Update cell based on date range

Hey guys! I posted this in the General Forum, but I figured this woul
be a better place for this question.  I was wondering if I could ge
some help here. I would like to update a cell based on a date range
For example, I would like to update the value of a cell to the value o
another cell if the current date is between July 1st and July 10th
However, if the date is outside the date range, I want the value fo
that cell to not be updated, and be the previous value. Can anyone giv
me an example as to how I would do this? Thanks!!

--
deversol
deversole's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2267

=IF(AND(TODAY()>=DATE(2005,7,1),TODAY()<=DATE(2005,7,10)),"Value2","Value1")

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"deversole" <deversole.1rpcai_1120575926.8886@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote
in message news:deversole.1rpcai_1120575926.8886@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Hey guys! I posted this in the General Forum, but I figured this would
> be a better place for this question.  I was wondering if I could get
> some help here. I would like to update a cell based on a date range.
> For example, I would like to update the value of a cell to the value of
> another cell if the current date is between July 1st and July 10th.
> However, if the date is outside the date range, I want the value for
> that cell to not be updated, and be the previous value. Can anyone give
> me an example as to how I would do this? Thanks!!!
>

> --
> deversole
> deversole's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22672
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=384545

0
terre081 (3244)
7/5/2005 3:33:37 PM
Thanks for the reply Peo, however that is not exactly what I was lookin
for.  I wrote a similar function.  I do know what the value will be whe
that function is True, it will be set to the value in a cell on
different sheet, but if that if statement is false, I don't want th
value in the cell to change.

This is the function that I am trying to get to work:

=IF(AND(TODAY()>G37,TODAY()<H37,WEEKDAY(TODAY())=3),'Status'!D59,????)

What I want to do is update a cell for that week on that Wednesday.
will have a cell for each week, and each Wednesday that cell will b
updated with another value, which is at 'Status'!D59.  However, I don'
want that particular cell updated if it is not during that week.  So, i
that cell is updated in one week, I don't want that value to change th
following week from what it was the previous week.  Does that mak
sense

--
deversol
deversole's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2267
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38454

Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks!

--
deversole
deversole's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22672
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=384545

pivot table with dynamic base data
hiya, im trying to create a pivot table where I can change my base data (inserting or deleting rows of data) and still have this reflected in the pivot table. My solution was to use entire columns as my range for input to the pivotTable, but this means including blank rows which seems to muck up the calculations. I cant think how else i can allow for new rows to be added to the base data anyone got any ideas how to do this? thanks loads for your help! You can use a dynamic range as the source. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot01.html bb wrote: > hiy...

what command shifts all cells in a column up or down?
Accidentally did something in an Excel worksheet to shift all cells in a particular column down. Do not know the command(s) or keystrokes to reverse what I did and shift all cells in the column up. select the inserted cell Edit>Delete when asked, click "Shift cells up" -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "marco" <marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0CAFF80-291E-4A62-9D52-980D94F74378@microsoft.com... > Accidentally did something in an Excel worksheet to shift all cells in a > particular column down. Do not know the command(s) or keystrokes...

Problem with Script Updating

Update for MS Money 2005?

Cell Editing Macro
I am looking for a way to edit a cell and put quotation marks around the contents of that cell using a macro (or some way of automating this). The reason being that this file is being imported into another program and the syntax requires quotation marks around each value. The original file is comma delimited and the contents are both numbers and words. Any help towards a solution is greatly appreciated. thanks Tyler mcleant at hotmail dot com Styler, Try writing the file with the Text Write program at www.tushar-mehta.com. It has an option to put all fields in quotes. -- Regards fro...

Multiple date select calender
I need a calender for MFC in which i can select multiple dates similar to what is there in calender of outlook 2003. Also I need the functionality to be able to select the days i.e. sunday, monday, etc. Is there some activex available freely which i can use. Or is it possible to achieve the same by subclassing the existing CMonthCalCtrl in MFC. Please guide me. Thanks in Anticipation Software Engineer wrote: > I need a calender for MFC in which i can select multiple dates similar to > what is there in calender of outlook 2003. Also I need the functionality to > be able to sel...

