Unsave file

Dear All,
I have updated Excel file, but i was wrong to press the Button File Save to
"NO".
Please advice either there is any temporary file Excel in the computer...in
order for me to save what i have done in updating the file...

Your help is highly appreciated..

Andri
0
Andri (2)

Sorry, no.

To save future tears, you may want to look at:
file|saveas|tools|general options
and check always create backup

If you save, you'll get a backup copy built with a name like:
backup of book1.xlk

=====
And one tip that may help (also in the future)...

If you know that you don't want to change that workbook.
file|open
select your file, but don't click the Open button.
Use the dropdown on that open button and choose:
Open Read-Only

Then excel will help protect you from yourself.  (It's very useful.)

And one more....

If you know you don't want to change that workbook, use rightclick on that
filename in windows explorer.  Select properties and mark it readonly.

Excel will respect that OS setting.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Anyone using Auto Accept Agent with a customized XML config file?
Is anyone using the Auto Accept Agent and has customized the agent's XML config file to give customized repsones for individual mailboxes or change from the agent default settings? I have followed the Auto Accept Agent administration guide to the letter on this with no luck. the agent always uses its default settings. The XML file is valid and there are no messages in the logs. Restarting the service doesn't help either. This is on an Exchange 2003 Enterprise edition server running on W2K3 Server SP1. I haven't run across anyone who has it working, only a few like me who c...

File System Performance Tuning
I am currently working on WINCE6.0 file system performance tuning. In theory, memory mapped file will increase frequently accessed file data. I use 2 method to read through a file Method 1 ----------------------------------------- CreateFile(...) for (cnt=0; cnt!=TEST_CNT; cnt++) { start = GetTickCount(); SetFilePointer(hFileInput, 0, 0, FILE_BEGIN); loop ReadFile(..., buf, bufSize, ...) through the file end = GetTickCount(); Dump (end - start); } Method 2 ----------------------------------------- CreateFile(...); dwFileSize = GetFileSize(...)...

Expost Outlook PST file to Outlook 2002 PST file
I have a customer who has bought a copy of Office 2003 which he has now decided he doesn't like!! He has asked me to return his system to his old Office XP Professional. No problem except for one thing - I exported his PST file from Outlook 2003 (11.5608.5703) and tried to import it toOutlook 2002 (10.2627.2625) and the result was that Outlook 2002 doesn't recognise the format of the Outlook 2003 PST file! My customer isn't impressed!! Does nyone any ideas on how I can either export the file in a format that will be recognised AND keep all his folders and messages where t...

Exchange Log Files #3
Using Exhange 2000 Server with SP3 on Win2k Server SP4 I never had a problem with the Exchagne Log files in the MDBData folder. I notice the drive where the Exchange Log files were was running out of space. the MDBData folder was full of log files dating back about 2 months. I am trying to figure out why the log files did not auto purge like it was doing before. I deleted some of the log files (is there any consequences for deleting these log files?). I then change the setting within the Exchange Server Properties to remove log filess older than 7 days (I read somewhere that i shou...

Retrieve unsaved file
Hi, Probably this is answered elsewhere. Unfortunately could not find it. Here I go - One of our users was working on a long Excel document. And by mistake she closed the file without saving it. My query is - is it possible to retreive this document somehow? Pl help! Regards, Harish Mohanbabu MBS Axapta - MVP http://www.harishm.com/ -- Harish Mohanbab ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Harish Mohanbab's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=6332 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?thr...

exchange 5.5 export to csv file with smtp addresses
anyone help me export exchnge 5.5 to a csv file. Ive used admin /e parameters which i can get to export email addresses but they have everything in one field like SMTP:user@domain.com%FAX:user@faxmaker%x400=.........etc I have used a facility to remove the % and replace with a comma (,) but the addresses when opened in excel are not all in the same order. Some will appear like SMTP, FAX, X400 and some will be SMTP, X400, FAX or X400, FAX SMTP. This does not help if they are inconsistent. Does anyone have a script/program that just produces the STMP parts in a CSV format which will includ...

