updating pivot table #2

I have pivot tables that I update weekly with new data.  Unfortunately, the
prior week's options are included in the updated drop down lists.  The old
data is not included in the calculations so it doesn't affect the report in
that regard but although I only have 18 weeks of data in the source
worksheet, the drop-down lists show the 32 weeks I have been running the
report as options.  It is confusing to users of the report.
0
Gibran (1)

There's information here on clearing old items in a pivot table:

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

pivot table with dynamic base data
hiya, im trying to create a pivot table where I can change my base data (inserting or deleting rows of data) and still have this reflected in the pivot table. My solution was to use entire columns as my range for input to the pivotTable, but this means including blank rows which seems to muck up the calculations. I cant think how else i can allow for new rows to be added to the base data anyone got any ideas how to do this? thanks loads for your help! You can use a dynamic range as the source. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot01.html bb wrote: > hiy...

RMS 3.0 #2
i upgraded my service plan last year same time becuase they said rms 3.0 is releasing soon. Should i pay the fee becuase it didn't get me anything. any suggestions? Also rms 2.0 didn't do much except some button in po's and created more problems. i dont think they will be releasing 3.0 anytime soon anyway. Tough call I have heard from a partner that the 3.0 wont be out until endo 2009 but most likely 1st qtr 2010... Dynamics pos is the next release then RMS 3.0...thats on the rumor mill.. take it with a grain of salt. "manoj" wrote: > i upgraded my...

Problem with Script Updating

Update for MS Money 2005?

Error: Can't clean up the following tables: PriceLevel. 02-13-05
Hello all, using CRM 1.2 on a win2k3 server we get this error in the application event log: Source: MSCRMDeletionService Event ID: 5895 - Error: Can't clean up the following tables: PriceLevel. Category: none User: n/a Computer: our_exchange_server ooppps, I forgot, of course many thanks in advance for any tip! ...

From temporary table to master table and then join this in junction table
Hello, I have imported two spreadsheets from excel to two temporary tables called "import_tbl_contract" and "import_tbl_products". I do this on daily basis and import many spreadsheets. I end up with these data: [import_tbl_contract] contract_number contract_title start_date end_date [import_tbl_products] product_number product_text price I now append these data to the following two tables: [tbl_contract] contract_id (PK) contract_title start_date end_date e.g. 1; Syringes and needles; 01-01-2010; 31-12-2010 [tbl_products] product_id ...

Excel 2010 Slicer Connection / Pivot Table Problem
Working in Excel 2010 beta. I have two pivot tables created from different SSAS cubes. I have PowerPivot add in installed, but not using it for this project. The two pivot tables both share several similar dimensions. When I try to connect a given slicer to both pivot tables, the 2nd pivot table is not available in the "Pivot Table Connections" window. The only pivot table listed in the "Pivot Table Connections" is the one for which the slicer was originally created. All of the posts I've seen so far say that all the pivot tables in the workbook should appear...

Outgoing SMTP Problem #2
I am experiencing problems sending to certain domains on new Exchange 2003 Server installation running on 2003 Server (PDC and DNS Server). I have had similar problems on the previous setup running Exchange 2000 on 2000 and 2003 Server where outgoing SMTP did not fail over to the next lower priority MX record of the recipient's domain. This was a known issue and a hotfix was available. A test SMTP connection to a recipients primary mail host did in fact fail whereas the third highest accepted mail. Creating an SMTP connector for this domain to that host solved the problem. However...

Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Updates

How do I change the external data source location for a pivot tab.
Using Excel, I have created a pivot table that is linked to a Access database. I want to move the Access database to a different file location, but the pivot table in Excel can not locate the file. ...

Update question

page break #2
I am working of a Excel database for my company. Somehow while during editing a page break appeared right in the middle of my document. I am aware that you are able to go to "Insert" and remove a page break...yet in this situation I am unable to do so. Any ideas of what to do or how to fix it? Suggestions are highly appreciated. Try working in the View "Page Break Preview." It's much easier than manually entering breaks, and fairly intuitive. When you are through, reselect the "Normal" view. "kellie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Outlook Networking #2
Is it possible to have a home network (3 PC's)with Outlook running on each and set it up so that they all synchrionize? That is, change an entry on one pc and it effects all three. Kevin wrote: > Is it possible to have a home network (3 PC's)with > Outlook running on each and set it up so that they all > synchrionize? That is, change an entry on one pc and it > effects all three. Not easily...but see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm ...

login errors #2
When trying to login I am getting this error: Login denied. An installation task of Analytical Accounting is running. Please try again later. Thus it will not allow me to login. Any suggestions? Try clearing any user stuck in SY00800 "sajlnp" wrote: > When trying to login I am getting this error: > > Login denied. An installation task of Analytical Accounting is running. > Please try again later. > > > Thus it will not allow me to login. > > Any suggestions? Hello Have you tried to run Dynamics Utilities? It seems that you have an unfinish...

How update entity in post update?

Outlook 2003 over VPN #2
I am trying to get VPN access to an Exchange 2000 server, with Outlook 2003 through a cable modem running on XP Professional. Access to the VPN works, I can even set up the client and "check the name" with no problem. But, after loading Outlook 2003 I don't see any emails. Normally when I would connect a machine through the VPN (using earlier versions of outlook) I would see the users mailbox by default. Does anyone have any idea why I cannot see the mail in the exchange mail box? Are there settings, that by default, act like an account that needs to "send/reci...

Pivot calculations, is it possible this way?
Hi, I've a datadump from a database containing work hours from five different departments, categorized as several different types like 'sick leave', 'on training' etc and of course the usual workstuff categories... I'ld want a pivot table of a specifik work type per department, like 'on training', but I'ld like the value to be proportional to the amount of personal on that specific department. Is that possible, how? Any help would be appreciated! Hi Sebastian, I can only assume that you already have the pivot table there... on the top left of the ...

latest update too MSCFV2

Sent Items with 2 accounts
In my Outlook 2003, I have configured my office email id as well as my group email account. Whenever i sent a mail out from my group account that mail getting stored in my sent items folder. I want those mail to get stored in my group sent folder. Configure a rule to move mail to the appropriate folder on sending "mrbalaje" <mrbalaje@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:177E7C94-A5B4-4DB8-9592-0CAF5D64CD26@microsoft.com... > In my Outlook 2003, I have configured my office email id as well as my > group > email account. Whenever i sent a mai...

putting data into multiple tables
Using Access 2002 and would like to enter data into form which will then send to fields in multiple tables and update them. Can this be done and how need basic explanation Why do you want to send the data to different Tables? If The Tables all belong to the same Database. ie you're not dealing with different back-end systems, you probably have a serious normalization problem. Data should normally only have to be in one table in a relational database. Pieter "Phillipa" <Phillipa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:994354EC-1216-4EEB-9CA9-D9F0880B03C5@mic...