Unwanted replicated split screen

I know I could re-install excell but before I do, is there anyone here
who can help me disable a setting that I have no idea how it came
about.  I can only describe it as 2 identical execl grids on the same
worksheet.  Accompanying image will show you.

Help.
Thanks.

|Filename: excel_display_duplication.GIF                            |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3855     |

BoyLeroy
BoyLeroy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27607
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=471303

Have you tried Window-->Remove Split?
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"BoyLeroy" <BoyLeroy.1w21yc_1127887515.4216@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:BoyLeroy.1w21yc_1127887515.4216@excelforum-nospam.com...

> I know I could re-install excell but before I do, is there anyone here
> who can help me disable a setting that I have no idea how it came
> about.  I can only describe it as 2 identical execl grids on the same
> worksheet.  Accompanying image will show you.
>
> Help.
> Thanks.

> |Filename: excel_display_duplication.GIF                            |
> |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3855     |

> BoyLeroy
> BoyLeroy's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27607
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=471303

0
ng1 (1444)

Can the POS screen default to "Work Order"
Is it possible to have the POS to have new transactions automaticly come up as work orders? Meralee, This can certainly be done through a customization. If you are interested please give us a ring at 1-888-267-RITE or drop us an email at sales@rite.us. -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE) rsakry@rite.us http://www.rite.us 320-230-2282 ext. 4002 (Office) 320-230-1796 (Fax) "Meralee" <Meralee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CD79EB7-D5FB-467A-ADC6-C3A7D362DE24@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to ha...

03 -> 07 migration EAP unwanted results: unwanted email address for all users
I am near completion of an 03 -> 07 migration I have just upgraded the Email Address Policies to 2007, the non-defualt policies are defined by dept One of the policies appears to have added an unwabted address to default users, this dispite checking (previewing) the filter befire applying How can I remove the unwanted address from the group of users who should only be getting the default polcy? F Hello Frank, > I am near completion of an 03 -> 07 migration > > I have just upgraded the Email Address Policies to 2007, the > non-defualt policies a...

HP Recovery disks leave screen black.
I have a HP Pavilion a1610n Desktop computer, Product Number RC652AA, Serial Number CNH6320HW2. The original HP Recovery disks 1 and 2 , HP5013-7947, Build 64NAemMPA3 did the initial reformat and went through the normal process including setting up Windows XP for my personal preferences and after it finished ask to "restart". I did that and since then nothing happens when I turn on the computer. Inserting the HP recovery disks again does not do anything either. The screen stays dark. The computer is on, I can see the hard disk spinning, the CD drive is fine, I can he...

public folder, replication 2k and 2k3
We have two exchange servers, 2k and 2k3. We have our users distributed between both servers. Some of the public folders are mail enabled. These are used as shared mailboxes for incoming mail. Both servers are on the same domain and are part of the same adminstrative group. I was wondering if it was possible for all users to directly use the public folders on one server, rather than repicate between the two servers. In effect, switch off the public folder access on one of the servers. Example: a mailbox on exchange2k would have the public folders on 2k3 as their default pfs. Is this even...

Re: unwanted pictures
64, not 54 Anyway, never be concerned with it. It's normal. "Stan Starinski" <China@stealsUSJobsPatentsSoftwareMusicVideo> wrote in message news:efZ2Kq0iKHA.2184@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > > 64, not 54 > > Anyway, never be concerned with it. It's normal. Are you correcting your IQ? You believe your IQ is 64 and not 54? ...

Stripping out unwanted date in cell
Hello, I am trying to import a Global address list, but my problem is I need just the smtp address in the cell so i want to strip out all the other junk, here is a couple of examples of what the field could appear like. I need to strip out everything accept for the SMTP:someaddress@someplace.someextension. It could be any extension and it is not always a percent at the beginning or end. SMTP:bubba.cairn@bla.ca%MS:UOF9/UNIVERSITY/bcairn%X400:c=US;a=;p=Uof9;o=Univ ersity?Hall;s=Cairn;g=bubba;%CCMAIL:Cairn, bubba at University_Hall CCMAIL:ssdsexam at STUDENT-SERV%MS:UOF9/STUDENTSER/SSDSEXAM%SMTP...

How to check Public Folder Content has fully replicated?
Hi, I am near the end of an Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 migration and have just created replicas of my public folders on the new Exchange 2003 public folder server. Is there any way I can check that the content for the public folders have fully replicated to the new 2003 public folder server? The Pub.ebd on both servers are different sizes (the exchange 2003 is bigger). We have over 7000 public folders, so it is not a realistic to check the size of each public folder on 5.5 then on 2003. Can anyone suggest a utility that will compare the number of messages on each server within the publ...

