Update complete excel file online

Dear all,

Hope you can help me with this problem.

An excel file is updated on a daily basis and can only be found on the
internet.
The basic format of this file is always the same, the only changing aspect
is the data.  How, or if even possible, could I implement something (e.g. a
button?) which automatically implements the updated sheet from the Internet.

I am really looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Why do I have a runaway cursor in Excel
About half of the time I open an Excel file, I try to position the cursor on a particular cell and the cursor just runs away, cannot stop it, have to kill the session with task manager. Any ideas? This is Excel 2003 Hi Peter99, > About half of the time I open an Excel file, I try to position the cursor on > a particular cell and the cursor just runs away, cannot stop it, have to kill > the session with task manager. Any ideas? This is Excel 2003 See http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ghosting.txt for a host of possible causes. Regards, Jan Karel Pieterse Excel MVP www.jk...

Completely Locked Out
Hey, Ive got a workbook that creates an attendance register programmatically using vba. The orginal program was written by somone else, and i have been delegated the task of adding modifications to it. I ran a macro that unprotected some sheets, and inserted a new student, and now I cant access anything from the menus, toolbars, or by right clicking, almost everything is greyed out. Ive reopened an other excel file, closed and restarted excel, and have even restarted my machine, but it has not helped. Everything in the macro menu is greyed, the protection is greyed, the new.., the save, sav...

Update for MS Money 2005?

Publishing excel Speadsheet to web page
I have a sheet that I am publishing it to a web page. Most sheets come out to a 40K file except 1. This one publishes to a size of 2.5mb. All sheets have hyperlinked data but the one that gives me the largest file has the least data and hyperlinks. Any suggestions? Thank you Chris Your usedrange is to big Chris on that sheet Debra Dalgleish's site http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "Chris" <chrispknight@aol.com> wrote in message news:dfd501c3f0c0$9b5fcdc0$a101280a@phx.gbl... ...

Problem with Script Updating

Outlook data file check
Hello, I am using Outlook 2007 on XPSP2. Quite often on startup I get a message the Outlook is doing a file check and performance may be slow. I also often get on computer startup a message requesting me to send an error report to Microsoft that includes a few episodes of Outlook not responding. Any idea what this could be about and how to prevent both? -- Thanks, Bob ...

Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Updates

How can I pre format all Excel comments
How can I pre format all Excel comments to Tahoma, font size 12, in BOLD, in all workbooks and worksheets as my default. You have multiple responses in .misc. MongoMan wrote: > > How can I pre format all Excel comments to Tahoma, font size 12, in BOLD, in > all workbooks and worksheets as my default. -- Dave Peterson ...

Backing Up Money Files
Do any versions of Money allow backing up data to cds, rather than floppy discs? All of them allow it in the sense that they don't prevent or preclude it. None of them allow it in the sense of enabling it by providing their own CD burning engine. See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q51 for the FAQs treatment of this incredibly FAQ. "Wade" <wstarl@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:083201c38627$333d0770$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Do any versions of Money allow backing up data to cds, > rather than floppy discs? A good strategy would be to back up to second hard disk,...

Excel 2010 Slicer Connection / Pivot Table Problem
Working in Excel 2010 beta. I have two pivot tables created from different SSAS cubes. I have PowerPivot add in installed, but not using it for this project. The two pivot tables both share several similar dimensions. When I try to connect a given slicer to both pivot tables, the 2nd pivot table is not available in the "Pivot Table Connections" window. The only pivot table listed in the "Pivot Table Connections" is the one for which the slicer was originally created. All of the posts I've seen so far say that all the pivot tables in the workbook should appear...

MSWORD to EXCEL
How do I import and retain formatting from MSWord into an Excel document so that the data does not come into excel as an object, but will paste into the cells/columns correctly? If you have a table in Word, it will copy and paste into the spreadsheet, but not sure how to keep the formatting, font, etc. ...

Wildcards in Excel Formulas
I am working on an Excel spreadsheet and I am tyring to write a formula to read the 4th character of previously entered data For instance, codes entered in column A could be eadSvf1 and eadNvf1. I need a formula to read that 4th character and put a 1 or 2 in column B depending on if the 4th character is an S or an N Hope that made sense and thanks in advance. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ got it, thanks anyway, I ended up using the MID function ...

Update question

formatting excell
How do I make an entire row change to a new color if one cell in that row gets any data entered into it? Select your range. I selected A1, then selected the whole worksheet (ctrl-a (twice in xl2003)) Then with A1 the activecell. format|conditional formatting I used a formula of: =counta(1:1)>0 and formatted the pattern nicely. Vstar1969 wrote: > > How do I make an entire row change to a new color if one cell in that row > gets any data entered into it? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Excel cells changes number format automatically
I am using Excel 2007. Many of the cells I am working on are in general format where I store various numbers for analysis. These values change itself to date format occassionally creating whole lot of work for me to change them back to general format. How can I solve this issue? Also in my pivot table, my source data is in general format. Still when I click on sub total in any catagory in the table to find details about it, formats are changed date format in the new sheet it pops up. Can someone help resolve this issue. ...

How update entity in post update?

help needed with excel 97
I need help with a problem that I'm having. I've got about 300 sheets i my excel workbook. I need to copy the data from cell B5 on ever sheet,into a new sheet. What can I do -- sithlord3 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sithlord3k's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2751 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47025 Copy to where? You may want to try something like this: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/sum_the_same_cell_in_multiple_microsoft_excel_worksheets.htm *******...

Problems with Excel functions
I have a problem with the excel funtions. The problem is that when write a funtion as for example : = Replace(E2,12,16," ") what is displayed in the cell is the funtion that i wrote and not the result. I have been having this problem and i do not know if it's a setting on my program. Please help me on.....is URGENT... I need Excel working .... Thanks in advance Your cell was formatted as text before entering the function. Format as General and re-enter (F2, Enter) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "RITRAM" <RITRAM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Getting path from the full path and file name
Hello again, This is my second question today. The question is how to get just the path info from a string that contains path and file name information. I am looking an MFC or WinAPI function to do that because I don't want to do it manually. Thanks, "msnews.microsoft.com" <fwr> schrieb im Newsbeitrag = news:uzyJa$q1DHA.1700@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... : Hello again, :=20 : This is my second question today. The question is how to get just the = path : info from a string that contains path and file name information. I am : looking an MFC or WinAPI function to do that becaus...

latest update too MSCFV2