Updating a DATE, only if the page has been modified.

I have a spreadsheet with a cell containing:
="Print Date: "&Text(TODAY(),"mmm-dd-yyyy")

I want to add another cell that reflects the date of the last time the sheet
was modified/changed.

So the logic would be somthing like:
 IF (Sheet-Changed, Current-Date, Previous-Date)

Can any one point me in the right direction?

Thank you

That requires custom VBA code. If you want help with that just let us know.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Michael" wrote:

> I have a spreadsheet with a cell containing:
> ="Print Date: "&Text(TODAY(),"mmm-dd-yyyy")
>
> I want to add another cell that reflects the date of the last time the sheet
> was modified/changed.
>
> So the logic would be somthing like:
>  IF (Sheet-Changed, Current-Date, Previous-Date)
>
> Can any one point me in the right direction?
>
> Thank you
Jim

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just looked through the Excel 2003
Bible, and while I have some knowledge of C++ I am over my head with VBA
right now.

Pointing me in the right direction would be great, where to read, code
snippets ect.

Thank you

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

> That requires custom VBA code. If you want help with that just let us know.
> --
> HTH...
>
> Jim Thomlinson
>

> "Michael" wrote:
>
> > I have a spreadsheet with a cell containing:
> > ="Print Date: "&Text(TODAY(),"mmm-dd-yyyy")
> >
> > I want to add another cell that reflects the date of the last time the sheet
> > was modified/changed.
> >
> > So the logic would be somthing like:
> >  IF (Sheet-Changed, Current-Date, Previous-Date)
> >
> > Can any one point me in the right direction?
> >
> > Thank you
Name a cell "LastSaved" and use this code in ThisWorkbook Module.

Private Sub Workbook_SheetChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range)
 With Range("LastSaved")
        .Value = "Time & date of last change is: " & Format(Now, "mm-dd-yyyy
h:mm")
        .EntireColumn.AutoFit
    End With
End Sub

Or, look into BuiltInDocumentProperties which can tell you;

Title
Subject
Author
Keywords
Comments
Template
Last author
Revision number
Application name
Last print date
Creation date
Last save time
Total editing time
Number of pages
Number of words
Number of characters
Security
Category
Format
Manager
Company
Number of bytes
Number of lines
Number of paragraphs
Number of slides
Number of notes
Number of hidden Slides
Number of multimedia clips
Hyperlink base
Number of characters (with spaces)
Content type
Content status
Language
Document version

--
Regards
Dave Hawley
"Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a spreadsheet with a cell containing:
> ="Print Date: "&Text(TODAY(),"mmm-dd-yyyy")
>
> I want to add another cell that reflects the date of the last time the
> sheet
> was modified/changed.
>
> So the logic would be somthing like:
> IF (Sheet-Changed, Current-Date, Previous-Date)
>
> Can any one point me in the right direction?
>
> Thank you

0
ozgrid
4/6/2010 3:10:52 AM
Dave

Thank you for taking the time for the detailed explaination. This points me
in the right direction. It will take me a while to understand the macro you
have written, but it is what I need.

The second listing of object values is also very helpful.

Thanks

Michael

"ozgrid.com" wrote:

> Name a cell "LastSaved" and use this code in ThisWorkbook Module.
>
> Private Sub Workbook_SheetChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range)
>  With Range("LastSaved")
>         .Value = "Time & date of last change is: " & Format(Now, "mm-dd-yyyy
> h:mm")
>         .EntireColumn.AutoFit
>     End With
> End Sub
>

> Or, look into BuiltInDocumentProperties which can tell you;
>
> Title
> Subject
> Author
> Keywords
> Comments
> Template
> Last author
> Revision number
> Application name
> Last print date
> Creation date
> Last save time
> Total editing time
> Number of pages
> Number of words
> Number of characters
> Security
> Category
> Format
> Manager
> Company
> Number of bytes
> Number of lines
> Number of paragraphs
> Number of slides
> Number of notes
> Number of hidden Slides
> Number of multimedia clips
> Hyperlink base
> Number of characters (with spaces)
> Content type
> Content status
> Language
> Document version
>

> --
> Regards
> Dave Hawley
> www.ozgrid.com
> "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a spreadsheet with a cell containing:
> > ="Print Date: "&Text(TODAY(),"mmm-dd-yyyy")
> >
> > I want to add another cell that reflects the date of the last time the
> > sheet
> > was modified/changed.
> >
> > So the logic would be somthing like:
> > IF (Sheet-Changed, Current-Date, Previous-Date)
> >
> > Can any one point me in the right direction?
> >
> > Thank you

How do I retain formating while resizing page?
I have a booklet I redo periodically. This year we'd like to resize the booklet from a 5"x7" to a pamphlet size (to fit inside a #10 envelope). Currently it's publishing in booklet form with 24 pages. The number of pages changes from year to year and it is done with a card stock cover so simply changing to a pamphlet form will not work. Unless you are going to maintain the same proportions, it's not going to be easy. It'll have to be done manually. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" ...

Update for MS Money 2005?

Publishing excel Speadsheet to web page
I have a sheet that I am publishing it to a web page. Most sheets come out to a 40K file except 1. This one publishes to a size of 2.5mb. All sheets have hyperlinked data but the one that gives me the largest file has the least data and hyperlinks. Any suggestions? Thank you Chris Your usedrange is to big Chris on that sheet Debra Dalgleish's site http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "Chris" <chrispknight@aol.com> wrote in message news:dfd501c3f0c0$9b5fcdc0$a101280a@phx.gbl... ...