Different Replication paths for CCR
While configuring CCR, its been mentioned that, I should have same drive letters in both active and passive nodes for log shipping and relay operations. (replication paths). Can i setit up with different drive names for active and passive nodes? ex ( store1. edb should reside in C:\exchange\store1.edb in active node and the replication path for this should be in E:\exchange \store1.edb in passive node?) Regards, Shivaraj On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 03:46:10 -0800 (PST), shivaraj <shivaraj.malannavar@gmail.com> wrote: >While configuring CCR, its been mentioned that, I should have ...

unwanted pictures
Every day in my "recently changed" file under "DOCUMENTS" I receive hundreds of unwanted pictures.It seems as if they are snapshots from a tv news show. Help Jade -- jadelo22 probably cached images from webpages you visited, or HTML email you opened, or webpages you stored locally but opened several times. Don't be concerned with it, it's stored for faster access in case you open same webpage again and system detect's page hasn't changes since last visit. But with huge RAM memories & fast Internet these days, its usefulness is ...

Displaying a dialog over a full screen game window
Hi, I need to display a small dialog box on top of a game window running in full screen mode. Will it work if i just do a SetWindowPos(&CWnd::wndTopMost, 700, 20, 0, 0, SWP_NOSIZE ); Or do i need to follow some other method?? This is for a game window which takes over control of the screen completely and the only way to regain control (other than exiting it of course) is by pressing the Windows key. Please help..... Rupa That should work so long as the screen is in a resolution that can display the dialog. Often games put the screen into a different mode than the typi...

Replication takes so long!
Hello all, After we create an account in AD, it takes almost 24 hours before the account shows up in our address book. Is there anyway to speed this process up? I can force an AD replication, but it does not seem to help with the address book delay... TIA, Gary that's a RUS issue, most likely...you might want to see this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/288807/en-us -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Gary" <hornbeck@siskiyous.edu> wrote in message news:uLzKMn5GGHA.596@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello all, > After we create an account in AD, it takes almost 24 hours b...

Splitting a cell and removing the columns
I am working in Excel 2000 and I have a column that I have to remove the commas, No problem I can format that change, but I also have to split the numbers, For example the cell reads 7,997,301. I want two columns, one with the 7997 and the other with the 301. Can you help me with the formula? Thanks Joyce Joyce, Assuming value in A1, and assuming you want the thousand value, in B1 enter =INT(A1/1000) in C1 enter =A1-(B1*1000) -- HTH Bob Phillips "Joyce Clarke" <clarkej@nscudic.org> wrote in message news:3dbb01c375ff$344eb6f0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I am working ...

Annoying Window/Screen pops up after Startup.
"The computer must be restarted before updating can continue". It finishes with, "Would you like to restart now?" This started after i believe an Adobe product started an automatic update or upgrade. Now the message is always there after startup and nothing I have tried will get it to stop. I have allowed it to restart and it pops up again on next startup. I have run malware and virus. There are no "boxes to check" or options within the screen other than Yes or No. Any ideas??? Johnnyiscurious wrote: > "The computer must be restarted b...

Unwanted From field when replying
In Outlook 2003 when I reply to a message the "From" field automatically comes up. It just started doing it, nothing has changed that I know of. When I create a new message it does not appear. When I reply I have to turn it off manually every time. Thanks in advance. ...

Strange Replication Issue
Hi all, i have a windows 2003 Domain with about 60 Subdomains. Some time ago 2 sudomains were deleted. Now they are replicated back to the root domain. How can that happen, any ideas? What to check for troubleshooting ? cheers, Marco -- travelfreak ------------------------------------------------------------------------ travelfreak's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/128759.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/active-directory/1275039.htm http://forums.techarena.in Hello travelfreak, For replication troubleshooting see: http://technet...

Splitting one cell into three.
Try to split a cell in Excel 2000. in one excel cell the following information is recorded. ..032 x 6 x 12.5 2024-t3 clad If I can pull out the information .032, 6, and 12.5 to three separate cells I can then use formula to calculate cost, number of parts, etc. I know how to combine the information into on cell, just not how to split it out. the thickness is always .xxx, but the width and length change in decimal 12 or 12.5 or even 12.63. I wouldn't mind information on the groups you send it out to as well, If it is not a secret. Thank you --TJ On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 15:55:04 -0700...

