming it into appropriate excel file format. So far I have managed to export only the data sheet. I'm stuck with creating the pivot table portion. These few lines I found while browsing and changed them w.r.t. my requirements. I would like to have a pivot table in sheet2 based on data range in sheet1. C...

Still battling 1.2>3.0 upgrade

Excel data from spreadsheet to database
Can anyone please direct me to an article that has instructions on how to gather data from an Excel 2003 spreadsheet into a separate database? Thank you, Ricki See reply at your other posting. Not necessary to multi-post. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 15:36:34 -0500, "Ricki Miles" <rickimiles@shaw.ca> wrote: >Can anyone please direct me to an article that has instructions on how to >gather data from an Excel 2003 spreadsheet into a separate database? Thank >you, > >Ricki > ...

How do I create a list of sequential numbers using Excel or Acces.
I am trying to generate a list of numbers, incrementally increased to my specifications. I absolutely hate the idea of having to do these myself....is there a way to have Excel or Access generate this list for me? There are all kinds of ways of doing this, but what are your specifications, and restrictions. Increment by one insert a 1 into cell A1 or a formula =ROW() into cell A1 place 1 into cell A1, drag down with right mouse button, fill series place =ROW() * 5 - 1 into cell A1 drag down with mouse, or drag down with right mouse button, fill values (still be for...

excel data gathering
I have a spreadsheet that has columns for tracking information. I am trying to track spending for the week. When the weekending date is input. I need to pull from 3 columns. Date, code, and amount based on the previous 7 days of the week ending date. I have racked my brain trying to come up with a way to do this. email me if you need more information. Thanks in advance for your help... ***** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training & Add-ins. Free Excel Forum http://www.ozgrid.com/forum ***** To summarize your data, and show the total for each week, you could use a ...

In Excel, how do you make one whole sheet equal to another.
I have a work book with many sheets which represent separate projects. The first sheet of the work book is a summary by project for each of the projects. In the accounting work book I have a project ledger sheet and would like to make the one sheet in the accounting book equal to the entire sheet in the projects work book. That way if I make a change to a project sheet it will go all the way up to the first sheet in the projects workbook and then to the accounting work book sheet "projects ledger" and from that ledger it will flow into all the rest of the accounting sheets in ...

Upgrading to Money 2004 Premium
Hi, I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this problem, and if yes what was the work around. -- Cheers Catherine PM Community Team This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. In microsoft.public.money, Catherine Feldhausen [MSFT] wrote: > >I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that >my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this >problem, and if yes what was the wo...