Problem with Script Updating

PivotTable page field list- limiting what a user sees
Folks, I am creating an automotive Winter & All Season Tire listing. What I would like to provide from a pivottable is, from 3 page field items a user picks; 1) Type (Winter or All Season) 2) Rim size (13,14,15,16,17 or 18 inch) 3) a list of only those tires which meet the above What I am getting now from the drop dwon lists is; 1) Type works fine 2) shows 13,14,15,16,17,18 and then repeats 13,14,15,16,17,18 3) shows all tires sizes (which is above 30 items long instead of about 4-5) Any thoughts on how this might be done with VB etc. ...

Date Range
I have created a query based on one table to search for dates in a certain range, for example May, by searching the date field with the criteria Between [enter start date] And [enter end date] It pulls up most records but always leaves excludes a few records which should be included. Previously all dates were in a different format, so I changed them all to d/m/yy. The date field in the table is text. Should it be changed to a date format? If this is an issue, why is it pulling up most of the fields? Thanks. Could you post the SQL you are using (or at least the criteria)? Also tel...

Australian date format in Excel 2000
We have recently upgraded MSOffice97 to MSOffice2000. In Excel2000 I find that I cannot set the date format to the Australian date format, even though the Windows regional setting is set to English(Australian). How can you format cells to Australian date format? ---------- Brian Jones Our Lady of the Sacred Heart College Bentleigh Victoria Australia Hi Brian, Highlight the cells yo wish yto format, then; Format/Cells/Date then choose the format that suits your requirements. Cheers, Ken Russell kenrussellyourhat@optushome.com.au Remove yourhat to reply by e-mail .. "Brian Jones&q...

MS can't even get the release date right
Microsoft CRM has been a major disappointment in most every aspect. Now, they've failed again with the CRM product by delaying the CRM 2005 release until 4th Quarter. Some might say that this is a good thing so that it's a better product, but MS should have it more together than to announce a ship date they can't fulfill. Very frustrating that we have to continue on with this inferior version 1 product even longer. -- Brandon Smith IT Director Presentations Direct - Specialized Office Equipment & Supplies http://www.presentationsdirect.com So what causes you to ca...

Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Updates

Multiple date select calender
I need a calender for MFC in which i can select multiple dates similar to what is there in calender of outlook 2003. Also I need the functionality to be able to select the days i.e. sunday, monday, etc. Is there some activex available freely which i can use. Or is it possible to achieve the same by subclassing the existing CMonthCalCtrl in MFC. Please guide me. Thanks in Anticipation Software Engineer wrote: > I need a calender for MFC in which i can select multiple dates similar to > what is there in calender of outlook 2003. Also I need the functionality to > be able to sel...

Date question
My macro is embedded in an Excel workbook. On 'Sheet1' there are 2 input fields, (1) the 'Start' date, and (2) the 'End' date (for a 1 week period). Users will enter both dates. There are several restrictions: (1) the 'Start' date must be a Sunday, (2) the 'End' date must be a Saturday. and (3) these dates can only be for a 1 week period (7 days). There are edits already in place to identify issues for these 3 items. It will also be okay for users to enter a week in the future. However, they cannot enter last week's dates. ...

Prevent Overlapping Dates
I have an entry subform where I am trying to prevent overlapping dates. TABLE NAME: tblMeasuresStaffLink FIELD NAMES SUBFORM NAMES StaffID Staffcmb AssignmentTypesID AssignmentTypescmb MeasuresID Measurescmb AssignmentBeginningDate AssigneeBeginning Date AssignmentEndingDate AssigneeEndingDate The table has four primary keys: StaffID, AssignmentTypesID, MeasuresID, AssignmentBeginningDate. This code isn't giving me any error messages, but it doesn't seem to...

How to drag a picture from html page and save to local computer #2
Hi, I had written an application with Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0(with sp5), I wanna drag a picture from html page and drop in my application, a dialog-based application, but I don't know how to set the clipboard format, CF_GIF?, and, If I can get a href-link for the picture, So my problem is addressed now. So..., I don't know how to do? Anybody can offer some articles or codes to help? Any help will be appreciated! Allen Chang See IDropTarget and other related interfaces. "Allen Chang" <zhangbwnewyork@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23sLdi25LFHA.3960@TK2M...

Update question

page break #2
I am working of a Excel database for my company. Somehow while during editing a page break appeared right in the middle of my document. I am aware that you are able to go to "Insert" and remove a page break...yet in this situation I am unable to do so. Any ideas of what to do or how to fix it? Suggestions are highly appreciated. Try working in the View "Page Break Preview." It's much easier than manually entering breaks, and fairly intuitive. When you are through, reselect the "Normal" view. "kellie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...

How update entity in post update?

When cells with dates don't format
I have some cells which contain dates. These dates are a link from another data source (Bloomberg) and when I try to formatt the cells, I cannot. They will only display the date in mm/dd/yyyy formatt. Any ideas? Thanks My first guess is that the cells are coming in as text. Look for an apostrophe (" ' ") in front of the data in the cell. If not, try using "text to columns" (select the entire column, click Data, Text to Columns, Finish). Then, attempt to re-format the cells (or entire column) as a date with the form that you want. Also, make sure ...

latest update too MSCFV2

Anyone know how to Automatically transfer CSV data to Web page forms?
How can you populate a form fields on a html web page (client side) with data from an Excel file (CSV). The web page has several text fields for input that I manually populate. I would like to transfer the data into the web form automatically from the CSV file. How can this be done? TIA Jman -- --------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final Web @ http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet ------------------- ----- ---- -- - Jman, I had some success using the SendKeys method in VBA. It wasn't a web form -- it was a terminal emulator -- but I think I did...

Dynamic Menu update