My screen in Publisher 2000 is tinted yellow, publication,
A document I started some time ago in Publisher 2000 now appears on a tinted yellow screen. This covers the document and the scratch area also. Why is it not white any more? What have I done and how do I get back to white? Will it affect what goes to the printer? ...

unwanted font changes
I have a co-worker using Excel 97 SR-2. When she opens up a spreadsheet, the font will change from Arial to any other font available on her system. She has to highlight the worksheet and change the font back. The Style default is set for Arial. Can you tell me how to stop this from happening? Thanks Kelly Kelly, Not sure what is happening here, but one remote possibility might be that excel is having problems handling an excess of styles. If this is just happening with one particular workbook, there's a utility on my site that you could try on the workbook that helps you clean ...

Referencing an excel 'cell' value on the shapesheet screen
I have a value in an excel spreadsheet, Test.xls for example at cell 'A1', that I want to use in the PinX field of a shapesheet. How do I reference the excel sheet in the shapesheet window? I tried to use ='Path\[Test.xls]Sheet1'!A1 to do this but it didn't work. Thanks for all your help. Hi Fred, That's a cool idea and it makes perfect sense, but... I know the ShapeSheet looks like Excel, but unfortunately, you can't do this directly. You could write some automation code that might be able to do some sort of linking, but this capability isn't built ...

Unwanted spaces
In a column, for 3400 rows, How do I get rid of an unwanted space preceding the sentence and make sure the first letter of the sentence is capitalized. This formula should do the trick. =UPPER(LEFT(TRIM(A1)))&RIGHT(TRIM(A1),LEN(TRIM(A1))-1) enter it in a unused column, Copy down and then Copy-Paste Special Values back to column A -- If this helps, please remember to click yes. "LeisaA" wrote: > In a column, for 3400 rows, How do I get rid of an unwanted space preceding > the sentence and make sure the first letter of the sentence is capitalize...

Bug: automatic resizing of inserted image creates unwanted black l
Hi, Im running word 2007 on windows 7 ultimate. When an image is inserted into a document and is larger than the current page it is automatically reduced in size to fit the page (unless u changed the default settings). Save the document, close it, reopen it and there will be unwanted black lines on the top and left hand edge of the image (like a black border on those sides). I think it is the auto resizing that causes it. This must have been mentioned on this discussion group before, I just cant find it. If you search google there are a bunch of people with the same...

splitting up an IP address #2
the problem with that is that I need the IP address still. The text t columns splits it up but I loose the IP. I also need this to do i automatically -- eluehman ----------------------------------------------------------------------- eluehmann's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1309 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27776 Hi a very simple solution would be: - copy column A first to column B - apply 'Data - text to columns' on column B -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "eluehmann" <...

Can I open two Pub2002 files on screen at once and edit between th
Hi, I'm trying to condense a lengthy Pub 2002 doc by rebuilding it in a new file. I don't want to start from scratch. How do I display the existing file and the new one on the sceen at the same time and then drag and drop objects from one file to the other? Is it even possible? I tried opening two versions of Pub 2002, but only one would open at a time. HELP! Thanks. Right-click the Quick launch toolbar (desktop), tile the windows... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "thosdew" <thosdew@discussi...

Unwanted Symbol
I have Microsoft Word 2003. Everytime I open up a new document, an image appears in the upper left hand corner of the page. It looks like a bold, reversed, duoble lined P symbol. According to the SYMBOL Drop Down Menu it says the following: Pilcrow Sign - Character Code: 00B6 - From: Unicode (HEX) - Short Cut Key: ALT+0182. How do I permanently get rid of this symbol. Thanks for your help. It is a paragraph end marker. Click the matching button on the Standard Toolbar or Press CTRL+Shift+8 to toggle the display. If it remains when you do that : Tools > Options > Vie...

adobe attachments open with blank screen
I receive attachments (pdf) and previously could open and read them. Suddenly they open as blank. I then send this to another PC and open it successfully, save as Word and return it to my PC.......... I use Windows XP Pro, Outlook 2003. I am using the free Trial 2007, and still it worked for the first 2 weeks so I don't know if it's related. I'M TECHNOLOGICALLY CHALLENGED so if you care to respond, please make it as simple as possible - thanks much. Kind regards, Greg. challenged wrote: > I receive attachments (pdf) and previously could open and read them...