MS can't even get the release date right
Microsoft CRM has been a major disappointment in most every aspect. Now, they've failed again with the CRM product by delaying the CRM 2005 release until 4th Quarter. Some might say that this is a good thing so that it's a better product, but MS should have it more together than to announce a ship date they can't fulfill. Very frustrating that we have to continue on with this inferior version 1 product even longer. -- Brandon Smith IT Director Presentations Direct - Specialized Office Equipment & Supplies http://www.presentationsdirect.com So what causes you to ca...

Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Updates

Update question

Copy and Paste based on criteria
When Department changes I need to insert the ADDRESS below the Account-Institution Business Office:. Another option I have is that if address = get new address from page 2. HELP xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ending 02/13/10 Account-Institution Business Office: DEPT EMP.NBR EMPLOYEE NAME ADDRESS 883 27903 ROBERSON, JOE abc 883 119245 MUSIL, TODD E abc 883 Total ----------------------------------------------------------------- Account-Institution Business Office: DEPT EMP.NBR EMPLOYEE NAME ADDRES...

is there an easy way to move parts of cells around
we have an excel sheet which is keeping track of dart player team points over a four week competition. Each week the couple (one guy and one girl) compete in a dart tournament, to hopefully win and get the most points. Second place comes with less points, third has less again, and so on. In order to use "sum" we have entered the information along one row. Now when it is finished, we would like a quick and easy way to have the two player who played together to be placed one under the other. For example Billy-Joe Beckett would end up in one cell and Debralee would be in the cell direct...

Excel cells changes number format automatically
I am using Excel 2007. Many of the cells I am working on are in general format where I store various numbers for analysis. These values change itself to date format occassionally creating whole lot of work for me to change them back to general format. How can I solve this issue? Also in my pivot table, my source data is in general format. Still when I click on sub total in any catagory in the table to find details about it, formats are changed date format in the new sheet it pops up. Can someone help resolve this issue. ...

How update entity in post update?

Counting cells with a specific background colour
I have a spreadsheet with several rows. The background of the rows can either be coloured Red, Orange, Green or white. What I want to do is have a running total for each colour, so that if a row is set with a green background it will increment the Green total by one. If an Orange row is changed to Red, the Orange count will drop by one, and the Red count will go up by one. Is this possible, and if so, how? Rgds Duncan One way: Assuming that the colors aren't applied by Conditional Formatting: http://cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm If they are applied by CF, do a conditional...

When cells with dates don't format
I have some cells which contain dates. These dates are a link from another data source (Bloomberg) and when I try to formatt the cells, I cannot. They will only display the date in mm/dd/yyyy formatt. Any ideas? Thanks My first guess is that the cells are coming in as text. Look for an apostrophe (" ' ") in front of the data in the cell. If not, try using "text to columns" (select the entire column, click Data, Text to Columns, Finish). Then, attempt to re-format the cells (or entire column) as a date with the form that you want. Also, make sure ...

latest update too MSCFV2

Dynamic Menu update

how to return a serial number to a date
Example: 40899 Is there a formula to convert the serial number 40899 above back to 12/22/2011? Thanks, Holly Format the cell as Date -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Holly" <Holly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82F628DD-B506-4A72-B5AC-DF85265ADAB0@microsoft.com... > Example: 40899 > > Is there a formula to convert the serial number 40899 above back to > 12/22/2011? > > Thanks, Holly "Holly" wrote: > Is there a formula to convert the serial number 40899 > above back to 12/22/2011? It would h...

IF on a range of cells
Hello Everybody, I am working in Excel 2003 with two lists, dates and prices in columns A and B respectively. I am trying to use IF worksheet function to find if any prices in the prices column match a certain figure (say $24), if a match is found I want to return a corresponding date from the adjacent column, i.e. column A. For example, if I am searching for $24 in prices list and it is found in B37 then I want to return the date from A37. Is it possible? If yes then how? Despite my years of extensive experience with Excel, I haven't been able to figure that out. Than...

How do I match values from cells to a list of info
Which function would I use to link data entered in to cells to the corresponding value in the chart. A B C D 1 1 1.5 2 2 .5 2 7 12 3 1 3 8 13 4 1.5 4 9 14 5 2 5 10 15 6 2.5 6 11 16 According to the chart 2x1.5=10. If one cell has the value of 2 another cell has the value of 1.5, is there a function to connect the info? Sorry if the question makes no sense, I am struggling. Any help would be greatly appreciated. One way... A10 = vertical lookup ...