Attach file to draft message
Hello, I just switched from OE6 to Outlook 2007. In OE6 one could attach a file to a draft message. I do not see that option in Outlook. It appears one can only attach a file to a NEW message. Can someone tell me how I might attach a file to a draft message? Bob To Outlook, all unsent messages work the same, whether they are drafts = or completely new messages (or replies or forwards). The Attach File = command should be available in the Include group on the Message tab of = the ribbon, as well as on the Insert tab. =20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Micro...

Excel file recovery
I have an important Excel file on floppy disk which has become corrupted. How can I recover as much of the data as possible? The file tries to load - bar moving on bottom left of screen - but fails to load anything. I have tried ExcelRecovery 3.0 Demo which can retrieve the data but as it is a demo, does not show the data (it overwrites cells with "demo"). The alternative of sending the file to a file fix service does not appeal as it is personal data. Can I find a "free" Excel file recovery program anywhere, or can I "edit" the file myself so that it can be o...

Path for file
I am trying to show the entire path for a file in a footer but have had a difficult time finding information on this in the help file. Normally it will show &[file] which only will show the filename. Unfortunately I don't have my Excel Book with me right now. Can you help? Hi troy http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip22.htm See John's tip on this for Excel 97-2000 Excel 2002/2003 have this option build in -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "Troy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:864a0...

how to change directory for .pst file for outlook 2003
Hello I have Outlook 2003. How can I point Outlook to find the .pst file at some location other then the default one. I can do this with Outlook 2000 by just locating the file where I want it. The next time I bring up Outlook, it allows you to browse the file when it can't find it anymore. Outlook 2003 does not do this. It looks for the file in the default location, and then shuts down when it can't find it there Appreciate any suggestions K With Outlook closed, got to "Control Panel" then double click on "Mail". At the "Mail Setup" dialogue,...

color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels?
Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels? ...

UnSave
I overwrote a worksheet - Is there anyway unsave it so I can get my worksheet back? Hi if you don't have a backup, no chance -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "slandow@hotmail.com" <slandow@hotmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:639BF402-2AFB-4938-82DF-CD1B582FF4FF@microsoft.com... > I overwrote a worksheet - Is there anyway unsave it so I can get my worksheet > back? ...

File Formate
I have five Excel files which contain the records of my previous 4 years Business matters. Suddenly yesterday when I opned one of my files I received the following messege. --------------------------------------- The file is not in recognizable formate. if you know the file is from another program which is incompatible with Microsoft Excel, click Cancel, then open the file in its original application. If you want to open the file later in Microsoft Excel, save it in a format that is compatible, such as text format. If you suspect the file is damaged, click help for more information about...

Preprocessor symbols ignored in .RC file
(I posted this question in another group that is related to resource talk, but there's SO little activity I had to post it here too. Sorry to those who might be annoyed by that.) Hi, I am trying to set up the version info so that the exe file has different info in the version fields, depending on one of my preprocessor values. I created a configuration that has the string _W98 in the Configuration Properties C/C++ Preprocessor tab. Then I tried using the following inside the .rc file -------------------------- #ifdef _W98 VALUE "FileVersion", "0.74 W98" ...

Sending a publisher file as an email attachment
When sending a publisher file as an email attachment and is opened, it does not look like the original. Any suggestions why and how to fix it? Thanks El wrote: > When sending a publisher file as an email attachment and is opened, it does > not look like the original. Any suggestions why and how to fix it? Thanks Different fonts are installed on different computers. Create a PDF and send that instead. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org Ed, Its not just the fonts, words are added, hyphens are added, and graphics are upside down. Any other thoughts? &quo...

Files "type" has been changed
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) We have 5 Mac users on our network and recently moved all of our files (PC and Mac) from one server to another. Now most, but not all of the documents have lost their file extensions and show up as an executable, i.e. document.doc is now document. The old server was 2003. The new server is 2008. With all due respect, wha does this have to do with Office? Surely it was the program that copied the files wrongly? Can you not just rename them, or debug the copy program? --rms www.rmschneider.com joycetheater@officeformac.com wrote...

Web services
Hi. My company has an application which exposes some web services. During testing, I am only able to view the WSDL file on certain PCs and not on others. When the following address is loaded into IE, it loads the initial myApp page instead of the WSDL pages showing the available services: http://myPC/myApp/webservices/webservices.asmx?wsdl. What are some of the software settings (security, firewall, IIS, etc) that might cause this to happen? Thanks vilenm@gmail.com wrote: > My company has an application which exposes some web services. You might want to try microsoft.public.dotnet.fr...

Changing xlsx file to zip and deleting a file
I have a user who has an Excel (.xlsx) file that took about 15 seconds to do a simple calculation. But, there are a bunch of other formulas and conditional formatting statements in the file. The file size was "only" 351 KB. There are only 5 worksheets, two of which didn't appear to be used. I went through the other sheets and checked for: - hidden rows/columns - I found none - the area of each worksheet that had data and calculations was small (the most rows on any worksheet was about 130, and the columns didn't extend past P) - the formulas and conditional f...

Can A Hacker Steal My Files If I Don't Share Any Folders In Vista File Sharing?
Hi, I accidentally left my router unsecured for a couple of hours. I also left my laptop on during this time, connected wirelessly to the unsecured router. My question is, can a hacker in my apartment complex who really wants to, connect to this router and hack into my laptop's hard drive and steal/transfer files? I have not shared any folders. I am wondering if they can hack through Vista file sharing, to access folders that aren't even shared. If so, how long would it take them to hack in if they wanted to? (I have since secured my router after leaving it o...

Copying file names and not the actual file
I have a folder in Excel which contains about 500 files with different file names refering to a different client: e.g. "Proforma Bill Smith-GS010203" "proforma John Smith- CS010302" I am currently tying to set up an Excel spreadsheet and would like to copy just the file names into the spreadsheet - not the actual file. I have been trying to copy and paste, just the file titles and had no luck, as excel only wants to copy the file. In Excel you can "Copy" and "Paste Special" if you want to just copy the values, and I wondered whether you could do ...

Copy file to all users desktop directory
I have a d:\users folder on my server. inside users, each user has a folder named with their name. inside each of those folders is a desktop folder. I have a file on the C drive that I need to copy to each of those desktop folders, thereby giving each user this shortcut. Does anyone have a script that could do that, instead of me copying this file manually a few hundred times? many thanks if you do! ...

File/Image sizes
Can you tell me what the maximum image size and/or file size is that Publisher can handle? I created an image 70" wide by 11" high and could not save it as a TIFF file - I always get an error message. What does the error message say? -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "David Harrison" <DavidHarrison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7CA5A46F-6910-4DF4-B0D7-9511CE278077@microsoft.com... > Can you tell me what the maximum image size and/or file size is that > Publisher c...

recover unsaved spreadsheet
I accidently closed a spreadsheet without saving and wanted to know if I can recover it. Thanks. If it was previously saved you can re-open it and start re-entering what you lost. If it was a new workbook, there is basically nothing to recover. There are are third-party data recovery services out there which are pricey. If you want to go that route, STOP using your computer immediately to enhance your oppotunity of finding the file data before those clusters get overwritten. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 2 Dec 2005 12:16:06 -0800, monkeytrader <monkeytrader@discussions.microsoft.co...

Crash Dump files not saving
Hi, Our server is blue screening on a regular basis and we think we know the cause but would like to use the crash dump files to confirm this. The problem is that they are not being saved to disk! I've checked this article and everything seems fine - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/130536 Does anyone know of any otehr reasons why these may not be being saved? Thanks. Sorry forgot to mention that the server is running Windows Web Server 2008 x64 "Jane Rocksford" <j.rocksford.1971@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OtReK6htKHA.4220@TK2MSFTNGP05.p...

Corrupt File
I switched from Comcast to Millenium Cable this week and the installer created a new e-mail account. I noticed later that I had two new e-mail accounts with the same name as well as my old 2 e-mail accounts. I noticed that when I changed something in one of them the change appeared in both. This was the first indication of corruption. I then deleted all four accounts and re- created the new one as well as the two old ones. First I noticed that I could not change the default e-mail account. Then I noticed that not all accounts were participating in the send and receive. I tried to edit...